main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (JA): *New post by HaiGan*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Poor Quillibet and Romy!! I hope this trip is what they need to bond.

You go, Jemmy!! Tell those little brats!! <EG>

2. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Yay Jemmy! And pleeeeeease- can I inflict Thom on those two vrelts while everyone's away? ;-)

Poor, Quilibet- but I think Master Romy might turn out to be the person she needs. It can't have been easy for her to show such sympathy after being rejected in that way.

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    I certainly hope Quillibet and Romy can become a little bit closer and bond...like Frostfyre said.

4. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I'm afraid Jem's not feeling to good today so there might not be a post from her tonight. She did say she might manage "a really, tiny, small post" if she was feeling a bit better.

5. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    This sounds like a job for HEALERLEONA!!

Feel better soon Jem!

6. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Many thanks to Mouse for her help in co-writing this. Thanks Sis! :)

Two days prior to departure: Midmorning

Kason?s classes and combat practices had been canceled for the day in order to allow plenty of time for the travelers that were involved in the classes to pack and set their short-term affairs in order. Charsa busied herself by giving their quarters a thorough cleaning, and when Charsa said ?thorough cleaning? she didn?t play around ? there were few things she hated more than coming back to a dirty home after an extended absence. Unfortunately, such was her single-minded pursuit of cleanliness that Kason was banned from their quarters until further notice.

He was used to his Master?s borderline-obsessive, pre-departure routine, but since classes were cancelled he was deprived of that simple, time-consuming distraction. He spent part of the day wandering the temple grounds and mentally re-checking his packing list until the forced inactivity began to wear his nerves rather thin. For lack of anything better to do, he decided to work out his nerves on the obstacle course located just on the other side of the garden plot where he now wandered.

Kason breathed a sigh of relief as he arrived at the course starting area and found it deserted, he?d have the whole area all to himself and wouldn?t have to endure the distracting competitiveness of some of the younger padawans who seemed to lurk perpetually around the edges of the garden?s recreation area. He wasn?t in the mood for competition today, he just wanted to work out and take his mind off of the impending Master-Padawan retreat.

Kason shrugged out of his brown cloak and tossed it negligently over an empty wooden bench standing nearby. He ran through a quick series of warm-up exercises, feeling muscle and sinew slide gracefully into place. A calm, measuring glance around at the surrounding area assured him that he was still alone as he stepped up to the starting mark for his trip through the obstacle course.

A light touch to his wrist chrono began the timer and the young Jedi launched himself from his crouch like a bolt from a bow caster.

The sun was warm on his shoulders and the wind of his passing whistled in his ears as he ran through the first leg of the course. Sheer exhilaration filled him and he increased his pace in response to the joyful freedom he felt as he passed beneath several leafy-green boughs of the overhanging trees. He could feel the Force moving around him and through him ? a reflection of the life and serenity that surrounded the Temple gardens.

His breathing came just a little bit faster now as his body responded to his demands with exquisite control and grace, his running footfalls blended seamlessly with the hissing of his breath and the pounding of his heart to create a rhythmic cadence that carried him through to the end of that particular phase of the obstacle course.

Kason didn?t slow his pace in the slightest as he approached a series of barriers that lay across his path. At each hurdle he launched himself from the ground and flipped expertly through the air to avoid touching any of the barriers and thus losing ?points?. A little know aspect of Kason?s unique physiology was that it allowed him to easily perform acrobatics and maneuvers of extreme agility that would leave most other people gasping for breath at best?or seriously injured at worst.

Backflipping elegantly over the last of the stationary barriers, he landed lightly on the green, springy turf and ran to the next section ? an area comprised of hundreds of dangling ropes and net-works, the goal being to pass through the area within a certain time without allowing one?s feet to touch the ground.

He sailed effortlessly through the maze like forest of wrist-thick ropes and web-like cargo netting, relying on his upper body strength to swing and glide from rope to rope.

His pulse pounded in his ears and perspiration stung his eyes with its saltiness. Arms and shoulders flexed and reached forth as needed while his swinging le

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'd send An-Paj over if I thought she'd accept him. Get well soon, Jemmiah!

8. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Aww poor Quil and Romy. Seeing the padawan go to her old quarters out of habit was heartbreaking. I hope she'll be able to create at least a formative bond with her new master.

Hai-Gan - Thom had better make an appearance! He'd be the *perfect* agent to inflict misery on the vreltlings in question. (If you can sneak Barin in there as well - even better!)

Calam - Tell Jem to get some rest and not to worry if she doesn't feel up to posting today. Hope she's feeling better soon. (If not then perhaps a bowl of Yoda's gruel will bring her back to health!)

Gryph - Very cool post! Loved how Rela gave him a good run. He'd better listen to that feeling of his *very* closely...

9. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

::sighs in envy:: That sounds like fun. If only...

But I only run when chased. <g>

Get well soon, Jemmy!

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Cool post Gryph! If they only knew! Tee-Hee!

Feel better Jem! I guess if healer Leona or An-Paj fail we can always send Sexy Dexy over to nurse you back to health!

11. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

It'll be Gethin Jem's after! Dr Delicious himself!

I liked the post Gryph. Yes, some people are "just right" for tumbling and sommersaulting! I loved how Rela appeared and they were grinning at each other!

"... you can never tell what might happen on one of those outings". Something go wrong? Surely not! :):)

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I also would love to see those vrelts knocked down another peg or too! We should know what's going on in the temple while we're gone.

Jemmy, don't worry, it can make getting better all the harder. You sit back and relax, you more than deserve it.

Gryph, the description of Kason's running and how he felt the Force was fantastic! I loved how lRela kept up with him and her Monsieur Pussycat cracked me up!

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Ah! So Leona watches Tom and Jerry!

Me too!

14. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    *Smacks head*

I *knew* I'd heard that from somewhere!

15. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks for all the 'get wells' and the like. You'll be glad to know that the threat of Yoda's gruel has perked me up to the extent that I have a small post ready. I'm now going to fall back and swoon in Dexy's arms!

Hmmmm!

Two days before departure.

Waiting.

Rufus Merdan had plenty of practice in the art of waiting over the last few years, always knowing when to take his chance, always knowing when to let an opportunity slip by - albeit temporarily. All good things came to those who wait, or so he reckoned. Lay a trap, set the bait and just lie back and watch as the door slammed shut. He had many such schemes currently running in various corners of the galaxy; an invisible net waiting to tighten against potential foes. Eventually all his plans would pay dividend but for the moment he was content to observe from a distance. Just like he always did.

There was little point in getting too close to the action, just to be on the safe side. Anyhow, that's what all his hired muscle was for. Merdan had long since learned that the way to a man's obedience was to make him fear you. At the end of the day you could offer a man Tatooine's suns and he'd still want more, but blackmail him, hold him over a barrel and you couldn't go far wrong.

All his associates were afraid of him.

He had intelligence on every one of his men and it had certainly paid off. He couldn't help but wish that he'd been that bit more careful with who he'd dealt with on Nargotria?

"Merdan." The dark haired man chewed thoughtfully on his lip as he listened to the voice at the other end of the comlink. "Go ahead, Denman."

"I've been on Coruscant for the past six days." The voice responded. "Got a piece of news that might interest you."
    "That's what I pay you for." Merdan leaned forward in his chair. "Tell me what it is and then I'll say if I'm impressed or not."

There was an almost audible shrug as Denman imparted his news.

"Chancellor Valorum is lending his personal ship, you know the big luxury cruiser that everyone was up in arms about a few years back because of all the tax payers money it was costing to refurbish?"
    "I know of it, yes." Merdan nodded even though Denman couldn't see him. "Go on."
    "Guess who the recipients of this kind and noble gesture are?" Denman's voice contained more than a trace of smugness about it.
    "I don't play games." Rufus said coldly. "Give me the information."

Denman paused.

"The Jedi." He said finally. "Valorum's loaned his ship to the Jedi. There's some kind of trip going on and many of the masters and their apprentices are taking part. Can't understand how they got Valorum to agree, but nevermind. Friends in high places, eh?"
    "I can." Merdan smiled in deep satisfaction at the thought of one more well placed net beginning to close in. "Someone would seem to have gone begging a favor from his friend the chancellor, who just couldn't refuse without being made to look selfish and mean spirited. He's Valorum's friend. He could talk him round."
    "Well, I provided my information. I don't know any more about that sort of thing." Denman mumbled.
    "When does this trip take place?" Merdan hissed, his voice becoming lower and more urgent. "And what's the destination of the ship?"
    "Tildas." Denman replied. "There's a Jedi retreat there so I'm led to believe. They leave in two days time."
    "Do they indeed?"

Merdan pursed his lips and considered. This was a chance to possibly close two nets at once. If the worst came to the worst he would settle for just the one small victory: a chance to hurt the Jedi. It was not a chance he was going to let slip by. Oh, he'd continue to wait if he had to on the other score, assured that his day would come, but in the meantime?

"How good is your spy network, Denman?" Merdan tapped his fingers against the table surface. "Still think it's the best?"
    "But of course!" Denman said in a hurt voice. "There's very little that gets past me."
    "Good. Because whilst your associates are looking for more data on this trip to Tildas you are going to be putting

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Cue the villianous music.

Great post Jemmy, even when you're feeling ill!

Now we see the spider beginning to weave his web.

Boo, hiss!

17. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Oooh, enter the baddie...

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    great posts.. up!!!!

19. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    :) This is really taking off. I love all your posts, guys!!

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    First I need to thank Calamity for digging me out of that block and Lilith for refining and seeing me through the end of this post.

?Ma?am, I?m sorry. We just don?t have an available ship for departure at that time. If you?d like, I can add your name to the waiting list if one...?

?Waiting list?? Leona?s exasperated voice rang.

This was the fifth consignment company she?s contacted and received the same answer. There were no cargo ships available for the three day trip to Tildas.

Sighing in frustration she tried one more time.

?You do know this is the Jedi Temple I?m calling from?? She hated using her status as a Jedi Knight as a means to acquire the needed vessel but it was her only option.

?Yes ma?am? the man?s tone clearly showed he was not impressed, ?if Master Yoda himself called I?d have to tell him the same thing. The best I can do is add your name to the list, though I wouldn?t hold your breath.?

?Thank you...? Leona barely got out before the connection was cut off on his end.

Scrolling through the list of freight companies on her data pad she was interrupted by a knock on her door.

?Hello Master Leona.? came the surprising voice of Krelo Rei'ch.

?What can I do for you Krelo?? the Healer asked, giving a quick visual and Force scan of the tall, green-eyed knight thereby satisfying herself that it wasn?t medical attention that was needed.

?Actually, I was looking for Jemmiah. I?ve only just returned to the temple and wanted to see how the girl was fairing.?

Leona eyed the Knight warily. She could guess the real reason behind her interest in Jemmiah. It was no secret the woman?s good friend Lilith Demodae had taken a special interest in the young Corellian.

It was true she didn?t approve of the bleached smuggler?s chosen profession or brash manner, but truth be told she saw the elder Corellian?s friendship with Jemmiah as a positive influence.

Jemmiah was neither a Jedi nor Force-sensitive and as much as Qui-Gon may want to protect the young woman, she was eventually going to leave the Jedi Temple. And though Leona would never say it aloud, she believed what Lilith could teach Jemmiah of the galaxy may be just as valuable a lesson, if not more than, as what was learned amongst the Jedi.

?I?m delighted to say she?s not here.? Leona smiled, ?I believe she spent the night at Qui...er, Master?s Jinn?s residence.?

?Oh,? Krelo said ?I was hoping to get a message to her before we left for Tildas.?

?Hmmm, yes Tildas,? the healer mumbled only half listening anymore.

?You don?t sound very happy with the prospect of a holiday. Is there a problem?? The tall woman leaned over Leona?s desk slightly, getting a better view of the data pad. She had a small, niggling feeling in the back of her mind that she should find out what the small woman was doing, and she always listened to her senses.

?I was until I was given the task of finding a second transport for the supplies going to the Jedi retreat on Tildas. You?d think with the millions of vessels traveling across Coruscant I?d be able to find one to hire for a simple shipment only a few days away.?

Krelo frowned in sympathy with the small healer, but perked up almost instantly. This would kill two birds with one stone.

"Just how big a ship will you be needing, Master Leona?" she asked cautiously.

Leona sighed. "Enough room for all the medical supplies and the resupply for the retreat we maintain at Tildas."

"Let me see," the tall knight asked. She leaned over and scanned the list Leona handed her. "This isn't really all -that- much. A light freighter could carry it all."

"Yes, but I can't find a light freighter that's available."

"I just -happen- to know of one that might be . . ." Krelo trailed off significantly.

Leona glanced up at the knight and was clued in immediately by her toothy smile. Lilith. And Krelo probably knew just how to get in touch with her fellow Corellian. "I'm not sure if the Council would approve-" she began, but Krelo cu

21. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Whooo-Hooo!! Go Leona! What a perfect way to get Lilith involved in the...um...trip!

"because she may be your only hope.? => Great line!!

"I'll make sure she knows that it's important and that you'll pay corporate rates." The redhead's eyes twinkled with merriment. "That'll bring her running." => An even greater line!!

22. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Fabulous posts one and all.

God I love characters in the stories written by Jemmiah and Co. (No offense intended, it would just take awhile to list them). They're so vibrant and alive. I love them because I don't necessarily feel affection for all of them either...especially Lilith. ::shudder:: I got into ANTAR on the repost, and just finished the fantastic STWOM by Jemmy and Mouse, and even from that limited experience I can tell you, this is not a character I'll grow to like! And that's fantastic! I'm with Qui-Gon on this all the way. Great works guys! Keep it up!

23. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Great posts everyone!!! I was wondering if Lilith would be joining them. And Merdan... there's something I wasn't expecting! I also really liked the interaction between Kason and Rela.

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Rufus is such a polite bad guy, but I would still hate to cross him! Exceptional post Jem!

Leona, just remember Mace said just sign his name to whatever you needed! Boy is this going to get him in trouble! Tee-Hee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.