main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Little Moments Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by koonfan, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, I'm sure we've got something like this thread somewhere out there (Stuff you'd like to see, perhaps), but I'm gonna try and differentiate it somehow. For starters, I'd like to at least show what I mean a bit. XD

Anyhoo, these are like little references, nods or even plot points regarding characters, especially for those with rich EU backstory we'd like to see. Now, obviously, people have brought these up before, saying stuff like <Jedi> rescues <clone who killed him/her>, or Dooku fighting council members he has a history with, for example, but I'm going to, at the very least, show some examples of small bits of dialogue that make use of their histories.

For example, Plo Koon could make a reference to Qui-Gon, and I imagine it'd go something like this: "Don't be so modest, Obi-Wan. Even when you were a padawan, he told me that you were the brightest student that he ever trained."
    or, from Obi-Wan's end, "Qui-Gon always held you in the highest esteem, Master Koon."
    (the above excerpts were taken from Lightsaber Duels. Not an outstanding game, but lovely if cheesy dialogue XD)

Could be extra-general to work in most situations, or you could specify what it is exactly. For example, as most Kit Fisto fans know, he is listed as Master Yoda's Padawan...
    "Of all the Padawans I have trained, the most joyful you were, Master Fisto."

So, to try and get the ball rolling...
    Decoded Pop-up: The Iktotchi had carved the symbol of the Republic into their world's surface, having foreseen their arrival.
    Partner character: (looking at Iktotch) Don't tell me that is an actual space-visible carving of the Republic symbol on your planet's surface.
    Saesee Tiin: Alright, I won't.

Kit: (to Aayla in a 'slave outfit') Well, Master Secura. You certainly look 'nice'.
    Aayla: (winks) Yes. You too, Master Fisto.

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Obi-Wan is infiltrating a geonosian hive, where battle droids are repaired for battle. As he squirms through some nasty passageways, he murmurs:
    - "Ugh, I doubt I'll ever find a more wretched hive!"

3. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Nice. XD

Anakin and Obi-Wan are sneaking into some sort of droid area, dressed up in suits made from discarded droid parts. Anakin is the most visibly annoyed by the disguises...
    Obi-Wan: Why Anakin, I'd say you're more machine than man now![face_mischief]
    Anakin: Be quiet. :mad:

Captain Rex, after a moment of sheer awesomeness, is referred to as 'the Alpha male' (Alpha clone can't be used as it refers to the original XD), referring to the ARC trooper whose role he fills.

Agen Kolar's big debut in the series is on Nar Shaddaa, where he is, as Aruk the Hutt said, 'always breaking something'.

Dooku, of course, can pull out the skeletons in the closets of most Jedi, I imagine...
    "Such an outburst is unbecoming of a Jedi Master, Saesee Tiin. But then again, you've always had a problem with attachment, haven't you?" (Saesee Tiin did indeed attempt to commune with the spirit of his dead master)
    "Master Allie. Let us see if your bladework matches that of your cousin's." (Stass Allie being the replacement for Adi Gallia)
    "I never understood Qui-Gon's interest in you, Master Plo. I suppose the superior Jedi is superior still when placed beside a lesser one. That was the case with me and your master." (Plo Koon being a close friend of Qui-Gon, and me theorising that Dooku knew Plo's awesome Wookiee master XD)

4. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Great thread and I agree with you totally on the references (with varying degrees of how subtle they are)

I'd definately like to see one where during combat Ayala Secura doesn't notice an enemy behind her as she is busy with what is in front of her, then Commander Bly shoots and kills the enemy who was a mere meter or so behind her about to kill her. She turns around in shock and Bly says "don't worry Master Jedi, I've always got your back" and she says "thanks" or something to that effect >:D

5. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Thanks for liking it. I think we're like the two most prominent users who are fans of the EU backstories. XD

I really dig your idea for the Bly and Aayla moment which, although we've already gotten one, is clearer and better linked to the movies. Quite a few Jedi can get moments like that, and I'd imagine something like these...

Ki-Adi-Mundi is fighting off a frontal assault of battle droids and finds he's being outnumbered. As he's surrounded, a volley of shots from behind him take out the droids. The Galactic Marines, lead by Commander Bacara, arrive to back him up, and Ki-Adi-Mundi and the commander share a conversation referring to their begrudging respect. Maybe akin to "Always punctual, eh, commander?" "Just taking out the enemies of the Republic, general." (Note: Commander Bacara was described as actually being glad to execute order 66 and wipe out traitors XD)

Or Plo Koon leads his squad of handpicked clone pilots, Captain Jaig (his order 66 trooper) among them. They could make a similar reference like with the previous examples ("Form up behind me. I'll thin out their first wave." "Right behind you, general!"), or even make a reference to Jaig's backstory where Plo Koon saves him and places him in the program to test the new starfighters. Maybe something like "And Jaig, nothing fancy this time, alright?"

6. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I'd like to see some sentences refer to past conflicts that are only known from the EU. Referring to a background planet as Ruusan in a script (Duel of the Droids) and seeing a battle in the Great Hyperspace War depicted on a frieze in Palpatine's office chamber is one thing, but actual reference (direct or indirect) in an episode to a battle or war would be great.

7. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    That'd be great, actually. Though I doubt they'd refer to the really old conflicts, there are always the ones within the period of the prequels and a bit before. The ones I can think of...

-Even Piell brings up a diplomatic problem with Malastare and his home planet. (Emmisaries to Malastare)
    -The Yinchorri crisis is mentioned or even brought up anew (Acts of War)
    -The most prominent one of all: The Stark Hyperspace War, which until Episode 1, was essentially the WW2 of the prequel era. Plenty of characters are veterans of this era (Plo Koon, Obi-Wan and Quinlan Vos included) and are often brought up to represent patriots, competent leaders, veterans, etc.

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I like the idea of the Bly/Aayla moment...nice call! :)

ANYTHING that gives depth to Anakin and Padme would be most welcome. I was always rather bummed this relationship didn't get the attention it desperately needed.

9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The as yet to be named mandalorian leader from season 2 telling the Sepratists about his men.
    "They'll do their job. I guarantee it."

Sep informs the mandalorians
    "I want Kenobi and Skywalker alive. No disintigrations"
    Mando
    "As you wish."

10. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    1. Master K'kruhk is cornered by a force of droids; they use rockets/grenades to 'finish the job'. Big explosion, lots of rubble. The droids step forward.

Battle Droid (surveying the rubble): That's the last we'll see of him.
    (suddenly a massive arm bursts from underneath the wreckage and grabs the droid by the neck. The rest of K'kruhk soon follows)
    K'kruhk: I'm not that easy to kill.
    (cue massacre of the droids)

Or any such reference to K'kruhk's awesome longevity.

2. An earlier reference by Anakin to 'no Jedi being assigned to the Council that wasn't a Master', and Ki-Adi-Mundi simply raising an eyebrow, exchanging a look with another Jedi or some other subtle gesture in the background.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.