main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The Live Action Star Wars Series and Animated Clone Wars Thread.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mike-El, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Since information is very limited for both projects I made a thread to cover both
    the live action and animated Lucasfilm projects.

The following is from theforce.net

For those of you who have yet to read through your latest
    edition of Star Wars Insider, Rick McCallum has comfirmed
    that Boba Fett "will be an instrumental part" of the upcoming
    live action series per an interview inside...Insider.

Btw, is there another thread dedicated to these?

I don't want to be redundant.

Discuss.

2. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    Anyone know the truth to the rumors of Lucas releasing the first few episodes of the cartoon in theaters?

3. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    There is a very good chance of this. During the Hasbro shareholders meeting, they stated that they were using the August theatrical release as the launching point for the CW toy line. Lucasfilm then did a very quick denial that was an afterthought. It was more like a, '****!!! They let it out early so lets deny, deny, deny, for now'.

What McC says about Boba Fett makes sense with all the rumors about Daniel Logan being in the series.

4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Big time update over on StarWars.com! Looks like a theatrical release August 15 and tv shows will air on Cartoon Network!

I'm gonna get back to reading and watching all the new stuff!!!

5. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    Oops. I started a new thread with this info before seeing this one.

6. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    No worries at all. This thread is actually a duplicate of one I started a while back... :)

Has everyone checked out the new videos yet?

7. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
  8. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    You said it!

Did you catch the new padawan on the AT-TE?

9. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweeeeeet! Looks good to me.

Here's a grip about the new show:
    http://characterdesign.blogspot.com/2008/02/star-wars-clone-wars-lifeless-and.html

10. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Are we going to make this an event? This could be a great way to make people aware of the Expo if we go through with that.

11. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    I think that's a great idea, and a great day for a club outing.

If I'm scheduled to work (haven't checked yet), I will definitely take a vacation day that day. I'll at least bring my son - maybe the entire family too, because my oldest daughter likes SW and my youngest daughter watches it with them.

12. TK-1945

Jan 13, 2007
    Makes me want to sell a bunch of my stuff and get Clone armor.[face_thinking]

My toys that is. Not parting with my Storm trooper armor.[face_not_talking]

13. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    You definitely need some clone armor... then you can hang out with Uncle George.

[image=http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/295/e031409agr3.jpg]

A handful of clones from out west got to chill with him at ShoWest last week. My only question is, whats up with the slicked back hair?

14. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I mentioned this on another thread. What if we could just have the expo at one of the theaters one day that weekend,

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    He's ... old?

16. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I think doing an expo at the theater on launch weekend (or night) is the only way you will get people to show up. Unless you plan on having an extensive and expensive advertising campaign, there is no effective way of getting the word out. Free comic book day draws a decent crowd, but it has been going on for years and has national advertising behind it.

17. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Maybe have some kind of promotional material at FCBD promoting the Clone Wars movie.

18. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Before May 3rd someone will need to contact the theater and get their approval to at least do a table, if not something larger. Then we can at the very least advertise our presence at the opening night. Showplace was very nice to us at the Episode III premier, and particularly liked having costumed folks. As with any business, they are looking for anything that will sell tickets.

For the premiere, the expo, and all events, the following holds true: nerds in t-shirts don't draw crowds (I know from my experience as a nerd in a t-shirt). There needs to be something at the event that people can't see everyday. :)

19. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    This would definitely require costumers. Droids would be nice as well. We need a gonk.

20. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Like I said at the meeting, I will have moved to Cincinnati long before the movie premier and possible expo happen. That means one less costumer and the entire local droid population goes with me. :(

That being said, Chuck can't be the only one this club relies on to build cool stuff. We have few other costumers, but you're going to need more if the event might be an all day thing. Lots of people talk about getting in costume... you have 'til August to stop talking and start doing. [face_idea]

Gonks are a great idea! TK-409 did a nice one. Not uber accurate, but affordable and fun. There is a full tutorial thread on the RPF

YouTube video of the gonk It's powered by a small child. [face_devil]

21. TK-1945

Jan 13, 2007
    The Gonk is one of those projects I almost started. Problem was my oldest boy freaks out when I put anything on his head. I couldn't even get him to do a Jawa.

Anyone have any conditioning plans for getting children to wear Star Wars costumes? [face_skull] Maybe I can start on my 2 year old now. :p

22. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Gonk droids are cool!

23. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    The Chuckspawn refuses to wear one or I'd have built it a long time ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.