main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends THE LIVING FORCE (NJO: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, H/L, L/M, Kyp, more) Completed 1/7/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    *Whispers* you're right

*whispers* Why do we have to whisper? :p

Yeah, but Triebakk is old

Source? [face_mischief]

The Eye of Palpatine? I'm suppose to be afraid of that asteroid? What is it going to do? I'm not even in my house, I'm still safe in my Y2K bunker where I've been since December 31, 1999. You can't hurt me in here; I'm invincible!

The Eye of Plaiditine is something entirely different. It has the power to destroy all fanfiction. [face_devil] :p

2. DarkDroid

DarkDroid Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Awesome update, YK! :)

The Eye of Plaiditine is something entirely different. It has the power to destroy all fanfiction.

:eek:

3. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    YK: Who do I look like? Troy Denning? :p

Sometimes, yes... [face_mischief] :D

Have to wait and see [face_devil]

Gah! Get some text-recognition software and a scanner, dammit! :p

Oh, duh :p thanks, all better now ;)

[face_mischief] :p

I think eclipse was destroyed in SBS wasn't it? it was atleast discovered an abandoned. The kids and some of the Jedi are at the maw though.

Didn't they take the codename with them? :confused:

Yes [face_mischief]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ahh, yeah. I think he knows her better than a non-Force user would in his position,

Great point! :D

but I think a 2 year old would have a hard time connecting with his mom over a "holocomm."

:( True, sadly... [face_plain]

How's he reacting to Anakin's return from the dead, though...? ;) :p

Nope :cool:

:D :cool: [face_laugh]

So, what? Anakin, Ben, and Tahiri go off and live in the desert on Tatooine? [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

4. Alpha-synth

Alpha-synth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    Um, am I correct in assuming that Valin is going to follow the fine tradition of people throughout SW history and do something stupid?

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Whitey:Source?

Just my own guess :p

The Eye of Plaiditine is something entirely different. It has the power to destroy all fanfiction.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DarkDroid:Awesome update, YK!

Thanks, DarkDroid :)

Thrawn:Sometimes, yes...

You crossed the line :mad:

Ewok: [face_beatup] (yay!!! I finally got to use that one)

Gah! Get some text-recognition software and a scanner, dammit!

I don't think there is any software that would recognize my handwritting.

Didn't they take the codename with them?

I don't think so :confused: but now I'm wondering if they did... [face_worried]

How's he reacting to Anakin's return from the dead, though...?

[face_laugh] here we go again. When Anakin got back, he made a comm call to Ben and Ben said "Hi dadda." [face_mischief]

So, what? Anakin, Ben, and Tahiri go off and live in the desert on Tatooine?

What makes you think any of them will survive? [face_devil]

Alpha :Um, am I correct in assuming that Valin is going to follow the fine tradition of people throughout SW history and do something stupid?

Yeah, but you probably can't guess what it is ;)

EDIT: alright, 100 posts in this thread already ;) :-B

6. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    You crossed the line :mad:

Ewok: [face_beatup] (yay!!! I finally got to use that one)

:eek: [face_tired] [face_worried] D'oh...!

:D [face_laugh]

I don't think there is any software that would recognize my handwritting.

You'd be surprised... [face_mischief]

I don't think so :confused: but now I'm wondering if they did... [face_worried]

Heh! ;)

[face_laugh] here we go again. When Anakin got back, he made a comm call to Ben and Ben said "Hi dadda." [face_mischief]

You said it, not me... [face_whistling]

I was simply thinking of his reaction in SbS to the softening-up of the YJK...

But... "Knee!"

Give the Skycrawler a shrubbery!

What makes you think any of them will survive? [face_devil]

:eek: Well, I... um...? :eek: :_| :confused:

Because, um, you claim not to be Troy Denning...? [face_frustrated] [face_mischief] :p

- The Imperial Ewok

7. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Well, I finally get the net back and I find out I missed another great post! ah well, I wont be missing anymore from now on.
    It was a cool post YodaKenobi and I liked the fight scene action with Mara particularly, though I really do have this nagging feeling that somewhere along the line, you're going to kill someone off, or at least do something nasty to them...

ah well, can't wait for the next post!

8. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003

:eek: :eek: :eek: You have hairy Scottish men dancing around in kilts?!? :eek: [face_sick]

:p

Who do I look like? Troy Denning?

*Compares Pictures of YK and Troy Denning*

Hmm, a striking resemblance o_O :p

here we go again. When Anakin got back, he made a comm call to Ben and Ben said "Hi dadda."

Not again :p

9. whats-her-face

whats-her-face Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Oops! I missed a post!

Awesome chapter, YK! Go Mara! Way to kick ass Tim Zahn style! Mara rocks!

Oh no, Valin! :eek: I hope he's okay- I would hate for him to go Sithy :(.

I'm all done writing!!!!!!! It only took me a year to write these three stories I'm all done! I've been working on TLF since February Now if I could only finish typing it...

That's impressive, YK. Once again, you make all of us other fanfic writers look like incompetant losers ;)

10. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post, Wes. :)

~~Jilly

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thrawn: D'oh...!

[Happy Gilmore] I'm sorry, Baby [/Happy Gilmore]

You'd be surprised...

I would be :p it's really horrid.

You said it, not me...
    I was simply thinking of his reaction in SbS to the softening-up of the YJK...
    But... "Knee!"
    Give the Skycrawler a shrubbery!

Sure you were :rolleyes: I know what you meant you A/M shipper :p

Well, I... um...?
    Because, um, you claim not to be Troy Denning...?

Good point :D If anyone dies, and they will, I promise it will be for a good reason [face_devil]

Morgoth : Well, I finally get the net back and I find out I missed another great post! ah well, I wont be missing anymore from now on.

Cool, glad you got your internet back. I expect some more updates in "Shadows falling" then ;)

It was a cool post YodaKenobi and I liked the fight scene action with Mara particularly, though I really do have this nagging feeling that somewhere along the line, you're going to kill someone off, or at least do something nasty to them...

Yeah, some people die in this one. Multiple Canon Jedi, OC's, Canon characters and enemies. There's a lot of death.... it actually gets pretty gruesome towards the end :p

ah well, can't wait for the next post!

I think you're actually going to like chapter 6 quite a bit more, but I can't tell you why yet ;)

Amos

You have hairy Scottish men dancing around in kilts?!?

[face_laugh]

*Compares Pictures of YK and Troy Denning*
    Hmm, a striking resemblance

You want a taste of what the ewok got? o_O *rubs fist threateningly*

whats-her-face: Oops! I missed a post!
    Awesome chapter, YK! Go Mara! Way to kick ass Tim Zahn style! Mara rocks!

I love timothy zahn :D Thanks, whats-her-face :)

Oh no, Valin! I hope he's okay- I would hate for him to go Sithy

He'll have a very specific request when he arrives [face_mischief] .

That's impressive, YK. Once again, you make all of us other fanfic writers look like incompetant losers

lol, I think if you knew how much time I took writing it, there would be only one person who could be labeled "loser" :p

JainaDurron: Great post, Wes.

Thanks, Jilly :) Haven't seen you around much lately, hope you get some updates on your fics done soon ;)

12. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    FA: :eek: :eek: :eek: You have hairy Scottish men dancing around in kilts?!? :I [face_sick]

You do know that's a silly question, right?

YK: [Happy Gilmore] I'm sorry, Baby [/Happy Gilmore]

I would be :p it's really horrid.

Worth a try if it means that we get 'fic quicker... [face_mischief]

Sure you were :rolleyes: I know what you meant you A/M shipper :p

It's not a 'ship - it's a subtext! :D

Good point If anyone dies, and they will, I promise it will be for a good reason [face_devil]

Well, if you kill Luke and Tahiri... :p [face_laugh]

Didn't someoneone say "Anakin died for a reason" at some point in the NJO? :p [face_mischief] [face_plain] [face_frustrated]

- The Imperial Ewok

13. Alpha-synth

Jan 22, 2004
    McEwok: Didn't someoneone say "Anakin died for a reason" at some point in the NJO?

Not as such, but Han does say in SbS that if the New Republic is dead then Anakin died for nothing, at least IIRC.

14. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    You have hairy Scottish men dancing around in kilts?!?

Who told you about the Death Star Disco Lounge?! :eek: :mad:

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thrawn: Worth a try if it means that we get 'fic quicker...

More fic will be up soon enough ;) pace should pick up from here on out for posting.

It's not a 'ship - it's a subtext!

However you want to rationalize it [face_mischief]

Well, if you kill Luke and Tahiri...

Why do you think Luke?

Didn't someoneone say "Anakin died for a reason" at some point in the NJO?

Yeah, Luke did. But that's only true if the Myrkr mission made any sense at all and the voxyn were really the doom of the Jedi :rolleyes: I honestly wouldn't have had a problem with them killing Anakin at the end of the story when he'd done something significant. It was just bad story telling :(

Alpha:Not as such, but Han does say in SbS that if the New Republic is dead then Anakin died for nothing, at least IIRC.

Exactly. Maybe Denning was trying to tell us something, but most likely, he had no idea what the full story arc was going to be (considering his own story didn't make much sense :mad:) The New Republic is no more, so by Han's own words, Anakin's death was meaningless.

Whitey:Who told you about the Death Star Disco Lounge?!

:p that place is funny.

New post tomorrow, I think. Time to finish that twist at the end of the 8th cortex and see what Leia is REALLY up too [face_devil]

16. Alpha-synth

Jan 22, 2004
    I suppose the incoherency of the NJO's plot could be sorted by a combination of A) less writers and B) more collaboration on plot details.

17. FamousAmos

Feb 9, 2003
    I honestly wouldn't have had a problem with them killing Anakin at the end of the story when he'd done something significant. It was just bad story telling

I wouldn't have had a problem with them killing him in SBS if A) He hadn't been built up for the entire series B) Tahiri had been left in EU limbo C) SBS had made any sense and D) if SBS hadn't been written for the sole purpose of killing Anakin :mad:

Thrawn
    You do know that's a silly question, right?

That's the general idea :)

Whitey
    Who told you about the Death Star Disco Lounge?!

:confused:

YK

You want a taste of what the ewok got? *rubs fist threateningly*

I ain't scared! Bring it on, YodaKenobi [face_come_and_get_it] :p

Hurry up and post soon!

18. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Amos: :confused:

It's basically a AU round robin fic that was full of humor, lacked continuity and is just about dead. And at one point involved a certain Scottish Jedi in a kilt. :p

Anyway...

*on the Eye of Plaiditine*

[Plaiditine]Prepare to fire, Commander... [face_mischief]

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Alpha:I suppose the incoherency of the NJO's plot could be sorted by a combination of A) less writers and B) more collaboration on plot details.

Yeah, I agree. but also, the overall way in which major story decisions were made (I.E. "We can't kill Jacen so lets just kill Anakin") was just pathetic. :(

Amos:I wouldn't have had a problem with them killing him in SBS if A) He hadn't been built up for the entire series B) Tahiri had been left in EU limbo C) SBS had made any sense and D) if SBS hadn't been written for the sole purpose of killing Anakin

Agree completely. It's even more disheartening when you look at the pre-NJO books in which Anakin was built up as well :(

I ain't scared! Bring it on, YodaKenobi [face_come_and_get_it]

*pummels* :p

Hurry up and post soon!

Tomorrow ;) or I guess later today acutally :p

Whitey:*on the Eye of Plaiditine*

[Plaiditine]Prepare to fire, Commander...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

20. FamousAmos

Feb 9, 2003
    I.E. "We can't kill Jacen so lets just kill Anakin") was just pathetic.

I agree. What makes it even more pathetic is Tahiri. Think about it: once she's in the story(EoV) you have to do something with her. Once you've killed Anakin, the only thing that's left for her to do is sit around and cry(how stupid is that) and then fade into EU limbo. Although the added excitment of getting to watch her turn into a psychotic schiztophrenic was utterly fascinating [face_plain]

Agree completely. It's even more disheartening when you look at the pre-NJO books in which Anakin was built up as well

Yeah, you're right. DR makes me sad :(

*pummels*

Don't you mean *gets pummeled* ;) :p

Tomorrow or I guess later today acutally

:D

21. gnnabgib

gnnabgib Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2004
    Very glad you started this finally YK!!

Can't wait to see how this ends. Your writing is fantastic!

*holds on to edge of seat*

22. Alpha-synth

Jan 22, 2004
    Yoda: Yeah, I agree. but also, the overall way in which major story decisions were made (I.E. "We can't kill Jacen so lets just kill Anakin") was just pathetic.

True, and IMNSHO, the entire NJO could've been handled a feth of a lot better.

23. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    YK: More fic will be up soon enough ;) pace should pick up from here on out for posting.

[taps paw impatiently]

However you want to rationalize it [face_mischief]

Hey - there's a subtext there independant of any 'ship!

Why do you think Luke?

It was more Luke and Tahiri - following on from the joke above...

Yeah, Luke did. But that's only true if the Myrkr mission made any sense at all and the voxyn were really the doom of the Jedi :rolleyes: I honestly wouldn't have had a problem with them killing Anakin at the end of the story when he'd done something significant. It was just bad story telling :(

I, ah, think that was the point...

Partially, it was to allow Jacen to complete his journey as preordained Campbellian Hero of the NJO (well, duh); but partially, I think, it was supposed to reduce the GFFA to meaninglessness, though whether they realised the implications of this I don't know...

See here for some further half-baked thoughts on this - it's supposed to be existentialist, I presume, finding some sort of 'virtue' in Jacen's ability to survive and become a 'hero' (even though this is, as portrayed, merely a combination of random chance, sociopathic ruthlessness, and Vergere's manipulation)... but personally, I don't find the self-deluded Jacen's grimly efficient victory or his po-faced seriousness and psychosexual disfunction anything like as satisfying as the sense of humour which the Matrix films find in a similar situation...

Because, in the end, it's simply a lifestyle choice on Wankerboy Solo's part...

Whitey: And at one point involved a certain Scottish Jedi in a kilt. :p

What, apart from Grand Admiral McEwok's recent appearance? :eek:

- The Imperial Ewok

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Amos: I agree. What makes it even more pathetic is Tahiri. Think about it: once she's in the story(EoV) you have to do something with her. Once you've killed Anakin, the only thing that's left for her to do is sit around and cry(how stupid is that) and then fade into EU limbo. Although the added excitment of getting to watch her turn into a psychotic schiztophrenic was utterly fascinating

:_|

Don't you mean *gets pummeled*

[face_laugh]

No. [face_plain]

Gnnabgib:Very glad you started this finally YK!!
    Can't wait to see how this ends. Your writing is fantastic!
    *holds on to edge of seat*

Good to see you, Gnnabgib :) Thanks for reading. I hope you'll enjoy the ending.

Alpha:True, and IMNSHO, the entire NJO could've been handled a feth of a lot better.

Yeah, atleast the second half :(

Thrawn:[taps paw impatiently]

Just a few more hours ;)

Hey - there's a subtext there independant of any 'ship!

I believe you [face_mischief]

I, ah, think that was the point...
    Partially, it was to allow Jacen to complete his journey as preordained Campbellian Hero of the NJO (well, duh); but partially, I think, it was supposed to reduce the GFFA to meaninglessness, though whether they realised the implications of this I don't know...
    See here for some further half-baked thoughts on this - it's supposed to be existentialist, I presume, finding some sort of 'virtue' in Jacen's ability to survive and become a 'hero' (even though this is, as portrayed, merely a combination of random chance, sociopathic ruthlessness, and Vergere's manipulation)... but personally, I don't find the self-deluded Jacen's grimly efficient victory or his po-faced seriousness and psychosexual disfunction anything like as satisfying as the sense of humour which the Matrix films find in a similar situation...
    Because, in the end, it's simply a lifestyle choice on Wankerboy Solo's part...

Yeah :( I know that was there intention, and I agree that they just didn't realize that killing Anakin knocked the wind out of the entire series.

What, apart from Grand Admiral McEwok's recent appearance?

[face_laugh] I read that, it was great!

25. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    What, apart from Grand Admiral McEwok's recent appearance?

Wow, I didn't even remember that! [face_laugh] :p