main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends THE LIVING FORCE (NJO: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, H/L, L/M, Kyp, more) Completed 1/7/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Luke has become too much of Mara's slave for me to take him seriously these days. :p

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Hey, 1500 posts in this thread! [face_dancing]

Magnuskn: I´d say the first start is more likely to be taken seriously.

Okay, I'll try sucking up :p "Dearest Del Rey..."

TS: resserrections, hmm....i hate to say it, but i dont see it.....he shouldnt have died at all

That's what we'll put in the letter than :p or atleast that they should redo the end of the NJO with him coming back :D

flowerbee: Well, no. But do we have to stubble through all these post-NJO books without him?

I hope not :(

Dear Satan? How 'bout 'Dear Murdering Slugs'?

[face_laugh]

FORCEBlLADE: I don't think you should be that harsh. Just be happy George didn't let them kill Luke. That would have brought unpleasent letters.

Killing Luke wouldn't have bothered me as much and would have made a lot more sense story-wise. It would have strengthened the idea that the young Jedi were coming of age and couldn't rely on Luke any longer. Killing Anakin when there has been so much promise surrounding him since DE, especially the way it was done in SBS, just killed the series for me. It doesn't even have to do with Anakin being one of my favorite characters. I wouldn't have minded him dying say, in the end after accomplishing something worthy of all the foreshadowing.

flowerbee & Magnuskn: Yeah, I like Anakin more than Luke too ;)

Whitey: Luke has become too much of Mara's slave for me to take him seriously these days

Yeah, but who wouldn't? :p

3. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Yeah, but who wouldn't?

I wouldn't. I'd tell that skank to [face_talk_hand]

4. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I wouldn't. I'd tell that skank to

:eek: You did not just say that...

*hugs life-sized statue of Mara*

5. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Edit- Oopsy.

6. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    *'accidently' knocks over Mara statue, shattering it to pieces*

Oops. [face_blush]

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    *'accidently' knocks over Mara statue, shattering it to pieces*

:eek:

*holds broken shards of Mara statue in palms* :_| Oh, Mara Jade! You were too beautiful for this world! :_|

I'll get you for this Whitey, if it's the last thing I do! :mad: I'm going to spend every waking moment planning my revenge... or atleast until I lose interest.

8. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    *shoots Whitey clone, goes on mission to destroy the cloning factorise*

9. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Maybe if you could find it. [face_mischief]

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Yes, if only we knew where that factory is [face_thinking]

11. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Mh. I'll analyze the mud on the dead clone's boots or something.

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Brilliant idea! :eek: =D=

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! You won - and not just once but three times: Villain, Epic and Choice Author. :) Fantastic and well- deserved.

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Three times, my friend! :eek: :D :cool: :) All very well deserved, I must say. Congratulations, YK. You've earned it. :)

JD.

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Tahi: Yay! You won - and not just once but three times: Villain, Epic and Choice Author. Fantastic and well- deserved.

Thanks so much :)

JD: Three times, my friend! All very well deserved, I must say. Congratulations, YK. You've earned it.

Thanks, buddy :D

I was very surprised. You guys ruined my goal of going 0 for 19 in the FF awards :p I was hoping TLF would get nominated in the summer get a nice 0 for 20 or 0 for 25 :p

Seriously though, thanks to everyone who voted :D TLF won for Best Epic, Best Female Villain (Callista), and Best Author (Which was a tie, and I'm happy to say one of the people who also won it was our friend Thrawn McEwok). Tahi Also won for best poem :) Congrats to all the winner and the nominees, as well as some of the stories that didn't get recognized. There's a lot of good fiction on this board ;)

[:D]

16. mastersolo

mastersolo Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    Congrats on winning also from me! It enhanced the suspense and the fun of last night's party, especially after I sorta left to watch TV.

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    i can't tell you how good it was to see you and Thrawn winning at last because you both SO deserve to. :) But as you say a lot of stories don't get the recognition they deserve - don't even get nominated.

Sorry to ruin your goals - but I'm afraid it had to be done. :D :)
    [busy washing Speights out of dress where it got spilled during cheering] ;)

18. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    YodaKenobi wrote:

>>Seriously though, thanks to everyone who voted grin TLF won for Best Epic, Best Female Villain (Callista), and Best Author (Which was a tie, and I'm happy to say one of the people who also won it was our friend Thrawn McEwok).<<

All very, very deserved. Now, get on with the sequel! :)

Magnus

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    mastersolo: Congrats on winning also from me! It enhanced the suspense and the fun of last night's party, especially after I sorta left to watch TV.

Thanks, Sil :) What's with the sock?

Tahi: i can't tell you how good it was to see you and Thrawn winning at last because you both SO deserve to. But as you say a lot of stories don't get the recognition they deserve - don't even get nominated.

Thanks, I was glad to see Thrawn win as well. His writing always blows me away. :)

Sorry to ruin your goals - but I'm afraid it had to be done.
    [busy washing Speights out of dress where it got spilled during cheering]

[face_laugh] Yes, things got messy.

Magnuskn: All very, very deserved. Now, get on with the sequel!

Thanks :p I've been thinking about it more and more. I might try and write a fic on the fly, probably a bridge between TLF and a sequel series. Still will be awhile before anythings concrete. I have to do some research, reread the Hand of Thrawn duology again for sure (if that tells you anything about where this is headed :p ) :D

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sounds cool. I haven't read that duology for ages so haven't got much of a clue as to where you're heading! But I'm sure it will be great. :)

Actually now I recall - I was a bit hacked off with Zahn for that scene early on where Wedge and Corran get their IDs pickpocketed. It always seemed a bit out of character to me for them to let their guards down so badly - because by that stage they're pretty hardened campaigners.

I also got a bit bored with the Luke/Mara stuff. It was a bit awkward. I did like Shada though - she is da bomb. :)

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I forgot the password of my hitwoman sock and found in my email the password and name of my original account.
    I'll probably use mastersolo to hold up links to some of my stories as it's difficult to put a bio and all the links in 1 profile.

22. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Congrats, YK! You deserved every one.

23. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    YodaKenobi wrote:

>>
    Thanks. I've been thinking about it more and more. I might try and write a fic on the fly, probably a bridge between TLF and a sequel series. Still will be awhile before anythings concrete. I have to do some research, reread the Hand of Thrawn duology again for sure (if that tells you anything about where this is headed).<<

If it is "The Return of Thrawn", I´m all for it. :)

Magnus

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Tahi: Sounds cool. I haven't read that duology for ages so haven't got much of a clue as to where you're heading! But I'm sure it will be great.

Yeah, it's been like a year and a half since I've read it so I need a little refresher. I'll probably have to read some other stuff too, but I know I need to read Zahn's stuff again

First though, it's Labyrinth of Evil (which I ordered on the 22nd but it still hasn't shown up! Should be here tomorrow. *shakes fist* Damn you Amazon.com!)

Actually now I recall - I was a bit hacked off with Zahn for that scene early on where Wedge and Corran get their IDs pickpocketed. It always seemed a bit out of character to me for them to let their guards down so badly - because by that stage they're pretty hardened campaigners.

I'm sure he cleared it with Stockpole before hand :p

I also got a bit bored with the Luke/Mara stuff. It was a bit awkward. I did like Shada though - she is da bomb.

Yes :) I really liked the books and they went a long way to setting the EU back on track and explaining some of the ridiculousness we saw since the Thrawn Trilogy.

Sil: I forgot the password of my hitwoman sock and found in my email the password and name of my original account.
    I'll probably use mastersolo to hold up links to some of my stories as it's difficult to put a bio and all the links in 1 profile.

Ahh ;)

flowerbee: Congrats, YK! You deserved every one

Magnuskn: If it is "The Return of Thrawn", I´m all for it.

I like Thrawn but I don't think I could pull that off without it seeming hacky [face_laugh] So no. Though I do remember Mara and Luke talking abot how there could be more Thrawn clones [face_thinking]

:p

25. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    I'm sure they'll do something on it when they run out of all other ideas. :rolleyes: