Beyond THE LIVING FORCE (NJO: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, H/L, L/M, Kyp, more) Completed 1/7/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    don't know if I can ever trust another human being again

:eek: Really? :p

Okay, I'm going to try and work up a little fan-fic trailer preview thingy for the follow-up series. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow Should give you guys a little hint of what's to come

Only one word to describe that: Sweet.
  2. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    JoD: :D

Okay, here is a little preview I got the idea for from the Fan Fic trailers thread. It's supposed to be written like a trailer for a movie :-B I hope you guys don't hate me after you read it, and try and remember that a lot of you were asking for a follow-up :p This is a preview for a series of 4 fics that will follow "The Living Force" and "Empire of the Hand." It should surprise everyone but Thrawn who got all the details back in January :p

[image=http://www.theforce.net/theater/postproduction/Crawl/lucas.jpg]

*Battle of Heroes begins to play, just the quickened strings and light brass*

[Opens with a scene from Destiny's Way when Luke Skywalker and Vergere are talking on page 248]

Vergere: You do realize the Jedi will have to pay for this political involvement.

Luke: I know.

Vergere: Just so you are prepared.

[cut to scene of Cal Omas and Luke speaking in his office on Denon 4 years later]

Omas: The Alliance is nearly bankrupt, Luke. I don't see a way to continue if we cannot get the Hapans to help. Our fleets are decimated, our military weakened. The Jedi are spread too thin as it is. Every regional warlord sees us reeling after the Yuuzhan Vong War and is taking their best shot.

[cuts to random war scenes around the galaxy as the conversation continues. Space battles, starfighters exploding, Anakin Solo in dark robes piloting a Jedi Starfighter with R2-D2 in the droid socket]

Luke: Surely there's something we can do.

Omas: The Queen has made an offer

[cut to a scene with Ta'a Chume and Omas in his office]

Ta'a Chume: Then it's settled. Young Solo will marry my granddaughter and the Consortium will join your Federation of Free Alliances. Everyone wins.

[cut to scene of a ragged Callista Ming being pulled from a strange space craft on a Denon space port, surrounded by Alliance soldiers]

[cut to scene of Callista being interrogated]

Callista: It was an army like no other I've ever seen... this alien, Faybol, showed me that we are all doomed.

[cut to Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker talking in their apartment on Denon about Callista]

Luke: She's seen things, Mara. A war is coming.

Mara: She's lying. I don't trust her... and neither should you.

[cut to scene of Jaina Solo speaking with Wrev Caster]

Jaina: It's all frighteningly similar to what we heard from the Chiss.

[cut to seen of Anakin Solo standing before the Jedi Council]

Kyp Durron: Anakin, take your apprentice and find this Faybol.

[cut to scene of Fyor Rodan speaking before the senate with datacards held above him]

Rodan: I hold in my hand indesputible proof the election for Chief of State four years ago was rigged through a system of under the table deals and blackmail! This deception was the work of the smuggler Talon Karrde, and gambler Lando Calrissian... as well as Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

[cut to Cal Omas holding his head in shame]

[cut to Gotal Senator]

Senator: The Jedi have betrayed us! Skywalker lusts for power as his father did!

[cut to Mara speaking with Han and Leia]

Mara: It seems Rodan has found new allies to help us with the war

[cut to a quick scene of an army of blue armored troops marching out of an alien starship while dialogue continues]

Leia: Who are they

Mara: They're called Wraithians

[cut to Rodan and two Alliance troops walking into the Council chamber]

Rodan: Cal Omas is not the Chief of State, and Luke Skywalker is no longer a member of this council. He has been placed under arrest.

[cut to Kyp and Cilghal exchanging troubled looks]

[cut to the Jade Shadow being chased by two X-Wings trying to make it's way out of Denon's atmosphere]

[cut to Jacen Solo walking with Vergere's spirit on Denon]

Jacen: You've always been my guide... tell me what I should do.

*Battle of Heroes plays in full, voices cha/>
  3. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

*ahem*

[face_dancing]

EDIT: lots more smileys. :p

- The Imperial Ewok
  4. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well I didn't ask for one, but I'm not complaining. ;) Looks very interesting.
  5. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    McEwok: :D

RM: Well I didn't ask for one, but I'm not complaining. Looks very interesting.

No, but your replies were very encouraging, so you're still culpable :p
  6. jagsredlady Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool trailer! :cool:

I need to read faster and catch up! :p

Can't wait for this. :D
  7. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    You're going to kill Tahiri! :_| *rips hair out of head*

And you're having Jacen marry that... that thing! :_| *rips more hair out of head and jumps out of a window*
  8. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool. I plan on posting my trailer for Apocolypse part 1 soon. Basically, it takes place in the post NJO era, but has several Ep-3 chracters in it.
  9. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    So what do you guys think? Like it? Hate it? Wishing you hadn't asked me to write a follow-up series? tongue

That trailer is actually getting me to post something....

Please get this story posted soon.[face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]
  10. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4

[cut to scene of Anakin cradling Tahiri's lifeless body in his arms and weeping]

What exactly do you mean by: lifeless?

[cut to scene of Jaina kissing a random dark-haired man]

Random...hah!

[cut to a scene of a black robed being with a mask of metal and a painted design of burgundy and some white by the cheeks. Kneeling before him is a Jedi who was once called "Solo"]

Anakin? Jacen? Jaina? Who?

Mysterious being: That name no longer has any meaning to you. You will be known as Darth Hâvok.

....Holy crap.

Jaina: My brother's betrayed us. :eek: :_|

[cut to scene of Anakin standing over a defenseless man collapsed on his knees, twirling his lightsaber as he stalks towards him. Anakin draws back his blue blade, his eyes reddened with rage and teeth clenched, before swinging with fury. The scene cuts away before we see the blade cleave off his head]

*Sees flashbacks of RotS* THis can't be good.

Wow. All I can say now is that I'm deeply intrigued. That was a very well put together trailer. I cant wait. *starts reading Empire of the Hand faster so is not lost in new fics.* A series of 4 fics. Most impressive. ;) I can't wait.

11. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    redlady: Cool trailer!

I need to read faster and catch up!
    Can't wait for this.

Don't worry about it :p But I appreciate your enthusiasm ;)

Whitey: You're going to kill Tahiri! *rips hair out of head*

Well, to be fair, I'm not going to kill her...

And you're having Jacen marry that... that thing! *rips more hair out of head and jumps out of a window*

Wow :eek:

This is actually my favorite reply to this so far :p

evil-twin: Cool. I plan on posting my trailer for Apocolypse part 1 soon. Basically, it takes place in the post NJO era, but has several Ep-3 chracters in it.

Sounds neat :) I'll be sure to look for it when it's posted.

Kidan: That trailer is actually getting me to post something....

Cool :D

Please get this story posted soon.

It will be a few months... I have to write it :p :oops:

JoD: What exactly do you mean by: lifeless?

Dead? [face_mischief]

Random...hah!

Yes, that was a joke :p

Anakin? Jacen? Jaina? Who?

Intentionally ambiguous ;)

....Holy crap.

:D

*Sees flashbacks of RotS* THis can't be good.

Well, I hope it's good :p

Wow. All I can say now is that I'm deeply intrigued. That was a very well put together trailer.

Thanks, I did it yesterday afternoon :p

I cant wait. *starts reading Empire of the Hand faster so is not lost in new fics.* A series of 4 fics. Most impressive. I can't wait.

Try not to strain yourself reading too fast ;) You've got some time :p

And thanks again :D
  12. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Dead?

:_|

Yes, that was a joke

I figured, but who is it?

Intentionally ambiguous

Aw. Why do you have to be so mysterious all the time? [face_unfair]

Well, I hope it's good

It will be. I'm sure. I just had a Force- vision. It told be it would be good. :p

Thanks, I did it yesterday afternoon

:cool:

Try not to strain yourself reading too fast You've got some time

The faster I catch up the sooner I can post in Empire of the Hand. How far are you in that fic, anyways?

13. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
    That was an intance trailer. Well made. Looking forward to this.
  14. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! That looks incredible, can't wait until it comes around. Good luck.
  15. SephirothsKiller Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just in response to the thing you posted a while ago YodaKenobi, in regards to reading fantasy, Salvatore is generally a really good author, with his best books (In my opinion) being the legacy of the drow and the paths of darkness series. Though you will find some kick er, bum, action in the lone drow. The core set of Dragonlance books are really good, right up until dragons of summer flame. After that it seems that weis and hickman suddenly decided they want to show everyone (even though they have killed characters in the past, and or made them evil) that they are not afraid to morally destroy, physically maim, (both done to palin) or kill their characters. If you didn't like Anakin dying, well the big character killing starts in the dragons of a summer flame and in the war of souls its pretty much a bloodbath of every major character in the book to the point where you really can't see how the series can go on. (For Dragonlance fans: I'm pretty sure we can all expect to see the kender reborn yet AGAIN and by now I'm positive that raistlin is friggen immortal.)
  16. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ta'a Chume: Then it's settled. Young Solo will marry my granddaughter and the Consortium will join your Federation of Free Alliances. Everyone wins.

YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Though I don't like Tahiri dead.
  17. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I must have gone by this six times before it clicked in my brain that there was something new to see. [face_blush] But moving on...

I'll follow the Ewok's example on this one...

:eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_|

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

*Mourns for Tahiri*

JD.
  18. SephirothsKiller Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Slaps head, realizes he forgot to review story.

Great story though, (Except I hate danni). It was really well done. One of the few stories where I didn't end up hating Anakin. (I'm sorry, but I agreed with his death. You become a big hero, your gonna have to fall. Unless your Luke, then you just go all crazy up in shimmra's face!)
  19. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, to be fair, I'm not going to kill her...

VERY small consolation, YK. :p

Wow

This is actually my favorite reply to this so far

I have a flair for the dramatic. :D

But seriously...

*hand hovers over button that distinctly looks like it says "Order 67"*

I will give you until Autumn to reverse your decision. [face_devil]
  20. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very tense. I just got my trailer posted on the Fanfic Trailers thread. I hope you guys like it.
  21. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Wow, lot of responses to this :p

JoD: ":_|"

*hands her tissues*

I figured, but who is it?

Wedge? :p

Aw. Why do you have to be so mysterious all the time? [face_unfair]

It adds to my mystique. It's like I'm Batman or something :cool:

It will be. I'm sure. I just had a Force- vision. It told be it would be good.

I don't trust your vision, it's probably a self-fulfilling prophecy like Anakin's. You're going to kill me and write my fic for me! :eek:

The faster I catch up the sooner I can post in Empire of the Hand. How far are you in that fic, anyways?

I'm posting Chapter 19 today. Hopefully about 3/4's done.

FB: That was an intance trailer. Well made. Looking forward to this.

Briman: Wow! That looks incredible, can't wait until it comes around. Good luck.

Thanks, glad you liked it :D

SephirothsKiller: Just in response to the thing you posted a while ago YodaKenobi, in regards to reading fantasy, Salvatore is generally a really good author, with his best books (In my opinion) being the legacy of the drow and the paths of darkness series. Though you will find some kick er, bum, action in the lone drow. The core set of Dragonlance books are really good, right up until dragons of summer flame. After that it seems that weis and hickman suddenly decided they want to show everyone (even though they have killed characters in the past, and or made them evil) that they are not afraid to morally destroy, physically maim, (both done to palin) or kill their characters. If you didn't like Anakin dying, well the big character killing starts in the dragons of a summer flame and in the war of souls its pretty much a bloodbath of every major character in the book to the point where you really can't see how the series can go on. (For Dragonlance fans: I'm pretty sure we can all expect to see the kender reborn yet AGAIN and by now I'm positive that raistlin is friggen immortal.)

I don't have a problem with major characters dying, I just didn't like Anakin's death. Thanks for the info though, I hope I get to read some fantasy books someday but I'm already steeped in other reading :p

Sil: YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I knew you'd like the TK part, but you may not like it when it actually happens [face_mischief]

Though I don't like Tahiri dead.

Me either :(

JD: You know, I must have gone by this six times before it clicked in my brain that there was something new to see. But moving on...

Yeah, I imagine it was confusing to have an update to a story that was completed 6 months ago :p

I'll follow the Ewok's example on this one...
    *Mourns for Tahiri*

Aww :( Thanks, JD :)

Killer: *Slaps head, realizes he forgot to review story.

:p It's okay.

Great story though, (Except I hate danni).

Thanks. A lot of people feel that way about Danni, I like her though.

It was really well done. One of the few stories where I didn't end up hating Anakin.

You hate Anakin? :eek:

(I'm sorry, but I agreed with his death. You become a big hero, your gonna have to fall. Unless your Luke, then you just go all crazy up in shimmra's face!)

I just met you and you're already dead to me [face_not_talking]

:p Thanks for reading, Sephiroth :)

Whitey: VERY small consolation, YK.

The best I could give :p

Wow

I have a flair for the dramatic.

Yes I've noticed :p

But seriously...
    *hand hovers over button that distinctly looks like it says "Order 67"*

Uh-oh [face_worried]

I will give you until Autumn to reverse your decision.

[face_praying]

evil-twin: Very tense. I just got my trailer posted on the Fanfic Trailers thread. I hope you guys like it.

Cool :)
  22. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  23. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    I knew you'd like the TK part, but you may not like it when it actually happens

Jacen's going to have a torrid affair with Danni since he's not in love with Tenel Ka! :eek: :D

The best I could give

*puts Voodoo curse on YK Michael Jackson style*

Yes I've noticed

I could be an e-actor! :D

Uh-oh

*finger hovers over button*
  24. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4

*hands her tissues*

Tahnk you. :_|

Wedge?

Ewok is having a bad influence on you. Ya know, the odd pairings thing and all. If you can make it believable, I'll read it. :p

It adds to my mystique. It's like I'm Batman or something

I new there was something familiar about you! Batman, I knew it all along!

I don't trust your vision, it's probably a self-fulfilling prophecy like Anakin's. You're going to kill me and write my fic for me!

You had the same dream? :eek: Creepy... but if it came true than it wouldn't be as good. :)

I'm posting Chapter 19 today. Hopefully about 3/4's done.

I better get to it, then!

25. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I knew you'd like the TK part, but you may not like it when it actually happens
    [sarcasm]Sure....
    Like this proud CRPA reviewer won't be waiting to write a lengthy review for the index about that[/sarcasm]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.