Beyond THE LIVING FORCE (NJO: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, H/L, L/M, Kyp, more) Completed 1/7/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Great trailer =D= .... though I will withhold my thoughts on the "possibility" of Tahiri dying until I actually see it! There was a reason I was a member of FADA you know. I could organize a cruise down Da'Nile for all those who join me in the belief that Tahiri LIVES! [face_not_talking]

Would you really be so cruel as to kill off Tahiri so shortly after reuniting A&T? :p
    Without even giving me any good A/T mush first? :*
  2. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    I could organize a cruise down Da'Nile for all those who join me in the belief that Tahiri LIVES!

I'd volunteer for that!
  3. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Whitey: Jacen's going to have a torrid affair with Danni since he's not in love with Tenel Ka!

That's a thought [face_mischief] :p

*puts Voodoo curse on YK Michael Jackson style*

I don't think it's a good idea for you to be doing anything "Michael Jackson style." o_O

I could be an e-actor!

Or a Vegas entertainer like Siegfried and Roy [face_mischief]

*finger hovers over button*

*Gulp* [face_worried]

JoD: Ewok is having a bad influence on you.

That's so true...

Ya know, the odd pairings thing and all. If you can make it believable, I'll read it.

I'm only kidding ;) I will be 'shipping Anakin/Mara though :p

I new there was something familiar about you! Batman, I knew it all along!

Would you like to ride with Batman?

You had the same dream? Creepy...

Yes, was Natalie Portman in yours too? :eek:

but if it came true than it wouldn't be as good.

It would probably be better *is still waiting for JoD's full-length fic [face_tired]*

I better get to it, then!

:p

Sil: [sarcasm]Sure....
    Like this proud CRPA reviewer won't be waiting to write a lengthy review for the index about that[/sarcasm]

CRPA?

TSF: Great trailer

.... though I will withhold my thoughts on the "possibility" of Tahiri dying until I actually see it! There was a reason I was a member of FADA you know. I could organize a cruise down Da'Nile for all those who join me in the belief that Tahiri LIVES!

This isn't "Legacy" :p I admit that some parts of the trailer were deliberately meant to "tease" people though... but that scene will definitely be in there ;) [face_mischief]

Would you really be so cruel as to kill off Tahiri so shortly after reuniting A&T?
    Without even giving me any good A/T mush first?

There was a little mush at the end :p You know, you could always write an A/T mush viggie or something for me and we'll have it inbetween TLF and the next fic ;)

Whitey: I'd volunteer for that!

:oops:
  5. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    CRPA?

Crystal Reef Palace Auditorium. It's on the Resource board.

I could organize a cruise down Da'Nile for all those who join me in the belief that Tahiri LIVES!

Count me in, if you will!
  6. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    That's a thought

:D

I don't think it's a good idea for you to be doing anything "Michael Jackson style."

Not THAT kind of "Michael Jackson style." :p MJ actually DID put a Voodoo curse on Steven Spielberg because he wouldn't cast him as Peter Pan! [face_laugh]

Or a Vegas entertainer like Siegfried and Roy

*presses button*
  7. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    That's so true...

I'm only kidding I will be 'shipping Anakin/Mara though

:eek: Oh no....

Would you like to ride with Batman? :p [face_mischief]

Yes, was Natalie Portman in yours too?

yeah! She was telling me to set her up with this guy named Wes. Weird, huh?

It would probably be better *is still waiting for JoD's full-length fic

//sarcasm//Yeah, right.//sarcasm// It will come....eventually. Have writers block right now. Listening to the ROTS hopefully will banish that. :p

8. lurker2209 Jedi Knight

star 2
    cut to scene of Jaina kissing a random dark-haired man

Just a little ambiguous, maybe! ;)

The rest of this is just a bit shocking to comment on. Anakin goes bad and Tahiri dies...hm...and Jacen and TK finally get together...and the OT heros on the run...lots of mysteries[face_thinking]

Well, looks like I have until sometime this fall to read this story, cause knowing the begining might help...just a little! ;)

~Lurker
  9. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Sil: Crystal Reef Palace Auditorium. It's on the Resource board.

Count me in, if you will!

:oops: What have I done?

Whitey: Not THAT kind of "Michael Jackson style." MJ actually DID put a Voodoo curse on Steven Spielberg because he wouldn't cast him as Peter Pan!

[face_laugh] Ahh, the things you learn on the internet :p

*presses button*

at least when I die, I'll die knowing I totally pwned you :p

JoD: Would you like to ride with Batman? :p [face_mischief]

That's from a Snickers commerical like 9 years ago that had a football player getting hit in the head and thought he was Batman... My friends an I thought it was hilarious in our 8th grade Algebra class :p

yeah! She was telling me to set her up with this guy named Wes. Weird, huh?

:eek: Wow, this is just spooky now!

//sarcasm//Yeah, right.//sarcasm// It will come....eventually. Have writers block right now. Listening to the ROTS hopefully will banish that.

And now it's been posted [face_mischief] Good call on the soundtrack though :D

lurker: Just a little ambiguous, maybe!

Completely intentional ;)

The rest of this is just a bit shocking to comment on. Anakin goes bad and Tahiri dies...hm...and Jacen and TK finally get together...and the OT heros on the run...lots of mysteries

Well... yes :p

Well, looks like I have until sometime this fall to read this story, cause knowing the begining might help...just a little!

It's a lot to read, good luck :p I'm hoping to write the series so that new readers won't have to go back and read all of this but we'll see how it goes :)

Thanks, lurker :D
  10. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who nominated this and other stories in the Fan Fic Awards :) I'm completely overwhelmed by you guys ;) I got 16 official nominations :eek: which seems almost like an embarrassing amount. And there were a few I didn't quite qualify in. Anyway, thanks to anyone who nominated any of these stories for anything. I appreciate it and I'm not sure how to repay you all :p

And congrats to all the other nominees :)

However, I now have a bunch of excerpts to prepare in just a week, so any suggestions you could give me for the following categories would be extremely helpful:

Best Alternate Universe: The Living Force

Best Canon: I, Jaina Solo

Best Action: Empire of the Hand

Best Drama: The Living Force

Best Romance: The Living Force

Best Songfic: The Beatles Sing Star Wars

Best Humor: I, Jaina Solo

Best Ensemble: The Living Force

Best All-Around: The Living Force

Best Poem: "Back in the GFFA" from the Beatles Sing Star Wars

Best Short Story: I, Jaina Solo

Best Epic: Empire of the Hand

Best Series: Revolution, The Eighth Cortex, and The Living Force

Best Canon Character Interpretation? Female: Jaina Solo in I, Jaina Solo

Best Canon Character Interpretation? Female: Jaina Solo in Empire of the Hand

Best Original Character? Male: Wrev Caster in Empire of the Hand

Anyway, if there's a scene you remember and liked that would fit into those categories, let me know.

You guys are the best [:D]
  11. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmmn. Big task, you set. Think on this, I must. :confused: [face_idea]
  12. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Edit: :oops: I had two windows open and ended up replying her to for I, Jaina Solo :oops:

anyway...

JoD: hmmmn. Big task, you set. Think on this, I must.

*Claps hands* Yes, get to work :p
  13. Jedi_Iain_Kysler Jedi Padawan

WOW!!!!!

Just finished reading the entire thing. All I can say is...

OUTSTANDING!!!!

This fanfic piece goes above and beyond. I'm an incredibly big fan of Anakin Solo, and felt horrible when they decided to do away with the character. It's great to see the way things should have turned out.

With regards to character detail, you did an incredible job...but why did you have to kill Corran? He was one of my favorite EU characters...though, I did like seeing Valin. He's going to be a Jedi to watch in the upcoming books. I hope they take advantage of that.

Tahiri was very well done, as was Jaina. Jacen and his constant search for better solutions was incredibly believeable...as was Leia's fall to the dark side. I always thought she was too goody-goody in the rest of the books. You really don't see that much of her dark side, and I thought you captured that exceptionally well here.

Kyp was also excellently written, as he seems to be a very conflicted character most of the time. What can I say but, you did it again.

Glad Mara survived. You had me on the last millimeter of my seat there for a few chapters. If there's one thing that's hard to write, it's suspense, and you did a bang-up job with that several times over.

I'd go on, but I don't think I'd stop. Just know that this story has a permanent fan from now on. Again, well done, and if you find the time, I'd love to read more of your fiction.
  14. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! It's hard to pick any ione exceprt! there all so good!
  15. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    *checks excert thread*

You sure managed to do a good job picking out excerpts. Sorry I couln't have been more of a help. :(
  16. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Jedi_Iain_Kysler: WOW!!!!!
    Just finished reading the entire thing. All I can say is...
    OUTSTANDING!!!!

This fanfic piece goes above and beyond. I'm an incredibly big fan of Anakin Solo, and felt horrible when they decided to do away with the character. It's great to see the way things should have turned out.

Thanks, that was sort of the genisis of the whole thing :D I wanted to undo what happened to Anakin.

With regards to character detail, you did an incredible job...but why did you have to kill Corran? He was one of my favorite EU characters...though, I did like seeing Valin. He's going to be a Jedi to watch in the upcoming books. I hope they take advantage of that.

Well, there were several reason why I felt Corran had to go. The biggest was that the Jedi had ended up in Shimrra's temple and I didn't want that to go without a price. If they didn't lose someone it makes it less scary in the end. It also opened up a storyling for Valin and Jysella as well as giving the fic an emotional part that I thought it needed.

Tahiri was very well done, as was Jaina. Jacen and his constant search for better solutions was incredibly believeable...as was Leia's fall to the dark side. I always thought she was too goody-goody in the rest of the books. You really don't see that much of her dark side, and I thought you captured that exceptionally well here.

Thanks, I wasn't always sure about that, but I'm glad it came off as believable as did the other characterizations :)

Kyp was also excellently written, as he seems to be a very conflicted character most of the time. What can I say but, you did it again.

One of my favorites, and someone I wanted to have a big role :D

Glad Mara survived. You had me on the last millimeter of my seat there for a few chapters. If there's one thing that's hard to write, it's suspense, and you did a bang-up job with that several times over.

Thanks :D Another thing I think Corran's death help is the suspense issues for the end, including Mara's survival :)

I'd go on, but I don't think I'd stop. Just know that this story has a permanent fan from now on. Again, well done, and if you find the time, I'd love to read more of your fiction.

Thanks so much for the review and for reading :) Sorry it took me so long to reply :D

JoD: Wow! It's hard to pick any ione exceprt! there all so good!

*checks excert thread*
    You sure managed to do a good job picking out excerpts. Sorry I couln't have been more of a help.

I just mostly used the same ones from last time, don't worry about it :) Thanks so much for thinking about it [:D]
  17. flowerbee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *reads trailer*

:eek:

:eek:

You're gunna need that bodyguard of yours, boy.

[face_plain] :p
  18. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] You better watch your back, Wes! [face_worried]
  19. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    flowerbee: *reads trailer*
    You're gunna need that bodyguard of yours, boy.

Her owner hasn't even logged on in months [face_worried] I think I'm in trouble :p

JoD: You better watch your back, Wes!

I guess [face_worried] I think I need a new guardian though :p

Hey, i actually started the new fic the other night! :D Wrote the prologue and am working on the first chapter :) Hoping to have it completed by October but that is probably too ambitious since I'm writing two other fics at the same time :p
  20. Briman Jedi Master

star 4
    I for one cannot wait until it comes, you still have me excited by the trailer.
  21. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
    Hoping to have it completed by October but that is probably too ambitious since I'm writing two other fics at the same time /i]

Don't over strain yourself, stretch thsoe fics out a bit.
  22. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, i actually started the new fic the other night! Wrote the prologue and am working on the first chapter Hoping to have it completed by October but that is probably too ambitious since I'm writing two other fics at the same time

Yay! New fic! When will you start posting it? And is this the first of another trilogy or is it a stand alone? I'm sure you told us already but I'm too lazy to check. ;)
  23. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually had some spare time tonight!

Chapter 31

Han could see from the glare in Welk's eyes that his patience was wearing thin at the endless chatter that seemed to flow out of the protocol droid's voice modulator like slime off of a Hutt.
    LOL Poetic justice I say. Actually I guess Threepio makes an excellent psychological weapon.

Interesting scene with Nen Yim, Tahiri and Danni talking about the beetle. Keeping us guessing. ;)

Chapter 32

It wasn't a vision, or anything to do with the Force, at least no more than anything had to do with it-- Mara just knew. It was a defining moment in her life and despite her misgivings at what she knew Luke would be upset over, everything felt perfect. It was exactly what she was supposed to be doing. It was the only way to really protect her son. Mara had to end the threat once and for all. She had to kill the Supreme Overlord.

Ben... That's what Luke didn't understand. Luke was picturing Ben's life without his mother, while she was worried about a galaxy without any of them.

Interesting dilemma for Mara, but gut instinct is as strong as the Force sometimes. And it's all that people like Wedge have survived on after all. The last statement cuts to the heart of it, too. Good old Mara.

I like the way you emphasise the bond between Jaina and Anakin. J

He felt as though he was everywhere-- sharpening the eyesight of gunners, the reflexes of pilots, and the overall coordination of the fleet. . . .
    Luke was a conduit for the Force, letting the energy pass through him and transmitting it to others, driving them to succeed.

It's so good to see Luke playing such a pivotal role.

Dramatic ending! Wow! What will happen to Anakin and Jaina!

Chapter 33

Suddenly Tahiri felt that she did understand the older Jedi Knight. Jacen couldn't leave now, for the same reason Tahiri couldn't have left with Anakin on the gunship. If she had, then she would be in whatever danger he was in now, and there would be no one to save them. This was why she felt as though she had to keep her distance from Anakin... why she didn't go with him during his search for Leia... Somehow, she'd just known... and now, Jacen knew.

That was a very cool section. I also like the parallels between Luke's situation in ESB and Jacen's and Tahiri's here.

Really enjoyed the scene with Jaina and Anakin in the wrecked ship.

It was not her ship, but the Sekotan starship responded to Tahiri Veila as if it was. The seed-partners that were shaped to make the craft had bonded with Anakin-- Tahiri smiled slightly when she realized her own bond with him must have enabled the craft to recognize her. It was good to know it existed, and was not the remnants of a past life.
    Awww - that was a nice bit. I like the idea of the ship recognising the bond.

Tahiri thought both men seemed to feel responsible for here after past events. Talon Karrde had been tasked with getting the Jedi children off of Yavin 4 before the planet was taken by the Yuuzhan Vong and Lando had handed her and the rest of the Myrkr team over to the enemy as a ruse. They both still felt the need to protect her.
    Yeah - good point here. I've often wondered how Lando especially coped with his role in the Myrkr mission.

I?m coming, Anakin, she thought as her blue sublight drives fired off against the black back drop and bright stars.
    Cool reversal of roles here. That's an echo of what Anakin said in Conquest as he set out to save her.

Chapter 34

I like the comparison Anakin makes with the waste lands of Tatooine and Couruscant. It made me think of T. S. Eliot. LOL

So she also knew that they could be saved, redeemed from a life of death. Tahiri was living proof of that... And so were Anakin and the Shamed Ones.
    I also liked this because it contrasts Tahiri's hope with Anakin's loss of hope in the earlier passage. And there's Valin also losing hope. The hope/despair theme is very relevant to Star Wars - and very Augustine-is
  24. Jarrak_Hallon Jedi Knight

star 1
  25. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Briman: I for one cannot wait until it comes, you still have me excited by the trailer.

Yeah, the trailer might be better than the fic :p

FORCEBlLADE: Don't over strain yourself, stretch thsoe fics out a bit.

I haven't been straining myself lately [face_blush]

JoD: Yay! New fic! When will you start posting it?

Hopefully in October... though that's looking iffy.

And is this the first of another trilogy or is it a stand alone? I'm sure you told us already but I'm too lazy to check.

It's going to be a series of 4 fics that follow this storyline :)

Tahi: Actually had some spare time tonight!

w00t!

LOL Poetic justice I say. Actually I guess Threepio makes an excellent psychological weapon.

It is Han's POV after all [face_mischief]

Interesting scene with Nen Yim, Tahiri and Danni talking about the beetle. Keeping us guessing.

It will be clear soon.

Interesting dilemma for Mara, but gut instinct is as strong as the Force sometimes. And it's all that people like Wedge have survived on after all. The last statement cuts to the heart of it, too. Good old Mara.

Yeah, I think Mara is a person who trusts her instincts.

I like the way you emphasise the bond between Jaina and Anakin. J

Thanks, I felt like the relationship between siblings sometimes got overlooked in the NJO (somehow) and wanted to build on it here.

It's so good to see Luke playing such a pivotal role.

It will be more "hands on" soon [face_whistling]

Dramatic ending! Wow! What will happen to Anakin and Jaina!

The same thing that happened to Han's taun taun?

That was a very cool section. I also like the parallels between Luke's situation in ESB and Jacen's and Tahiri's here.

Yup, glad that was coming through :D

Really enjoyed the scene with Jaina and Anakin in the wrecked ship.

Yay :D

Awww - that was a nice bit. I like the idea of the ship recognising the bond.

Yeah, me too. Wanted to show their connection in a physical way.

Yeah - good point here. I've often wondered how Lando especially coped with his role in the Myrkr mission.

Me too...

Cool reversal of roles here. That's an echo of what Anakin said in Conquest as he set out to save her.

Hadn't even thought of that, but that's true!

I like the comparison Anakin makes with the waste lands of Tatooine and Couruscant. It made me think of T. S. Eliot. LOL

Hehehe.

I also liked this because it contrasts Tahiri's hope with Anakin's loss of hope in the earlier passage. And there's Valin also losing hope. The hope/despair theme is very relevant to Star Wars - and very Augustine-ish. LOL

Yeah, I think hope/despair is easily the most common theme in this story.

Oooh! I loved that bit. I always felt cheated that the NJO didn't DO anything with that statement.

Me too [face_frustrated]

Ah, Anakin. You've fallen back into your old habit of thinking you have to do it all by yourself.

Uh-huh. Hopefully he'll figure out what Inkrit is telling him before the end ;)

That was an extremely cool chapter.

Yeah, it was freezing 8-} *listens to everyone groan at the bad pun*

Another tense ending with Alpha Red released. Poor old Han having to see Leia in such a state. But it's interesting seeing Leia having to try and sort herself out.

Yeah, I liked the tension in that bit. Hopefully it was surprising that Han wasn't able to talk her out of it.

Good of Anakin to heal Ruu, but I see he hasn't listened to Ikrit. If he'd asked Tahiri to work with him, maybe he wouldn't be feeling so tired. But hang on, he's a boy - so of course he's not going to ask for help. LOL

Or directions!

Another great addition.

Thank you, and thanks again for reading and review :)

Jarrak: Thanks

Nothing much to announce, moving along at a snail's pace but it should
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.