main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Living Room

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Dark_Lord_Erik, Jun 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    yum! :D

thanks, i'm glad to see you're feeling better. so what's up? i'm at work and incredibly bored.

2. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Not much. I'm at my dad's house. There are sounds of a sheep in distress coming from his studio. I wonder what he's working on... [face_plain]

3. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    [face_shocked]

i don't think i want to know...

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Hullo!

My girlfriend and I have called it quits. Sad, isn't it. She came over from London earlier this month, but we just couldn't get it working. If you know what I mean. It's a strange situation. I'm sort of relieved, in a way, I think. I didn't even bring her to the airport. I just couldn't be bothered.

Do long-distance relationships ever work anyway? My brother had a few that all stranded.

But I'm relieved a bit. Don't know why. Perhaps because the burden of having to make it work is gone.

And 2: I'm sitting at home, wondering if I should sign up for another five years of college. If I do, I get to be a medical psychologer, which means I can treat people medically.

EDIT: I don't want to appear cold or indifferent, by the way. But it was such an ordeal, if that's the right word. So heavy and depressing. Anyone know what I mean? It's like it's winter all the time if it doesn't work.

5. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    So...I like sheep.

...do you?

Edit: Hello Debo!

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Hi, Speewwy!

I like sheep, and my parents have six or seven of them.

7. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    i'm sorry to hear that Debo, but yeah i think it's very hard to make a long distance relationship work, i've never seen it work at least. another 5 years of college? that's quite a commitment, but it sounds like you would have some good and rewarding career opportunities. if money isn't an issue i'd say go for it. i know i wish i could be a career student.

and Speewwy. i like sheep okay, but it seems like too often the existence of a domestic sheep is a torturous one. at the local rodeo (which is basically just a festival of animal torture) here they have this event where little kids ride these poor sheep around. it's actually pretty funny to watch but still sick somehow.

8. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Yeah, if you can spare the money, I'd say go for it. :)

Where are you that you have a rodeo near you?! I actually like goats better than sheep. They're just so cute!

9. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    i'm sorry to hear that Debo, but yeah i think it's very hard to make a long distance relationship work, i've never seen it work at least.

We did e-mail and ICQ quite a lot, but that's not it, isn't it? It's funny, in a way, when you look at all the past messages: they get shorter all the time. It just didn't work. But never mind. It's not much use to talk about it, is it?

On to the sheep!

10. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    you didn't read Debo's "show us where you live" thread did you. bad Speewwy! ;) :p

ellensburg, wa. we have a rodeo every labor day weeked

[image=http://www.ellensburg-chamber.com/images/rodeo1.jpg]

and i agree, goats are very cute!

11. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    i like sheep okay, but it seems like too often the existence of a domestic sheep is a torturous one.

I know what you mean. Glad to see you think the same as me. Most sheep just get treated like products: they get born, get sold, get fed, get killed. While I know they're all different. All different characters. I know because I see it in the eyes of my parents' sheep (good title for a book: "In The Eyes Of My Parents' Sheep): they live.

12. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    yeah, how animals can be treated so horribly in a so-called "civilized" society is beyond me.

13. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Sadly, that thread wouldn't load for me. :(

Is that anywhere near Whidbey Island? I go there every summer!

14. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    oh okay, you're excused this time :p

about 2 hours from whidbey island, we're right in the middle of the state.

15. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    I like Washington. Perhaps I'll move there and raise sheep and goats.

16. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    You'll be the goat with the moat. :D

17. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    yeah, washington is beautiful! i can't really imagine living anywhere else. lots of land to raise goats and sheep too!

18. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    I must make plans for my immediate departure!

*packs cat into a suitcase*

19. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Hi everyone!

Yeah, Washington state is nice. I like it here pretty well. It does rain a tad too much though, at least in the western part, which is where I am.

20. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    yeah the west side is rainy but it doesn't get nearly as cold in the winter as it does over here.

21. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    That's true. The mildness is good. Actually, that's probably some of why I like it. Plus the rain makes everything very green. But by say a year from now I'll know west and east, because next year I'll be going to college in eastern WA.

22. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    really? where abouts?

23. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Walla Walla (well, technically College Place, which is near Walla Walla). If you don't know where that is, well, I think it's fairly south and I don't really know beyond that. (Geography is not my subject, and I only really know western WA.)

24. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    yeah, i know where it is. i've never spent much time there but i know that it's a farming community but that it also has a fair sized college population. i think there are a couple colleges there.

25. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Yeah, there are a couple, hence the name College Place. :p I'll be going to Walla Walla College (original name, huh?), which is one of the two there. It's a Seventh-day Adventist college, which is the Christian denomination that I'm a member of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.