main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Locked Thread Reading List (temporarily suspended)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Artemis_Silverbow, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    The fan fiction forum is a wonderful place, but if you're like me, you seldom venture far beyond the first ten or twenty pages. It took me a long time to realize how much I was missing by not digging deeper. There's some good stuff down there, but it can be more than a little overwhelming. Hence this thread.

I will be posting links for stories that are locked, in effect, doing the digging for you. I realize people's tastes in fan fiction vary, so I will do my best to provide a wide selection to choose from. However, I am only one person, and much as I wish I could spend all day on the JC, I have other things that demand my attention. So, I will only post one link at a time, with a few days inbetween posts. Please feel free to use this thread to comment on the featured stories, and please, have fun ;)

If you have any suggestions for stories, please, let me know. All I ask is that the story be complete-nothing is more frustrating then getting into a fan fic only to find out that it was never finished-and be on a locked thread. Other than that, the sky's the limit! :)

Without further ado, I present my first Locked Thread Reading List selection:Consequences of Watto's Chance Cube by Soggy-Ben Doggy. Enjoy!

2. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Cool idea.

If someone wants one of these threads unlocked to make comments, PM me (or another mod).

3. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    Nice choice for the first unlocked story. (Of course, it also helps that I am a sucker for Maul stories.) Here's to hoping future treasures are uncovered and brought back to the surface once more.

4. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Oooh, maybe some Ani/Ami fics or Obi Wan fanfics?

5. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Glad you liked it, LordMoltar :)

ThatJediGirl, I'm in the process of gathering future selections, so I welcome any and all suggestions. There are a great many prequel-era fan fics that far back in the forum-JA are not hard to come by-and I'm sure I can find an A/A or two. But, as I said, I'm trying to spread things around, so I may not get to the JA or A/A fics right away(unless there is overwhelming demand, or a few people are VERY persistent ;)).

6. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    It would be nice if we could compile an index by subject of all the fics. It would be an incredible amount of work, but if we got enough people to volunteer, it would be a great asset to this forum. That way authors could check other stories and see if their topics have already been written about a thousand times. Also, if people are looking for specific main characters, that would make searches easier.

It's just a thought.

7. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I'd like to see fewer Ani/Ami stories, and more Imperial stories.

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Well, I'll volunteer to ferret out all the good a/a fics. Those looking for a certain genre should do the same. We can then come up with some sort of index that way :D

aa :)

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I agree with you aa, I'll start looking for some a/a fics and hopefully dig some up! :)

Amidala

10. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Count me in!

11. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    :)
    Why do I get the feeling we'll end up with collections to rival the size of an average Robert Jordan novel?

Seriously, I do have one suggestion for a story search, and hopefully it won't be too hard to find. If there's any solo Mara stories available, I'd at least be most interested in reading those.

12. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Cool idea, Artemis... if you need me to unlock anything, just let me know!

--Mr. P :cool:

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Very cool idea Artemis!! I like to go into the old pages sometimes. :D

But no JA?? *sniff*

14. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks, JediGaladriel, and Mr.P :)

Everybody else.....I can only feature what I've found so far. In time that should include every type of fan fic found on this forum. But TIME is the key word here. I'll be happy to search for stories with specific characters or time frames, but I cannot promise I will find them right away. If you want to see a certain kind of fic used as a selection, and have time to look for one, please do so. I will gladly feature stories unearthed by others who want to help.

That said, I present the second Locked Thread Reading List selection: Obi-Wan's Bad Day by Wampasmak. As you might guess, it's JA, and Obi-torture-but this time it's played for laughs. (Enjoy it while you can, I plan to go for a tear-jerker next time.)

Melyanna, aa, A_S, P-A, I think an index is a wonderful idea. I'll help any way I can(time permitting, of course ;)).

15. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Another winner! Thanks for surfacing yet another entertaining story. ;)

16. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks, LordMoltar :)

As for the rest of you.....I know you're out there, I can hear you breathing 8-} If you'd like to be notified via PM when I update the thread, please let me know. I should have no trouble doing so, unless half the JC signs up, and that doesn't seem very likely ;)

17. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Obi-Wan's bad day has just been unlocked. :)

--Mr. P :cool:

18. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Um...thanks, Mr.P :confused: What happened? Were you flooded with requests from Obi-torture fans? [face_laugh]

To anyone who's reading this and NOT POSTING :mad: 8-} I'll be updating tonight.

19. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Hey, you guys think you can dig up any dark Obi JA fics?

20. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    As promised, the third Locked Thread Reading List selection: Joy to Sorrow by RebelMom. It's very short, but it should keep all the A/A fans reasonably happy until I can dig up something else. Warning! You may want to keep a box of tissues handy for this one :( :_|

If you like this thread :D, please post and say so. If you don't like this thread :mad:, please post and say so. If I haven't featured your favorite type of fan fic, please be patient. I have at least another 60 pages [face_shocked] of locked threads to look through, and I read the fics before I post links to them. I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible to get a degree in fan fiction ;)

21. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I would like some old Luke fics or Luke and Mara fics that I might have missed before I registered.

22. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    I definitely like this idea Artemis_Silverbow!

AQ

23. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Again, very nice choice for the third story. It was good to have a moving story as a bit of variety. (Yes, even a mighty lord like myself got a bit lumpy in the throat from this story.) Once more, I am impressed with your choices, Artemis. ;)

24. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    I like this idea. :_| That one was really sad!

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    That fic was so sad and heartwarming..I've glad you found it! :)

Am

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.