main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The lol @ Michigan Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Toledo? Who?

lol. Thats just great.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Michigan is currently the gift that keeps on giving. It's like having a subscription to the laugh of the month club.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    This thread is close to surpassing the lol @ Arsenal thread in posts. This should be very telling.

4. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Will Rodriguez even make it through the year? I ask, because no first year coach has done this terribly for Michigan.

Oh, and AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

5. RichRodriguez

RichRodriguez Jedi Knight

Aug 30, 2008
    Let me tell you, I am tired of this loling at Michigan. These student athletes, yes students first athletes second, played their hearts out today in a very tough game. This is a local rival from a tough conference, and there's no shame in losing to this tough Toledo team. A team that has just recently produced great talent like NFL-caliber quarterbacks. There's no shame in that at all.

This is going to be a season of growing pains, we knew that coming in. But, the fact remains, we've still got a .960 winning percentage lifetime in our program against the very tough Mid American Conference. That's Nine Six Zero. And where I come from, that's damn impressive. If we didn't challenge ourselves in playing these tough, non-conference games against local rivals that produce NFL quarterbacks, we could easily coast to a ten-win season this year and a nice bowl game. But, I want to make sure our student athletes, students first, are properly challenged: on the field and in the classroom. So, we're going to take these tough games, we're going to challenge ourselves, and we're going to be better for going through these growing pains.

In the meantime, if there's any major conference team with a good program that has a quality bunch of players for my scheme and wants to throw millions of dollars at me, please contact my agent.

6. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004

Agree. Michigan will not stay down forever, so getting shots in now is always the smart thing to do.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Especially the last line :p

8. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I'm not one to enjoy the pain of others, but damn!

lol @ Michigan.

9. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    Lol @ Michigan

10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am from Ohio originally!

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I am just going to go ahead and do this....

lol @ Michigan

12. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    ^I'm with ya.

lol @ Michigan.

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, Michigan had a good first half... and then got totally and utterly owned in the second.

lol @ 2-5 Michigan and their chances of going to a bowl game. Bye-bye, streak!

14. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    lol @ 2-6

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yep, they go down to MSU and now have to win out to even be bowl eligible... and with Minnesota, Northwestern, and especially Ohio State left on the schedule, not likely at all.

lol @ Michigan

16. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Even Purdue isn't a gimme at this point. Can you say "double-digit losses"?

17. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Michigan is currently the ultimate in lol. Fourth quarter collapse FTW, or FTL, in their case. :p

This is probably the making of their worst season in decades.

18. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    As an Alabama fan I'd like to say: "**** boys, we really dodged that bullet eh?"

19. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I think you missed your intended thread.:p

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I think you missed your intended thread.

I think that could go in multiple threads, including this one. What if Bama had hired Rich Rodriguez?

This is probably the making of their worst season in decades.

Let's see... the last time they lost 6 games was 1984, when they went 6-6, which they very probably won't make this year. Worse than that... they went 4-6 back in 1967, which they could easily do worse than this year. So, worse than that... 2-7 in 1962. So 40+ years since they've had a season this bad. Wow.

21. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Oh, gotcha. My bad.

22. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Yeah it was intended.

Alabama did wave some cash at RR before he hemmed and hawwed his was to a raise from WVa (not nearly enough to actually secure him mind you {we could have offered the 4 million, but only offered a little over 2}). Enjoy him and the spread :p

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm torn. I never actually want to see Michigan win, but I'd LOVE to see them enter the Ohio State game needing a win to become Bowl Eligible just to have Ohio State slam that door in their face.

lol @ Michigan.

24. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Root for them to lose, and then have Ohio State hand them their first double-digit loss season since time began.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Literally since ever, since they've never had such a season before. That would be absolutely hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.