1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:VIC The Lone State

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Skywalker_Solo, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Skywalker_Solo Jedi Padawan

Has anyone noticed that Vic never seems to get any conventions or anything to do with Star Wars? Or is that just me not reading into things enough?

Also, would anyone be able to recommend a good Star Wars store (or any at least that has merchandise) in the CBD? Obviously I will not say where but I am in the South-Eastern suburbs so I can't go regional Victoria or anywhere like the Alpine region.

Thanks for people's help,

Skywalker_Solo
  2. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    While I am not from Vic, the same can be said for the rest of us but we do have things like Supanova that does travel about the country and covers a range of fandoms, including Star Wars. There is something for everyone there.
    Skywalker_Solo likes this.
  3. Skywalker_Solo Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the help, Outrider!
  4. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Basically all Cons have SW there, you take it! ;) Melbourne has Armageddon coming up soon, and I know a few flying over from Adelaide for it, and generally the 501st appears at these things so there should be a SW Presence there ;) You're right in teh fact we don't get full SW only Cons, but fact is we wouldn't be attracting 20,000 people to it sadly.
  5. Skywalker_Solo Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the info, Adalia! I have heard of Armageddon but sadly not managed to make it. One of these years...
  6. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Celebration Down Under be brilliant but who knows whether that will happen anytime soon.
  7. Skywalker_Solo Jedi Padawan

Is it an Australian version of Celebration?
  8. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    It's a hypothetical version of Star Wars Celebration. I remember a few years ago several online domains were registered relating to Celebration and one of the possibilities suggest Australia but with how things are... it probably be a while before one comes our way... if at all.
  9. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I believe you get Supanova too and Oz Comic con.....

http://www.supanova.com.au/show-information/melbourne/
    http://www.ozcomiccon.com/
    http://armageddonexpo.com/au/home/armageddon-melbourne-2013-here-we-come/

Melbourne Armageddon is in October, so you can plan to get there this year! You get three, maybe more big Cons over there mate, get yourself along to one of them! ;)
  10. Skywalker_Solo Jedi Padawan

Sweet! I was obviously not researching enough... Oh well, now I know! Thanks!
  11. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    No problem, get along to one of them and revel in the Star Wars to be seen and collected!!
  12. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Technically these are Pop Culture Expos not conventions, but "I take your meaning sir".

The last TRUE Star Wars convention held in Melbourne was back in 2007. Though these modern expos may allow you to SEE Star Wars elements, but if you want to talk about it, share it with others, learn something new or get into some indepth philosophical discussions, alas the Expos won't provide that.