CT The lone Tatooinian

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    So while browsing I found this HD picture of Mos Eisley's establishing shot from the Special Edition that starts at ground level and swoops above the city. We've all seen this shot a thousand times, heck, I've even seen this HD picture at least a couple of times, yet today I noticed something for the first time that really intrigued me.
    Check out that one Tatooinian sitting all by himself, atop the circular opening of the small docking bay in the center of the frame. I am fascinated by this person. That's what makes the worlds of Star Wars so engrossing, no matter how many times you've seen the film, there is always something new to discover.

[IMG] (click to enlarge)

What is his/ her story? Was I the first to point him / her out on here and do I get dibs on the name?

Let's find out the identity of this lone and mysterious Tatooinian.
  2. Narutakikun Force Ghost

star 4
    "Yeah, I said three footlong bantha and cheese subs and a six-pack of blue milk!!! Send it over to Bay 27 at noon!!!"
    kainee, Trask Ulgo and darthbarracuda like this.
  3. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Huh...never even noticed that guy lol. And yeah, he's interesting somehow.
  4. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe he and the lonely little Rodian from the back alley of the Outlander Club should hang out together to keep each other company.
  5. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    "You'd be really great at podracing, kid, that's all I said, I never expected any of this to happen, how could I, but I'm so sorry, tell my wife I love her..."
    TreborSabreon and DarthBoba like this.
  6. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Before he leaps 30 or so feet into soft sand. Oh the horror :p
  7. LordMortis315 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  8. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 4
    I dunno.... 'he' could be a pipe or something.
  9. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    With flesh hands?! That'd be a little out there, even for the GFFA. :p

I like LordMortis315 idea best. Gives closure to the mystery. Now if only we could find Wald.

Also, check out the satellite dish on the trapezoidal building in the back. Guess that's the place to be when the Imperial Games are on.
    Last edited by Billy_Dee_Binks, Dec 23, 2012
    LordMortis315 likes this.
  10. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    The name of the street is Outer Curved Street. Literally off screen to the very immediate right is docking bay 94 where the Falcon sits. The two docking bays side by side are unknown to me but are pictured in Inside The Worlds OF Star Wars Trilogy book.

[IMG]

They are right there next to the number 10. That section is labeled as the spot where Garindan appears on film following Luke and Ben to Docking Bay 94. Docking Bay 94 is labeled 11. That docking bay along with several others were owned by Ohwun De Maal and Chachi De Maal The being pictured in the opening post is probably not either of them since they are both in the cantina when Luke and ben get to it.

I have not seen anything beyond that, such as the name of an employee, as to who it could be, unles they were just there and ran off real quick tot he cantina. But that is as close as I got.
    Last edited by VadersLaMent, Dec 23, 2012
  11. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, the trapezoidal building near Kerner Plaza is missing the satellite dish in the Complete Locations artwork. :-B

[face_beatup]
    Last edited by Billy_Dee_Binks, Dec 23, 2012
  12. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I was the one who uploaded that picture, and only noticed him later on. It's these small background details that make Star Wars special.
    Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  13. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    I like the little teal Nostromo in the right hand corner of that map of Mos Eisley.
  14. Trask Ulgo Jedi Master

star 3
    Maybe he'll get in the EU. If the Icecrem Guy can what is stopping him?
  15. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That's Narcissus, the Nostromo's lifeboat, actually.
  16. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    Boo, brain.
    DarthBoba likes this.
  17. vypernight Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Don't do it! You've got so much to live for! And . . . it's not much of a jump anyway. Try the structure behind you.
    Random Comments likes this.
  18. Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Master

star 2
    I love these little things that people pick up on. I'm always focused on the outrider in that shot, I've never really noticed anything else.