main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY "The Lonesome West" - Bryan's Show

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    For anyone who may be interested, here is the information on my upcoming show:

"The Lonesome West"
    by Martin McDonagh

Directed by Greg Natale
    Produced by the Irish Classical Theatre

"In this dark and savage comedy set in a small and godforsaken Irish village, a pair of warring brothers lives to torment one another. Following their father's death in a shotgun "accident," fueled by pride and poteen, their vicious baiting and violent brawls are merciless and unrelenting. The parish priest, alcoholic and suicidal for for reasons of his own, entreats the brothers to reconcile as their squabbling spirals into comedy and chaos."

I play the alcoholic priest, Father Welsh.

The show opens Friday, February 26, and runs through Sunday, March 28. There are performances Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at 7:30, Saturday matinees at 3pm, and Sunday matinees at 2pm. There is no performance on Friday, March 12.

Tickets can be purchased on the Irish Classical Theatre's website. It looks like they also have group rates for groups of 10 or more.

Hope to see some of you there!

EDIT: We will also be having two FREE preview performances on Wednesday, 2/24 and Thursday, 2/25 at 7:30pm. We will be in need of audience for these two nights. If you wish to go to either of these, you will need to be at the theatre no later than 7:15pm in order to ensure you get in.

2. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Sounds like a good time, I will see what Liz is up to and will let you know what date we can make it on.

3. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'd like to see this as well.

4. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I'd be up for going.

5. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Thanks guys!

The show's shaping up really well in rehearsals. We do our promo photo shoot this week for pictures that'll be sent to Artvoice and the Buffalo News and the like.

6. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    We'd like to go too.

7. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I edited the original post with information about our two free preview performances. :)

8. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    So are we picking a group day for this... cant wait ti see the drunkin irishman

9. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    I'm aiming for the Thursday preview show, anyone else care to join me?

10. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Thurs as in today thursday the 18th

11. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    No, as in the 25th.

Liz and I will be going to that show too, and possibly a few other people.

12. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    We moved in to the actual theatre a few days ago, from our rehearsal space. The set looks incredible. This is going to be a great show.

13. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Would love to go see this too. :)
    The Thursday preview 2/25 may work... who is thinking of going? It would be great to go as a NR group!

14. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Just wanted to remind everyone who planned on coming to the preview performances to arrive early to ensure a seat.

The house should open at around 7:00. I know for the preview performances they don't like to let people in much later than 7:15, so plan to get there before 7:15. The Thursday preview does tend to get a larger audience than than Wednesday preview, so the earlier you arrive, the earlier you guarantee yourself a seat.

The theatre is across the street from Shea's on Main Street. There is no auto traffic allowed on that portion of Main Street, so your best bets for parking are Washington and Pearl. Street parking isn't metered after 5 so if you find a spot that'll work. There's the M&T lot on Washington that allows for enclosed parking for $3. If you can get a spot there's also the post office on Washington, that allows for parking once the post office itself is closed.

15. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Amy and I would love to come. It's going to have to be at a later date, though, since she's working til 11p this Thursday. Hey, is this like a rocky horror picture show where we can throw popcorn or are we compelled to behave? ;)

16. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Haha. Behave thyself, Pete. Popcorn throwing can commence after the show. :p

17. VideoPrince

May 31, 2002
    We will try to come to the Thursday night show too.

18. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    So any plans for a meeting place so we all go together or just meeting there at certain time and if so what time.

19. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    The house opens at 6:30 tonight, so you have plenty of time to get there and get seats. Be sure to get there early! It is a small theatre after all. :)

20. VideoPrince

May 31, 2002
    BPS was great last night; everyone was, in fact.
    He nailed his long soliliquy.

This will, of course, catch up with him when he returns to dueling practice.

21. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm sorry I missed it...

22. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Thanks to Larry, Janice, Marty, Chris B. and Chris' wife Liz for checking the preview out last night!

Gil, you didn't miss the show. We officially open tonight and run for a month! :D

23. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    Great show Bryan, you nailed it!

24. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    I wish I could have gone last night! :(
    With the weather, my babysitter bailed. Errrrr!
    Hopefully another NR group can come and see it within the month. Hopefully tickets are not too expensive- Snowy was REALLY sick last weekend and took all of our stinkin money (literally)... $3100! Man, she better be worth it and live for a LONG time! LOL

Would anyone be interested in possibly going?

25. VideoPrince

May 31, 2002
    Everyone needs to save today's (2/26) GUSTO section. Bryan is PICTURED on the preview in a column entitled BRAWLING BROTHERS.
    We'll have to arrange an autograph session.
    As agent, the club will collect 85% of all fees directly to the treasury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.