main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Long and Winding Road---Link to Sequel NOW up! 5/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediKnight-Obi-Wan, Nov 22, 2000.

1. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    killer ending!!
    :D i can't wait to read that sequel! will it be up soon? pleeeeeaase?

2. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Thanks guys!

I'll probably start the sequel after I finish finals in around two weeks. Finals are first week in May and everything is HECTIC right now.

I may get a chance to throw up a teaser in here before that however ;)

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally get a chance to sit and relax and play catch up on the computer and what do I find??? This thread says Completed??? OMG... not already!!! :eek: :eek:

Derisa's post was awesome... it does make me want to read the entire USJS again!!

Alex and Meri rebonding... that was superb, especially how she turned him away from that hint of something more with a Not there. Not yet.

Ohhh... Yoda feeling badly for what Alex has lost... now that brought tears to my eyes!!!

Of course I hate hwere you left it!!! But... there's always a but... LOL.. I'll be looking very much forward to

"That Which Is Remembered"

Fabulous story JKOW!!

4. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Hey guys, this would be Teaser number one of two, but I'm not sure I'll get around to two before I being posting this story....we'll see. Anyway, enjoy this teaser and let me know what you think!

That Which Is Remembered: Teaser # 1

~~~

Jedi Temple~Meditation room

?Meri??

The voice cut through the chaotic thoughts of the wounded young woman and immediately her posture melted into the front of a poised Jedi even as she turned to face the familiar voice.

?Why do you do that?? Obi-Wan asked sadly as he stepped out of the shadows. ?Do you think I don?t see??

Meri carefully kept her expression neutral as her long time friend Obi-Wan Kenobi stepped closer. ?And what do you see, Obi-Wan?? she asked allowing only a hint of emotion to show. Without waiting for his answer she turned back to the floor length windows, her gaze fixed outward.

She could feel his eyes studying her and she flinched visibly when he touched her cheek softly with the back of his fingers.

?I see someone who never grieved for a loved one. And it?s eating them inside.?

~ ~ ~
    Knighting ceremony

The void growing within her at the phantom bond?s sudden absence was like an empty dark hole, sucking in everything else and Meri faltered as she attempted to understand the aching, gnawing pain. Her lips tried to form words to protest what he had just done?the betrayal he had just committed. He?d stolen her Alex?the real Alex from her?he had no right to do that. This wasn?t supposed to happen?he wasn?t supposed to touch that bond.

Faintly Meri heard the applause as she was introduced as a knight to the order and vaguely she realized this was a prompting that she should rise to her feet. It was expected of her?wasn?t it? Suddenly she wasn?t sure of anything any more. The room reeled and dark spots alternated with bright flashing globes in front of her vision as the pain flared to a new height. Her hearing began to fade in and out as the murmur of concerned voices grew.

She didn?t notice how deathly still the room had become, nor the fact that Obi-Wan was about to break protocol and rush to her side. She didn?t even notice when Adi Gallia approached, her questions sliding over the new knight like water as Meri fought the unbearable pain inside.

The concerned questions never reached her ears as she toppled forward, unconsciousness a welcome darkness without pain.

~ ~ ~
    Jedi Temple~ infirmary

?With all due respect, Master, you don?t know what you?re saying,? the healer began. ?Meri Irhanah cannot be sent away, not now. I specified that in my report, you can?t?,?

?Master Healer,? Mace interrupted firmly. ?We have read your report and we have come to a decision. Knight Irhanah will be sent to Urukier.?

An-Paj stared dumbfounded at the Councilor before him for long moments. And then it began to sink in. The Council didn?t want this revealed. If it were, they would be made to take a more forceful course of action, ending in expulsion for one or both of them. They needed Alex Arieh?

However Meri?.An-Paj?s jaw hardened at the realization of what they were doing and everything within him that was healer cried against it.

The Councilor?s dark eyes were full of remorse as he shook his head. ?Master An-Paj, the Council has made its decision and I?m sorry.?

?You?re sorry?? An-Paj questioned, his blue skin beginning to flush almost purple in anger. ?You are willingly killing one of our own and you are sorry??

~ ~ ~
    Jedi Center~Urukier

Obi-Wan inhaled a clean breath of the salty fresh air on Urukier as he walked alongside Dylan. ?You say she often comes here?? he questioned curiously.

Dylan nodded, and Obi-Wan thought his expression was almost worried. ?She spends a lot of time on this beach, alone.?

For some reason the words made Obi-Wan uneasy, but he forgot this as he spotted his friend up ahead. She was wading out, thigh deep in the water, and as he hurried forward he missed the gasp of his companion as Dylan saw Meri.

The olde

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    You realize that you are truly a Sith for those teasers, don't you? Beautifuuly done and I very much look forward to the new fic...When will it be up?

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ack, you ARE a sith! *grumbles against stoopid Jedi Council and memoryless Alex*

7. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    oh no! oh no oh no oh no! EVIL teaser! absolutely positively evil! now you HAVE to get that sequel up ASAP...suspense will drive me nuts otherwise! i really like it, though! :D :D :D

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... * rubs hands together greedily*

That's sounds fantastic JKOW--- can't wait for the start-up!!!

9. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
  10. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    //drums fingers on table top

//twiddles thumbs

//patiently waits

HURRY UP!!!!

11. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    up, i say, up! and when do we get a new teaser?? [face_hopeful] 8-}

12. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    So this time I actually had a real excuse for not replying, I swear!

I was in Rome for all of Spring Break, visiting my sister so I really didn't have any internet access. I get back and look! It's all finished!

What an ending it was, though. I mean, woah. Those last few posts were absolutely riveting, having Alex go through his trials again, and to coninually get hints at Meri's true feelings but not recognize them. That trailer was amazing, as well. I can't wait for it to start!

I did notice that it said Teaser 1 though. . .

13. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    I said IF I get a chance to write it, there may be a teaser 2. But I also may get a chance to start posting the actual story before I get a chance to write another teaser...so we'll see! :)

[face_devil]

14. EMPRESS

Jul 10, 2000
    any idea how long the wait to see might be?

15. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    I probably start posting the actualy story in a week and a half. I'll put a note in here when I do.

16. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    That Which Is Remembered: Teaser # 2

~~~

Jedi Temple

Meri stopped abruptly in the hall, her fragile, neutral mask on the edge of shattering.

?Excuse me,? she said coolly, fighting the impulse to take a step back and away from the knight before her.

?No, I don?t think I will.?

Meri?s hands clenched her robe and her mouth twitched at the amused but cocky tone. He was enjoying this.

She sighed as though in resignation. ?Fine. What can I do to indulge you?? Her tone was condescending and one narrow brow rose in haughty question.

?Talk to me??

His voice softened slightly with his request and Meri felt her heart clench painfully in answer. For a brief moment she simply looked at him, a fleeting expression of pain in her dark eyes.

?I have nothing to discuss with you.?

The knight took a step forward and she automatically took a step back.

?I would like to get to know you, Knight Irhanah.?

For a brief moment Meri?s facade cracked as her eyes slid shut in agony of the question. He was around nine years too late. Buoying up the last of her confidence, she straightened.

?I?m sorry, Master Arieh. But I don?t want to know you.?

With that she turned on her heel and left.

~ ~ ~

Jedi Temple~Training Arena

?Master Arieh??

Alex looked up from correcting the stance of a young initiate before him at the call of his fellow instructor.

?Could you fetch me that training helmet??

Alex nodded and headed over to the rack on the wall. Just as he was reaching out to grab the small helmet, an odd sensation began to spread through him causing him to falter in his movement.

The odd sensation turned to a phantom pain that sliced across his wrist and gasping he pulled his arm to his chest. Behind him others were beginning to take notice of the knight?s odd behavior as he hunched over his hand as though he had injured it.

?Alex? Are you alright??

~ ~ ~

?Obi-Wan?I can?t do this!?

?He?s remembering things, Meri.?

Dark eyes widened in astonishment at this.

?No! He can?t be!?

?You sound as though you don?t want him to remember the past?remember you!?

Meri took in a harsh breath before shaking her head. ?I don?t! He can?t!?

?You won?t be able to stop it and when he does,? Obi-Wan trailed off, leaving her to finish the thought that shot shards of pain through her heart.

~ ~ ~

?You?re supposed to tighten that bolt first.?

Meri clenched her jaw and shot the dark headed knight a glare that went unnoticed.

?I know how to assemble this and I require no help from you!?

?I was simply informing you of a simpler and might I add, much shorter route.?

Meri felt ready to hit the obstinate male over the head with the tool in her hand. ?You might not believe it, but I have done this before,? she muttered out between a clenched jaw.

?Have you always been this stubborn??

?Have you always been this pigheaded?? she shot back immediately. His distinctly male attitude was driving her mad. Even though she knew what she was doing, his continuing comments on her techniques were irritating to say the least. She supposed it just went back to the male belief that they always knew the best and shortest route, despite the fact the other person had done it just as many times.?Of course you have, what am I saying?? she muttered more to herself than him.

Alex looked taken aback by her outburst. ?I don?t remember us arguing this much?? he trailed off as what he was actually saying registered.

Meri shot him a startled look as the tall knight ran a hand nervously through his hair before turning and walking out.

That Which is Remembered?

Coming Soon

17. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    a week and a half, huh?

I

CAN'T

WAIT

THAT

LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eep. sorry.

not really, but maybe it'll make you post faster! ;)

18. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    yeah! you put up a new teaser! i liked it lots! so....a week and a half huh? darnit! i can't wait that long! ;) 8-}

19. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Ack...I can't wait that long either! Alex seems to be remembering things...:D

20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    :D Forgot to mention last night that those little snippets don't actually appear in the order you see here in the story. [face_devil]

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
  22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
  23. EMPRESS

Jul 10, 2000
    Woohoo! I thought it'd never get here!