main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT THE LONG WAIT (From the Return of the Jedi)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Time Frame: The Orginal Trilogy (Empire)
    Rating: G
    Characters: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Chewbacca
    Summary: Han is waiting at the bunker for Luke and Leia to return.

I didn't join this Rebellion just to sit by some tree and wait.

I finally gave in to be a part of this and they make me a general.

Generals are suppoed to lead - not sit on their ****** waiting.

They should have made Chewie the General, he's the one with patience,

he's waited on me a lot of times.

Luke, a Jedi Knight.. he's supposed to have all this patience and he goes running off

into who knows what. And I don't know what Leia's thinking ....charging off

like that. What if she runs into big trouble? How do I know if they'll even come back?

Then what will I do? I can't spend time looking for them and blowing up the bunker

all at the same time; and Lano is depending on that shield being down when they

get here. My friends aren't my only concern now; the whole Alliance is depending on me .

Leia will be depending on me, too; to help her if she's in trouble. She'll be alright -

the kid's with her. No, he's not a kid any more. He proved that with the deal

he pulled on Jabba. I have to wait. Luke can handle any trouble, they'll be back. How

about that!! I'm friends with a Jedi Knight and a Princess. Well... if they don't show

up soon, I'm gonna have to send the squad on to the bunker and go look for them myself.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Definitely somethings he would be pondering and realizing. =D=

3. JD1975

JD1975 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    I could definitely see Han thinking this - you have captured his personality and how far he has come since we first meet him in ANH. Well done!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm normally not keen on these short introspection pieces (which is the same thing somebody else said in comments on one of my stories, where I err...had a prologue which was a short introspection piece itself); but this is a great way to show that even the biggest of heroes have their own doubts and anxieties. Heck, in this case, even Han's anxieties have their own anxieties. It's normal to doubt oneself and question everything after so many changes have taken place.

P.S. The weird line break thing happened again.

5. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Thank you for taking your time to read THE LONG WAIT....I don't usually write introspection, but this was such a temptation,
    as one doesn't see Han Solo sitting still for long...and his life has changed quite a bit....(this was written right after Empire...
    I just kept thinking what was Han Solo thinking....great facial expressions in the movie)

Don't know what happens with the line break...must be a grinch in the transmission, ha.

Have a nice evening. Lynda V.

Ewok Poet likes this.