main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The look of the lightsabers in the ST

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Golden Jedi Knight, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I think it's safe to say that most of the lightsabers will look pretty much as they did in the OT and PT. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one character with a double-bladed lightsaber considering how popular Darth Maul became. But will we see any new twists with lightsabers in the ST? A couple of ideas . . . .

1. Anyone remember Empatojayos Brand from the "Dark Empire" comics? He had a lightsaber that was built into his droid suit after his body had been cut to pieces during the Jedi purge. This is one possibility for a "new" lightsaber design for the ST.

2. Anyone want to see a lightsaber with three or four blades? (If you're groaning at this idea, the truth is that I'm not totally sold on it, either . . . .)

3. Maybe have a lightsaber combined with another weapon? I'm thinking of attaching a lightsaber to a long rifle, like a bayonet. I'm not suggesting that the Jedi should use a weapon like this . . . maybe introduce a new bounty hunter character who modifies a lightsaber this way.

4. What if the energy used to create a lightsaber blade was changed into a different shape? For example, maybe a shield could be created that is powered by the same crystals used in lightsabers. (This would be a "lightshield" and not a "lightsaber," obviously, but a new twist nonetheless)

Out of these ideas, #1 and #3 are my favorites. I'd love to hear more ideas from you all.

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *Redundant topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.