main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Lord of the Cards: Shuffle-ship of the Deck (Cards of Fate LotR Crossover)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zedd-Vega, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Lord of the Cards: The Shuffle-ship of the Deck

The Cards of Fate have been dealt to many throughout many different times and realties, resulting in death, destruction, passion, and happiness. And although the Cards have already been dealt, there isn?t much keeping one from tampering with them?

Loki the Trickster, God of Mischief, has shuffled the Cards and has re-dealt them in one very prominent universe, causing time in that universe to rewind and essentially start anew, but not without a few more changes...

The Asgardian Trickster has found multiple Decks of multiple Fate Cards in which he has shuffled into the current Deck, but these have been carefully chosen as not to incur the wrath of Odin himself: only the people have been subtly changed.

As Fate returns from his date with Aphrodite, he prepares to deal the Cards, unaware of the tampering his precious Cards have suffered through by means of Loki.

The bony hand slides the first Card from the top of the Deck of Fate, and with that single gesture, the story of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring prepares to be rewritten?

The Cards have been dealt, and now you are a part of this game. Welcome to ?The Cards of Fate?, where you will fundamentally alter the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Through this game, several of the characters from each movie have been removed from the Deck of Fate, and replaced by another character from another Deck. This character, whomever it may be, has taken the place of one character from the LotR Universe (Vanessa Kensington replacing Arwen for example). The character need not be evil nor good to replace someone (Dr. Octopus replacing Gandalf for instance), and vice versa. No LotR or The Hobbit characters can replace another LotR character (No Bilbo in place of Pippin? sorry guys [face_sad])

However, the events that occur in the LotR Universe remain static, meaning that Frodo gets stabbed on Weathertop, Boromir is killed by is killed in battle, etc. Though in retrospect, the character replacing Frodo, Boromir, etc. will perform these actions. Characters will be related by blood, but will have the names they were given in their Universe (Frodo replaced by Gohan, Bilbo replaced by Neo)

[blockquote][b]Gohan:[/b] ??There and back again: A Hobbit's tale? by Neo. This is awesome!?

[b]Neo:[/b] ?I meant to go back...wander the paths of Mirkwood, visit Laketown, see the Lonely Mountain again...but age, it seems, has finally caught up with me.?[/blockquote]

The game will be played in parts, introducing the characters as they were in the movies, but not limited to the same interaction as they have before (Frodo meets Merry & Pippin in the field, but instead meets them inside the Prancing Pony).

Regarding characters who eventually die in the trilogy (Boromir, Theoden, Gollum, etc), they do not necessarily die the way they have in the movies (arrow to the chest, fall into lava, etc) but they do indeed need to die in some way.

Age! Age is important as well. Although many may be unfamiliar with the ages of many of the characters (Aragorn actually being in his eighties), just give an assumed age based on appearance. Age them well folks!

If there are any questions over anything I may have missed, please do not hesitate to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=Zedd-Vega]PM me[/link] and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

[hr]

As far as rules go, follow the TOS to avoid getting the Mods involved in our affairs (these are not the Usernames you are looking for [i]*waves hand*[/i]), and play your character the way they would act in their own universe, but have them follow the LotR storyline in such a way (if you are playing an arrogant character who replaces Sam for instance, then the character is arrogant. No getting around that). Besides, what fun would it be if everyone acted as the original characters have? We all

2. TheTatooineRexTrader

TheTatooineRexTrader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    Character: Master Pain (Betty)
    Replacement of: Sarumon
    Current location: Isengard Tower

Master Pain is from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. He died but, this is before the events of Kung Pow. Saruman did everything beofre the start of FotR.

3. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Excellent character choice, I rather enjoyed the film itself, so Master Pain could make a very convincing Saruman. [face_peace]

I probably should've done this earlier (based on the other Cards of Fate games) but here is an example character sheet using Master Pain as an example. Don't worry TheTatooineRexTrader, he's still your character ;)

Character Replaced: Saruman
    Character Played: Master Pain (Betty)
    Deck: Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
    Biography: Master Pain

4. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    Character Replaced: Boromir
    Character Played: Anakin Skywalker
    Deck: Star Wars. Beginning of Ep:3, after becoming a Knight but before turning.
    Biography: Anakin Skywalker

Just out of curiosity, will Anakin still be able to use the Force? or will his power be reduced? On a similar note, Lightsaber: yes/no? doesn't really bother me either way, just wanted to know.

5. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC:
    Yes Anakin will still be able to use the Force to his maximum potential at the time of Knighthood.

As for a lightsaber, of course he will still have one. As far as Fate is concerned, it's still Boromir's sword.

[color=red][b][i]CURRENT LIST OF PLAYERS[/i][/b][/color]

[b]Saruman / Master Pain[/b] ([i]TheTatooineRexTrader[/i])
    [b]Boromir / Anakin Skywalker[/b] ([i]FanficFan[/i])

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I have arrived.

Character Replaced: Aragorn
    Character Played: Solid Snake
    Deck: Metal Gear Duology and Metal Gear Solid series
    Biography: Solid Snake

7. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: Just as a quick announcement, Arwen Evenstar is currently placed on reserve for spacelady. Whichever character she chooses to replace her with is perfectly up to her.

CURRENT LIST OF PLAYERS

Saruman / Master Pain (TheTatooineRexTrader)
    Boromir / Anakin Skywalker (FanficFan)
    Aragorn / Solid Snake (Darth_Elu)
    Arwen Evenstar / ??? (spacelady)

8. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I hope this is okay...

Character Replaced: Arwen Evenstar
    Character Played: Selene
    Deck: Underworld
    Biography: Selene

Thread Status: