General ~*The Lord of the Rings Discussion thread*~ (FOTR, TTT and ROTK-spoilers blacked out please)

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay...time for us to discuss one that Middle Earth trilogy that's taking everyone by storm! :cool:

Here's where we can discuss Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and Return of the King (it's probably best if spoilers for the latter are blacked out until it's release).

We can also discuss the actors, directos and all other titbits associated with LOTR here...considering that our FF is still small and having separate threads for each aspect is not practical. ;) Thanks top Darth_Eagle for the tip :) and thanks to Xan too who agreed on a thread for this. :D

Oh and I guess the LOTR books can go in here too. :D

Let's kick it off shall we? Oh, nothing like some gorgeous pics to put us all in the mood...Xan? Where are ya girl? This should be a bit of a surprise! ;)

[image=http://www.film-fix.com/cult/lord-of-the-rings.jpg][image=http://www.posterplanet.net/images/twotowersb.jpg] [image=http://www.lordoftherings.net/legend/gallery/images/rotk/image23.jpg]

I couldn't find the official movie poster pic for ROTK. Maybe once I get it, I can get it edited in. :D

Okay people, the floor is open! :D Let's talk Middle Earth! :)

2. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ooh, thread's up! :D And with some cool pics, too ... I like the last one, but I bet that's to be expected. :D

Hmmm ... I'll have to see if I can find the official ROTK movie poster, or the teaser poster anyway. ;)

Incidentally, anyone got the TTT EE yet? Is it good?
  3. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Ah, haven't got it yet, Xan. :( Hoping to this year or in early part of January. :D

Xan I think Mauly has mentioned that she was getting the TTT:EE. And in fact, so did Qonas. :D

As for the teaser poster, I can look around...which one is it Xan? Tell me what it's supposed to look like and I can try and post it here. :cool: Is it the one with Aragon on horse back or Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas? :)
  4. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think it was the one with Aragorn's face on it, staring straight and holding the hilt of a sword like a wine glass. Yes, that's really what I thought it was the first time I saw it. :p
  5. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yep, I think I've see it Xan... :D

Wine glass, eh? 8-} Most interesting...hmm! [face_mischief]
  6. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Xan, looky what I found, girl! :D Okay, this may not be the exact one but this is a real beauty, so I couldn't resist! :D It seems to have quite a bit of artwork in it! :cool:

[image=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/LOTRARAGORNWHORSE.jpg]

There's one of the elf too. ;) And when I see the close up shot of Aragon I'll post it here! :D
  7. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Whoa .. I like! :D

Ooh ... I went to lordoftherings.net, and they have some very cool pics there. Usually the official sites don't have much of them, but this one does. :D There's this one of Legolas, which I won't post as a picture because it's from ROTK.

EDIT - They have the poster there, too. :D

[image=http://www.lordoftherings.net/legend/downloads/rotkteaser/images/aragorn_poster.jpg]
  8. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Why...it's Aragorn and the wine glass! [face_laugh]

Argh...spoiler pic? I am gonna peek at this one...I love Lego pics! [face_love]

Saw the one where he, Aragorn and Gandalf are standing together? :cool: Nice one...

Is the release date the 20th, Xan? :confused:

Edit:

Saw the pic...that was my wallpaer just last week...of course, I had a bigger pic of him with Aragorn. You may have seen it. :D

Orli is looking lovely! [face_love]
  9. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I saw that one ... was goina link that, but I thought one with just Legolas would be better. :p It's not really a spoiler per se, but I know some people who are really obsessive about going spoiler-free ... so I thought I better link it. :p

Over here, the release date's the 17th ... I think. Can't say I really remember. :p
  10. openmind Jedi Master

star 4
    I know nothing about LOTR. Saw the first two. Pretty awesome. First one was more enchanting though, IMO. Totally free from spoilage for ROTK, which I WILL see.

I've not read the books either, while I believe most fans have.

Should be a good closing chapter. Look forward to it.

11. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, me too. It's supposed to be the best of the three. :D
  12. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I so killed the thread. :p

Anyway ... I got the TTT EE!! :D It's absolutely brilliant. You don't start going "Oh man, this is too long," halfway through. I barely noticed that it was so long.

And the easter egg! Gollum accepting his MTV Award = teh funny. [face_laugh] They censored out all the swear in it, which just made it funnier actually ... there were so many beeps. :p
  13. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I gotten the TTT:EE Gift Box the day it get sold in Singapore. :p My usual Video Shop give me the call the day it start putting it on display.

And what can I say; I LOVE it! [face_love] So many stuffs had been explained more and so many relationship between the main characters had been explored. If not for the fact that the only PC in the house that can read Region 1 had throw temper tantrum (DVD-Rom refuse to read any CD), I would had watch/listen to it everyday. :p

Oh! 10 more days till ROTK is released in Singapore on Dec 17th/18th (the ROTK Sneak Previews & LOTR Marathons on Dec 17th). And I still got lots of sewing to do. :_|

Check out also if your City is having any Line Party here ;)
    LOTR Line Party
  14. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh yeah ... the extra scenes were great and they really explained the bits that seemed a bit thin in the theatrical version. :D Like (highlighted just in case there are people here that haven't seen the EE and want to be unspoiled, pointless as that may be)Brego coming for Aragorn really makes more sense now that we know that Aragorn let him go in the first place. The extra scenes I really liked were the Sons of Denethor one and the last scene in which Merry and Pippin find the food.

I'm still not through the documentaries ... I'm about halfway through the third disc now. :D

*checks out site*

Ooo ... lookie, they're having a line party in KL ... I'm so going. :D
  15. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    DarthXan318, you may want to check out what those at the LOTRIEN Forum are cooking up for LOTR this Dec. ;) I know there is an Official LOTR Party being organized next week (wish I can come down to KL but I'm busy with the events here and broke).
  16. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    LOL ... you know more about stuff happening in KL than I do. :p

*adds site to bookmarks*
  17. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Wow! [face_shocked] Now I'm really excited.

Xan I contacted my friend in the USA about the LOTR DVDs...hopefully I'll have them in a months time. Can't wait! :D

I hope it will be great...I have seen a bootleg version of the FOTR. But it skipped a lot and I returned it. It had the extra scenes in it and I loved the bit where they bid farewell to Aragon and his household before leaving Rivendale. :)

There were so many cool Orli bits too. I can't believe we lost so much Legolas time on the theatre version.

Darth_Eagle, great that you could join us...this is exciting stuff. You guys are so lucky...you must tell me how the movie went. :D

Well, tell me if it's even better than you expected it to be! [face_love]

Have you guys seen the Newsweek article on LOTR:ROTK?

It had Viggo Mortesen on the cover...and it was a huge spread. :cool:
  18. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Waitwait ... you won't be able to watch it over there? Why? That's practically sacrilege!

I haven't seen any articles on ROTK, actually. I know 5 minutes into the movie I'm gonna forget everything I've read about it anyway ... so I'm not gonna bother. :p
  19. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah Xan...sad isn't it? The first movie was a big thing over here. Then the second never came. :_|

If they do show ROTK, it won't be immediately. :( Maybe next year...Jan perhaps... *looks hopefull*

As for the article in Newsweek...there were some nice bits of info there. A funny leggy moment too! ;)

20. openmind Jedi Master

star 4
    Then the second never came.

Kidding right? Actually I believe you. I remember some years back Titanic apparently came to SL in 2000!

I'll be seeing ROTK probably on the 20th or the week after, at my part of the world.Y es, usually upto date :D
  21. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Not kidding man...uh uh! :(

I remember some years back Titanic apparently came to SL in 2000!

Aiyooo, yeah openmind. :( And the Titanic fever stayed for so long too. *shakes head*

There were Titanic shirts, shorts, shoes, bags, cups...just seeing the merchandise drove me bananas. How can you wear Titanic shorts? For crying out loud? [face_laugh]

Now why can't they be nice and show us ROTK? Oh BTW, they're showing X2 here...funny no? The delay isn't too bad. ;) And one theatre is even showing The Italian Job. [face_laugh]

Lucky you, openmind. ;) This part will really be fantastic, too. [face_shocked] :D
  22. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm gonna watch ROTK on this Mon cause I won a pair of tickets to the VISA ROTK Gala Premiere! :D I entered this roadshow yesterday where we played some sort of Swords and Vines (aka Snakes & Ladders) game and managed to secure the ticket within 2 Dice throw.

Now to figure out who is going to accompany me to the event. Think Arwen and Witchking looks okay? [face_laugh] Or Arwen & Elrond? Or Arwen & Gollum?

Ps: I'm feeling like Palpatine now when he arrived on the 2nd Death Star, over the LOTR Outing I'm organizing for the FFSG members and friends, and me being able to attend the Gala Premiere. ;)
    "Everything is going as I had forseen . . ." [face_devil]
  23. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    LOL!

Man, you're lucky! Either that, or you're really good at snakes and ladders. :p I can never win at that ... I get to the top real quick then get busted down. :(

I think they had a ROTK carnival here, too ... but I couldn't go today. :( Hopefully, they still have contests and stuff tomorrow though ... :D

Hmm ... try Arwen and the Witch King. The Elvish princess and the biggest baddie of them all besides Sauron ... it has a bit of irony to it. :p [face_mischief]
  24. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ROTK!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Saw it on the opening day.

Ruled.

SW = pwn3d :p
  25. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Ohhh, brilliant Xan! :D

I so envy you. ;)

Well, the video should arrive here soon...the bootleg version, y'know. And then there's my Extended editions that are due to arrive soon! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.