main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth (PC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jango10, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
  2. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Its only on PC as strategy games aren't exactly ideal on consoles (mouse beats that).

But anyway the game looks really promosing :) I can't wait to play it :D

3. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    It looks cool. But my computer isn't the best for gaming though.

4. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Depends per genre really, strategy game are usually better on the PC, same goes to FPS and some other genres.

Not sure if its true overall.

But anyway that's off topic and perhaps deserve on its own :D

I like the way how in the game infantry "cheer" when they win a battle (morale boost) and run away when they face a huge enemy. Makes the entire thing feel more realistic :)

5. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I thought there was already a thread on this?

This is one of the most anticipated games of the year according to gamespot

Should be awesome

6. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    I meant my computer isn't the best for gaming.

I know that some games are better for computer then for console. Espically strategy games. I may get this one though.

7. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I thought it was a MMORPG?? No? Well good seeing as I avoid those things like the plague, and I would love to have a truly decent LotR game to play.

I am still extremely huffy about Third Age.

8. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    It's only for PC? Crap. I was looking forward to playing it.

9. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Yep it is only for PC, it looks like an awesome game though.

10. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I thought it was a MMORPG?? No? Well good seeing as I avoid those things like the plague, and I would love to have a truly decent LotR game to play.

There is an MMORPG coming. ;)

I am still extremely huffy about Third Age.

I am glad I waited for the EGM review instead of buying it right away like ROTK. :)

11. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Image HIGH RES

[image=http://img7.exs.cx/img7/7543/BFME.jpg]

12. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Why do you say that? Is Third Age not any good?

13. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    No. It's boring as heck. You fight the same monsters OVER AND OVER again. You barely get to play as the real Fellowship.

I was hoping you could at least create your own Fellowship, but no, you have to use the games boring characters.

You also get to see the same animations OVER AND OVER again.

Other than that, the scenery is cool.

14. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    High Res Box

[image=http://img77.exs.cx/img77/6010/04-box.jpg]

This game should be great.

Download this movie (provided by ME-MW.com)(WARNING These are big files that show spoilers:

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/rpgplanet/memw/movies/pc_gameplay_intro_high.zip

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/rpgplanet/memw/movies/pc_gameplay_full_large_part1.zip

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/rpgplanet/memw/movies/pc_gameplay_full_large_newpart2.zip

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/rpgplanet/memw/movies/pc_gameplay_full_large_part3.zip

15. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow, this game looks awesome. I'd think my computer could handle it, it plays Sims2 with no problem, and that game is pretty massive. I don't know if I'll rush out to get this, though. I may wait for the price to go down some. But the images look beyond words. Does this follow the adventures of the movie(s)? As in, will we see Gandalf, Aragorn, etcetera, etcetera?

~Vassago

16. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    It follows the events of the movies as far as battles go, but I don't know if you will see Aragorn or any of them. Maybe they will be playable characters.

17. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hero characters could play out similarly to Warcraft III, but I'm unsure of that.

This is one game I'm dying to play. The Third Age doesn't interest me as much, and after the debacle that was Sierra's strategy title 'War of the Ring', this looks far more promising.

18. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    " Does this follow the adventures of the movie(s)? As in, will we see Gandalf, Aragorn, etcetera, etcetera? "

Watch the videos I posted links to.

This game has everything you start in Moria with the whole fellowship, you as the player controls the destiny of the characters you can allow Gandalf to "die" as he did in the movies or have Gandalf survive the Mines same goes for Boromir, you as the play choose the destiny of the characters of middle earth.

You can play on the good side as the fellowship, rohan, Gondor or as the evil side as Mordor and Saruman armies.

The game isnt as massive as Rome Total war but it gives you something thats even better instead of having HUGE armies you have smaller armies but very detailed and very animated characters. The units react to fear, they can charge with hope in their eyes or loss of hope. Horseman can be kicked off their horses. As shown in ROTK, the Mordor armies can catapult heads to provoke fear into the hearts of the Gondor soldies. And this does effect the soldies, you actually have to rally them. If they go into a battle sad and very hopeless you have no chance in winning, but if they go into battle chearing, taunting, happy, they will kill the opposing armies.

The Dead Army is in the game, they can only show up for 2 minutes though.

Also, the game ships with a level editor and tools, to make your own BFME levels, mods. And of course there is multiplayer, no random level button but EA has made over 15 great levels that players can play against each other on the internet.

EA has also confirmed that they are making a expansion pack to this game.

19. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    I've been wanting to play a good RTS game lately, and might have to pick this up since AoE3 is a ways off I think.

20. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I want it but I'm kind of skeptical. I saw some gameplay on tv where some guy was playing the Minas Tirith battle and it was exactly same as the movie until the end.

21. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Well the guy must have loved the movie and tried to reinact the movie in the game.

You go do good vs good.

As the player you control the destiny

22. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I have heard some very promising things about this game. So I hope that it lives up to the stories. Should be a damn good game if it does.

I remember hearing about this game a looong time ago, like during the summer. Looked really cool then, and even better now.

Good Vs. Good? How exactly does that work?

23. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Watch it here

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/rpgplanet/memw/movies/whatifrohangondor_high.zip

You have to register to fileplanet though

But check it out

24. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    The review is up at IGN. They ended up giving it an 8.3, which isn't as high as I thought it'd be, but it's still a solid score none the less.

25. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Reviews around the world of this game

http://www.rpgplanet.com/memw/temp/b4me/reviewscores.shtml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.