main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by spacelady, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The Return of the King, the final battle for Middle Earth. Aragorn must make a decision: to become what he was destined to be, the King of Gondor, or to remain the way he is. Frodo, Sam, and Gollum are getting closer and closer to Mt. Doom, betrayal becoming deeper. The enemy growing within their own walls. This is the end.

Character Sheets:

Name:
    Side: (Good/Bad)
    Bio:

Characters already taken:

Aragorn and Legolas by Corran
    Elrond and Theoden by Carl_Jones
    Frodo and Merry by Jango
    Sam and Pippin by Arwen-Jade
    Eomer, Faramir, and Treebeard by Grishnakh
    Gimil, Gandalf, Ring Wraiths, and Sauron's Army by Balis_Bane_of_Men
    Galadriel by Spacelady
    Arwen by Dayel_Durin
    Denethor by Bounty_Hunter_Boba
    Eowyn by Cow_Girl

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Name: Donvan
    Race: Man
    Side: Good (but Bad when he becomes Oblivion)
    Bio: Donvan is a man who wanders across Middle-Earth, occasionally fighting against the Orcs, Sauron and Sarumon. But he usually finds no need, he needs a lot of persuasion and meaning to be prodded into fighting, he is known as, "Donvan, son of none." For he has no parents, he was abandoned at birth and was raised by different families throughout his life, till he was 14, where he left family life and went out on his own. He travels almost everywhere on foot. At the time ROTK begins, Donvan has a black bladed sword that has a blood red hilt. It has a dark power and thing that exists within that seeps into his mind sometimes when he uses it. Taking control of him. The sword and the evil version of Donvan is known as Oblivion. His life was about to get very turbulent....

First post as Donvan in ROTK. ;)

edit: First post period actually. :D

Donvan IC: Donvan slowly limped and hobbled his way out of the cave, using a walking stick, and looked about him wondering what was to happen to him and Middle-Earth.

tag: anyone

3. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Name: Vanawenthwen Greenleaf
    Appearance: Tall (5'9"), Slender, Beautiful Hazel Eyes, Long Dark Staright Brown Hair w/ Blonde Highlits (usually down, tied back in a ponytail or in a beautiful half ponytail), wears feminine clothes and is an awesome figther (bows/ arrows and is skilled w/ a blade and elven knives).
    Side: Good
    Bio: Vanawenthwen has been together with Dallyra and the others in a decoy Fellowship, as their latest battle was won, now as Frodo approaches closly to Mordor, Vanawenthwen (Princess) believes there is still hope.

OCC: First post as Vanawenthwen in ROTK

Vanawenthwen

As the new day arised, Vanawenthwen smiled as she woke up from her short rest, as she realized the healers had healed her wounds, and changed her torn clothes into a deep purple gown, as the long sleeves pooled around her feet.

TAG: All

4. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Name: Dallyra Leatherleaf
    Appearance: Golden hair, shimmering blue eyes, tall, slender, and beautiful
    Race: Elf
    Bio: Dallyra is the youngest daughter to Lord Elrond and sister to Arwen. After the meeting in Rivendell- deciding to have a fellowship to destroy the ring and to make a decoy- Dallyra met up and fell in love with Link Riverflow. She led the decoy fellowship for a time untill the Fellowship and the decoy came to a split road, tearing the two apart. Now they are different paths, searching for a way to stop all the evil. Finally after the longest night at Helm's Deep, Dallyra's hope was restored as Gandalf and more warriors came. Her and Link have grown even closer.

IC as Dallyra

Dallyra and the rest of the group made it into Fangorn forest. Artaq moved with fear, she hated Ents, but Dallyra would have to give her a hopeful rub on the side of her neck with her slender hands. She glanced around, wondering when the end of the forest was going to come into view.

TAG: Gandalf's Group

5. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

As Vanawenthwen and the others rode through Fargorn Forest, each of them grew desperate, trying to find their way out.
    Vanawenthwen patted Silma, then looked around her, for some reason the Forest reminded her of Mirkwood, her home, which she missed a lot...

TAG: All

6. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Nevermind...putting an OC in something like this would be too difficult for a newcomer like me (I wouldn't know where to start), and all the nice-and-easy canon characters are taken, I think... :( And I was looking forward to this one, too... (missed both of the other ones)

7. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Guess we're riding. :p

Donvan IC: Donvan limped along on his feet, moving only because of his walking stick, far behind Gandalf and the others. He had been asked a few times to ride with some Rohan soldiers, but politely declined each time, his pride and preference to walking too strong for him to get up on a horse.

"I wonder what Sauron will do now," he mused to himself.

tag: anyone or no one

8. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Name: Lady Elena
    Appearance: blonde hair, green eyes, 5'6''
    Side: good
    Race: human
    Bio: A minor noble from Rohan, she is good with horses, and a fairly decent shot with a bow and arrow. She is the youngest in her family, has three brothers, and her mother died when she was seven. Growing up in a household of men has made her long to be in battle and weary of sitting around with other ladies.

IC as Lady Elena

Elena set off to find Gandalf, hoping he wouldn't order her to stay with the womenfolk.

Tag: Gandalf

9. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: **Just a note** Please remember that we need to stay together, not like TTT, because then someone is going to have to wait for everyone else to catch up. That's probably going to be Jango and Arwen-Jade. :p

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Jedi_Jessie_Anne, if you want I can pm you with help that you need with characters, where to start, ect. :)

11. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Alright, I've been looking forward to this one.

Name: Dimitri Elester
    Appearance: Dark brown hair, navy blue eyes, 5 foot 9, slender yet strong.
    Bio: One of the many Riders of Rohan, Dimitri survived the long battle of Helm's Deep, following the aid of his King by Gandalf the White. With the evil of Mordor scattered, he awaits to return home to his family ... and to discover the fate of the war ahead.

OOC: First post shortly.

12. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: This is a joint post between Elu and myself. ;) :) And welcome back everyone, I missed you all! :_| :p But on a serious note, :p , welcome Kartanym. :)

IC:

Donvan continued to limp along the path through the forest, looking at the ents from time to time, uncertain.

"Walking trees, be some dark magic, I believe," he muttered.

He strolled off from the trail and went off by himself, he would catch up some time. For now, he might as well go take a walk through more pleasing, and wild, scenery as he traveled.

Dallyra glanced back, she able to see a small form of Donvan. She felt that her sword was nearby, so she quietly slipped away from the group and made her way to Donvan

Donvan hobbled along amiably and looked at the approaching rider. Maybe his brains had been more scrambled than he thought or Dallyra was actually riding up to him. Why would that be? After he had attempted to kill her and Link during the battle of Helm's Deep?

He shook his head softly, he still didn't understand what had happened during that battle, why he had lost control of his body and had attacked the people that he considered friends. In either case, it had happened and now she was riding up to him, she was slightly tense.

"Probably expecting me to lash out like some beast," he murmured.

Stopping briefly he acknowledged her, "Hello Dallyra."

Dallyra rode beside Donvan for awhile, staying quiet, finally she spoke softly. "What happened at Helm's Deep?"

Donvan rode in silence and looked at her with a blank expression at the question. He looked back down as he rode and thought. Donvan thought of it for a long time before glancing back up at the elf and answering honestly.

"I don't know...I am sorry for what I had done."

As Dallyra and Donvan rode together, she knew what he did could not be forgiven, his grip was was almost deadly to her, and the fight between Link and him was also deadly. If Link was killed or hurt, she would've never been able to forgive him, but she saw the truth in his eyes as she looked into them. After a moment of staying silent, Dallyra smiled light, placing her soft hand on his shoulder. "It is forgiven, my friend."

Donvan gave a rough smile in return, "Acts of evil and betrayal are never forgiven until the ones who began it are put down." Donvan looked hastily away and at where he was going.

Dallyra glanced up and was able to see the end of the forest coming. Her eyes returned to Donvan. "Come." She leaned down, whispering into Artaq's ear. "Noro lim Artaq." Artaq took off galloping quickly to catch up with the rest of the group.

TAG: Gandalf?s Group and Isenguard

13. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    May I be Gollum, I didn't see him reserved. I can't post a sheet until tomorrow though.

14. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    OOC: Alright! Return of the King is here! Time for Aragorn to shine! :D I'll go ahead and post all my character Bios; i've got 2 main characters and 2 made-up characters. And here they are!

Name: Aragorn, son of Arathorn. Known also as Strider, Elessar, or Estel.

Sex: Male

Race: Dúnedain

Appearence: Green eyes, dark brown hair, shoulder-length, stands about 6 feet tall

Primary Weapon: Warrior's sword. 5 feet long, ideal for speed, agility and strength.

Secondary Weapons: Elven hunting knife presented to him by Celeborn in Lorien. Also carries a smaller version of an Elven longbow.

Biography: Aragorn is perhaps the greatest warrior in all of Middle-Earth. He is the last descendant of the ancient Kings of Men, dating all the way back to Isildur. Raised by Elrond himself in the city of Rivendell, furthering his skills and wisdom. He soon fell deeply in love with Elrond's daughter, Arwen, and has pledged his love to her. Instead of claiming his rightful place as King, Aragorn sought the life of exile as a Ranger, protecting the area around The Shire and Bree. Aragorn fears his destiny, and if he'll be able to succeed where Isildur failed. Nonetheless, Aragorn swore his sword to the Fellowship to destroy the One Ring, promising to protect Frodo Baggins with his life.

However, when the Fellowship was broken on the shores of Amon Hen, Aragorn traveled with Legolas and Gimli to Rohan, where they soon were reunited with Gandalf. In Rohan, Aragorn came across Rohan's King Theoden, and Lady Eowyn. Aragorn fought bravely in the Battle of Helm's Deep, holding the defenses long enough for Gandalf to arrive and turn the tide of the battle. Aragorn now rides with Gandalf East towards Isengard. He no longer fears his destiny, and will do that it takes to see Sauron defeated.

Name: Legolas Greenleaf

Race: Elven

Appearence: Bright blue eyes, long blond hair, stands a little over six feet tall.

Primary Weapon: Lorien longbow. Presented to him by Lady Galadriel in Lothlorien. Deadly accurate at extreme range.

Secondary Weapons: White Knives. Dual Elven swords with blades measuring a little under two feet in length. Wielded effectively in both hands.

Biography: Son of Thranduil, and Prince of the Mirkwood Elves, Legolas is regarded as one of the greatest marksmen with a bow in all of Middle Earth, able to react with lightning reflexes and deadly accuracy. Little is known about Legolas' past before traveling to Rivendell for the Council of Elrond, but it is likely he led the defense of the Mirkwood borders, honing his skills with the bow.

Legolas proved to be a great benefit to the Fellowship, especially in the mines of Moria. When the Fellowship broke, Legolas continued on with Aragorn and Gimli, developing a strong bond with each of them. Legolas' skills were put to their greatest test at the Battle of Helm's Deep, where many Uruk-hai felt the sting of his powerful arrows. He continues to stand at Aragorn's side, ready to face whatever dangers lie ahead.

Name: Link Riverflow

Race: Elven

Appearence: Shimmering hazel eyes, dark brown hair, falling just below his shoulders, stands a little over six feet tall.

Primary Weapon: Lorien longbow. Similar to the one carried by Legolas, Link's bow was given to him many years ago, when he helped defend Lothlorien. It's string was blessed with a hair from Lady Galadriel herself.

Secondary Weapons: Twin Elven short swords, much like those wielded by Legolas. Also carries several small throwing daggers.

Biography: A bit of a rogue, Link is ever ready to face the Enemy. Instead of proceeding to the East with most of his people, Link has stayed in Middle-Earth to see to that the Enemy is defeated. A native of Mirkwood, Link grew up and developed a friendship with the prince Legolas

15. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Sure Darth-Zame43, if you want, you don't have to post a character bio, but if you want to, then have at it! :)

16. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: Awesome! I can't wait to have my character up.

Quick question, whats not allowed for OC's? Like race, background?

17. Grishnakh

Grishnakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    Good, Return of the King! Corran-Horn, I must point out, Aragorn is 88, his 88th birthday was when he met Gandalf in Fangorn. But if you are going by the movie, he is probably 87. Just had to say that! :D

I am playing Eomer, Faramir and Treebeard.

IC: as Eomer

Eomer rode with Gandalf through the trees, he was very suspicious of these trees. They could see Isengard in the distance...

18. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Character: Earendil

Description: black hair, black eyes, long unkempt hair due to lots of voyaging.

Race: Elf. Father to Elrond, Grandfather of Dallyra Leatherleaf.

Bio:The mariner who sailed the Great Sea at the end of the First Age. He long sought a way to Aman, to seek the aid of the Valar against Morgoth, but the way was hidden. After the Sons of Fëanor attacked the Exiles of Gondolin seeking the Silmaril, Elwing his wife escaped and came to him at sea, through the power of Ulmo, in the shape of a white sea-bird bearing the Silmaril

Through the power of the jewel, it is said, Eärendil was at last able to find a way to the Undying Lands, and there stood before the Valar and begged their aid in the wars against Morgoth. The Valar listened to his plea, and sent the great force that finally conquered the Dark Lord and freed Middle-earth.

Eärendil's father was a Man, and his mother an Elf, so he and his wife Elwing and their sons were given the choice of race to which they wished to belong. Elwing chose Elvenkind, and Eärendil did so too for her sake.

He now sails the high airs with the Silmaril upon his brow, shining as the morning and evening star.

IC:

At the end of the First Age, and after the dawnfall of Morgoth when the Valar crossed the grinding ice and entered the Great Lands and brought ruin and flood to end the Dark Lord's realm, Earendil son of Tuor and Idril of Gondolin was given the seemingly never ending task to guard the Door of the Night at the End of the World behind which Morgoth was imprisoned, chained for the second time by the Valar.

In his longship, Earendil drifted in the sky past stars and moon ? the guardian of the Dark Lord. He had the greatest of all treasures ? the last of three Silmarils, but his heart was grieved for his wife had fallen and the last he had heard of his sons they were in the halls of the Noldoli, being cared by Maedros, the one handed, eldest son of Feanor.

So it was that as the years of the Third Age passed, Ulmo, Vala of the Sea called for this Elf and Earendil obediently set the silver sail and steered into the western ocean not far from the Island of Tol Eressea where the Solosimpi dwell still.

?Trouble haunts the Great Lands,? Ulmos said.

?What has that got to do with me?? Earendil asked.

The council of Valar have decided that Elwing shall be returned from the Halls of Mandos, the Land of the Dead so that you can live in peace with her once again, if you go and help the Free People of Middle Earth in the war against the Dark Lord.?

?But Morgoth is captured and Sauron was destroyed.?

?Yet the spirit of Sauron endured. His spirit is bound to a ring. But this is unimportant to you. Orcs arise from the mud, Dark Creatures twist and take shape in the shadows. The fires rise high. It may be also be that Balrogs and serpents will roam the world.?

?So what?s my task?? Earendil asked.

?Go to Middle Earth and kill all you can.?

The Elf needed no second bidding. He moved towards the tiller of his longboat, the long lever which controlled the rudder, and swung it around, heading straight into the East.

Towards Middle Earth.

19. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    First Character:

Name: Harikad Obuelsi

Race: Human (Haradrim)

Primary Weapon: Haradrim Toxic Bow. A bow built from the supple wood of a revered grove of trees in Near Harad, when coupled with arrows dipped in asp venom, it becomes a deadly sharpshooter's tool.

Secondary Weapons: Twin Battle Scimitars. Forged in ancient iron mines long lost to men, these traditional curved shortswords are used only if a Haradrim's mûmak should fall.

Appearance: Bright yellow eyes, black matted hair. Has large black tatoos on his face and a ring through his nose.

Side: Evil (Haradrim, minions of Sauron)

Bio: As a boy, Harikad tended the mûmak (Oliphaunt) herds because his father was the chieftan of their tribe. When they both had time off their duties, his father brought him to the chieftan's hut and taught him about the world. <Harikad,> he would say in the grunty language of Near Harad, <One day you will be the chieftan. You will take my place. And a great war will come. For years, the lord Sauron has watched over us, never letting us come to harm, even when the western Men attacked us long ago. But the westerners are greedy and hungry for war. They long to overthrow Sauron and claim his land of Mordor for their own. The evil men from the west will try to storm the gates of our noble lord Sauron. You must help to fend them off. Can you do that? Can you protect us and the lord Sauron from the vile filth from the West?>

<Yes, father,> Harikad always said, <I will not fail you. I will defeat the evil ones and protect Mordor.> Over the years, the chieftan taught him many things in preparation for the Great War, as he called it. When he father died, he took over control over the Obuelsi tribe. Even now, he makes sure the Mûmakil are healthly, and awaits the summons from a Wraith of Lord Sauron that the time for battle has come.

OOC: I've wanted to join TTT, but it was so near to the end that I decided to wait for ROTK. Anyway, would it be possible to RP as the spirit and Eye of Sauron?

20. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: Here's my character, hope its alright.

Name: Lord Raven Bloodchylde
    Race: Dúnedain
    Appearance:
    [image=http://www.csh.rit.edu/~halle/dimmesdale.jpg]
    [image=http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/dlcs_gallery/DLCS_PG205.jpg]
    Weapon: A five foot long morningstar named The Crypt Warden
    Bio: Not much is known about Raven except that he is the son of Duke Bloodchylde and a well renowned Battle-Mage. He had studied in the mystic arts at a young age as well as basic combat. He trained on his own and combined the two together to become a formidable warrior. He had secretly had the local blacksmith make a large morningstar crafted in which he trained to use for combat. When the Sauron?s forces pushed against their gates, Raven led his people as Captain of their Army and fought bravely to the last man... which was himself. He stood on the battlefield quietly looking to all of the dead orcs, goblins, trolls and even his own people. Not one was left alive. The city he had fought so hard to protect was in ruin, and he turned from the land, having nothing to rule. People refer to him as Lord Bloodchylde and the name has stuck with him as a curse rather than the praise the people of Middle Earth refer to it as.

21. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    OOC: Grishnahk, I did indeed know that Aragorn was 88. However, like you said, I am going by the movie ;)

~Corran

22. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Hey Zedd-Vega, in your character bio, the top picture, is that the guy who plays Sirius Black, in Harry Potter?? :D

23. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: It's Gary Oldman from The Scarlet Letter. He's known for other roles in many other movies.

In my own opinion, Harry Potter movies scare me. Not really into them really, neither the movies or the books.

24. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Oh, er, okay, sorry. :) Balis_Bane_of_Men pmed me yesterday, saying that he is going to be gone, until tomorrow, so I'm going to post as Gandalf and or Gimil, just until he comes back. :)

IC as Dallyra

Dallyra caught up with the group, quietly slipping back into her place from before. She was still uneasy from the Ent. She had never been near one before. Without thinking, Dallyra's hands gripped tightly onto the rein.

TAG: Group and Isenguard

IC as Gandalf

As Gandalf led the group from Helm's Deep, he noticed that the end of the forest came up. He continued forward until they could all see two small Hobbits, siting on the wall. Isenguard was flooded, up to the knees of the horses.

TAG: Group, Merry, and Pippin

25. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004

Name: Eleniel

Race: Elf

Appearance: golden-blonde hair, grey eyes, slender, approx. 5' 7"

Weapon(s):Primarily a Lothlorien longbow. Secondary weapons include a dagger and a sword.

Bio: Born and raised in Lorien, but while journeying to Mirkwood to visit relatives, her parents were killed by orcs. Now she wanders throughout Fangorn forest, killing any orcs that cross her path.

My first post will be up later...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.