main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by spacelady, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny_Depp

Johnny_Depp Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2004
    EDIT: Oops, wrong thread.

2. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Name: Michael Thompson

Race: ELF

Weapons: A bow and arrow.

Appereance: Is the prettiest man alive. Nobody looks as good as him.

Bio: Nobody is as good as him with a bow. Period.

3. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen rode to Isengard silently, as her thoughts traced back and forth from her mind, only to hear the soft voice of Dallyra and Donvan's whisper in the background. She smiled to herself lightly, knowing that Isengard was closer than they expected...
    Vanawenthwen turned towards Dallyra, smiling at her and Link softly, then spoke up.
    "We are going to be there soon, we must rest, we must be calm".

TAG: All

4. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Dallyra

Dallyra glanced at Vana, smiling, she nodded slightly. "Yes, my friend." She glanced around the woods, just as they left them. "Are they not like Mirkwood?" She smiled and motioned towards the forest.

TAG: Vana and Isenguard

5. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    Character: Radagast the Brown
    "What do you mean you never heard of me?" He asked, "Doesn't any one read books anyone?"

The Brown wizard and his love, Anwyn rode towards thier appointment with destiny at "THE PATHS OF THE DEAD"

6. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawentwhen

Vanawenthwen smiled back at Dallyra and shook her head, as her msile got wider, Merry and Pippen were close. "You can say that Mirkwood is more calm, more beautiful, my home"...

7. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Dallyra

Dallyra smiled as she thought of Mirkwood, when Vana and herself were younger, she would visit her and Legolas all the time. She missed those days, when war and death were the last thing on their minds. She also remembered that she first met Link there. She bit her lip, trying to get the grin off her lips. After a long moment, Dallyra finally glanced up, seeing Merry and Pippin eating and smoking apon the wall.

TAG: Vana and Isenguard

8. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Lord Raven Bloodchylde

The sun had risen. He felt the warmth that the morning was to bring, but even then, not even the light of the sun could penetrate the darkness that had befallen Middle Earth.

He had heard rumors of Aragorn, son of Arathorn as well as what was known only to few as the Fellowship of the Ring were confronting Saurons forces after an epic battle at Helm's Deep. He had also heard that King Theoden of Rohan had regained his throne and he and the Riders of Rohan were confronting more of Saurons forces.

"Perhaps I can ask King Theoden if I may help. It's only a few miles east of here, I shall waste no time."

He harnessed up his jet-black steed known as Enesstrere and hopped on. A gift from the elves of Mirkwood, Enesstrere has served Raven well and will continue to do so. Without haste, he made his way to Rohan with astounding speed.

TAG: Anyone in Rohan

9. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    IC: Merry

Merry saw a band of men, lead by a white wizard, ride towards him and Pippin.

"Haha! Welcome, my lords, to Isengard, now under new management!"

10. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen let out a small giggle as she saw Merry and Pippen, then spoke up.
    "It is so good to see you again Merry and Pippen, I am glad you two are safe"....

11. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Gimil

Gimil looked up at Merry and Pippin, still holding on to Legolas. "You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and... and smoking!"

TAG: Merry and Pippin

IC as Dallyra

Dallyra giggled to herself as she glanced up at Link. It was good to see some of her old friends still safe.

TAG: Merry and Pippin

12. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Lord Raven Bloodchylde

Indeed, his steed was fast, even as fast as many of the elven horses. Enesstrere was one of the fastest bred horses alive, next to the remaining few.

Continuing east at his amazing speed, Raven neared the Gap of Rohan which to the left of that took one straight to Isengard, home of some foul orcs and the even more terrible Saruman. For some reason, being a Battle-Mage, the ancient arts of magic still intrigued him and he'd study any scriptures he could find. Perhaps there would be some tomes or scrolls that he could find to his liking.

"It would be wise to stay away from Isengard, but maybe, just maybe, I could find something to aid myself in this oncoming war..." He pulled the reins of his steed and they made their way off to Isengard.

The road was well worn, probably from Orc patrols or something of the like. Tree's were ripped from the ground, leaving nothing more than craters from where they once stood proud and strong. This worried him indeed.

But sudden;y, to his surprise, a lone tower came into view. No smoke from Orc machines, no growling or roars from the bowels of the hellish spot. He rode quicker to catch a better view. Raven then spotted a few other adventurers. He did not know them, and thought it best not to surprise them in the least.

"There is no way around..." He said quietly to himself. He looked and hailed the adventurers. "Greetings friends! I am Lord Raven Bloodchylde and may I inquire if this is indeed Isengard?"

TAG: All at Isengard

OOC: Just trying to get my character in. Plus, I checked my Middle Earth map, so I could've taken the detour anyhow. :D

13. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    We have some new Players and Characters, Thats exciting, Welcome! :)

Name: Eowyn
    Appearance: [image=http://www.crueldomain.hpg.ig.com.br/eowynpromo2.jpg]
    Side: Good
    Bio: Éowyn was the daughter of Éomund, chief Marshal of the Mark, and Théodwyn, King Théoden's sister. Éomund died when Éowyn was only 7 years old, and Théodwyn died of grief soon afterwards. Théoden took in Éowyn and her older brother, Éomer, and attempted to raise them as his own children.

Name: Anwyn Canterlily
    Appearance:[image=http://www.alanesart.com/galleries/People/people-full/Camilla.jpg]
    Bio: Born into nobility of Rohan, Anwyn has long since left her home and renounced her title as a Lady of Rohan. Anwyn now rides towards the Paths of the Dead in the Company of Radagast the Brown.

14. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Oops! :p I forgot to post Galadriel's character bio. :p

Name: Galadriel (Lady of the Golden Wood, The White Lady)

Race: Elf

Appearance: [image=http://www.quintessentialwebsites.com/lordoftherings/movieshots_bk2/galadriel_white2.jpg]

Bio: In the Second Age, Galadriel founded and became Queen of Lorien, during the War of the Ring, She provided shelter, and gave great gifts to the members of the Fellowship.

OOC: I just got an email from Dayel, she was pretty busy, so she asked me to post Arwen's character bio for her. :)

Name: Arwen Evenstar

Race: Elf

Appearance: [image=http://www.fantasyplanet.cz/gfx/pictures_clanky/lotr_gal_velky_20021231144236240.jpg]

Bio: Arwen lived in Rivendell and Lorien for roughly 3000 years in contentment with her sister, Dallyra, until she met and fell in love with Aragorn. Just before the council of Rivendell, Arwen gave Aragorn Arwen's Evenstar, saying that she would rather live for a short amount of time with him, then to live forever without him.

15. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    IC as Harikad Obuelsi

Harikad stood on swordfighting stance on top of a brown grassy hill, a pulsing silhouette in the evening sunset. His muscular arms rippled like the waves to the west and his eyes were snapped shut, leving his face with a look of intense ferocity. He was breathing heavily, and his chest rose and fell in time. Clutched in his hands at his sides were the curving, dull silver ceremonial scimitars of clan Obuelsi, handed down from chieftan to chieftan since they were taken from a defeated dwarf-king milennia ago.

Harikad grunted and then lunged forward at an unseen foe, slashing away in lockstep with an ancient scimitar combat form. He swiped left, stabbed right, swished over, pierced under. There was nowhere his blades could not reach, nowhere their sharpened points could not penetrate. Finally, Harikad stopped and let out a long slow breath, closing his eyes.

<Hari! Hari!> His eyes opened when he heard the voice. He looked behind him, down the grassy hill, to see his clan-wife, Yezeeki, beaming at him. <Come, Hari! Your houndsteak is softening!>

Although he was twinged with anger at her having interrupted his sword training, he grinned back. <Coming, dear. No need to worry.>

Before he turned to go back, though, he looked one last time to the north, at the far-off southern mountain range of Mordor. Hari inhaled a slow breath, and then let it out. It would come soon. Hari could feel it, could smell it in the air. Already, both sides were beating the drums of war. The vultures would feast on the dead while the victors would trample the loser's palaces, crush their valuables, and take their women. War was at hand. Soon, one of the Shadow Beings would visit him, as it had done with his ancestors countless time before. Soon, he would be summoned to battle.

OOC: Whoever's playing the Ringwraiths, maybe you could have one 'visit' my character?

16. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    IC as Lady Elena

Elena walked over to Aragorn and tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me, sir," she said. "Perhaps you could tell me who that man in the tower is and where we are going next."

TAG: Aragorn

17. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Earendil the Mariner

So it was that Earendil arrived to the shores of the Great Lands. The same shore from which he had departed, where the river Sirion poured into the Western Ocean which separated the glorious realm of the gods from the grim and sorrowful lands of the Children of Iluvatar.

Earendil dragged his keel on the sand, so that it wouldn?t be swept away by the sea. He looked at the deserted village and remembered how long ago the Noldoli had come upon the survivors of Doriath to retrieve the Silmaril and there was great slaughter on that night.

Earendil walked towards the village with a sense of loneliness. He almost heard the cheery tunes of the Sea-Elves who used to play their pipes on the shore, and the chanting of the Ilkorins coming from the Dark Forests to leave in ships towards Valinor.

But those days had passed. The Elf walked into his now ruined building, where there was a wooden table and a broken chair. He removed a brick from a wall and retrieved his sword from a secret place in the wall.

Earendil raised his sword. He remembered the war against Morgoth - the Battle of a Thousand Flames, the Siege of Angmar, the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, the Fall of Gondolin, and the last Orc and Dragon which he had slain.

Earendil always used a sword in battle, never a bow or a crossbow. He liked to look the enemy in the eye when he killed, and not be far off.

So the Elf left the ruined village and headed north-east.

To battle.

18. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    IC: Eleniel

Perched in the safety of the treetops, Eleniel had been watching the group traveling through Fangorn from a distance, sharp grey eyes tracking their every move. The White Wizard rode at the head of the group, his ivory-colored robes standing out in sharp contrast to the darker shades of clothing worn by the others. But how did Saruman escape Isengard? I suppose it could be another of the Istari, but I know of only one White Wizard... And the others with him...who are they? Prisoners he is taking back to Isengard, perhaps?

As the group stopped outside Isengard, she recognized some of them: a few were of her own kind, Legolas, Vanawenthwen and Link, and also there was Theoden, the king of Rohan, but the dwarf she did not know, nor the other humans. Two small creatures--Are those hobbits?!--were sitting on the ruins of Isengard's outer wall.

Determined to find out what was going on, Eleniel seized her bow and began to move from tree to tree, hoping to find a better vantage point.

Tag: any

OOC: Yes, I'm well aware of the fact that it's Gandalf, not Saruman (I'd probably get kicked out of the RPG if I didn't), but my character doesn't know that yet. :p

19. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    OCC: Lol can I join this storyline :p

Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen let out a small giggle again, then slowly turned her head around, as she could feel someone there, someone watching them. Vanawenthwen's hazel eyes suddenly spotted someone and realized who it was, then smiled lightly and whispered
    "Eleniel".

20. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Eleniel

As she neared the group, Eleniel immediately realized that Saruman had never escaped the flooded Isengard--he had secured himself inside Orthanc, out of mortal sight, but her Elven eyes could see the wizard through the open balcony doors. Then who is the wizard down here? Her thoughts drifted to a recent incident in which she had heard the trees 'speaking' of Gandalf being in Fangorn, but she had never seen the Grey Pilgrim. Now she realized that while she had been searching for Gandalf the Grey, the trees had spoken of Gandalf the White.

"Eleniel!"

A whisper below caught her attention, and she turned to see that Vana had spotted her. Smiling, she climbed down to the lower braches of the tree in which she happened to be sitting, then dropped to land softly on the ground. "Hello, Vanawenthwen."

Tag: Vana, any at Isengard

21. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenhwen

Vanawenthwen smiled as she saw Eleniel clime down from a tree and stand in front of her.
    "Eleniel, it is so good to see you again, what are you doing here in Isengard and since when have you been following us?"...
    Vanawethwen stopped Silma, dismounted her beuatiful white horse, then hugged Elenar quickly.

22. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    IC as Anwyn

The Rohirrim had always prided themselves on there skills with horses, and Anwyn was finding herself to be no exception as she struggled for control over this new horse. Narcian had not returned to her yet, she hoped that he had at least found somewhere safe to stay for the time.

Her horse began to veer to the left and Anwyn pushed the Grey Mare over using her outside the leg to push her over again, The horse responded with a small buck of protest trying to unseat her. Anwyn took some of the horses long mane inbetween her fingers as well as the reins Just try it, Girl she whispered to the horse, who pinned her ears in response but continued to gallop forward.

Anwyn enjoyed the wind that blew in her face, at last things seemed...normal again, as normal as things in her life tended to be at least. Pushing away the sense of dread that she felt in her heart, she allowed herself to enjoy the day. Glimpsing over at Radagast she wondered if he felt the fear and uncertainity about heading to this place. Paths of the dead, Just the name alone was enough reason to give her pause, Yet it sounded familar, something came back to her, a memory.

It was a particuarly cold night, and Anwyn had come to the Inn in hopes of being able to warm herself from the bitterly cold night, a faded sign above the door read The dancing Fox pushing open the heavy wooden door, she was met by a blast of sound and light. Pusing her way through the groups of people, Anwyn found a table by the fire place and warmed herself. The Innkeeper brought her a warm drink and she nodded to him gratefully. Anwyn was tapping her foot to a particuarly merry tune when a man stumbled out the crowd and all but fell onto her table. Anywn went to assist him, figuring that he had just had too much ale, but before she could help him, he looked up at her with a blood shot eyes "They are all dead" he whispered "Who is dead? What do you speak of?" Anwyn prompted, asking herself why she was even bothering "My entire company Gone, All Gone" He answeared, taking another swig from glass. Anwyn nodded "Aye, so you were a soldier then" The man pulled himself of the table "Aye, my group and I, We heard tales about the mountains, Strange things about them, Haunted they are, Dangerous" he added shaking a finger at her as a father would scould a young child "We went into the mountains, But I...I was too frightned, I did not wish to walk the Paths of Dead" The last part caught Anwyns attention "Paths of the Dead?" she asked "Yes!" he answeared, slamming down his glass "Cursed souls live there, and they do not tolerate the living, My group...my group was never seen in these parts ever again, may they be at peace" he finished wiping away a tear "Here...Let me get you another drink, Sit" Anwyn told him motioning to a nearby chair "Aye, Bless you lassie" The man said flopping into it. While Anwyn never learned the mans name, he had forgotten it on account of the ale, he made quite intresting company for the rest of the evening

Anwyn was drawn out her thoughts when she felt her Horse slowing, Her Horse had dropped down to a slower pace. Anwyn pressed with her legs and let out a throaty growl that caught the Horses attention, and she quickened her pace till they were once again at a gallop.

23. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Eleniel

"And it is good to see you, Vana," Eleniel replied once her fellow Elf released her from the embrace. "To answer your questions, I am here because I spend most of my time in these woods now, and I have been following you since you entered Fangorn."

Tag: Vana, all

24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Donvan IC: After some time, Donvan hobbled along with his walking stick and caught up to everyone who had briefly stopped at the wall of Isengard. He was surprised to see two small figures smoking and talking merrily to them from the top of the wall. It seemed that Isengard had undergone "new management" indeed. He stood by the horses of Vanawenthwen and Eleniel, not really paying attention to them, just gazing at the ruined Isengard.

tag: anyone

25. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen smiled at Eleniel, turned around and looked at Donvan, she knew he had broken his heart, but she had to do it. Vanawenthwen was suddenly getting a vision, which really scared her.
    Mordor was close, everything seemed dark, she felt pain, Vanawenthwen had been hurt, and tehre was nothing or no one that could stop it, as she lied there hopelessly. Suddenly, Vana's life left her body, she was dead....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.