main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by spacelady, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Eleniel

Seeing the horrified expression on Vana's face, Eleniel instantly became frightened herself. "Vana, what is it?" she asked, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder.

Tag: Vana, any

2. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen snapped out of her vision, as soon as she heard Eleniel, the visions, the pain, still fresh in her mind...
    "I saw....I saw death, I'm going to die soon"

TAG: All

3. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    IC as Harikad Obuelsi

It was a crisp day on the brown plains of Near Harad. The dry grass wavered with the gentle tides of the wind, trembling in the breeze. The few gnarled trees on the savannah were dropping their leaves.

Chief Harikad looked out from the entrance of his tent. He had heard the call of the Haradrim Horn. The messengers had returned.

Over the hill lumbered an immense gray beast of burden, an Oliphaunt or a mûmak, as the tribesmen called them. It was rigged not with the bowl-shaped archery canopy used in the fields of battle, but with the tent of an envoy strapped to its back. On the guiding harnass slung to its swaying head was a single pilot, pulling in huge reins attached to the beast's massive tusks.

"Jirhad!" Hari yelled to the man now peeking his head out of the tent on the animal's back. "I see you have returned from your journeys!"

"Indeed, my lord!" Said the tattoed messenger halfway out of the tent. "And I bring news!"

News? Could this be the call to battle Harikad had waited for? "Come down from there!" Hari yelled, "and tell me more!"

Ten munited later, voth were inside Harikad's Chieftan Tent, sipping freshly brewed shrub tea. "My lord," said the grinning Jirhad, "I bring tidings of war straight from the Mangled Ones."

Hari leaned back in his cat's hide chair. The Mangled Ones- or the Orcs- were the direct subordinates of the Eye itself. This had been the signal. He looked over to the tent door where a guard stood.

"Guard!" he said, making the man stand at attention, "tell the men and older boys of the villagers to prepare the mûmakil. We ride to war soon."

The guard nodded and walked out of view, and Hari turned back to the envoy. "Now. What is it this Orc told you?"

The messenger grinned. "We are needed to take the land of Gondor from the vile western men before they can attack the Dark Lord's lands. We are instructed to bring the mûmakil to the staging area, which is..." he paused to pull out an old map of nearby regions, and pointed at a certain place, "here, between Minas Morgul and the ancient city of western men called Osgilliath."

A slow smile crept across Harikad's havily tatooed face. "Yes. Then we sweep west... and take the land of Gondor."

"Indeed, my lord," Said the messenger. "Should I prepare the warriors?"

"Yes," said Harikad with stoic conviction. "We ride at dawn."

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    IC - Dimitri Elester

After a challenging battle against the army of Mordor, Dimitri sat alone and silent in a small corner of the rocky outpost of Helm's Deep. A small scar ran across his arm where an enemy's sword had struck. The pain wasn't difficult to take, but still, it wasn't a welcome sensation.

He waited patiently now, wondering what would happen next. The enemy had been defeated, but for how long? There was no telling how many more were hiding in the shadows, waiting for the time to strike at a moments notice.

His horse, Inilga, stood proudly among the other horses as they awaited their masters' return. Soon they would be called upon again, the proud animal of the people of Rohan.

Dimitri would return home soon, to celebrate the victory. But at what cost would it come to.

Tag: Any

5. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Dallyra

Dallyra glanced at Vana, she had a worried look on her face. "Vana?"

TAG: Vana and Isenguard

6. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen looked at Dallyra, and spoke up, as her voice breaked off....
    "Dallyra, my death is coming, we are going to be cloe to Mordor, I am going to die soon".

7. Carl_Jones

Carl_Jones Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2004
    OOC: Hope all is well. Oh, and Im back from vacation (duh!) So i hope to get my first post on ROTK thread soon. Here are my characters: ((By the way, all the info on the book characters has been checked))

Name: Théoden

Race: Man

Appearance: [image=http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/media/galerie/sonstiges5/cinematrix29.jpg]

Side: Good

Bio: He is the King of Rohan. He takes care of his nephew, Eomer, and neice, Eowyn, in the Golden Hall of Medulsed. There he was corrupted by Saruman, then freed by Gandalf. He then rode to Helm's Deep for a great battle that took place. He now headed to Isengard with the heroes of their city.

Name: Elrond

Race: Elf

Appearance: [image=http://www.freewebz.com/lord_ofthe_rings/ElrondBattle2.jpg]

Bio: He fought in the great alliance before Isildur took the one ring for himself. 3000 years later, he provided shelter for Frodo and his companions. He then sent out his fellowship on the quest. Later, during helm's Deep, he sent his army of elves to once again unite with the race of men, in a great battle, one last time. He has the gift of Foresight.

Name: Madoc

Race: Dunedain

Appearance: He is a tall dark skinned man, muscle features visible, bearded and a mustache. He wears some Rohirrim armour with his Ranger outfit aswell. He has a cape of the ancient Numenor.

Bio: He has been raised in Minas Tirith most of his life, but he has also fought alongside Boromir in battles at Osgiliath. Now he is a veteran Warrior fighting for the freedom of Middle Earth. He has been to many places and lands in Middle-Earth, and many of those places have been for battle. Recently he was in the Battle for Helm's Deep, and he was one of the survivors. He was healed from his wounds, and currently he is helping finish up the cleaning of Helms Deep.

8. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Donvan IC: Donvan watched the interaction between the elves silently, mostly because unbeknownst to them, Oblivion had taken over. He was not in the mood to fight, but he was listening...

tag: anyone

9. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Eleniel

Hearing the tremor in her friend's voice, Eleniel attempted to offer some comfort. "Nothing is certain, Vana. What you see may or may not come to pass. It all depends on you and the choices you make."

Tag: Vana, any

10. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Lord Raven Bloodchylde

After not receiving an answer from the other adventurers, he thought it upon himself not to be halted in his quest. He had come to Isengard to find some magic in which to combat the forces of Mordor. He rode his jet black steed past the elves as well as the adventurers and strode into Isengard.

Water splashed at Enesstrere's hooves as his gallop slowed to a trot. Raven kept an eye out for anything that could have been of use and hopped off of his horse to look around. At the base of the black tower were many scrolls and books. Perhaps with some information or some useful spells. He opened his pack and placed the items inside as he mounted his horse once more and made his way back to the others.

"This must have been Isengard. I see the black tower standing there. Tell me, is Saruman dead? I would greatly like to see his horde of magics so I can aid Middle Earth in the pending war."

TAG: All at Isengard

11. Carl_Jones

May 15, 2004
    OOC: My 1st RotK In character post!!!

IC as Madoc

• Madoc rode up upon his horse, Fara, as the rest of the party was upon the foot of the tower of Orthanc. He saw the two hobbits atop rubble, the ones everyone addressed to as Merry and Pippin. Madoc then followed Gandalf and the others as they came up to the Ents.

TAG: Isengard

IC as Théoden

• Théoden riding alongside Gandalf and the others, galloped on upon his horse as they came closer to Saruman's tower of evil.

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OCC; BACK finally! Can't post now (it's half past n=midnight) but here are my char sheets!

Name: Samwise (Sam) Gamgee
    Appearance: (Hair, Eyes, ect.): copper coloured hair, brown eyes.
    Side: GOOD
    Bio: One of seven children, Sam has been Frodo's Gardener and best friend for many years. He is the sole member of the fellowship to accompany Frodo into Mordor

Name: Peregrin (Pippin) Took
    Appearance: curly brown hair, tall for a hobbit. brown eyes
    Bio: Somewhat the joker of the hobbits, Pippin is eager to prove himself and joins the fellowship of the Ring.

13. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

(OOC: Carl_Jones, Earendil is Elrond?s father so I?ll make him meet him later on.)

Earendil

As he travelled on, Earendil saw a host of Mordor Orcs assault a village. They were burning houses, and slaying men who tried to hold them off their territory. The Elf attacked.

He drew his sword and leapt at an Orc, plunging his weapon into his back. As the Orc collapsed, Earendil took his shield and raised it for an arrow aimed by an Orc Archer to fly on it. Lowering his defensive weapon immediately, he grabbed hold of the arrow, and pulling it out of his shield, threw it into the chest of his attacker.

Running past a nearby Orc, Earendil raised his sword and passed the blade through his neck. While doing so, he slung his shield behind his back, just in time to protect himself from arrows which darted towards him.

Like lightning, he rushed at two spear holding Orcs from the side, and took a sword out of the scabbard of one of them. They turned and jabbed their spears at him. Using both his own sword and his newly obtained one he swung his blades hard against the shaft of their spears flinging them off target.

He spun closer towards them shoving his elbow into one?s face to send him toppling. Turning quickly he moved his blade horizontally upwards to slash the other warrior through the head.

As another Orc tried to spear him, he again swept his sword upwards to fend off the spear strike and threw his other sword straight into his opponent. Then, Earendil swung his sword from above, moving it in a half circle to make the Orc in front of him lower his shied in defence. But then, the Elf raised his sword quickly, slashing open his throat with one quick lash.

Another spear came from above. Earendil raised his sword so that the spear hit it and not him. He then turned around, giving two swift strikes to cut down an opponent.

An Orc tried to hit him by directing his shield horizontally. But Earendil nimbly passed under the shield, moving sideways to take a sudden leap and thrust his sword into another warrior?s cheek

An opponent rushed at him, holding a sword. Earendil sidestepped around him and with his free hand, pushed him over, sending him tripping forwards. While doing so, he pressed his sword through the chest of another Orc who came running at him with his sword raised. Earendil? blade emerged from his opponent?s back, dripping red.

Alone, Earendil ran towards many other more enemy warriors, crouching to pick up a sword that lay by a dead Orc in the process. To prevent a spear from jutting into him, he leapt upwards. Raising his sword above the spear, he grazed it along its shaft, pushing it downwards. He pressed the other sword he held into another soldier in front of him, and turned to the right, quickly slaying the Orc who had tried to spear him.

Earendil slashed through another Orc and rushing past another, he put his foot on the side of a rock to gain a higher position and swung around his opponent who wasn?t quick enough to face him, and felt Earendil?s blade biting straight into his back.

The Elf parried another spear stab with his sword, and cut down his opponent. As two other enemy warriors rushed at him, he grabbed the front end of the spear of one to prevent it from being jabbed into him, and passed his blade horizontally through the stomach of the other.

Then, still holding the spear which belonged to the Orc, he jerked it upwards, releasing it from his grasp. Earendil moved forwards, and grabbing his opponent?s arm, he twisted it. The Orc stumbled in front of him, and the Elf warrior ducked behind him, so that a spear directed by another Orc flew into him instead of Earendil.

The Elf faced more Orcs. He blocked a sword strike, and kicked his opponent, tripping him up. He looked at another warrior and passed his blade through his neck, making him gasp for breath and cough up redness as he fell sideways.

Then, Earendil dodged a sword swipe and stepping to the side of his attacker, he struck upwards. The Orc bent down, but was slightly late. Earendil?s sword s

14. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Dallyra

Dallyra tried to hide the fear and sorrow building up in her. Her best friend, soon to die? She knew that visions had yet to be wrong, everything that Dallyra had saw in the past months had all come true, everything. Her blue eyes slowly returned to Vana. "You needn't fear, we will protect you."

TAG: Vana

15. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    IC - Aragorn

::Aragorn rode into Isengard with Pippin riding right behind him. As the group approached the Tower of Orthanc, Aragorn saw a large Ent turn in their direction::

IC - Link and Korin

::As Gandalf's group rode into the city of Isengard, Link and Korin remained outside, discussing what the future would bring::

Link: You need not come with us, Master Dwarf.

Korin: Ha! Twice i've met you, and twice my axe has had to save your life. I think i'll tag along for a wee longer.

::Link smiled lightly, and nodded his head::

Link: Very well, sir Dwarf. My name is Link Riverflow.

Korin: Korin. If I may ask...Link was it? What exactly are you and this rabble doing?

::Link indicates to the group making their way into Isengard::

Link: Well, that rider in white is Gandalf the White, perhaps the greatest wizard in all of Middle-Earth; next to him is Aragorn, the last King of Men. We will, perhaps, be facing the full brunt of Sauron's rage, as we seek to destroy him and rid Middle-Earth of his filth. Orcs, Goblins, Uruk-hai, trolls, Nazgul and almost certain death lie on the road ahead. Still want to come along?

::Korin's eyes had widened a little, then after a moment, he smiled and spoke::

Korin: Wouldn't miss it.

~Corran

16. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Dallyra

Dallyra quietly approached Link and the Dwarf from the side. "And that man riding behind Aragorn; dressed in all armor is Theoden, King of Rohan, if you had not guessed already."

TAG: Korin and Link

17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Donvan IC: Donvan slowly hobbled by Dallyra, Link, and Korin as he heard them, "And I'm just a poor beggar along for the ride."
    He moved into Isengard and stared as an Ent faced them.

tag: anyone

18. Dayel_Durin

Dayel_Durin Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    OOC:My first post in the rotk :D I know the timing is off, but school is and rl is getting in the way :(

IC:

Arwen rides on Asfaloth and with the elves to the Grey Havens. As she rides, she sees a small boy run pass the elves and across the small road. She stops and watches as the boy runs into the forest with the trees slowly fading into a white room. There is a man standing near the window, he turns around as the boy nears. They run to each other and the man picks the young boy up, spinning him once. Arwen notices that the man is Aragorn. The boy is laughing as Aragorn kisses him on the cheek. She sees Aragorn's Evenstar on the neck of the boy. As tears grew in her eyes, she closes them and her head goes down. She recalls the words of her father. "There is nothing for you here... Only death... A moment later, she looks back up to see only the forest. "M'lady Arwen." She looks down to see an elf looking at her. "We cannot delay." She turns Asfaloth around and gallops back to Rivendell.

TAG:Elrond

19. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    OOC: Where's Zame? I need Gollum to start us off.

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OCC: yeah, the Frodo/Sam stuff starts with Gollum for the most part

IC: Pippin

Pippin rode behind Aragorn, looking up at Treebeard waiting for him to speak

21. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Gollum

Gullom layed awake hours before the hobbits, scouting the best path to get to...her. Now he was trampling along on all fours, hurrying to his Master and the fat hobbit. they didn't have time to waste, they needed to get there quickly.

Gollum swiftly jumpd down on the hobbits small camp, swinging from the roof and landing infront of Frodo.

"Wake up!" The creature yelled as he began to run of the Samwise and give him a nudge, "Wake up! No time to lose sillies!"

tag Frodo, Sam

ooc: Sorry for the hold up, I've been busy lately but I'm back.

22. Carl_Jones

May 15, 2004
    IC as Elrond

• Elrond walked around the floors of Rivendell. He slowly walked up some steps, and came to a railing. He looked in the distance and saw Arwen coming back. He locked eyes with her and had a worried look on his face. "Arwen..."

TAG: Arwen

23. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen looked at Dallyra sadly, then turned back to Madoc, as she felt a tear roll down her cheek, then quickly whipped it away as she began to hear the words of the others, then smiled softly, the pain still lingering in her soul.

24. Carl_Jones

May 15, 2004
    IC as Madoc

• Madoc rode slowly up the path. He eventually came to where Vana stood still. He saw as she turned to look at him, she wiped away a tear. Madoc went from a plain face to a worried look. "Vana, what's wrong?" He asked her calmly.

TAG: Vana

25. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen smiled softly at him, then shook her head and looked her way, and spoke up as her words broke off.
    "Nothing, I just... I just miss Mirkwood, everything is alright, I promise".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.