main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by spacelady, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl_Jones

Carl_Jones Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2004
    IC as Madoc

• Madoc, with a face of sorrow, listened to Vana speak of her troubles. "Nothing, I just...I just miss Mirkwood. Everything is alright, I promise." She told him. Madoc, not hearing much confidence in her words, looked down to the floor, his head turned away from the party. "Alright." He said resentfully.

TAG: Vana

2. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen sighed, knowing Madoc didn't believe her, then grabbed his hand and held it tightly.
    "What I am about to tell you is very painful, Madoc, I had a vision about a battle in Mordor, this is going to happpen soon I am afraid, we are going to win, but I am not going to live, Madoc, I am going to die soon"...

TAG: All

3. Carl_Jones

Carl_Jones Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2004
    IC as Madoc

• Madoc was looking down at the ground, and was about to mount atop his horse again, just before Vana grabbed him by the arm and began speaking.

"What I am about to tell you is very painful, Madoc. I had a vision about a battle in Mordor, this is going to happpen soon I am afraid, we are going to win, but I am not going to live, Madoc, I am going to die soon..."

Madoc looked up at Vana as she spoke. When she told him of her foreseen death, he looked at her in awe, and scared.

"No...No..." Madoc muttered, as his heart felt shattered. "No, Vana. I'm going to take care of you, make sure that vision never comes true!" He said angrily but sad at the moment.

4. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    IC: Garin Stonehammer

After the battle of Helm's Deep, Garin had no choice but to follow the White Wizard and his companions. Feeling sorrow that many of his friends died, he was not in the best of moods.

He looked over and saw an Elvish lady looking sad. He saw two other dwarves. One dwarf was on a horse, the other was talking to another Elf.

He felt like the outcast of the group. He followed them near Isenguard, the home of Saruman. Saruman must be out of power, he thought. He looked around what he saw was something he couldn't believe: walking trees. Near the bottom of the Orthanc was two little people. He recognized them from before, and knew they were two little Hobbits.

Garin got down from his horse, and got his pipe out. He watched the tree and the hobbits as he smoked some of the finest tobacco in Middle-Earth.

TAG: Isenguard

5. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawnthwen's voice stammered as she heard Madoc, then shook her head, still holding his hand tightly.
    "My visions always come true"...
    Vanawenthwen then turneed to Legolas and felt as her heart was broken into a million pieces, her brother couldn't find out about this, he just couldn't.

6. Balis_Bane_of_Men

Balis_Bane_of_Men Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2004
    IC:eek:y, Once again I am slaped in the face at the amount of posts already up....I'll post Theodores Bio soon, but Keeper_of_Swords, Just so you know, I think Elronds father is dead...I think he was dead befor Elrond established The last Homly House...

7. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: It doesn't matter, BBoM ;)

8. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    IC: Frodo

Frodo woke up and stretched.

TAG: Zame, Arwen-Jade

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    IC: Sam

Sam woke up to a sharp nudge from Gollum. He didn't show his dislike of the creature on his face anymore, he was getting far too used to Gollum's pressence he assumed.

First responsibility kicked in with the rest of his mind as he turned to his Master, looking more haggard than when he'd gone to sleep. Somewhere in the back of Sam's mind, he wondered if he'd stolen another carress with the Ring. Frodo thought he didn;t know, which he didn't, he had no proof but could guess well enough.

"haven't you had any sleep Mr. Frodo?" he asked.

TAG: Jango

10. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

I think Elronds father is dead...I think he was dead befor Elrond established The last Homly House...

Earendil left Middle Earth and was given the task of guarding the Door of the Night so that Morgoth would not escape and there are different versions of the story of his wife in The History of Middle Earth ? some stories say she died and some say that she became a seagull, some that she remained with him on his ship as he guarded the Door.

For this RPG in the first post I invented that Earendil was sent back to fight in the war of the ring, took the storyline of the death of his wife, and after he fought in the war invented that she would be returned to him

(Also when people die, there are exceptions when they are sent back to Middle Earth from the Halls of Mandos ? Beren was sent and there are some who say that Glorfindell in Lord of the Rings was the same Elf who fought the Balrog in the First Age after the Siege of Gondolin and though he died he returned to the world of the living.)

Earendil

As he journeyed, Earendil saw a stronghold of Sauron ? the Tower of Dispear, known as Kwara-duei in Elvish tongue.

He rode towards it to rid it from the warriors of Sauron. To rid it from darkness and dispear.

The tower was a tall dark structure, carved out of mighty rock. On its walls, great creatures of black stones were carved. Shadowy smoke poured slowly out of their jaws. A moat of acid surrounding the building.

Earendil got off his horse and without thinking twice, ran and leapt over the frothing acid, crashing through a window, and stumbling into a small room within the tower.

He was immediately attacked by Goblins ? foul, crooked humanoids with rusty blades. They were bred from dark magic, and had glowing yellow eyes, and thick green scales

The Elf ran at them, parrying blows and slashing through them. He swung his sword through one, spinning round to lower his weapon and block two strikes.

Kicking over another Goblin, he jerked his elbow upwards, breaking the jaw of another, and sending him toppling. Earendil sidestepped a jab, and sliced through the last one.

He continued up a drab spiral stairway and burst into the topmost room.

Earendil rushed into the room and saw a Sorceress sitting on a mighty black throne.

On the sides of the chamber lay heaps of gold and sparkling gems upon which wretched Imp creatures stood. They laughed in a horrible high pitched tone when they saw the Elven warrior, looking forward to see his doom.

The Sorceress of Sauron rose from her throne.

Looking at her, Earendil noticed that she was a beautiful young woman, tall and slender with a delicate looking face, and long dark hair. But she was evil, and therefore had to be destroyed. She wore a flowing black robe, and pointing her hands at the Elf flashed bright red lightning at him.

Earendil tried to avoid the blow but was too late. The lightning struck through him, and flung him into a wall. He hit hard against the stony bricks, and fell, looking up and gasping for breath.

He weakly raised his head, seeing the Sorceress about to direct lightning into him again

But as the red glow flashed towards him, Earendil rolled out of the way. He got onto his feet again, and rushing towards her, knocked her down to the floor.

The Imps on the treasures shrieked with rage, but none dared approach the Elf, for they sensed the great anger which he felt.

He raised his sword, kicking over the Sorceress? body, meaning to slash her through. Then he noted her graceful body and attractive face, and his sword arm trembled and faltered.

Rage took Earendil in those dark, uncertain moments. He was furious.

?Here I am, a deadly Servant of Sauron in my clutches and I am unable to slay her,? he thought, his eyes fixed on the beautiful girl.

With madness and rage, and bitter despair, he struck his sword down into a spherical crystal stone near the throne. It shattered into pieces.

At that instant, a black shadow seeped out of the Sorceress? body and

11. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: I'm at Isengard too... :_| everyone is ignoring me! Waah! :_|

12. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    After much riding, Anwyn and Radagast found themselves on the road that led to the entrance to the 'Paths of the Dead'. There was a village directly in front of them. It was going to be necessary to ride through it. Radagast was sure they would not take kindly to anyone who wanted to go through. Radagast considered things carefully and muttering a spell under his breath, raised his staff. The crystal in the end of it glowed with a faint blue color. "Now we ride directly ahead. Do not worry beloved, they will not see us. Or rather they will not want to, such is the nature of the spell." Urging his horse he rode slowly towards the village.

tag: Anwyn

13. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    OOC: Seems like they forgot about me, too, Zedd. I guess that's what I get for being the newcomer...

IC: Eleniel

As the others began to head into the circle of Isengard, Eleniel turned back towards the forest and let out a shrill whistle. A few moments later, her horse, which had free run of the forest unless needed, came trotting up to her. Climbing on, she silently followed the others into Isengard.

Tag: any

14. Grishnakh

Grishnakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    OOC: Has someone already posted as Treebeard? I can't get to page 2 or 3 so I don't know.

15. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Now we ride directly ahead. Do not worry beloved, they will not see us. Or rather they will not want to, such is the nature of the spell

Anwyn nodded, still weary that she might be heard if she spoke. As they moved through the town she watched as the residents went about there work, not even raising there heads as they passed. Strange charms hung above the door of every cabin, presumably to ward off any malacious spirits.

Her Horse slowly plodded forward, It had been a long ride and she had quieted somewhat. A young child darted out from beside on the houses, Anwyn instinctively pulled back on the reins forcing the horse to a halt, Who gave a short started at the sudden movement. Once the horse had quieted Anwyn leaned over to make sure that the girl had not been harmed by the horses large hoofs, and was surprised to find the young girl staring right at her.

Anwyn momentairly wondered if the spell had not worked on the child becuase she was too young to have learned the prejudices of the adults. Anwyn raised a finger to her lips "Shhhhh" The little girl stared a moment longer, before nodding and running off.

Once again turning her attention forward, To the mountains where there was a large deep gap, where she could only guess would mark the entrance of the paths of the dead. Anwyn felt the horse tense underneath and began to prance nearvously, Whispering quietly in her native Rohirmic tongue and stroking the horses sweat flecked neck, the horse began to settle .Anwyn did not allow herself to become frightned either, she had lived around horses long enough to know that were able to sense your fear and take it as there own.

"She is frightned, Should we leave horses Here? They have already bore us this far"

TagRadagast

16. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    OOC: Someone has Treebeard, but they haven't posted anything yet.

17. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Just hold on, Jedi_Jessie_Anne and Zedd-Vega. I'm still trying to get things in order, and I've been very busy lately. ;) I'll try to get something going on for you two, but in the meantime, just tag each other. ;) :)

18. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    OOC: Okay, then...

As she rode into Isengard, Eleniel noticed a man riding on a midnight-black horse, staring up at the tower of Orthanc, and she was reminded of his question earlier, which seemed to have gone unanswered. This must have been Isengard. I see the black tower standing there. Tell me, is Saruman dead? I would greatly like to see his horde of magics so I can aid Middle Earth in the pending war. Approaching the man, she spoke up, drawing his attention. "My lord, forgive me for not answering you earlier, but yes, this is Isengard. And Saruman lives yet, but I feel that his power has left him."

Tag: Lord Raven Bloodchylde

19. Dayel_Durin

Dayel_Durin Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    IC:

Arwen rides on Asfaloth into Rivendell. She jumps off and runs to Elrond, throwing her traveling cloak off. The cloak falls to the ground. "Tell me what you have seen." She continues to move to her father. "You have the gift of forsight. What did you see?" She stops a few feet away from him.

TAG:Elrond

20. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Lord Raven Bloodchylde

Raven turned to the woman and dismounted his horse and walked over to her. "Is that so? A good thing I suppose. My name is Raven Bloodchylde, son of Gerrat Bloodchylde who was Baron of Ausricand before it was destroyed by Saurons armies. And you are?"

TAG: Jedi_Jessie_Anne

21. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004

"I am Eleniel, daughter of Feaglîn."

Tag: Zedd-Vega

22. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Donvan IC: Donvan watched silently at the tower of Orthanc and Oblivion quietly controlled his actions, making him limp up the steps and to the door of the tower, trying to open it to no success. He turned to the white rider, the wizard known as Gandalf.

"Gandalf I believe? Tell me, why should we leave this filth in there? Let me enter the tower and I will dispatch him from Middle-Earth."

Oblivion had been wanting to face Saruman for a long time ever since he had learned of the powers of the wizard. If he could defeat him, he could go on anyone...

tag: Gandalf

23. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    OOC: I won't be posting often this week, but I'd like to get more involved right from the start...

IC as Lady Elena

Elena rode up to Eleniel and Lord Raven Bloodchylde. "I am Lady Elena, of Rohan. Did you fight in the battle of Helm's Deep?"

Tag: Eleniel and Lord Raven Bloodchylde

24. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004

"I did not--though I have heard tell of it." She elected to keep the deaths of many of her Elven friends to herself...this war was just beginning, and many more would be lost before it ended.

Tag: Elena, Lord Raven Bloodchylde

25. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Gollum

Gollum ran in a wide cirle and speed back to Frodo and Sam.

"Hurry up! Hurry!" He yeld as he waved his arms wildly, "No time to lose!"

tag Frodo, Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.