main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by spacelady, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: 100th post!

IC as Raven Bloodchylde

He removed his helmet and kneeled before Eleniel kissing her hand. "Tis a pleasure m'lady." He stood slowly and turned his attention to Lady Elena. "No m'lady, I was defending my father's land from Saurons forces. Sadly enough, I was the only survivor for both sides. I am the son of Gerrat Bloodchylde." He looked back to the elven maiden and donned his helmet once more. "You say you are from Rohan Lady Elena? I was on my way there now to aid King Theoden. Perhaps we can travel together..."

TAG: Jedi_Jessie_Anne, Myri_Antilles

2. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: The next time Jango and Arwen-Jade post, we need Merry and Pippin you guys. :)

3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Yep yep, that we do. I posted so to give some interaction with Gandalf as we wait for those hobbits. ;)

4. Grishnakh

Grishnakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    Who took Treebeard? I had the tree! [face_laugh]

5. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    IC: Eleniel

"...Perhaps we can travel together..."

"I have no objections, though if you desire to speak with Theoden, you could do so now." Eleniel said, indicating the king, who was sitting on his horse nearby, gazing at the black tower. "There is no better time than the present, I believe," she added encouragingly.

Tag: Zedd-Vega

OOC EDIT: No one took Treebeard, Grishnakh. He's still yours. I checked the reserved list after my last post and went to edit, but for some reason or another, I guess I didn't push the 'edit' button...

6. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Dallyra

Dallyra leaned back against the wall, she had been watching the discussion between Korin and Link. After awhile, she called for Artaq. She came galloping gracefully up to her. Dallyra gently stroked her nose, whispering quietly in Elvish to her ear. "Oira mel, Elentari." She quietly giggled to herself. "Lye nar i ancalima elenion, mellon nîn." She giggled to herself once more.

TAG: Isenguard

7. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    IC as Lady Elena

Elena smiled at Eleniel and Raven Bloodchylde. "I am glad to have traveling companions, but I am sorry for your losses. Perhaps when this war is over we will have time to properly mourn our dead." She glanced in King Theoden's direction. "Perhaps when you speak with him you could find out where we're headed? There is a rumor amoung some of the men that we are going on the Paths of the Dead, others that say we are headed for Gondor, and yet others that claim we march to Mordor itself." She shuddered. "I do not shy from battle, but at least two of those choices seem to me to be nothing more than suicide!"

Tag: Eleniel and Raven Bloodychylde

OOC: Are we supposed to tag the characters or the person's name? :confused:

8. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    OOC: I don't think it matters.

IC: Eleniel

"I do not know for certain where we go from here," Eleniel said. "But I would think that Theoden would return to Edoras--whether the rest of us go with him or not remains to be seen."

Tag: Myri_Antilles, Zedd.

9. Grishnakh

Nov 25, 2003
    OOC: Gandalf, ride up to Treebeard, he is waiting to have a conversation.

10. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Raven Bloodchylde

Raven smiled as he removed his helmet again. He set it on his trusty elven steed Enesstrere and walked carefully over to King Theoden himself. "Good day my liege, I am Lord Raven Bloodchylde of the once proud city of Ausricand. Since my city's destruction, I have traveled for many moons to Rohan in hopes to aid you and your kingdom in the oncoming battle for Middle Earth. I am a skilled warrior, captain, and mage, and offer you my services."

TAG: Theoden

EDIT: Had to make it seem more medieval

11. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    Radagast had seen the way the Anwyn had handled the situation with child and smiled to himself. <She does well with children and would make a good mother. I wish that I didn't have the feeling that my surviving this war were slim. It would be nice to marry and have children....> The wizard knew that train of that would not help. He heard Anwyn talking to her horse in
    her native Rohirmic tongue and stroking the horses sweat flecked neck, the horse began to settle. He dismounted and spoke to his horse and then moved over to her.
    "She is frightned, Should we leave horses Here? They have already bore us this far"

"Yes, they cannot travel where we must. My dear, if you choose not to continue, I will understand. We face certain death if we fail, and I would not have you fall here. You are the bravest woman I have ever known, but it will take more than bravery to continue down this path."

Tag: Anwyn

12. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2003
    I"M SO SORRY FOR BEING GONE!!!

My computer's gone haywire, and I've been trying to fix it, but it finally stopped acting up..... [face_frustrated] I'm going to do my original character's bio again, just to clear him up to some new people.

Name: Nevatar
    Appearance: shoulder-length black hair, hazel eyes, several scars on arms and one large scar down right cheek
    Race: Dark-Elf *note* Dark-Elves look similar to Elves, they just prefer night over day, and can at times be the opposite of Elves.
    Side: Good
    Bio: Nevatar the Dark-Elf was born in Mirkwood. He was raised by abusive parents, and he left at his coming-of-age. He fell in with bad company, and joined Saruman when he came to power. Then he met Dijon, and he switched to the Forces of good. He went on several adventures with her, and eventually became part of the decoy fellowship. Soon they split apart, and Nevatar was ambushed. He made his way to Edoras, where he joined with Rohan in the Defense of Helm's Deep. He nearly lost his life in the battle, but he helped turn the tide of the battle. Now he will do anything to destroy Sauron, even if it meant going up to the Eye himself.

Now, the long awaited -

Name: Denethor
    Race: Men
    Appearance: Grizzled long hair, sense of pride in his looks
    Side: Gondor (and his insanity :p)
    Bio: Denethor is the father of Boromir and Faramir. Boromir was his beloved, while Faramir he cast down. He sent Boromir to take the One Ring, and bring it to Gondor. As soon as he heard he was dead, he mourned his death, but cast away Faramir. He is Steward of Gondor, and now knows of Aragorn, and will not give up the throne to that ranger.

I'm going to make a new character:

Name: Nevatariel
    Race: Dark-Elf
    Appearance: Long red hair, tribal markings all over her body
    Side: Bad
    Bio: Nevatar's sister, she was born 300 years after him. She was raised apart from her brother. Also, she was brought up exactly opposite of Nevetar, with love and respect. But, she left as soon as she could, too. She also fell into bad company, but worse than Nevatar did. She was not chosen to become an orc, for she was able to kill even the strongest orc in a flash. Sauron decided to use her as an assassin. She was told by Sauron to kill a man named Nevatar, a formidable enemy.

IC Denethor:

Denethor, steward of Gondor, looke out on the Fields of Pelennor. He turned back, and walked into his chambers. Under his bed, he pulled out a stone. It glowed when he touched it, but he put it back under his bed. He walked into the throne room to see one of his guards with Boromir's horn. His son, his beloved son, had fallen.

TAG: anyone

IC Nevatariel:

Nevatariel ran through the Black Gate. She stopped to take a breather, and kept going. She came to Rohan after a long time of stealing horses, dodging arrows, and many other adventures. It was night, and Nevatar was in a small hut he made his home in. She pulled out a tube for a case, and slipped a poisoned dart in. She raised it to her lips, and aimed for Nevatar's head.

TAG: whoever wants to attack

IC Nevatar:

Nevatar was exhausted. After a straight night of what he'd been through, who wouldn't? He took off his blood-caked armor, and put it on the cot. He grabbed a piece of glass, and looked at his face. He had many minor cuts, but they would heal. He pressed the large gash he'd gotten from his fall, and it opened again. He reached for a cloth, and pressed it to his wound. Now that gash would leave a mark. It soon clotted, and he got back to business. He put his knife back in it's arm sheath, and saw something out of the corner of his eye. He turn to see a form standing near his window. An opened window. He had nowhere to hide. he didn't even know if this person was hostile or friendly. But, Nevatar didn't want to take chances. He dived over his bed, knocking over a table. He fell behind th

13. Grishnakh

Nov 25, 2003
    OOC: I am making a character to interact with Dallyra and Co.

Name; Ranagor
    Appearance: His hair is long and unkempt. Ice blue eyes. Brown hair.
    Side: Good and Bad (read Bio)
    Bio: Ranagor lives in a house overlooking Isengard. He has a couple men working for him that go scouting around Orthanc once in a while. He has heard of the company around Orthanc and is now riding there with his men. He is not in terms with Sauron but not with Men and Elves. He is his own guy.

14. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Earendil

On his horse Greyfell, Earendil rode on through green fields. He came at the borders of a forest and heard noises.

He was about to draw his sword when he saw Human Riders gallop towards him.

?Hello,? their Chief said, greeting Earendil. ?We are the Rangers of the North.?

?Then what are you doing in the South?? the Elf asked.

?We?re riding southeast, to stop as many Easterlings from joining Sauron?s armies. Want to join us??

At first Earendil was going to say that he would be pleased to travel with the Rangers, but then remembered that there would be no chance to see his son, Elrond if he was far to the east. So he shook his head.

?Well, join our hunting for just today then,? a Ranger said.

Earendil accepted and was off with the Riders.

?I?m Ranger Marcus,? the Chief said. Then he introduced the others. ?This is Cradoc,? he continued. Then pointing at two others he said, ?Ranger Walker and Trivett.?

But they met no enemy that day. In the evening they killed a boar and sat round a campfire.

They roasted the boar and ate.

?It?s been long since I?ve been to these whereabouts,? said Earendil. ?Tell me a story of men.?

?Men?? Marcus said. ?Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. Unlike Elves our lifespan is short. And so we ask ourselves. Will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our name long after we?re gone and wonder who we were? How bravely we fought? How fiercely we loved??

Marcus paused thoughtfully and continued on with the tale of the Numenor, and how Sauron corrupted this race. By the wrath of the Valar was their island destroyed in the reign of Al-Pharazin and their descendants wander ceasing as the Rangers of Middle-Earth.?

It was Earendil?s turn to tell a tale. So the Elf told the Rangers about his sea-voyages, how he had slain Ungoliath, the gloom-weaver, how he had got shipwrecked on the shores of Tol Brandir, and how he had once got close to Valinor, the realm of the gods.

?So close,? he whispered, ?that I saw the bright light of the Sacred Two Trees, Telperion and Laurelin that brought light to the Earth in ancient times and whose flower and fruit were made into the Moon and the Sun by the Valar.?

?But then the mist thickened,? Earendil continued. ?And a quick wind turned my ship away. I kept looking on, holding to the mast as the gales howled. So I saw that glorious light fade and dim out till it was seen no more, and shadows engulfed my vessel as it shook in the waves.?

Earendil then told of the sad ending of his journey ? how he returned to find his village destroyed and Elwing, his wife dead.

?Very fair and tall was she, well nigh of warrior?s stature,? the Elf said remembering his wife, ?and her hair was a fountain of gold. Elwing was her name, and she was called Celeriband, the silver-feet, for she walked and danced ever uncloven on the green grass and white lawns of Doriath.?

?Tis a grim tale you tell,? Ranger Walker said. ?And evil will never be vanquished from this World. But as long as there remain Elves and Men who can wield a sword, and aim an arrow, there is still hope.?

Earendil stood up, thanking the Rangers. He got onto his horse and again rode off alone.

15. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Before Radagast could finish Anwyn had already dismounted and was removing her horses Bridle, Throwing it over her shoulder she loosened the saddle and removed it placing it upon the ground, Giving the horse a final pat she watched as the horse slowly walked off towards a nearby pasture.

My dear, if you choose not to continue, I will understand. We face certain death if we fail, and I would not have you fall here. You are the bravest woman I have ever known, but it will take more than bravery to continue down this path.

Anwyn cast a long sideways glance towards Radagast "I will not allow you to face what lies inside that mountain alone. It will take more than bravery indeed, It will take faith and more than just a small amount of luck. I have heard the tales and stories, They do not frighten me, What does is the thought of having to live my life without you" Anwyn confessed, feeling rather foolish, but also glad that she had been able to say it.

Clearing her throat, Anwyn composed herself and began to walk forward towards the gap, stopping she turned to wait for Radagast "Come, Our destiny Awaits Us"

16. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: *Is tired of waiting for Gandalf and the rest of the group* :p Just for the sake of the storyline I'm going to use Gandalf. ;)

IC as Gandalf

As Gandalf led the group up to the tower, Treebread was standing there.

TAG: Treebread

OOC: BHB, where is Nevatar, because I'll save you. :p

17. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    OOC: I think Nevatar is in Mordor, or close to it, since Nevatariel ran through the Black Gates to attack him.

18. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Nevatar[/bfought at Helm's Deep. ;) Nevatariel ran through the Black Gate. She stopped to take a breather, and kept going. She came to Rohan after a long time :p lol Maybe he's at Helm's Deep still... [face_thinking]

19. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    OOC: whoops. Missed that part...oh, well. I'm going to work shortly and I won't be back until around 7 board time. If I'm needed before then (hopefully I won't) you'll have to wait 'til I get home.

20. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Can you have Gandalf answer Donvan too as he talks with Treebeard, eh? :p

21. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    OOC: Keeper_of_Swords, are you going to continue with those Rangers? Because if their mission is to stop the Southern men from aiding Sauron I thought maybe they could meet my character in battle.

22. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Gandalf

Gandalf glanced at Donvan as he approached. He shook his head. "No, he will not cause harm anymore."

TAG: Treebread!!! :p

23. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Vanawenthwen

Vanawenthwen sighed, turned around, and smiled at silma, and pat her back gently, as they slowly began to walk into water. Vanawenthwen smiled again, then shook her head...

TAG: All

24. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    Name: Kaede Shiran
    Appearance: silver hair, deep black skin, silver eyes.
    Side: Bad
    Bio: One of the dark elves, the evil cousins of the elves Kaede was naturaly bad, she came with her brother and lover to fight with saron and became one of his most valued captins.

25. Carl_Jones

Carl_Jones Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2004
    IC as Elrond

Elrond stepped away as Arwen got closer. She hurriedly came up to him, and began speaking out.

"Tell me what you have seen." She said moving in.

"You have the gift of forsight. What did you see?" She asked again.

Elrond stopped, and looked at Arwen, with a sad, unfaithful look.

"I looked into your future, and I saw death..." He said looking away.

TAG: Arwen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.