main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by spacelady, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    OOC: Hey, I'm waiting for someone in the Citadel to respond to Aragorn. Not my fault that our entire cast of characters seems to have fallen into the deepest depths of Moria... :p

~Corran

2. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Welcome, Jedi_Winter. :) *Blinks at Corran* ... You are such a geek, Corran. ;) :p Okay, I'll be taking over Gandalf for the post. Hopefully that'll bring everyone back.

IC as Gandalf and Gimil

Gandalf stood in the white room with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimil, and Eomer. He spoke quietly with saddness in his voice, "Frodo has passed beyond my sight. The darkness is deepening."

"If Sauron had the Ring, we would know it."

Gandalf's eyes moved to Aragorn, "It is only a matter of time. He has suffered a defeat, yes... But... behind the walls of Mordor the enemy is re-grouping."

Gimil sits on the chair of the Steward, smoking his pipe, carelessly, "Let them stay there... Let them rot! Why should we care?"

Gandalf turned to Gimil slowly, "Because ten thousand Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom."

Gandalf slowly paced around the room, "I've sent him to his death..." He said sadly to himself, shaking his head grimly.

TAG: Aragorn, Legolas, Eomer

3. WISE_JEDI12

WISE_JEDI12 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    I LOVE LOTR so if your still takin im in
    Name: Aenithor
    Appearance: Has black hair, brown eyes. Usually wears a soft purple tunic, over that he wears a mail hauberk that is light but it is also very strong. It extends to his knees and on his arms it extends to his elbows. Over that he wears a heavy brown tunic and it is long sleeved. To complete his garb he wears brown breeches, worn black boots, and a Green Hooded Cloak.
    Side: Good
    Bio: Born in Gondor to an Ithilien Ranger and his wife Aenithor was used to shooting a bow and arrow and wielding a sword. When his father and mother were killed he was left on his own in the world. He lost his home and all his money. So for 3 years Aenithor scratched a living off of begging and petty theivery in settlements near Edoras. He had reached Edoras by hitching a ride with a merchant. While of course stealing a few items from his. He was 16 when he had enough money and fighting experience to go back to Gondor and enlist in their army. When he didn't make the cut he took up mercenary work. Killing orcs and men alike for money. Then during his travels he stumbled upon the Elves of Mirkwood, and to his amazement they allowed him to stay. For 4 years he stayed with them enjoying their hospitality and learing all their was to know about guerilla warfare. Eventually him and the elves parted ways and Aenithor arrived back at Minas Tirith and fought in the battle.

OOC Gm could you perhaps make a post for my character indictating what i should have him do.

4. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: PM sent. :)

5. WISE_JEDI12

WISE_JEDI12 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    IC Aenithor

Aenithor stood on a rampart watching the people of Gondor mourn over the loss of loved one's or people searching for the remains of their houses. They were alive but all they had worked so hard for was lost. Many were women looking for their husbands whether dead or alive. Aenithor then jumped off the rampart to the street behind him. He landed with a soft thud, and sat down on a bench that was miraculously not destroyed. He then began cleaning his sword. It was covered with the black blood of the spawn of Sauron, Orcs. He watched people pass by for a couple of minutes then got bored and tossed the bloody rag away. Then Aenithor decided he was tired and took a nap.

Tag Anyone Who Wishes to Interact

6. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    IC - Aragorn

::Aragorn looked up::

No. There's still hope for Frodo. He needs time, and safe passage across the plains of Gorgorath. We can give him that.

TAG: Gimli and Citadel

~Corran

7. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    OOC: I'm so glad this has been resurrected! Can't wait to get back to Frodo!

8. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Gimil

Gimil raised his eyebrow as he pulled his pipe away from his lips, his eyes studying Aragorn carefully, "How...?"

TAG: Aragorn

OOC: Gosh... I've been using female characters to long now. :p

9. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Dallyra Leatherleaf

Dallyra felt sleep overtaking her as she stared out over the balcony to her pearly white room. She turned slowly and approached the bed, pulling the white covers back. It didn't take much effort for her to lay down. Her sore muscles aching as her body rested on the soft bed. Her eyelids closed over her blue eyes, bringing her to sleep quickly.

After a long while of a pleasant, dreamless sleep, a nightmare rushed to Dallyra. Here was where real life mixed with the dream world that had always haunted the Elf, making it impossible to tell the difference between the two.

Dallyra found herself at the dark land of Mordor, her friends and loved ones standing beside her... weapons drawn. Dallyra reached her arm back behind her, pulling an Elven arrow from it's holder, fitting it perfectly on the thin, soft string. Her slender fingers clasped the bow string, bringing it back to her fair cheek. There she waited in that stance for a moment, her Elven friends doing the same.

When given the order to release the arrows by Aragorn, several arrows leashed out, striking few foes from the quickly approaching tide. The slain bodies dropped from their stances, falling to the ground, however this did not stop the masses of black charging the warriors. The Elves quickly replaced the string with another arrow, letting it fly, until they threw down their bows and retrieved their weapons.

Dallyra's hands grabbed her Elven sword, holding it tightly as the rush of the Orcs hit them, knocking over a few soldiers. Dallyra fought to keep her balance, slaying an Orc or two in the mean time. She twirled around, the edge of her blade catching an Orc by the throat. But just before she could finish her twirl completely, she felt a sharp pain in her stomach, letting out a cry.

Dallyra's blue eyes traveled down to find an enemy blade through her stomach slightly. Enough to do serious, if not fatal, damage. The feeling to fall to her knees was becoming overpowering, until finally, she dropped to her knees, her sword falling from her grasp, and landing with a thud on the dirt.

Dallyra slowly began to tip over to the side, her entire world twisting and turning.

Then, it all went blank.

Dallyra's eyes were forced open, and her body jerked itself upward, sitting up right. She fought for breath, her chest moving up and down rapidly. Small sweat drops had formed on her forehead and neck.

TAG: Anyone and All

10. Darth_Frigerator

Darth_Frigerator Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2004
    IC.
    Kalhorn walked into the city dazed and bleeding from a thousand wounds his sword nicked and coated with hthe blood of the enemy hung limp in his hand. his life now saved is not how he pictured it he was so sure he would be killed in the battle. Now his only thought is to his men and the people of middle earth. Kalhorn took out his horn and blew a blast to rally his men.

11. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Just another little up.

12. Darth_Frigerator

Aug 5, 2004
  13. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    IC - Link Riverflow

::Link had been standing on the balcony of their room as Dallyra had went to sleep. He would have joined her, but too many things were on his mind. He knew something dark and terrible laid on the horizon, and as he stared at the black mountains of Mordor, he wondered if he would indeed live to see the dark times banishes. He looked back to the bed to Dallyra's sleeping form and though: Or, for that matter, will any of us survive? He shook his head slowly and let out a low breathe and returned his eyes to the dark lands of Mordor::

::Time seemed to slip by until suddenly the sound of Dallyra jerking awake broke the silence of the night. Link turned and quickly moved back into the room, sitting on the edge of the bed at Dallyra's side, taking her hand in his. She was breathing hard and sweat glistened her face::

Dallyra, look at me. What is it?

TAG: Dallyra

IC - Aragorn

::Aragorn looked to the others, aware of the reaction this would receive::

Draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength... and march on the Black Gate.

TAG: Citadel

~Corran

14. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: I can't remember who plays Eomer. So... if any of you do in fact play him, please post as IC, however if no one does control him, I'll be happy if someone steps forward and takes him. ;) :)

Dallyra's sharp blue eyes found Link as he quickly approached her, taking a seat on the bed near her. She squeezed his hand tightly as it took hers, putting all her effort into slowing her breathing. A deep breath escaped her lips as the cool air from the night brushed against her damp skin.

"It was only a dream... Nothing more, my love."

Dallyra spoke in a slightly trembling voice, trying to convince him that it was nothing, though her eyes and hand said the differ. Letting his hand go, she reached out and wrapped her arms around Link, sighing as her body rested against his. She felt safe in his arms. Nothing could penetrate their love.

After a long, silent moment of holding each other, Dallyra spoke, her voice now calm.

"I saw the warriors of Rohan and of Gondor at the Black Gate of Mordor. The enemy had reached us, swiftly swallowing us into the fight. As I turned, an enemy struck me in the waist, bringing me to the ground..."

Dallyra trailed off as she pulled away from Link's grasp, her eyes watching him, "I awoke when I fell."

Now her voice sounded hallow and fearful. Was this her fate? Dallyra's dreams had always turned out to be true.

TAG: Link

IC as Gimil

Gimil held his pipe at his lips, quietly listening to Aragorn's plan. When the Dwarf realized what he had said, he choaked, bringing his pipe away from his lips.

How could he be serious?

TAG: All in the room

IC as Liriel Darkwood

Liriel staggered into the city of Minas Tirith, her dirty face now tear streaked, glowed. At each corner she took, new slain bodies found her eyes, and each time she couldn't help but think back on Terras, and everytime she thought about him, more, hot tears pressed into her dark, Elven eyes. She stumbled to one of the benches, almost falling on the seat.

Liriel's dark warrior clad flapped around in the chilly wind, her dark brown hair hung heavilly at her back and a few strands had fallen from the long braid. Her dark eyes stared lazilly at the stone ground, her fair hand tightly clasping the coin Terras had given her. So much for luck. If anything, the coin gave it's keeper a curse, instead of a gift.

Liriel sighed as she brought it to her, keeping her fingers wrapped tightly about it.

TAG: Gondor

15. Darth_Frigerator

Aug 5, 2004
  16. Darth_Frigerator

Aug 5, 2004
    HELLO!? IS THIS DEAD? WE NEED TO WRAP THIS SUCKER UP AND HOPEFULLY IN THE NEXT 3 WEEKS SO COME ON LES'S GO!!!!!!!!!!

17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: It's pretty much dead...but let's what we can do.

Elvynd IC:

Elvynd moved off into Minas Tirith and bid Elena a temporary goodbye, he could tell she wasn't too thrilled about that, especially with his still heavily bleeding arm that he was ignoring, but he made her go telling her he had business to attend to. He'd meet up with her soon.

Elvynd approached Dallyra's friend, Liriel, that he saw sitting on a bench not far off from some slain bodies. She had injuries of her own, though it looked like they were mostly healed and bandaged, and she was also crying, grasping something close to her.

He quietly moved next to her and sat down. He felt he knew what the issue was, she lost somebody. And many had this day, many had. Elvynd also felt he knew who it was she lost. That man Elvynd had fought with against that elite orc during the battle. He had looked like a good man and if he had attracted such a beautiful elf (Though not as much so as Elena he thought selfishly before pushing it away in his mind) and one that was a friend to Dallyra...he knew he must of been indeed.

"How are you feeling?" he asked suddenly, his voice soft with apology and worry.

Tag: Liriel, Elena

18. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Up!

IC as Liriel Darkwood

Liriel held the coin against her heart as she leaned over, almost craddling it. She closed her eyes and began to think back on the quick love she had. It was there and gone all within a second, it seemed. The Elf maiden wondered if she would ever heal from this broken heart that had haunted her.

If only I had been there... This was my fault.... all of it. Liriel thought, Terras never deserved what happened to him.

Liriel drew in a long and deep breath and slowly let it out, feeling someone sit down next to her. Without opening her dark eyes, she listened to the visitor. Elyvnd. The Elf who was friends with Dallyra ever since her birth. She cleared her thoughts the best she knew how as to concentrate on his question.

"We have defeated for enemy for the moment... I am fine."

Liriel finally opened her eyes and looked to the side where Elvynd sat quiet, though trying to conceal her loss, the tear streaked Elven face showed the truth.

TAG: Elyvnd

19. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    OOC: Wow, I'm really sorry about not checknig in recently. It completely slipped my mind.

IC - Link Riverflow

::Link wrapped his arms around Dallyra and held her close to him, gently stroking his hand through her soft hair::

Don't worry, Dallyra, it was just a dream. You're all right, and I'm here.

TAG: Dallyra

~Corran

20. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Wow, I really thought this was going to die. Awesome. :p

Dallyra put her arms around Link again, holding him close to her and feeling the warmth from his body. She closed her eyes as her head rested gently on his shoulder, feeling safe once again. She so badly wanted to say something, something that would agree to his thoughts, but nothing came. Only silence. She sighed, holding him tightly in her arms, afraid to lose him.

Link would never let that dream come true. Not ever. The thought of that relaxed Dallyra as he held her in his loving arms. Closing her eyes again, she let the time slip by, keeping Link close.

TAG: Link

21. Darth_Frigerator

Aug 5, 2004
    ic; kalhorn
    Kalhorn gathered his men...Not many only 110 men were still alive and only 89 of those could still fight "Alright let's pick up the peices. TAG:Everyone!!!!

22. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    OOC: Ack! It's alive! And I missed so much! *:mad: at myself* Can we put Natalie somewhere, or should I just leave?

23. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    OOC: UUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!! *kills OPPM* *kills it again*

24. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    OOC: Ok, first of all, I'm SO sorry I forgot about this...

Second... could someone catch me up on what I missed? Where are we in the timeline and who's around for Elena and Darrin to talk to?

25. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    OOC: Ummm could i join, and if i can can someone tell me the big events that have happend?

Name: Anithr
    Appearance: Has black hair, brown eyes. He usily wheres his gondorian aruomor but if hes off duity here where casual gondorian cloths.
    Bio: Born in Gondor, but mordor had already begain attacks on gondor so he never lived in a time of peace. He eventuly joined the gondor as a soldier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.