main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jirin_Raman, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I figured that at least some of us are huge fantasy marks, and will be going to see TTT sometime (jedivalens comes to mind, since you did mention it in the other thread :D ). In order to keep our thoughts consolidated, I figured I might as well create this thread! Feel free to discuss before, after, during, whatever---The Two Towers. Also, feel free to discuss the novels, Fellowship of the Ring, etc.

If I may ask a favor, though, please post ****SPOILER**** in the first couple of lines of your post if you are posting potential spoiler material, in case some haven't seen 1 or both of the movies (or read the books).

Discuss!

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    just got back from TTT... saw the midnight showing... very good movie. i enjoyed it as much as FOTR. i dont want to ruin it for anyone who hasnt read the book or seen it yet, ... like anyone ever comes in here but whatever...

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    one word.......DAMN!

4. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Freaks!! Who goes to a midnight showing of a movie.........?? ;) [face_mischief]

5. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Havent seen either of the movies yet, but I've ready the trilogy... talk about death on paper! Sheesh! Dones Tolkien like to ramble or what!?

6. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    man! people who go to midnight showings ARE freaks!.......wait a minute...

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    :cool:

DSGeorge, another friend, and I are going to see TTT today at 4pm. I'll try to post my thoughts (with proper **Spoiler** heading) here either later tonight, or tomorrow.

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Dones Tolkien like to ramble or what!?

That is precisely the reason why I never could read the entire trilogy in high school, nor after I attempted again after seeing Fellowship. I just don't like the style of Tolkien's writing. Much, much too "wordy" for me. The movies are a blessing, as now I get to experience the trilogy without all the damn hassle.

9. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I saw the midnight showing as well, with a big group of friends. We were the ones on the far left of the theater in tents, heh. :) Anyhow, yeah, I loved the movie it was great. Peter Jackson is definitely capturing some of the most beautiful images of all time on film.

And on the books, I've read all three and I didn't find it the least bit difficult to get through them. They were quite enjoyable. If you think Tolkien is wordy, read some Dickens.

10. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    hey, valens and i were right behind the people in the tents! we got there at like 4 pm...

11. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Reaaalllyyy, there were like tents in front of every line almost, what theatre number line were you in? I was theatre 10.

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yep we were in theater 10! cool.

13. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    what a small world eh?

14. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Indeed. Doubt you remember this obscure detail, but in theatre 10 after the "Back to the Future" advertisment/trailer was shown, I was the one that yelled out "Doc Brown is a pimp!" Anyhow, I enjoy doing things like that at midnight showings, see if I can get a laugh from the audience, heh. After "The Core" trailer, I remember another guy yelled out "Armeggeddon 2!" Guess I'm not the only one.

Anyhow, yeah, surprisingly enough I think the same thing happened at the Episode II midnight showing, we were all in the same line...you guys even took pictures with my friends who were dressed up as jedi (i wasn't dressed up, heh). Well damn, we'll have to coordinate a meeting for Return of the King.

15. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    hey i remember someone saying that, we all laughed! hehe

16. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Well, saw FOTR the other night, my dad did a very dumb thing and got the extended version... eesh, that thing was FOUR FREAKIN' HOURS LONG!!! Almost, anyway. Good movie though, not likely to watch it again in a while though, lol! That Daemon was AWESOME :D Stayed up till like 2am watching it. It completely confused my mom though cause she fell asleep at one point then woke up again before the movie was over. She hasn't read the books.

17. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    exteneded version bad thing? i love it! i think it makes it a lot better, in fact i want even more!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.