main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Lord of the Rings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Quickstrike34, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    TO ALL PLAYERS:

Due to some major problems that have occured, the GMs have decided that the best thing to do for the game would be a restart including some renovations that would make the game easier and more fun for us all. If you are not in favor of this restart, please PM me within the next few days with your concerns and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
    The GMs

2. BrianCaroll

BrianCaroll Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2003
    i thought this game was dead a long time ago, or so thats what i've been hearing. so were starting all over ?

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Yeah, okay ...

Do we keep our characters?

4. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    To avoid more Soap Operas, original characters that are sibling to existing characters will not be allowed. Only exception is if the Sibling really existed like Boromir to Faramir for example.

Original characters should have their own backgrounds and it is the consensus of the GMs that having major ties to main characters hinders this.

Name: Goldfeather
    Race: Elf
    Background: Borne to the Noldor kin, Goldfeather fought in Feanor's army during the War of the Jewels. When the Numenoreans came to Middle Earth, he befriended Elendil and his kin. At the break of Saraun's war, Goldfeather joined his Noldor brothers as a general under his friend, King Gilgalad. Since the days of the Last Alliance, Goldfether wandered in the North lands alone...

This is a good example of an original character bio. He was in major events but was still only minorly involved with main characters. It's a big world and just keep that in mind with your character bios. ;)

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I assume it's okay to keep discussing the new RP in this thread?

So, anyway ... that's a brilliant rule, IMO :D. I think I'll be tweaking my character bio a little bit ... I don't really like it anymore, and I think I can do better ...

6. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    Nice idea. But, to ask a much-asked question, do we get to keep our characters?

7. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    In most cases yes. We're having a little discussion revolving around the fellowship characters and their quest but most characters are still ok.

8. zca2004

zca2004 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    Name:Galandar

Species:Wizard

Height:6'6"

Hair color:Dark Brown

Eye color:Hazel

Body Build:Full build, equal strength throughout body, tall and solid

Place of Birth:Unknown

Personality traits:Always trying to solve a problem, not too social, and takes his learnings seriously.

Distinguishing features:Has a beared that goes down to shoulder level. Also his Height.

Brief or In-depth Bio:Nobody knows exactly what Galandar's far past is. All we do know is that he excels at magic usage and has witnessed nearly 500 battles in the time that he has lived.

This is my very first RPG so if anyone could spare any help I would greatly appreciate it.

9. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Well, unfortunetly, this particualar game died out awhile back. However, if your interested in a LOTR based RPG, check out The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring posted by Spacelady. :D

Heres the link:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14031861&page=14

10. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    Name: Anadriewen
    Species: Elf
    Height: 5'10"
    Hair color: Dark black hair.
    Eye color: Sapphire blue.
    Body build: Tall, lithe, and athletic.
    Place of Birth: Unknown
    Personality traits: Soft spoken at times, but has a very good to be around personality and is a fierce warrior depite her pacifist up-bringing.
    Distinguishing features: Her elbow length dark black hair and sapphire blue eyes.
    Bio: Brought up in a pacifist city, Anadriewen wanted more than her city offered her. She left her birth city shortly before it was destroyed. When she returned from a journey to Rivendell, she found her city in ruin and all of her kin dead. Since that tragic day she has seen many battles, no one is quite sure how many she has been in.

11. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Well, unfortunetly, this particualar game died out awhile back. However, if your interested in a LOTR based RPG, check out The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring posted by Spacelady.

Heres the link:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14031861&page=14

12. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I don't quite know how this escaped a lock back in the day, but it's getting locked now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.