main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Lords of Middle-Earth: Door of Night

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Amanion Calestel

"Are you serious?" Amanion said dumbstuck. "This is what you thought we meant?" he added, the markings on him subsiding into nothingness. "We are looking to the Door of Night, the portal that leads to..." he began. "To something of far greater importance than any geological phenomena." Amanion said, he could not inform the others around him of the true nature of the Door of Night, at least not unless they already knew. "Aranarth, I suggest we continue our quest immediately, if we hurry we may still make it to Dol Guldur and still find the location of the real Door of Night." he said turning to the leader of the group. "I apologize for not being able to divine this places authenticity, I guess something in my three age long existence wanted to believe that our journey was so close to ending that it clouded my perception." he added, bowing his head in shame. "However those markings on my finger that you saw mean that something terrible nears, either that or some great obstacle has presented itself to our mission. The sooner we leave and continue it the better." he added.

TAG: Fake Door of Night group

2. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Sorry for my lack of posting, been feeling a bit low and uncreative the last couple of days

IC: Evalynn Astalith

Evalynn could only watch in suprise as Varesi snatched the door of night key from his sister and just tossed it to Aranarth without as much as a second thought. Tareya was clearly not happy with her brother but again the Horosil brother didn't seem to care. She watched as Aranarth studied the key for a moment before moving towards the door and unlocking it. Varesi led the way over the threshold, and she followed. After a short walk through a twisting turning tunnel, they ended up in a large chamber. The room was really dark, but yet, there seemed to be stars glittering within the air of the chamber. It was almost as if a chunk of the night sky had fallen to the earth and been locked away for safe keeping.

"How strange! but also beautiful at the same time"

She mused to herself quietly as she continued to look about the chamber. Overhearing the Horosil siblings as she did so

"And I hope this is what you were looking for! We've been guarding it ever since I discovered it as a kid,"

I hope you like underground geographical phenomena,"

By the tone of his voice, Varesi did not sound at all enthusiatic about the whole thing. She furrowed her brows a little, not that anyone could actually see. And where was the object of great importance they were seeking? Then she heard Amanion's voice. A mix of suprise and confusion. She listened to his words. They were in the wrong place?

TAG: Door of night people

3. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Amanion Claestel

Amanion surveyed the faces of his companions, and crossed that of Evalynn. "Yes this is the wrong place." he said answering the image of of her confusion. "If this were the true Door of Night, of which we seek, there would be entities of infinite terror, and no light would pierce it's aura." he added. He then went to the door they had entered through. "Aranarth, we leave at your command." he continued, extending his hand to the exit.

TAG: Aranarth, Evalynn

4. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Theniniel

"What do you think is going to happen to us if we lose?"]

A very faint frown crossed Theniniel's face as she gazed down at the Elf maiden being tended to. Slowly, bitting back a wince, she leaned against the old stone wall and let out a quiet breath. She was silent for a moment before finally answering her friend.

"If we are caught," Theniniel started slowly, "then only the Valar will know. Perhaps we will be killed, perhaps tortured. But perhaps, we will escape from this place. Just because we have lost the battle - it does not mean death...and who knows. Perhaps there is still a glimmer of hope for victory." Though her voice sounded confident of that reply, her mind gave a scoff at it. There was no hope left for her and even if they could continue the fight, there would be no fighting for her. She could barely even stand straight without making her wounds worse or the searing pain from bluring her vision.

Samuel would pay for the actions he had taken against Usilidur and herself. And the company for the Door of Night. If they did survive the night and make it out of Helm's Deep, she would vow to the Valar that he would die and by no hand but her own.

"Where did you get those wounds? They are too clean for an uruk."

Ethlawen's voice brought her out of her thoughts and looking over at her. Only a brief smile changed the tense facial features. "That is good of you to notice such a small detail, Ethlawen. Perhaps you are indeed a true warrior at heart if you are to recognize such a thing." She replied back quietly, trying to keep her voice steady.

Tag: Ethlawen

IC as Alagosir

The group slowly moved into the Door of Night, which was a path that winded and twisted back a few times before opening up to a large cavern. The darkness was lit up by what looked like stars across the ceiling of the cave, certainly taking the breath away of Alagosir. It was indeed beautiful, he mused as he stood nearby Evalynn to make sure she was safe.

...but something just didn't seem to fit. This was the Door of Night? The place their enemies were trying to use for their own power?

"And I hope this is what you were looking for! We've been guarding it ever since I discovered it as a kid,"

"I hope you like underground geographical phenomena,"

Alagosir's face tightened immediately at Varesi's comment. This wasn't...the Door of Night...? His brows furrowed together as he slowly lowered his head down in slight irritation. He knew something was off, but still...they had led them all this way thinking of the wrong thing.

He looked to Evalynn after Amanion had said something to her, though he hadn't paid any heed to it. He frowned heavily and shaking his head. What were they going to do now? After they had felt such a hope for finding it and having the end of this quest in view, but now having it ripped away. "Well...it seems our journey is not done yet." He commented to Evalynn with a sigh.

Tag: Evalynn and "Door of Night"

5. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Jango just informed me that he will be dropping out of this RPG and that I get to take control as GM. The only thing that is making me hesitant in taking control is the lack of posts and activity lately, and I know one or two of you don't exactly like to think of me as in control. ;)

For those of you still around, whether active and waiting on certain people to post in reply or lurking, I'd like to know how many are willing to keep the game active. From there I can make a choice on having it locked or not.

Thank you players,

Spacelady

6. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    OOC: I'm all for this going on, but for me there is a slight problem. I am leaving for Spain on tuesday and am going to be gone for three weeks. Horrible timing, obviously, but I can't help it. So, please folks, keep this going until I get back.

7. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    I would very much like for this RPG to keep on going

8. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: If we do decide to keep this going, Nick, I'll control Usilidur if need be. You don't need to worry about that. :)

9. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: I'm still in. If you wish spacelady I can co'GM with you. :) And I will post my reply when we make the decision whether or not to continue this.

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Only three out of the rest? Well then, I will give the others until tomorrow to post and if they do or not, I'll still make my decision then.

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I will still play of course. I would like to see this continue. :) I am by whatever decision is made, as you know. ;)

12. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Ok, I'm in, although send me a pm whenever you decide what to do

13. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Well it seems that most of the active players want to keep the game going and I do too. Starting now, the RPG is back on and I will be its new GM. If any of you have any problems, concerns, questions, direct your PMs to me. :)

You may now continue with the game. ;)

14. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: You forgot me. I'm in for sure.

15. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Attention dudes and dudets, major league butt kicking is back in town!

IC: Ethlawen

That is good of you to notice such a small detail, Ethlawen. Perhaps you are indeed a true warrior at heart if you are to recognize such a thing."

Ethlawen smiled back a grimince. "If my father had heard you say that, he will be angry...So angry that if he were here he whould have scared away the uruk-kai."

She sighed, but decided to continue. "Theniniel, my father and mother don't know I'm here. I left without their permission."

TAG: Theniniel

16. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Evalynn Astalith

Through the many fustrated words and and disbeliving statements from the members of the company as they stood in the sparkling cave, Evalynn heard the sigh from her elven companion beside her. She had a feeling that Alagosir might be slightly more irritated then the rest of the party. So much time had been wasted on this fruitless endevour.

"Well...it seems our journey is not done yet"

Evalynn nodded in agreement and then turned to look up at him

"Yes, it certainly looks that way. What do you think we should do?"

TAG: Spacelady, any

17. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Amanion Calestel

"We should continue to Dol Guldur, as planned." Amanion said. "It was our original plan and it is the one we should follow. I doubt we have much time, I have little doubt that while we've stayed here both Saruman and Sauron have increased their power, not to mention the Witch King. We will not last long, If we do not act quickly, Rhovanion, Gondor, and Eraidor will fall under their shadow." Amanion said.

TAG: All at fake DoN

18. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Celbrandir

"Indeed, although even if this is not what we were looking for had it been any other time I would wait a while as this cave is quite beautiful in its own way, but alas we must be moving." Celbrandir replied, before saying quietly under his breath, "Or I fear for my home..."

Tag

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Varesi & Tareya Horosil IC:
    Location ~The Night Cave, Rohan

Varesi and Tareya stood where they were in the cave, watching the others quietly. Varesi unsurprised while Tareya had a puzzled expression on her face. This wasn't what they were looking for? How could that be? It had to be, they just didn't understand yet. Even if some of them were elves.

Varesi seemed to catch on to her thoughts through the mysterious bond of a twin sibling and put a hand on her shoulder, stopping her before she said anything.

"I am sorry this was not what you were looking for," spoke up Varesi, "I had thought as much. We will not cause you anymore trouble as you go on your way. Again, you may get anything you may need from Ceraias and then head out whenever you are ready."

"And don't forget I'm coming on this little journey of yours! Whatever this other Door of Night is, I want in," Tareya butted in.

"Tareya, that is not our place," admonished her brother. She ignored him.

"I suggest we get what we all need and get going as soon as possible," continued "Lady" Horosil as if she were in charge.

Varesi stood where he was, staring at his sister. What a brat, he thought silently.

Tag: Everyone at the Cave

20. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    GM approved

Name: Hargoth son of Hirgeth
    Species: Human
    Affiliation: Rohirrim
    Home Country: Rohan, west fold
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 185
    Eyes: puppy brown
    Hair: golden brown, shoulder length
    Clothing: red and brown leather tunic and pants, brown cloak, black boot.
    Weapons/Equipment: Broad Sword, Bow and quiver full of arrows, red and brown breastplate and forearm plates, a black horse named Hirgeth after his father.
    Any Other Additional Features: he has a goatee, scar on left side of jaw.
    Bio: Hargoth was born on a farm in the west fold. He grew up dreaming of becoming a warrior like his father before him, his father was killed by wargs when Hargoth was 14 years old. When Hargoth was older he inherited his fathers sword Oricto, and became a soldier. Hargoth is one of the riders in Eomers company.

21. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Theniniel

"If my father had heard you say that, he will be angry...So angry that if he were here he whould have scared away the uruk-kai. Theniniel, my father and mother don't know I'm here. I left without their permission."

Theniniel closed her eyes and let out a sigh while slowly leaning her head back against the stone wall. So that is why she came with the warriors...she mused and let out another quiet sigh. "You should not have done that, Ethlawen..." Especially when we are not the victors. What will your family think of this?

She opened her blue eyes and looked down at her friend. "War is not something to be taken lightly, my friend...it is a shame you could not realize that before you left your home."

Tag: Ethlawen

IC as Alagosir

Alagosir let out a long and deep breath when Evalynn looked up at him. The question she posed to him had a very simple answer, but...Why was it this hard? Why couldn't saving the world of Middle-Earth be as easy as stumbling into a small Rohan village and enduring three tests? Why was it just as hard as those stories of brave heroes?

He looked to Amanion and Celbrandir, nodding grimly at their words. "As much as I wish it were not true...We do not have much more time to find the true Door of Night. The only course we may take, besides straying from the task, is to keep moving forward to Dol Guldur."

His attention then quickly moved over to the twins and he blinked at the sister. It seemed she was bent on traveling with them...and so would Darcyn...if they weren't careful to avoid him. Either way...she would still follow them, even if they had told her no. Just like Darcyn before. He sighed at this. "Can you fight, Lady Horosil? I would be more...willing if you were able to hold your own in a fight. We are traveling to a dangerous place and everyone will need to know how to keep themselves safe from attack."

Alagosir would probably be given stern or questioning looks at his words, but he truly knew, this Horosil girl would not back down from this "challenge". And neither would Darcyn.

Tag: "Door of Night"

22. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Hargoth son of Hirgeth

Hargoth ran to the door carrying a wooden table, he used it to help barricade the door. Despite the fact that he was exhausted, he still ran back and forth with anything he could find to barricade the door with. He was one among many doing this. Hargoth ran to the area where the wounded were. "I'm sorry but I must take this bench." The wounded soldiers got off the bench and sat up against the wall. "Thank you." Hargoth picked up one end of the bench, and another soldier picked up the other. They carried it up until Hargoth passed Eomer, he signaled for another soldier to take his end, and they put it up against the door. Hargoth ran over to Eomer. "Lord Eomer, we can't hold them off much longer. We need a plan of action, what are your orders my Lord?"

Tag: Eomer

23. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    IC: Ethlawen

"You should not have done that, Ethlawen...War is not something to be taken lightly, my friend...it is a shame you could not realize that before you left your home."

Ethlawen sighed and shook her head. She expected this reaction to happen. No matter how much she tried to deny it, she knew this was going to happen. "You don't understand Theniniel. If you think Rivendell is safe, it is not. In fact Rivendell is just as safe as this place is. You may not ralize this but the shadow of Angmar is growing every day. Furthermore, you don't know what has happened to me."

Ethlawen paused for a moment. She wanted to tell Theniniel the two terrible events that happened to her. But her heart still breaks everytime she thinks about it. So she said "I did what I thought was right."

TAG: Theniniel

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Tareya Horosil IC:
    Location ~Night Cave, Rohan

Tareya looked over to the elf that spoke to her, while Varesi sighed and folded his arms, not sure what to say.

"Can you fight, Lady Horosil? I would be more...willing if you were able to hold your own in a fight. We are traveling to a dangerous place and everyone will need to know how to keep themselves safe from attack."

Tareya smirked, "Of course I can fight," as if that was obvious, "is that a sort of challenge?"

With that she pulled out her sword she had sheathed, "You want to fight to see!?"

Varesi put his hand on her wrists and lowered the sword however, "He was asking not challenging, sister."

She sheathed it grudgingly, "Fine. But yes. I can fight....just let me know if you want to see."

Varesi shook his head, "Well, lets get back to the village and get you all ready."

He apparently still planned to attempt to stop his sister from going when arriving back at home.

Tag: Alagosir, Anyone Else at the Cave

25. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Hey guys it's getting pretty quiet, are you guys awake?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.