main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Lords of Middle-Earth: Door of Night

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renson

Renson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    IC: Berwyn Telrún
    Scouting Mission

"...My traveling skills and keen senses could be vital."

Hargoth looked over at Berwyn, his face showing the slightest bit of apprehension. This usually wouldn't have worried Berwyn, his sternness fueling his confidence, however if they were to face enemies he would need his fellow scouts at the top of their game. Yet still, he wasn't worried, this man looked like a seasoned warrior and someone who knew what had to be done. "You are most welcome to join me." The man looked over at a soldier that strolled the rock. "See if you can find a horse for Lady Ethlawen. Shes wounded, so until she can be healed she should do as little walking as possible."

He felt a ping of guilt flow through his stomach and body. He felt bad for taking his horse away from the injured elf, yet it was something he had to do. The crowd was spreading out now, slowly growing more calm. The were moving at a steady pace towards the more open fields that were opposite the mouth of the caverns. Berwyn could feel the light breeze on his face. It was like it spoke to him, his hair blew gently out of his face, fluttering on both sides of his cheek bones. The wind didn't talk in words, but feelings. He suddenly got a feeling of an impending fight.

The captain had swollen red eyes that tears streaked out of as he walked back towards the assemble group. "Are the two of you ready?" Berwyn looked at the man and nodded.

As the scouting group set out Berwyn rode up to the side of Hargoth's mount. "Milord, I fear that a conflict shall arise on our mission. The winds whistles it on the light breeze." Berwyn's voice was low and gruff, the man coming out in him. "Know that I am by your side, milord. Lead the way." Berwyn softly stirred his mount to the side, so soft it seemed as if Silme herself floated on a tide of air.

Tag: Mister_Master, AMNDRAG_01

2. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Theniniel

Theniniel smiled a little more when one almost exactly mirrored went to Usilidur's face. Leaning back slightly to not aggravate her wound, she returned the brief and soft kiss before he pulled away to focus back onto the road. ?I hadn?t, until I met you, Then. Since, I have been finding myself capable of more and more spectacular feats."

The Elvish maiden chuckled gently at his comment, fearing that if she had laughed any harder, her wound would be torn open again. However, her light hearted chuckle came to a stop when the pain flared up. She gritted her teeth together and let out a small hiss of pain, grabbing Usilidur's arm tightly in reaction to it. She eased her grip and relaxed against his chest when it lowered a good amount. "And I, since having met you, have been getting more and more wounded all the time." She laughed, but once again, keeping it under control. She closed her eyes and rested her head against him as he continued to guide the horse along with the other slowly moving people.

?How are you feeling, love? Would you like water, or a bit of lembas??

Theniniel opened her eyes to look up at Usilidur with a small nod. "I would like some water, if you please. My throat has been dry ever since the battle...and besides feeling obvious pain from my wound, I am well, I suppose." Though remembering their situation again, a heavy frown hardened her fair features. Her blue eyes, however, narrowed dangerously ahead of them. It was Samuel's fault. If it were not for his betrayal, they would not be in this situation - fleeing injured from one of the few safe havens left. He would pay for what he did, Theniniel swore he would.

Tag: Usilidur

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Evalynn Astalith

Evalynn noticed the smile that eased across Alagosir's face at her response

"I am worried for whatever awaits us in the future as we draw ever closer to the looming Dol Guldur, however, I am gladdened to hear that you are doing better, my lady."

Evalynn found herself blushing slightly at the My lady comment, but she fought it away as she nodded her head in understanding. In truth, she was also feeling a little bit apprehensive about the road ahead. No doubt they all were. She saw her elven companion look forward again, seemingly in thought before he spoke again, but this time at a level that only she was intended to hear

"Perhaps...if nothing concerning is happening, I would like to speak to you - in private about some matters. Only if you wish to, of course."

Bringing her attention back to him, there was a tiny flicker of surprise in her blue eyes before she blinked it away. Private? What could that be about? She fiddled with the sleeve of her tunic absentmindedly as she walked.

"Yes, um, of course. I meant what I said earlier about if you ever needed to talk. I do not mind"

TAG: Spacey

4. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    IC: Ethlawen

"Lady Ethlawen, this is Breklon. He belongs to a boy who lost his family. He would keep it if not for the fact that he died just a few minutes ago. The Horse no longer has an owner. In honor of Breelor, who died protecting Rohan, take his horse, and ride it with Honor."

Ethlawen got on the horse, nodded, and said "I will..." As the soldier walked away, she sighed with the price that was being payed to keep Middle Earth free from Sauron's control. Then she noticed Theniniel and Usilidur looking at eachother in a look that made her stomach hurt. She felt ashamed of herself, she should fell happy that Theniniel found someone she loves not jelous. She shooh her head and made a promise to herself. She will have to tell Theniniel about Nimthîriel, Tolandiel, Eruanna, Caunardhon and Julessina.

TAG: Nick, Spacy

IC: Tangadion

"Are the two of you ready?"

Tangadion nodded and said "I've been ready." As the group set off, the other elf said "Milord, I fear that a conflict shall arise on our mission. The winds whistles it on the light breeze." Tangadion smiled and said "The enemy better fear us, more than we fear them." Sepheron lifted his head up and smelled the breeze. Without warning, the black horse brayed like a dragon. To make it clear to their enemy that he enjoys running into battle along side his master.

TAG: MM, Renson

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

It was miserable as a slave-rower. Thorvard was given a meagre amount of food and water ? just enough to keep him alive and rowing. He hands and feet were bound in chains fixed to the wooden planks of the longship. The only thing he learnt was that the Pirate Captain?s name was Dag Hognison and the whip-holder who kept the slaves rowing was Urda-Stein ? a huge man with an ill temper and a constant bad attitude.

The slaves were beaten if they talked to each other. Thorvard spoke to no one, the main reason not being the beatings but the black mood he was in. The slave in front of him was a young boy of about fifteen. He was in deathly fear and sometimes whimpered and mumbled very softly to himself as his arms ached.

?To think...? Thorvard thought, ?that I should finish off like this??

With a twist of irony he was going to end up in Beler, he thought to himself, but dead in a casket ? not as a Lord.

One morning, the boy in front of Thorvard gave one of his usual moans and it reached Urda-Stein?s ears.

Urda approached the boy like a dragon approaching a sheep, enjoying the opportunity to pick on a slave.

?You said something boy??

The slave looked up. His eyes were wide and his teeth chattered as he tried to say something. But only squawks and a whimper were voiced.

?You making fun of me boy?? Urda roared, raising his whip.

?No,? the boy managed. The answer was almost inaudible and only Thorvard heard it.

?What?? shouted Urda. ?I can?t hear you, speak up!?

The boy gulped. ?No,? he again answered in a louder voice.

Urda immediately lashed out with his whip. ?Why did you answer? You know the rules! We don?t tolerate talking from slaves here.?

The boy tried to cover his face with his arms and cried in pain as the whip flicked into flesh, drawing blood.

Thorvard couldn?t stand it any longer. He lifted his oar and slammed it against the back of Urda?s head.

Urda collapsed.

Mouth open, the boy looked in amazement at his aggressor lying on the ground.

Thorvard was sure he would be slain there and then for what he had done, but looking at Urda?s body he saw a ring of keys in the whip-holder?s belt.

It was crazy to try and escape at that moment. But then, Thorvard was about to be killed anyway, probably sooner than the Pirate Captain promised, due to the fact that he had hit Urda-Stein.

So he immediately made up his mind to attempt an escape.

?None can escape their wyrd - but there is no reason why the norns should have an easy weave of it!? he thought.

Some other pirates saw what had happened and yelled, letting go of their oars and rushing towards the Morwenian.

Thorvard reached for Urda?s belt, unbuckled it and slid out the ring of keys.

He fumbled with a large key, turning it in a lock to release himself from the chains at his feet.

A pirate approached him, sword raised.

Thorvard picked up his oar and used it to block the blow which the pirate dealt. He then swung it sideways with such a large force that he broke the pirate?s jaw and he went toppling to the ground.

The keys that fitted in the locks of the prisoners? manacles were different from each other. Thorvard didn?t have time to try them all, there were too many, so in order to free himself further, the rebel slave quickly grabbed the pirate?s sword and using its blade, delivered hits between the plank of the ship and piece of metal to which his manacles were attached.

Meanwhile, other nearby pirate attacked.

A sturdy slave rower on the opposite side of where Thorvard rowed reached for Urda?s fallen whip and flicked it, making it coil against the legs of one pirate, causing him to fall forward on his face.

Thorvard gave two more strokes at the wood, splinters flying everywhere ? he accurately hit the spot where the metal piece was attached and the blade rung against it as it broke the wood. With one final stroke, the metal detached completely.

The manacles that held his hands had a chain which was quite long to allow slaves to row, and this did not hind

6. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Main character:

Name: Thorvard
    Species: Human
    Affiliation: Tol Morwen
    Home Country: Beler?(currently exiled)
    Height: 6?3?
    Weight: 199

Eyes: black
    Hair: golden
    Clothing: cuirass, sometimes chain-mail in battle, leather cross garters, boots, leather jerkin.
    Weapons/Equipment: two-handed sword, sometimes round shield
    Any Other Additional Features: no

Bio: (taken from post)

Thorvard was from the isle of Tol Morwen and he was the son of the Lord of Beler. At the age of ten his father had taken him to battle against the Fuinians on the neighboring island of Tol Fuin. The idea was for the boy to see soldiers in combat and learn in the skills of warfare, but the Morwenian shield wall had broken, the Lord of Beler was slain and Thorvard captured.

Instead of killing the boy, a Fuinian Chief had ransomed him but when news came that Thorvard?s uncle had declared himself Lord of Beler, the Fuinian sensed that something was not right.

Two men came with the money and took Thorvard off.

?Follow me,? the Fuinian Chief told two of his men. They rode out in the dead of the night and the Fuinian?s suspicions had been correct.

For upon reaching a glade in the forest, the Morwenians dismounted from their horses and drew their swords. Pulling Thorvard from a saddle, they raised their blades.

?Attack!? shouted the Fuinian Chief, and he and his men leapt out of the darkness in full charge.

Taken by surprise, the Morwenians tried to parry the strikes dealt but were soon cut down. And so it was that Thorvard stayed with the Fuinians.

Ragnar, the Fuinian Chief was like a father to the boy. Thorvard?s mother had died and he had no siblings.

So the enemies of Thorvard?s people became his family, his real kin ? his uncle who sought to kill the rightful young Lord of Beler was now his deadly foe.

Minor characters:

Name: Vigfus Onundson
    Affiliation: Gondor, but very loosely ? he has little to do with the region now.
    Home Country: Linhir (before it got destroyed)

Eyes: black
    Hair: black
    Clothing: cuirass, sometimes chain-mail in battle, leather cross garters, boots, leather jerkin.
    Weapons/Equipment: Twin swords

?I was a soldier garrisoned in a tower overlooking the town of Linhir in southern Gondor.?

The names meant nothing to Thorvard.

?We were brutally attacked,? Vigfus continued. ?In the dead of the night, before, there was time to sound the tower horn, orcs fired volleys of crossbow bolts straight into the wooden tower and it caught fire fast.

The orcs streamed into the town and in the darkness slew the guards patrolling the streets. Then they raided and killed most of the inhabitants of the land.?

Vigfus was talking softly now. ?Including my wife and son who I dearly loved,? he said with a heavy heart.

There was a pause.

?I could do nothing,? the warrior continued. ?I leapt out of the tower, the clothing of my arm on fire, and I badly hurt my leg. The townsfolk that were not slain were sold as slaves to different bands of pirates. I was amongst them.?

No one spoke for a while.

?And now?? Thorvard asked.

Vigfus shrugged. ?It doesn?t matter. My past life I left in ashes. I live day by day.?

Name: Ottar Brighting
    Affiliation: none
    Home Country: He?s from the island of Tol Uinen, but has little to do with the place now.

Eyes: brown
    Hair: brown
    Clothing: peasant clothing (for now)

Weapons/Equipment: none (for now)

?I have no one back on Tol Uinen,? Ottar said in a small voice. ?I was left at the doorstep of Un-enor as an infant, probably my parents were too poor to feed me. The temple in which I resided was attacked by those pirate scums. All my life I was told that violence is wrong and we should never succumb to harming one another no matter what happens. But there i

7. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: Sorry I didn't have this up sooner. I just started school, and it has kept me busy. But That doesn't mean I'm leaving.

IC: Hargoth

The five of them were off. Hargoth rode in front, his men in the back, and the elves just behind him. Berwyn rode up next to him. "Milord, I fear that a conflict shall arise on our mission. The winds whistles it on the light breeze. Know that I am by your side, milord. Lead the way."

The other elf said something under a smile. "The enemy better fear us, more than we fear them."

Hargoth let a smile escape across his face. "If there are any out there, they wont live long enough to tell anyone where we are." Hargoth pulled his bow off his back, and strung it. "But just in case we find any, we cant let them get away because they saw us from afar." Hargoth rode along the rode scanning the horizon for any orcs.

Tag: Amndrag, Renson.

Edit: I forgot to format it, Again.

8. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008

"If there are any out there, they wont live long enough to tell anyone where we are. But just in case we find any, we cant let them get away because they saw us from afar."

Tangadion smiled as the company rode on. It was good to be in the company of fine warriors. Then he said, "You look familiar, haven't i seen you in Edoras in the court of your king somewhere?"

TAG: MM, Renson

9. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC: Berwyn Telrún
    En Route

Berwyn relaxed, letting his body bob along with the trot of his mount. He felt a calmness, despite the feeling of an impending battle. The wind continued to blow his hair gently to the both sides of his face, his elven scarf rested lazily around his neck. "The enemy better fear us, more than we fear them." Berwyn let a crooked smile take form on his scruffy face. <It seems the enemy has more to fear then I originally thought. These soldiers may prove to be stronger yet.>

His mounts reigns lay limply in his hands which rested in his lamp. It felt good to be with company again, even if he was determined to stay quiet and get to know these gentleman. A battle would be interesting, each man's skills being displayed. Below his determination and confidence towards the upcoming encounter he was almost surprised to find excitement. He starred forward at the night as they rode on, listening to the chatter.

He heard a voice he recognized. Hargoth spoke up, "If there are any out there, they wont live long enough to tell anyone where we are." Berwyn heard a quick shuffle behind him and the twang of a bow. He focused into the distance scanning for any intruders, meaning the men and their company harm. His pupils contracted as he focused in. "But just in case we find any, we can't let them get away because they saw us from afar."

Berwyn smiled, quickly wiping it off his face. <I don't think that will be a problem, my friend.> He leaned slightly forward and focused in on the distance.

Tag: Mister_Master, AMNDRAG_01

10. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

"You look familiar, haven't i seen you in Edoras in the court of your king somewhere?"

Hargoth turned to Tangadion. "You might have. I have been there from time to time. Less frequently because of the war. But yes, you might have seen me." Hargoth scratched his goatee. "why?" He asked.

Tag: AMNDRAG

11. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008

You might have. I have been there from time to time. Less frequently because of the war. But yes, you might have seen me, why?"

Tangadion chuckled, "Curiosity." He streached back, using his legs to keep himself on the horse. After going back into the proper riding position he said "Actually I'm hoping to get some infromation on how your war with Saruman was going on because I've been sort of cut off from the world. I only heared rumors, And I would like to know where your king is."

TAG: MM

12. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Where is everyone? Is this still on?

13. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    OOC:
    I was wondering the same thing. I was waiting for M_M to sight an enemy or something, give the boys some action, you know?

14. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: I was told by Spacey that this was dead because the GMs couldn't take care of it anymore. So I've been waiting to see if they came back before I posted.

15. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    OOC:

Shx! This is a good RP too.

16. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC:

Shx! This is a good RP too.

I agree Renson, but what should we do. Should we give them a few days.

I was told by Spacey that this was dead because the GMs couldn't take care of it anymore. So I've been waiting to see if they came back before I posted.

No offence MM, but are you sure about that. I mean If this was dead would they have told us or had it locked down?

Anyway I have an idea. Why don't the three of us play the patrol for now. And give them a few more weeks?

17. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I did tell him that, Amndrag. The reason is because we have lost several key players that are needed to make this game continue on, and with family issuses on my side, college and a move for Leigh, and school starting again for Nick, all three possible GMs do not have the time to push this nearly lifeless thread. Believe me, Amndrag, keeping this RPG alive has been a struggle.

Instead of immediately locking it, I have decided to give it a chance, especially to see if those key players have returned. They still have not.

18. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
  19. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    OOC:

I agree with AMNDRAG. The three of us should just play out the patrol until we get those key players. At least we'll still have a story line going and it'll give us something to do. lol

20. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: so...what are we going to do renson and mm?

21. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: If you guys want to we can finish the scout trip. But if they are not back when we are finished you will just have to accept that its gone.

22. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Alright...Let's throw the dice...I'm up for it. It's a do-or-die die roll.

23. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    OOC:

haha, why not? sure

24. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: M_M it's your roll.

25. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: Sorry, I got a little busy with school.

"Actually I'm hoping to get some infromation on how your war with Saruman was going on because I've been sort of cut off from the world. I only heared rumors, And I would like to know where your king is."

A sad expression crept up onto Hargoth's face. "As you have seen by all the refugees its not going all that well. Saruman has far more orcs then we have swords. Its next to impossible to defeat him. And My king is in Gondor fighting another war instead of here taking care of his people." Hargoth silently berated himself for letting that slip. "I'm sorry. This war is ruining me. My entire family is now dead. Breelor was the only family I had left, and he is gone too." Tears slipped down his cheeks at the thought of Breelor.

Tag: Amdrag, Renson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.