1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Lords of Middle-Earth

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Théodred
    Dunland

    Théodred watched as his move worked. He heaved a sigh of relief, but knew that there was still a battle to be won. He signaled Éothain, who rode over to Théodred. ?I want you to take about a hundred cavalry and wipe out the Dunlending archers. They should be easy to take care of when you get in close range. Also find an officer and dispatch him with 250 cavalry to kill the opposing horsemen.? Théodred quickly decided on what next to do. The archers were no longer a problem; Éothain would take care of them. The infantry seemed to be holding out well. They were on top of a hill, which gave them the high ground against their foes. Their own archers were no longer in danger. Théodred formed a plan in his mind. He shouted out to several of his other officers. ?Have the Riders without a designated task target the Dunlending infantry. Since they seem to be concentrating on attacking our foot soldiers, it should not be too hard to come up from behind them. Catch them between our cavalry and infantry.?

    Tag: Jango10, any others


    The Rohirrim

    Battle Commands

    100 of the Riders go to hunt down the enemy archers. 250 Riders go to hunt down the enemy horsemen. The rest of the cavalry, come up from behind the enemy infantry and catch them between the men on foot and those on horseback. Friendly infantry and archers are to hold their positions and continue to fight.


    IC: Théoden
    Rohan

    ?Sir, an urgent problem has appeared.?

    ?What is it?? Théoden focused his attention on Éomer.

    ?One of our scouts has come back. He reported an encampment of Orcs within the borders of Rohan. The man didn?t get an exact tally of the numbers, but he estimates that our forces are smaller than theirs.? Éomer paused a moment and then spoke up again. ?Here is my assessment. The Orcs found out that we were on the move to Dunland and decided to hit Rohan while our other troops were gone. They probably have reinforcements on the way. Your orders, sir??

    Théoden did not respond for a long moment. ?Send a messenger to Théodred. Tell him that when the subjugation of Dunland is complete he should leave a moderate defense force there and return here with the bulk of the army. Also, bring a scribe. I have another message to send.? The man was brought, and Theoden began:

    Galadriel,
    I would like to inform you of some developments in Rohan. The Orcs of Moria have mustered a substantial number of soldiers and decided to invade our nation. This will be dealt with, and the Orcs will be arriving home somewhat worse for the wear. My point is this: they have overextended themselves. In all likeliness, they have only left a token guard back at their capital. If you were looking for an opportunity to attack them, now is the time.
    Signed,
    Théoden, King of Rohan

    ?That letter is to go to Galadriel. I have one more that I wish to have written. This one goes to Aragorn, in Gondor:

    Aragorn,
    There have been some events in Rohan of which I feel you should be aware. The Orcs of Moria have climbed out of their holes and decided to attack Rohan. Our current troops in Rohan will be sufficient to hold them off, but not completely annihilate them as I would like. Perhaps you could send some men up and we could mount a joint attack to wipe them out?
    Signed,
    Théoden, King of Rohan

    Théoden turned to Éomer again. ?For now, the soldiers will remain in Edoras. That is all.?

    Tag: phantom_panther, Master_Burhead, any others/>/>
  2. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    IC: General Gaal, entroute to Helm's Deep/Saruman, Isengard

    From atop the high tower of Isengard the White Wizard stood over his Ithil-stone looking over his forces at Fangorn, they had entrenched themselves to defend the position well and were already starting the harvesting, satisfied Saruman continued his close watch on both Rohan and Lothlorien. The status of Rohan had changed somewhat, the forces of Moria were advancing on its capital, this would work to his favor. The elves were on the move however, "Foul meddling feyfolk!", they were heading toward Fangorn with a sizable force. Saruman quickly cast a spell that would send a message to his General in the field, as the spell was completed Saruman whispered into a breeze that picked up inside the room, once he had finished his message the wind had suddenly stopped.

    Saruman snarled as he covered the stone with a small sheet of silk and proceeded to the lower levels of the tower, and directly to a Captain of the infantry. "Captain, assemble a legion and and take them to Fangorn to reinforce Isengard's will. I have discovered that a force from Lothlorien is making its way toward Fangorn, I have sent a dispatch to General Gaal informing him to send a portion of his troops back toward Fangorn as well." Almost as an after thought he added, "Oh and Captain, if we lose Fangorn burn it and the elves to the ground, if Isengard does not benefit from it nobody will." As the Captain scrambled off to execute the will of Saruman he made his way back into the tower and up to his scrying room to once again search the landscape of Middle Earth.

    Only minutes later, miles away from the tower, a breeze picked up near a regiment of Uruk-Hai. At the head of that regiment was General Gaal upon his Warg, the breeze moved with a purpose and once near him released the mystical message given to it by Saruman. In the wind the General heard the wizard's voice, "Elves are moving on Fangorn, send a legion of Uruk-Hai and Warg Riders back to secure the Forest. Take the remainder on to Helm's Deep, my scrying has not revealed any defenses on that position." As the breeze died away with the message the General snarled, he did not trust magic but he had to admit that it had its uses in military purposes.

    General Gaal spun his Warg around and halted the force, after giving the new commands a legion of 500 Uruk-Hai and 300 Warg Riders seperated and headed back toward Fangorn at a full march. Once that division was off Gaal commanded a group of 50 Warg Riders to go ahead and scout Helm's Deep for any hidden defenses, he did not want any unforeseen ambushes waiting for him. As it was he did not like going forward to Helm's Deep with such a light force, but he would make do and Saruman would not accept failure, not now.

    Tag: whoever, Jango (mainly for the scouting party going to Helm's Deep)


    Forces Defending Isengard

    1 Infantry Legion (500 troops)
    1 Archer Division (200 troops)

    Forces Defending Fangorn

    1 Uruk-Hai Division (1000 troops)
    1 Warg Rider Division (500 troops)
    1 Infantry Legion (500 troops)

    Forces enroute to Helm's Deep

    1 Uruk-Hai Division (1000 troops)
    1 Warg Rider Division (450 troops)

    Scout Force riding ahead to Helm's Deep

    50 Warg Rider's
    />
  3. Master_Burhead Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 1, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Rider of Gondor

    After hearing the reply form Tarador he raised, ?Thank you my Lord. I am powered by my King to accept such an offer. I hope both of our people can benefit from our alliance, the forces of Gondor will defend our ally and I hope our ally will defend us when called upon. I take my leave of you my lord; I must ride to my homeland and spread the good news your people will not be forgotten by Gondor.? With that he took another humble bow and proceeded to his horse. After getting his gear stowed he climbed onto his horse and started his journey back to Gondor.

    Tag: No one



    IC: Aragorn

    It had been awhile since his first meeting with his advisors, it had gotten darker since then. Leaning back in his chair he was about to call it a night when a hurried looking messenger stepped through the door, bowing slightly he gave his letter for the King of Rohan:

    Aragorn,
    There have been some events in Rohan of which I feel you should be aware. The Orcs of Moria have climbed out of their holes and decided to attack Rohan. Our current troops in Rohan will be sufficient to hold them off, but not completely annihilate them as I would like. Perhaps you could send some men up and we could mount a joint attack to wipe them out?
    Signed,
    Théoden, King of Rohan

    Quickly reading the letter he knew the forces of darkness were actually attacking or at least planning to attack. Quickly dismissing the messenger he ordered his servant to gather his highest military commanders. Once they arrived he read them the letter. After finishing he looked each in the eye and started speaking, ?Our friends in Rohan are being attacked by Orcs, I am sure that we can spare some troops to defend our friends. I would like for a commander to take 500 infantry and 500 Calvary troops and proceed to Rohan and meet up with King Théoden in his capital. Once their send a dispatch back regarding the plan of attack by the King of Rohan, and also in that dispatch if you need more troops tell that request and we will divert troops as needed. We must not back down from the darkness nor forsake our good friends in Rohan. I demand the best from you.? With that he dismissed them to organize their forces.

    Quietly he thought about what he was doing and started walking towards his room when finally another rider came through the doors almost knocking him down, quickly the younger rider cursed himself and bowed to him. Regaining his composure he told the King about the offer of alliance with Gondor, ?My? lord the Steward of Fornost has agreed to our terms. He agreed to a alliance of which they would come to our aid when requested in we shall come to theirs when needed. I hope you will pardon me if these terms are not good acceptable.? ?My friend these terms are very reasonable no need for a pardon go now and rest for your services might be need again soon.? With that the messenger and the King of Gondor strolled our of the throne room towards their respected areas.

    Tag: dontlookatmethatway, Jango10 (maybe), others

    **Command Mode**

    To Rohan:
    1 Infantry Legion (500)
    1 Calvary Divison (500)

    Forces at Gondor:
    2 Infantry Divisons (1500)
    1 Calvary Divisions (500)
    1 Archer Divison (250)
  4. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: The Witch King of Angmar
    Location: Mount Gundabad

    The Witch King gazed into Nargold's orcish eyes as he responded after some thought.

    "The Orcs of the North will accept the offer for a chance to have man-flesh," Nargold growled. "Gundabad will submit to the Lord of Angmar, but our ultimate allegiance lies with the Eye."

    The Lord of the Nazgul bowed his head slightly in a gesture of acknowledgement.

    "Ultimately, we all serve the Eye. Allegiance to Angmar is synonymous to an Allegiance to Mordor. Together our nations will seize the North, and you shall all dine on your choice of manflesh. Let us procede into your Stronghold, there is much to discuss."

    TAG: GM

    ***REQUEST TO CONTROL NARGOLD AND THE ORC CAPTAINS***

    ***Angmar's Holdings***

    Carn Dum:
    Fortified:
    1 Archer Division: The Hezrias
    1 Infantry Battalion [500]: Black Helm Battalion

    Mt. Gundabad:
    Fortified:
    The Witch King of Angmar
    1 Infantry Battalion [500]: Black Sword Battalion

    The Boarders of Angmar and the North Downs:
    Fortified:
    1 Calvary Division: The Dark Riders
    1 Barrow Wight: Malichi/>
  5. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Nargoth the Destructive

    Nargoth's group arived at camp on the outskirts of Rohan right at the beging of darkness. Nargoth went immediatly to the command tent.

    "Messanger, take scirbe." He didn't even issue a word of greeting to his general. He saw that the messanger was ready. "To the dark lord Saruman. The Orcs of Moria are preparing an attack on Rohan. We feel confident in our ability to destroy the enemy, but wanted to invite you to take part in the spoiles. If you send forces to help in our desturction of Rohan, I am willing to split the profit (City) with you fifty fifty. Please send forces immediatly. Nargoth the Destructive."

    "Now, one more letter. This one to Gundabad. Nargold my brother, I feel the need to ask a favor of you. The Orcs of Moria are prepared to strike down our mutual enemy, Rohan. In order to get sufficient forces to assure success, we needed to leave our home virtually un-defended. You have immediate vicinty to our gates, and we have worked together in the past. I assure you, if I come back and see our home in tact, and you took part in it, you will bennifit greatly. Please send forces immediatly to our gate, I have already assured you a "warm welcome." sincierly, Nargoth."

    With that, Nargoth turned to his generals. "We wait for Sarumans response, and then we fight. I want patrolls out, and hourly reports. Have the troops ready for battle at all times."

    TAG: Despised, IH, All involved

  6. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: Two questions for our GM:

    1) I built a shipyard assuming that my bonuses will stock. Now I realise I probably should have checked first. So, just to clarify: will I be able to add the 25% discount from the shipyard to the 25% discount special ability to make a total of 50% off all ships?

    2) Will a limit be placed on the number of provinces one player can hold? I don't want things to be too restrictive, but I feel SLIII suffered from the speed and quantity at which players were acquiring new territories.
  7. phantom_panther Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Oct 26, 2005
    star 2
    IC: Rastev

    They had made it through the pass without incident, this purplexed the elven general. the forces of Moria should had at least set a small ambush or tried raiding to cause some damage. There was something amiss in the dark of the mines for them to have let the elves pass untouched. Indeed it was because of the orcs and goblins of Moria that he had taken so many troops. Well now was not the time for questioning fate. He was only a day out from Rivendell having driven his men as far and as fast as he could. They now rested, not in the sence that men rested for the elves do not realy need sleep rather just a few hours to center themselves. His force should be ready to move in by the end of the day, they would be in Rivendell by dawn tomorrow. He fully intended to return to Lothorien as quickly as he had gotten to Rivendell, he feared that the orcs of Moria would try to cut him off so had detatched a group of infantry complimented by a half division of archers to hold the pass.

    ***Tactical***
    Home Guard- 2 Archer divisions (400)
    1 Calvary division (250)
    Orders-Hold the city

    Rivendell Force- 1 Infantry division (1000)
    1 Infantry detatchment (500)
    1 Archer division (200)
    1 Archer detachment (100)

    Troops at the Pass of Curith Ungol- 1 Infantry detatchment (500)
    1 Archer detatchment (100)

    Fangorn Force-1 Infantry division (1000)
    2 Archer divisions (400)
    Orders- Proceed along the edges of Fangorn to the enemy Camp and attack from just within the forest using the dark of the forest to conceal the attack.


    ***End Tactical***

    IC:Galadria

    The Lady of Lothorian felt slightly uncomfortable in the streamlined armor of her kind. It had been a long time since she had last worn the garb. Still the saving of the forest of Fangorn was important enough for her to don the equipment once more. She had been moving cautiosly almost directly south at first then once into the Forest moving slowly, as to not disturb the trees, to the west. Carefully and maticulously bring her troops around to the entrenched enemy. Her scouts had told her that they had built simple fortifications but not enough to stop a determined attack. Then she felt it, they must have been closer to Orthanc than she had first thought. A power on the wind. She could disern nothing else but it tasted foul. No doubt Sauruman was comunicating with his troops near the forests edge. For him to do so must mean that they were under his careful gaze. He would know when the elves attacked and might be able to send reinforcements in time.
    She turned to one of her messengers. "Go deeper into the forest and wake the trees." The order was a simple one but one that made the eyes of the messenger grow wide. "You are an elf we first taught them to speak we first brought them to life, they will listen to us. Now go we have not much time." The messenger hesitated a moment longer then turned and hurried into the wood.

    TAG:eek:thers
  8. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    GM Note

    Winged_Jedi, you will have 50% off ships after purchasing the shipyard. As of now, there are no limits on the number of provinces a player can hold. That may change in the near future, though.


    IC: Battle of Dunland

    The Wild Men were now scattered in between the organized ranks of Rohan. Most of the Wild Men archers were quickly dispatched by the Rohan calvary. The reamining archers fled the battle plain. The Dunland calvary, their most elite soldiers, charged the attacking Rohan head-on. The clash between the two forces was massive, with the Rohan calvary victorious. With most of the calvary dispatched, and the archers taken care of, the remaining infantry was all that stood in the way of Rohan victory.

    Wild Men of Dunland

    Archers: 0
    Calvary: 23
    Infantry: 590

    Army of Rohan

    1st-4th Riders of Rohan: 1,900
    1st Infantry: 800
    1st Archers: 160

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway

    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



    IC: Helm's Deep Info

    The Hornburg is defended by volunteer soldiers from surrounding villages. The Hornburg is the great fortress of Rohan and has never been taken by an attacking army. Even with an untrained army, the design of the fortress makes it easy to defend.

    Volunteer Infantry: 250
    Volunteer Archers: 100

    TAG: Despised1

    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



    IC: Tarador, Steward of Fornost

    "Wait, soldier of Gondor," the Steward said raising his hand. "I have a proposition for you. Angmar is stirring in the North, and I fear the Witch-King may be preparing to strike. Fornost is in need of defenses against a siege attempt. If Fornost is able to purchase defenses from Gondor's engineers, then Gondor will have full access to our Rangers. What is your answer?"

    TAG: Master_Burhead

    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



    IC: Nargold, Orc Chieftan of Mt. Gundabad

    "The Orcs of the North are proud to be under your command," Nargold said as he bowed.

    TAG: Imperial_Hammer

    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



    IC: Messenger Elf

    The Elf bowed then departed from Galadriel. He proceeded into the midst of forest, where there was a circular opening resembling a council area. The Elf dropped to a knee in the middle of area and began chanting an ancient Elvish song. A breeze rustled throughout the forest. The trees began creaking and moving, as if they were alive. The Elf continued his song as living things began to converge around the area.

    TAG: None

    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



    OOC: phantom_panther, I will take over the Elf Messenger character.
  9. Master_Burhead Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 1, 2005
    star 4
    IC:Rider of Gondor

    Wait, soldier of Gondor," the Steward said raising his hand. "I have a proposition for you. Angmar is stirring in the North, and I fear the Witch-King may be preparing to strike. Fornost is in need of defenses against a siege attempt. If Fornost is able to purchase defenses from Gondor's engineers, then Gondor will have full access to our Rangers. What is your answer?" Hearing the offer, he thought about what powers the King vested in him, slowly he prepared to accept the offer. ?My humble Lord, you have friends in Gondor. We shall trade you defenses in return for access of your rangers. This I think would be a fair trade off." He thanked the Lord for his acceptence and also assured him that the two kingdoms shall stand beside each other in times of need.

    Tag: Jango10

    IC:Captain Marcus

    He knew that the forces under his command were moving at top speed, though he wanted them to move faster. He wasn't sure of what laid ahead in Rohan and as such ordered his best scouts to go ahead of the main force. Every hour the scouts would come back in with any orc movements or suspicious looking things. While his force was some of the best Gondor had he only had a thousand men and if their were orcs about he wanted to have his men prepared. "Hmm, it's been an hour I want the scouts to come and report. Also order the Calvary to cover the flanks of our troop and watch out for possible ambushes." With that his second in command carried out the orders, now he only had a few more miles to go before he would be in the halls of the King of Rohan.

    Tag: Jango10 for scouts, dontlookatmethatway, others

    Forces of Gondor:
    To Rohan:
    1 Infantry Legion (500)
    1 Calvary Divison (500)

    Forces at Gondor:
    2 Infantry Divisons (1500)
    1 Calvary Divisions (500)
    1 Archer Divison (250)

    **Command Mode**
    Trading defenses to Fornost in return for access to their Rangers
  10. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Captain Gnarf at Fangorn/Saruman, Isengard

    Captain Gnarf stood upon a slight rise in the landscape overlooking the Isengard forces, he took more pride in it than he should but then again the infantry of Isengard was widely known to be the best in all of Middle Earth. Just as he started off to do a round of inspections a slight wind picked up near him, from within he heard the familiar voice of his master Saruman. "Captain..." the Wizards voice was but a whisper, "..the time is now, attack the forces of Lothlorien. Hold nothing back as they have not fortified a defensive position, General Gaal and his full force will arive to join the battle soon. Take Fangorn, and kill the elves, all of them."

    His message was clear, today the forces of Isengard and Lothlorien would meet on the field. Today the might of the Elven nation would be broken. Captain Gnarf growled and drew the sword from his hip, "Mount up men, we march on the elves and tonight their blood will feed Fangorn." A short time later the Divisions of Uruk-Hai and Infantry had assembled, before them was assembled the Warg Riders, their command was to ride ahead in force to scout and hit the advance parties of the elves thus blinding the larger force. The Uruk-Hai would be following close behind and strike the bulk of the Elves head on, Warg Riders were ordered to remain apart of the main battle and hit only isolated elven pockets of resistance, then flank the elves with their superior speed and hit them from the sides once the fight is engaged. With final ensurance that all the orders were understood, the order was given and the march into Fangorn was in motion and soon the first battle between elf and Uruk-Hai would be engaged.

    At that very moment in the high tower of Isengard. Saruman was smiling while looking into his seeing stone, his ability gives Isengard a tactical advantage over the elves, and he would send messages to the field commanders as needed. There would be some time before the battle was engaged, and there was one thing left to do, attempt to secure Fangorn's neutrality for the time being. He left the stone and went to the balcony overlooking the forest, softly the ancient wizard began to chant words of power, with it the wind picked up and mystical power seemed to charge the air around him and extend to the forest before him. The spell was sending a powerful message to the living plants of Fangorn to stay out of the battle, if he could suceed in charming the plants, some of who were among his oldest friends and were not yet aware of his actions against nature, then he could easily crush the Elves and move on to secure Fangorn at his leisure.

    The spell was finished, and Saruman was convinced that he did all he could for now. Even if the ancient protectors of the forest, the Ents, decided to join in the fight it would be some time before the decision was made, Ents were notoriously slow in coming to decisions and resisted involvement in outside matters. It was only left to wait and see what would transpire, no matter what happened today, Isengard would not forget the transgretion of the elves.

    Tag: Panther, Jango

    IC: General Gaal, enroute to Fangorn

    General Gaal fumed as he heard the message from the advance scouting party, what he hoped to be a simple break and enter became an invasion. With a loud growl the General sent the scout scrambling back to his division, "Turn this column around, there will be no opportunity for us at Helm's Deep today. We ride back to Fangorn, Sarmuan has not informed me that the Elves have been routed from the forest so we shall ride to the northern border between it and Lothlorien effectivly cutting them off from their homeland, we will then march down on the elves and crush them between the hammer and anvil of superior Isengard forces." With a loud bark that was intended as an order to march, the General then began to lead the force of 1,500 back to Fangorn at a full march.

    Tage: Sa
  11. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Nargoth

    The soucts came back, riding fast. "Genral, an army from Gondor is here. They are a couple of miles out, but if we attack now, we have a decent chance of winning. They only have 1000 troops.

    Nargoth didn't even have to think. The more he got out of the way before the big battle, the better. Divide and conquer. "Ready the troops. We leave in ten minutes. Everybody is coming, except the archers. They will be on the lookout for ambushes, so we will just attack from the front. But have a Warg squadron (50) flank on each side, just for fun..."

    Within ten minutes, the camp was moving out, and withing another 10, they had the Gondor forces in sight...

    TAG: MasterBurhead, Jango

    ***Forces Attacking Gondorians***

    3 infantry divisions (3000)
    1 Warg division, 1 Warg company (750)

    Commands: Attack, Attack, Attack. 50 Wargs flank on each side. Everybody else attack head on
  12. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    IC: The Lieutenant of Barad-Dur

    It was nightfall, and the Lieutenant of Barad-Dur, upon his dark horse had sucessfully navigated through Gondor. He was now in the realm of Rohan, the Horse-Lords, where he could feel in his soul darkness was moving. He had heard several reports from his Master: Dunland was on the brink of falling to Rohan, Isengard was on the move to attack the Lothlorein, the Orcs of Moria were moving on Edoras. Middle-Earth was erupting into war, just as it had been planned.

    TAG: None

    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



    IC: Tarador, Steward of Gondor

    "Fornost," Tarador began, "despite being heavily defended, is vunerable to siege equipment. We wish to purchase from Gondor, materials needed to build a castle. How much gold will be needed?"

    TAG: Master_Burhead

    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



    IC: Gondorian Scout

    The scout rode up on horseback, dismounted and approached the Captain. In between gulps of breath, the scout managed to speak, "Sir. I encounted a huge army of Orcs. I believe they are Moria Orcs. They outnumber us at least thrice. They will be at our position in a matter of minutes. What are your orders, sir?"

    TAG: Master_Burhead
  13. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Théodred
    Dunland

    Théodred felt a surge of elation. The battle was almost over. Then the messenger came up to him. Edoras was under attack. He was instructed to finish the battle and then come home with the majority of the troops. Théodred had a decision to make. He knew the battle was as good as won, and the letter implied much urgency. He turned to Éothain. ?Take one thousand cavalry and five hundred infantry. Ride as fast as you can back to Rohan. I want the threat to be eliminated.? ?Yes, sir.? Éothain went off. Théodred rode towards his men, shouting out orders. ?Cavalry, mop up the Dunlending infantry! Archers, pick off the cavalry! Infantry, hold your positions! Let?s finish this battle!?

    Tag: Jango10, any others


    IC: Éomer
    Rohan

    Éomer shot the scout a sharp glance. ?You are sure that there are Gondorian reinforcements coming? And you are sure that there are Moria Orcs moving toward them?? ?Yes, sir.? Éomer swallowed nervously. ?How many soldiers of Gondor are there?? ?About one thousand, sir.? ?And how many enemies?? ?A lot, sir. Well over three thousand.? Éomer sprang up immediately. ?We must, of course, aid them. I want the soldiers up right now! Bring me my armor!? ?Should I inform the King?? ?There is no time!?

    A while later?

    Éomer surveyed his troops. He needed to form a strategy that would defeat or at least draw with a superior force. Fortunately, he was no stranger to the task of leading an army. He had a plan. An officer came up to him. ?Your orders, sir?? Éomer paused. This would be a fateful decision, one which could bring them either victory or defeat. ?The soldiers of the Rohirrim will ride forth immediately. We will come up behind the enemy. They will be too focused on attacking our ally. When we hit them, it will be in a wedge formation to break whatever defense they muster. Two cavalry wings will sweep around to the sides and flank them. You are Rohan?s best. You must not fail. Now let us ride!?

    Tag: MASTERPRENN, Master_Burhead, Jango10, any others


    The Rohirrim

    Dunland Battle Commands

    The Riders will mop up the enemy infantry. The archers will shoot at the Dunlending cavalry. The infantry will hold their position.

    Rohan Battle Commands

    Attack the Moria Orcs from behind. A wedge formation will be used. 400 cavalry (200 from the left and 200 from the right) will come in a flanking maneuver from the sides.

    1st Army

    Leader: Théodred

    Forces:

    1st Infantry Company (300)
    1st ? 2nd Riders of Rohan (900)
    1st Archers (160)

    Position: Dunland

    Commands: Continue to fight

    2nd Army

    Leader: Éomer

    Forces:

    5th ? 8th Riders of Rohan (2000)

    Position: Rohan

    Commands: Engage the Moria Orcs

    3rd Army

    Leader: Éothain

    Forces:

    2nd Infantry Company (500)
    3rd ? 4th Riders of Rohan (1000)

    Position: Dunland

    Commands: Ride with all speed to Rohan
    />
  14. Master_Burhead Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 1, 2005
    star 4
    IC:Captain Marcus

    Hearing the scout?s reply he became worried, turning towards his second he said, ?This is most troubling, unless the Riders of Rohan come to our aid we will be crushed. I have come up with a plan. I want to place my infantry atop of that hill.? Pointing at the hill nearby he then started to speak again. ?Once my infantry is up form them into a line of battle with two lines of five hundred. When one group is faltering the other shall come up to help it and let the line that is faltering fall back a little. This is to continue as long as the battle is going on. Our Calvary shall be doing hit and run attacks upon the orcs as they go up and down the hill, if there are wargs about than 150 horsemen shall break off from the group and chase and hopefully take down the wargs then return to the battle. If they suffer too many losses the commander of the group shall order a withdrawal and rejoin the regular battle.? He then ordered his second to carry out those orders, seeing his infantry march up to the hill and form as ordered he rode to the top and donned his helmet and grabbed his sword waiting for the coming battle. Hoping the Riders of Rohan would come

    Tag: MASTERPRENN, Jango10, dontlookatmethatway

    Forces at Rohan:
    To Rohan:
    1 Infantry Legion (500)
    1 Calvary Divison (500)

    Forces at Gondor:
    2 Infantry Divisons (1500)
    1 Calvary Divisions (500)
    1 Archer Divison (250)

    **Command Mode**
    Forces at Rohan prepare for battle as orders are carried out
  15. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Nargoth the Desturctive

    Nargoth's foces were running to make him proud. They would be within firing distance if they had archers with them. The 100 Warg riders had already split off to the flanks. Nargoth saw how the infantry was on a hill. If they got there before the riders, this could turn out quite favorably. As his foces started up the hill, Nargoth let out a ferocious battle cry. "FIGHT FOR MORIA!!!"

    The troops fought with a ferocity that could only be inspired by thier king. The main force got there well ahead of the flanking Warg Riders, they weren't even here yet...

    TAG: Burhead, Jango, dontlookatmethatway

    ***Commands***

    Win.
  16. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    OOC:*Blinks* .... Paydays on Mondays? Oh.

    IC: The Witch King and Nargold
    Location: In the Halls of Gundabad

    The clang of the Witch King's armored boots echoed through the dark halls of Gundabad, following his Orcish Hosts as they welcomed him and his troops deeper into their home. The Orc-Hold of the North, Mount Gundabad, was well known for its miles of tunnels, spiriling all and around the Mountainside. Millions of Orcs could reside comfortably within the hold, cut thousands of years previous by a now extinguished clan of dwarf-lords. The Witch King enjoyed what the Orcs had done to the place.

    As the Witch King ascended what seemed to be a series of semi-regal steps, he could feel the fear of his men accumulating behind him. That would have to be something that would need conquering, as the Orcs now were allies to the Angmarians. The Witch King, to some extent, could understand their trepidation. In years previous, the Lord of the Nazgul had traditionally shied away from Orc use in his armies. Personally he found the creatures vile and useless. Their lack of intellect worked against them, dooming tactics on the field and making contingency planing worthless. For this instance though, the Witch King was willing to make an exception. He needed troops and he needed them fast. The great powers were stirring, looking, grasping for land. Angmar needed soldiers to seize and control providences until infantry and archers could come to secure them. The Orcs, in all their useless multiplicative glory, could satisfy such a requirement.

    Indeed, the Black Captain had plans for the Orcs he would soon be commissioning under Angmar's flags. Northern Orcs especially were generally half as effective as traditional Orcs. He were weaker, less muscular, and generally less intelligent than their more powerful cousins in Moria or elsewhere. But my how they bred, like rabbits almost. The Witch King had calculated that if these units, the Northern Orc battalions, were embedded with Infantry and manish captains from Carn Dum, such difficulties in their size and power should be covered... albeit at a price of course. He would look forward to testing such a strategem on the town of Framsburg, an isolated little country village, and the next target on Angmar's Eastern front.

    The Witch King found himself standing in what he supposed he would call a dining room, a stone hewn table in the center, piled high with the wretched food of the Orcs, raw meats and molded breads. Surely the fools did not think that he, a Nagul and member of the Undead, would be needing food? But Nargold gestured the Witch King towards a seat, not at the head of the table, but at the guest of honor's position, to Nargold's right. The Black Captian, although extremely insulted, did not (and really could not) let his displeasure show to his hosts. He took his seat and the table, sitting their mostly out of decorum. Nargold gave a small grunting speech, about the new partnership, and the beasts dove into their meals.

    After a whiles, when the choicest meats had been claimed, Nargold seemed to remember where he was, and who it was that was sitting next to him.

    "You said there would be much to discuss." he said, ripping of the flesh of what looked like a horses femur. "Let us then discuss it."

    The Witch King looked at his Orcish Commander. Yes, he supposed that would be Nargold's proper title now. A ranking Commanding Officer in the Angmar Army. If thr Nazgul could inhale, he would have...

    "Your people," he began. "lie at a very important space in Middle Earth. Though people do not realize it, you actually possess one of the three or four viable passes through the Misty Mountains. To control such a strategic resource, however removed from Middle Earth as a whole, gives you, and now us, some degree of leverage in this game of power politics. I plan for your men to provide the backbone of..." the Witch King continued, when suddenly, the door to the dining room burst open.

    "Who dares!?!" Nargold bellowed almost instinctually, w/>
  17. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    IC: IC: General Gaal and Warg Riders, Gap of Rohan/Saruman, Isengard

    As General Gaal and his force came into sight of the Isengard tower and the forest of Fangorn, the Uruk-Hai leader felt an ever familiar breeze, a message from Saruman. The wind approached and discharged its message, "General Gaal, there is a change of plans. Rohan rides back to defend its homeland from Moria, we cannot allow that to happen. They have departed Dunland and need to pass through the Gap of Rohan to help their kin, send 500 riders to slow down their passage home." One of General Gaal's long canine teeth became visible as he smiled to himself, finaly a chance to give the horsemen of Rohan what they deserve.

    Gaal saw the Uruk-Hai off and then led his division of 500 riders toward the southern tip of the misty mountains, when Rohan's troops exit Dunland it will be there and Isengard would be waiting. As they rode the orders were passed along and scouts were sent ahead to find prime ambush locations, the division was not to strike head on in force but rather make numerous strafing attacks directed at the infantry to slow them down, focus was put on hit and run maneuvers to maximize losses for Rohan and save as many of Isengard's troops as possible. It was not Isengard's intention to decimate this force of Rohan's or its own, other concerns demanded that care be taken with all of their troops, this was done as a favor to Moria and as a irritation to Rohan.

    Tag: dontlookatmethatway

    IC: Captain Gnarf attacking Elves in Fangorn/Saruman, Isengard

    At that same moment not far away in the forest, Captain Gnarf and the main force of Isengard was quickly making its way closer to the elven position when a wind picked up from Isengard, "Captain, 1,000 additional Uruk-Hai are entering the forest at this very moment and should arrive shortly to enhance your own attack forces. Do not fail me Captain, your future depends on this." Gnarf cringed at the warning in Saruman's voice, but he did not fear failuring against Lothlorien today. The Elves were at a large disadvantage, it would take a miracle for them to defeat such a superior force.

    Tag: Panther, Jango

    IC: Saruman, Isengard

    Saruman had just finished sending the messages to his General and Captain, and he was satisfied that all was proceeding as he hoped. The Elves would most likely suffer heavy losses in Fangorn, and if General Gaal could slow down Rohan's army enough to assist Moria then Isengard would be strengthened on a second border. A wicked and sinister smile crossed the old man's face as he uncovered the Ithil-stone to once again survey the forces of Isengard, Rohan, and Lothlorien.

    Tag: Nobody


    Forces Defending Isengard
    Command: Saruman
    1 Infantry Legion (500 troops)
    1 Archer Division (200 troops)

    Forces Attacking Elves in Fangorn
    Command: Captain Gnarf
    2 Uruk-Hai Divisions (2000 troops)
    1 Infantry Legion (500 troops)
    1 Warg Rider Division (500 troops)

    Forces setting ambush locations in Gap of Rohan
    Command: General Gaal
    1 Warg Rider Division (500 troops)
    />
  18. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Battle of Dunland

    The Rohan archers began to take heavy tolls on the Wild Men calvary, and the Riders of Rohan could now focus on the infantry with ease. The Wild Men were scattered and depleted, and their will to fight diminished. They began to flee the battle plain into the hills, back to their settlement. They had failed to defeat Rohan, their sworn enemy. The Wild Men would be forced to move their settlements to other lands. They had lost today. They had lost everything except their hatred to Rohan.

    Dunland was now in Rohan control.

    Army of Rohan

    1st Infantry Company: 300
    1st-2nd Riders of Rohan: 900
    1st Archers: 160

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway

    OOC: dontlookatmethatway, it will cost 500 to replace the forces you lost at Dunland.

    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    IC: Battle of the Rohan Hills

    The unstoppable flood of Moria Orcs, led by the Warg Riders met the small Gondorian force in a great clash. As the battle ensued, the Warg riders performing strafing runs where they were met by the Gondorian Calvary. The Gondorian Calvary easily overran the small force of 50 Warg Riders, then proceeded to make hit and run attacks on the Moria Orcs' flank, as had been ordered. But on the battle lines, the Warg Riders and Moria Orcs broke through the first line of Gondorian infantry. The Gondorian infantry line pulled behind the second line and continued fight, but the onslaught of Moria Orcs continued.

    Suddenly, the Horns of Rohan were heard, and all attention was focused on an opposite hill. About 2000 Riders of Rohan poured over the hill into the valley. They proceeded across the valley to engage the Orcs' flank.

    Moria Orcs

    Infantry Divisions (3): 2900
    1 Warg Division, 1 Warg Company: 700

    Gondorian Forces

    1 Infantry Legion: 300
    1 Calvary Division: 475

    Army of Rohan

    5th-8th Riders of Rohan: 2000

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway, Master_Burhead, MASTERPENN

    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    IC: Battle of Fangorn

    The Isengard forces were caught by suprise as one thousand elves sprang out of the forest into the Isengard lines. Arrows began raining from the inside of the forest, passing between the elves, and hitting the Isengard forces. The Warg Riders led the attack on the Elven infantry crashing into their lines. The Wargs were followed by the Uruk-Hai of Isengard, and the Orc Infantry brought up the flank of the Isengard Forces.

    Elves of Lorein

    1 Infantry Division: 900
    2 Acher Divisions: 400

    Forces of Isengard

    2 Uruk-Hai Divisions: 1,975
    1 Infantry Division: 500
    1 Warg Rider Division: 450

    TAG: Despised1, phantom_panther

    OOC: This is to everyone: Would you guys like me to continue moderating Player vs. Player fights like this? Or would you simply like me to post the forces and losses?
  19. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    OOC; I like the Moderation, it adds a good element.
  20. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Théodred
    Dunland

    The men of Rohan were victorious. Dunland was under their control, and the Dunlendings were fleeing. But Théodred knew that they couldn?t stop. There were enemies to destroy and countries to capture. He had a reduced force due to his sending of emergency relief to Rohan, but that would not stop him. With Dunland captured, the way was cleared for expansion into the North. Théodred beckoned to a rider. ?You will ride north, to Bree and deliver this message. ?Greetings. I come to you with an offer from the Horse-Lords of Rohan. The forces of darkness are moving. In the north, Angmar stirs. The Orcs issue from the ancient halls of Moria to attack Rohan. Saruman?s forces vie for control of Fangorn. And all these nations need one thing above all other: money. They need it for their siege weapons and armies and fleets. And the riches that they desire can be gained most effectively through one method: the conquering of territories. So they turn their rapacious gazes toward you. This is perilous indeed. Have you the forces to resist Angmar or Isengard? Bree will be crushed under their heel. So I make you a proposition. Join Rohan and be protected. Join us and together we will rout these evil armies. What do you say??? The messenger nodded. ?Yes, sir.? He snapped the reins and rode off.

    Tag: Jango10 for Bree?s response, any others


    IC: Éomer
    Rohan

    The forces of Moria and Gondor met in a great clash. The Gondor lines stood firm, for the moment. But Moria kept up the attack. Rohan had also engaged the Orcs. Now that battle had been joined, Éomer was ready to execute his plan. He yelled out orders over the noise of the battle. ?Flanking units, press the attack. Main forces, keep up the attack from the rear."

    Tag: MASTERPRENN, Master_Burhead, Jango10, any others


    IC: Éothain
    Dunland-Rohan Border

    Rohan?s troops continued onward to relieve their kin. Éothain rode just behind the beginning of the column. As they moved along, one sergeant approached Éothain. ?Sir, I don?t like the looks of this. The area we are approaching looks like a good place for an ambush.? Éothain?s first reaction was to dismiss the man?s concerns. They were almost in friendly territory. No enemy would be so bold as to attack them here? would they? But Cyrrus was a grizzled veteran of many battles, and Éothain had learned to trust his advice. He made a decision. They would enact some preparation, but not as if an attack were certain. ?Draw the soldiers closer together and make sure the officers are ready to react if something does happen. We have trained for these sorts of things, so I am not unduly worried. That is all.? Cyrrus saluted. ?Yes, sir.?

    Tag: Despised1, Jango10, any others


    The Rohirrim

    Rohan Battle Commands

    Flanking units, keep attacking. The man body of troops, continue to put pressure on the rear.

    1st Army

    Leader: Théodred

    Forces:

    1st Infantry Company (300)
    1st ? 2nd Riders of Rohan (900)
    1st Archers (160)

    Position: Dunland

    Commands: Dig in

    2nd Army

    Leader: Éomer

    Forces:

    5th ? 8th Riders of Rohan (2000)

    Position: Rohan

    Commands: Destroy the Moria Orcs

    3rd Army

    Leader: Éothain

    Forces:

    2nd Infantry Company (500)
    3rd ? 4th Riders of Rohan (1000)

    Position: Dunland-Rohan Border

    Commands: Ride with all speed to Rohan


    OOC: I like the way you are moderating the fights as well./>/>
  21. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    OOC: I like the GM moderation of battles.

    IC: IC: General Gaal and Warg Riders, Gap of Rohan

    The army of Rohan finally rode into view from around the Misty Mountains, by the looks of them they had marched right out of a pitched battle and been riden hard ever since, that kind of fatigue to both man and horse could only hurt them in the moments to come. The Warg Riders used the hills and the tall grass to their advantage and crept up to within a few hundred yards of the main force, they had ordered tight formation and it appeared their commander did not feel the need to send out his scouts. General Gaal looked closely at Rohan's forces, they were riding in tight formation, and that was when his advasaries failure dawned on him. His infantry could make a direct charge and drive down the middle, in tightening ranks surely they had restricted their ability to maneuver quickly and given the advantage to him for now.

    The General gave a hand signal to both the left and right of him, and with no sound at all the order to charge on the General's command was known to all of the Riders. Gaal drew his sword, as did the sub-commanders of the unit, and on a predetermined silent count they all fell at once, many hours of training ensured that the Riders began their charge as a unit and held its line. Within seconds the 500 Riders from Isengard had gone from a standstill to a full charge, they were riding into Rohan's forces from the side and would drive into their tight formations. The Warg Riders began to emerge from the tall grass and from behind the hills that dotted the plains with roars of fury and savage growls from their mounts, General Gaal rode at the lead with his sword drawn and an Uruk-Hai battle chant on his lips.

    Tag: dontlookatmethatway, Jango

    IC: Captain Gnarf attacking Elves in Fangorn

    The first sign of anything wrong was the whistling sounds followed closely by the falling of his men, but the seasoned warrior knew the sound of an ambush all to well. "We are under attack" He warned, then without missing a step he began readjusting his ranks to best meet the present circumstance, he sent an order to the Warg Riders to break off and allow the Uruk-Hai to take the lead in the frontal assault, Commander Gnarf then commanded them to ride around the main conflict and ambush the elves from behind with a full charge into the middle of their ranks.

    The Commander then called up the infantry and split them into 2 equal forces of 250, and told each to flank around an opposing side of the Uruk-Hai forces and hit the Elven forces from the sides. If the riders and infantry preformed as expected they would effectivly box in the Elves and force them to defend of 4 fronts at once, and if that happened there would be very few Elves left to make the march back to Lothlorien on the morrow. As the last of his forces had begun to carry out the orders he once again looked over the field of battle, a satisfied look crossed his face as he envisioned his masters approval.

    Tag: Panther, Jango

    IC: Saruman, Isengard

    Saruman watched with both anticipation and anger as his forces fought those of his neighbors, soon he would control Fangorn, and with luck Moria could destroy much of Rohan in its campaign. Middle Earth was falling, soon the forces of darkness would dominate all the races and control all industry, the time of Saruman had arrived.

    Tag: Nobody


    Forces Defending Isengard
    Command: Saruman
    1 Infantry Legion (500 troops)
    1 Archer Division (200 troops)

    Forces Attacking Elves in Fangorn
    Command: Captain Gnarf
    2 Uruk-Hai Divisions (1975 troops)
    1 Infantry Legion (500 troops)
    1 Warg Rider Division (450 troops)

    Warg, ride clear of the elves and spring attack from behind.
    Uruk-Hai, keep pressing forward.
    Infantry, form 2 groups and 1 hit from each side.

    Forces springing ambush Rohan troops, Gap of Rohan
    Command: General Gaal
    1 Warg Rider D/>
  22. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Éothain
    Dunland-Rohan Border

    ?Sir! We?re being attacked!? The comment was hardly necessary, as Éothain could see enemy soldiers riding into Rohan?s forces from the side. Their tight formation was very useful at this point because it prevented the soldiers from being strung out along a column, where they could be picked off easily. It also provided psychological benefits. One could look and see friendly soldiers all around. Éothain reacted quickly to the attack. ?Infantry! Break the attack!? The infantry came together in a disciplined formation to blunt the charge. They had trained to stop cavalry charges in this manner, so they did not need a lot of instruction. ?Riders, close in from the sides and rear!? Éothain wanted to trap them and keep them from escaping their own ambush.

    Tag: Despised1, Jango10, any others


    The Rohirrim

    Dunland-Rohan Border Ambush Battle Commands

    Infantry, form up and meet the charge of the Warg Riders head on. Cavalry, close in around the sides and rear of the Warg Riders.
    />
  23. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Battle at the Gap of Rohan

    The Warg Riders slammed into the Rohan lines, killing any infantry that they came in contact with. The Rohan infantry was no match for the Wargs, as they continue to cut deep into the Rohan infantry lines. Suddenly, the Rohan calvary circled around the flank and sides of the Wargs, and forced them to split their forces. The superior Rohan Calvary easily made waste of the Wargs, but the question was if they would be quick enough to save the Rohan Infantry from certain doom.

    Forces of Isengard

    1 Warg Rider Division: 475

    Army of Rohan

    2nd Infantry Company: 450
    3rd-4th Riders of Rohan: 1000

    TAG: Despised1, dontlookatmethatway

    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



    IC: Messenger Elf

    When the Elf had finally finished his song several large creatures were encircled around him. It was a sight he had never seen before. The creatures looked like moving trees, but for one difference: they possesed facial features, arms, and legs. They were Ents, the Shepards of the Forest. One Ent stepped foward to the center of the area and approached the Elf.

    "Why have you summoned us, Master Elf?" the Ent asked.

    "Treebeard," the Elf began, "Saruman has betrayed us. His troops are stationed outside the borders of the forest, waiting for the orders to go in...and take it over."

    "Saruman?" Treebeard asked puzzled. "That cannot be. Saruman walks in these woods. He is a friend of the trees and the Ents."

    "Something...has changed him," the Elf pleaded. "He is no longer a friend of nature. The Ents must take action."

    "You have called for an Entmoot to have the Ents go to war against Isengard," Treebeard began, "when you have no proof of Saruman's wrong doings?"

    "Will you please just bring this before the Entmoot?" the Elf asked, nearly in tears.

    TAG: None
  24. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    OOC: Jango, I tagged you for Bree. Here was my post, in case you didn't see it:

  25. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: I saw it, but I thought it would take some time for the rider to arrive there. I will reply tommorrow. I am kind of allowing people to get their fist new country quickly, but from here on out, it will not be so fast.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.