1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Lords of Middle-Earth

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: IC: General Gaal and Warg Riders, Gap of Rohan

The Warg Riders of Isengard ripped into the lines of infantry and easily broke the defensive line, General Gaal rode at the lead to inspire and command his forces in person. Their goal was clear, to continue to push into and spread among the infantry forces and use them as shields to prevent a heavy coordinated charge from the superior calvary of Rohan, in the meantime they would continue to slaughter as many infantry troops as possible.

Tag: dontlookatmethatway, Jango

IC: Saruman, Isengard

Saruman looked into his seeing stone at the situation in Fangorn, after some though he decided that he needed to act and secure the assistance of the Ents. Isengard had not yet begun to pilage the forest, and the White Wizard was respected among many there, a change in that status would upset his plans in the region. Having decided upon a course of action the wizard prepared a spell, a message to his old friend Treebeard.

"Greetings my friend, I need your help in this time of great need for Isengard and Fangorn. For reasons I do not yet understand the Elves of Lothlorien have ambushed the Isengard army from within Fangorn, your tree brethren and the animals of the forest can affirm that the conflict now raging within your home was initiated by the elves. I fear they are seeking to exert their dominance over the last non-elven controled great forest in the region. Only together can we drive this threat from Fangorn, I cannot do it alone." As he completed his message to Treebeard the wind carried it quickly to its destination, and soon it would be heard by his old friend. The spell was also designed to allow the reciever of the message to send a reply, but it could be some time before that was recieved.

This was the decisive battle for Isengard and Saruman could not afford to rest now, his full attention would be dedicated to seeing victory. He turned once again to the Ithil-stone in order to spy on and spot elven troop movements, and what information he discovered he sent to Commander Gnarf through his spells thus giving the ground forces great logistical and tactical support.

Tag: Jango10

Forces Defending Isengard
    Command: Saruman
    1 Infantry Legion (500 troops)
    1 Archer Division (200 troops)

Forces Attacking Elves in Fangorn
    Command: Captain Gnarf
    2 Uruk-Hai Divisions (1975 troops)
    1 Warg Rider Division (450 troops)

All commands the same as before.

Forces engaged with Rohan infantry, Gap of Rohan
    Command: General Gaal
    1 Warg Rider Division (475 troops)

Continue to drive into the infantry of Rohan./>
  2. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: I assume it's payday today since today's Monday.

The City of Corsairs

Across the table had been laid a huge map of Middle-Earth, and a dozen men stood around it, in conversation with one another. Occasionally they would point to a location, or move one of the many small tokens that had been placed upon the map. These were the Generals and Admirals of Umbar. They had fought countless campaigns for their nation. They had gloried in stunning victories and learned from sorry defeats, and decades of hard fighting had moulded them into scarred veterans who had the knowledge and the experience to lead any force into battle. Yet though the man they were waiting for knew far less about military matters than they did, it was this man who would decide their futures, and it was to this man they would bow. This was their leader.

King Vladimor the First stalked into the chamber, greeting his War Council with the slightest of nods, before turning his attention to the map spread out before him. There was a long silence while his officers waited. Most had only heard his poetry before, or glanced over one of his philosophical writings. He was no warrior, but he was their king. And that made all the difference. The title could change a man from a scholar into a soldier. And that is what they hoped it had done.

?My father would tell me that every successful nation has a key strength that stands out above all others. Don?t ignore that strength, he would say. Don?t try and cap it, and don?t balance it, and don?t even attempt to improve your weakness in relation to it. Simply focus upon it, and use it to your advantage. Well, gentleman, the strength of Umbar is our naval power. Three new corsairs have been added to our new fleet, and the numbers will grow. The time will come when we will have dominion over the waterways of Middle-Earth. Not a single ship will pass without our say so. Every act of trade and war across the sea will be dictated by us. That is the destiny of this nation under my rule.

The officers nodded. This dream was not a new one. Realistic and promising, it was good to see their ruler taking the idea up so eagerly.

?However, we need more income. We need a province to feed us. Just one might do. One will do, if we can seize it. And I have found the perfect conquest.?

The young king leaned forward, and moved some of the tokens towards the north, past Gondor, past Rohan and past Rivendell. And there, he left it, so that there could be no question of where he his sights were set. The officers looked at each other in growing alarm.

?My friends,? said Vladimor, sensing their disquiet, ?I can feel that you are not at ease with this choice. The Shire, land of the little people. I assume that you are not worried about the challenge these small folk will pose our armies, but rather with the ambition of the task. Take over some grasslands? Why? And so far away? How will we keep control? Through naval strength. Through our ships. We cannot march an army from Umbar to the Shire, it would be ridiculous. However, we can and will send a force over by sea, and take control of the land. It is a hidden treasure, I assure you. The riches of the Shire are unknown to most, but I promise you that these quiet hobbits have more than enough gold to pay for our fleets. I am not wrong about this, you will see.?

Vladimor paused, and selected a few of the tokens with more purpose, identifying them for all to see.

?I will lead this force,? he announced. ?Rally the troops and prepare the ships. We leave at once for the Shire.?

Tag: Jango10 (Shire defenses)

Finances

Starting Balance: 2000 (Umbar income)
    Purchases:
    -1500 (3 Corsairs at 50% discount)
    -300 (6 Troop ships at 50% discount)
    -200 (4 Cargo ships at 50% discount)
    Final Balance: 0

Command

Umbar

The Fabled Dark (Corsair, 500 crew)
    The Gift of the Maia (Corsair, 500 crew)
    The Fair Ice (Corsair, 500 crew)
    2 Troop Ships (Total troop capacity: 1000)/>/>
  3. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

star 4
    ***COMMAND MODE***

*PURCHASE MODE*

Inflows:
    Rhun: 2500
    Starting Amount:[/b] 0000

Total Inflow: 2500

Outflows
    2x Infantry Division - 1500 (25% off- Barracks)
    2x Archer Division - 750 (25% off- Barracks)

Total Outflows:

Net Balance:

The Military of Rhun:

4 Infantry Divisions
    1 Warg Division:
    3 Archer Division

***Rhun's Holdings***

Elannon:
    Fortified:
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Warg Division
    1 Archer Division
    1 Archer Division
    1 Archer Division
  4. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    ***COMMAND MODE***

PURCHASE MODE:

STARTING BALANCE: 0

NEW INCOME: 2000

PURCHASE:
    1 INFANTRY DIVISION (1000)
    1 WARG RIDER DIVISION (1000)

COMMANDS:

1 INFANTRY COMPANY (500) RIDE TO ROHAN
    1 INFANTRY COMPANY (500) GAURD MORIA
    1 WARG COMPANY (250) RIDE TO ROHAN
    1 WARG COMPANY (250) GAURD MORIA

5. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    IC: The Lord of the Nazgul

The Witch King was pleased. The newest fiscal reports had just arrived from Carn Dum via the swiftest messanger within the realm. Another 2500 gold had been generated via taxes and oppression, another 2500 gold to fuel the still growing nation of Angmar. The Black Captain had signed off for another 4000 troops, of Orcs and Humans mixed. Angmar had three areas of interest currently, The North Downs, Framsburg, and Moria. His next step would be the North Downs, as his soon to be forces at the boarder would outnumber the defenders of the land by at least 4 to 1, according to the last intelligence sweep.

But there was a problem and had just recently came up to the attention of the Witch King. Something he had been contemplating for quite some time since the festivities with Nargold and his chieftains. The North Downs were recognized territory of Arnor. To capture the downs would be tantamount to putting yourself a stones throw away from Fornost. And although the downs themselves may have little defense, the retribution from Arnor would be swift. Invading the North Downs would be very much so an act of war against the Realm of men in the North.

The Witch King turned from the window he was staring out of to the table within his room. There, upon it, was a map of Middle Earth. The North Downs were closer to the heart of Arnor than the Ringwraith had realized. And that did not bode well for his already spread too thin army. It was time for a change in plans.

?Tell the troops encamped at the Angmarian boarder to do some scouting.? the Black Captain told his messenger stationed with him in the room. ?I want information about the periphery lands, property that can be disputed between Arnor and Angmar. Send the swiftest riders of the Hez?rias to Mount Gram and the Ettenmoors. I wish to have an idea as to what forces await us there. Also inform the Western Commander of my upcoming arrival. I will personally be overseeing the new conquests on his front.?

The messenger saluted the Witch King and turned to exit the room. It was time to travel for the Wraith as well, time to seek out Angmar?s next battle. The Ringwraith exited his room a few minutes behind the rider, turning to one of the Orcish guards that flanked his room.

?I shall be sending a Barrow Wight to you, one by the name of Zarious. Listen to him. He shall oversee your operations at Gundabad until Nargold returns from Moria. Hold you positions until then. If Nargold requires my presence, I shall be in the wilderlands of Mount Gram and the Ettenmoors.?

The Orc growled in acknowledgement and no doubt moved to inform his superiors. As the Witch King began his trip westward, he looked forward to seeing how the battles would turn out in the West, and also how his venture in Moria would turn out.

TAG: GM for Scout results of Mt. Gram and the Ettenmoors

IC: Nargold and Malachi

The drums of the incoming Angmarian division sounded in the deep as the battalion from Gundabad arrived at the Orcish citadel of Khazad-Dum. At the head of the 500 men marched the Orcish Commander Nargold and the eerie Wight, Malachi. The banners of the Red Vale hung proudly as the army marched towards the edges of the city. When they moved nearer, Nargold put up his hand so that the army would stop. A small contingency of Orcs were encamped in front of them, not doubt charged with the task of guarding the city.

?Hail Brother Orcs!!!? Nargold bellowed across the space between the two armies. ?We come to answer your calls for the joint defense of your Halls against the forces of Rohan.?

TAG: Prenn as the Moria Orcs

***COMMAND MODE***

*PURCHASE MODE*

Inflows
    Carn Dum : +1500
    Mt. Gundabad : +1000

Total Inflow: +2500

Outflows
    (1) Barrow
    />/>
  6. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

star 3
    Finances

Income

Starting Balance: 0

Total Income: 2500
    - Rohan (1500)
    - Dunland (1000)

Expenses

2 Cavalry Divisions: 1500 (due to Rohan?s special ability)

Total Expenditure: 1500

End Balance: 1000

IC: Éothain
    Dunland-Rohan Border

Éothain saw that his loyal foot soldiers were being ripped apart. ?Infantry, fall back! Cavalry, take the place of the foot soldiers!? Immediately, the Riders flooded into the breach to keep the warg riders from escaping.

Tag: Despised1, Jango10, any others

The Rohirrim

Dunland-Rohan Border Ambush Battle Commands

Infantry fall back. Cavalry, rush into the place of the infantry. If a few warg riders manage to get past the cavalry while this is happening, the cavalry not engaged in combating the main force will hunt them down and wipe them out. Continue to attack the warg riders from all sides.

1st Army

Leader: Théodred

Forces:

1st Infantry Company (300)
    1st ? 2nd Riders of Rohan (900)
    1st Archers (160)

Position: Dunland

Commands: Dig in

2nd Army

Leader: Éomer

Forces:

5th ? 8th Riders of Rohan (2000)

Position: Rohan

Commands: Engage the Moria Orcs

3rd Army

Leader: Éothain

Forces:

2nd Infantry Company (450)
    3rd ? 4th Riders of Rohan (1000)

Position: Dunland-Rohan Border

Commands: Engage the warg riders

4th Army

Leader: Théor

Forces:

9th ? 10th Riders of Rohan (1000)

Commands: Ride to the battle site where the 2nd Army is currently engaged and aid them./>/>
  7. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6

The battle seasoned General of the Warg Riders immediatly sensed the shift in Rohan's troops, they were attempting to pull back and give the calvary room to enter the fray. Gaal grabbed a horn from his saddle and raised it to his lips, throughout the battlefield the call of retreat could be heard, now would be the best opportunity to make a break for it. With the Infantry of Rohan in the retreat and the calvary not yet engaged, it would be fairly easy for the Warg riders to disengage from the battle and ride hard back to Isengard.

Now it was a question of what Rohan could afford to spend time on, would they waste precious time and persue the calvary from Isengard, or would they once again set their eyes on home and the plight of their kinsmen?

Tag: dontlookatmethatway, Jango

Payday!! Starting Balance: 0

Income: 1500 (Isengard)

Purchase: 1 Infantry Division (1000 troops)

End Balance: 500

Forces marching from Isengard to join with Fangorn Forces

1 Infantry Division (1000)

Forces Attacking Elves in Fangorn
    1 Warg Rider Division (450 troops)

All commands the same as before.

Forces retreating from Rohan forces, Gap of Rohan
    1 Warg Rider Division (475 troops)

Retreat has been sounded, fight out of engagement and ride back to Isengard/>
  8. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Note

As many of you know, today is payday! Spend your income however you like, but remember, spend it wisely. ;)

IC: Reynal, Mayor of Bree

Reynal was in his office going over the latest fiscal reports when he heard a knock at his door. "Enter," he said.

A Rider of Rohan entered the office carrying a helmet in one hand and a letter in the other. The Rider placed the letter on Reynal's desk. "From Theodred, son of King Theoden of Rohan."

"Bree...submit to Rohan?" the Mayor asked. "We are but small village not important in the grand scheme of things. Arnor lies between Angmar and us, and Rivendell keeps watch on Orc movements from Moria. We are inadvertantly well defended by other lands. Why would we want to submit to the will of a foreign King?"

TAG: dontlookatmethatway

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC:Treebeard

"Very well, Master Elf," Treebeard said, mostly out of pity for the Elf. He turned to the other Ents and began speaking in Old Entish. The words were long and drawn out, and much time was taken in between words. While Treebeard was speaking with the other Ents, he heard a voice inside his head. It was the voice of Saruman. He was asking Treebeard to assist Isengard in defeating the Elves. He said the Elves were plotting to take over. Treebeard spoke of this to the Entmoot also, but did not let any word of it reach the Elf.

After long deliberation, Treebeard turned back to the Elf, "I am sorry Master Elf, but we have decided that it would be best for the Ents to remain neutral. Saruman has long been a friend of these woods and the Ents. We don't want to provoke him if his intentions aren't to attack the forest. The Elves are free to use these woods for travel, but no fighting is to be done in them."

The Elf bowed his head and ran back to the site of the battle.

After the Elf had left, Treebeard thought inside his head a reply to Saruman, for he knew the Wizard would hear it. It was the same reply that the Entmoot had given the Elf: The Ents are to remain neutral, and Isengard can use the woods for travel as long as there is no fighting done.

It did puzzle Treebeard though, why Isengard and Lorein were at war.

TAG: phantom_panther, Despised1

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Mount Gram Info

Mount Gram is a small Orc settlement. The Orcs present are descendents of the Moria Orcs, and are negatively affected by sunlight.

Orcs Defendng Mount Gram

Orc Infantry: 800
    Orc Archers: 150

TAG: Imperial_Hammer

IC: Ettenmoors Info

No immeidate threat was discovered at the time, but it is well known that Trolls dwell in the Ettenmoors. They are not organized, but can cause trouble to forces that attempt to colonize it.

IC: Battle at the Gap of Rohan

The Warg assualt split the Rohan infantry into two groups. The Wargs then began to drive the two groups apart, killing any Rohan infantry on the front. The infantry was able to kill a few Wargs, but not enough to make a difference. The Rohan Calvary charged into the midst of the Wargs, who allowed the Calvary to enter. A horn of Isengard sounded, and the Wargs pulled out of the battle.

Forces of Isengard

1 Warg Rider Division: 415

Army of Rohan

2nd Infantry Company: 420
    3rd-4th Riders of Rohan: 990

TAG: Despised1, dontlookatmethatway
  9. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Éothain
    Dunland-Rohan Border

As suddenly as they had come, the warg riders disengaged and rode away. Several Riders made to follow them, but Éothain stopped them. ?We will let them go. Our first priority is relieving our comrades in Rohan.? He turned his horse and began riding toward the head of the group when Cyrrus came up alongside him. ?What is it?? Cyrrus looked at him for a long moment and then spoke. ?The next time we stop at a tavern, you?re buying the drinks.?

Tag: All

IC: Rider of Rohan
    Bree

The Rider stood there in silence for a moment before responding to the mayor. He hadn?t been given permission by Théodred to act as an ambassador, but the potential gain far outweighed the risk. The man rubbed sweaty palms against his uniform and spoke up. ?Oh, but you are important. You are a source of income, and if one of the more inimical powers takes you over, they won?t hesitate to tax and oppress you to get more money. Also, Bree is not as safe as you think it is. What about the Corsairs of Umbar? They could sail right up to your doorstep and Arnor and Rivendell wouldn?t lift a finger to protect you. But if you joined Rohan, we would do everything in our power to defend Bree from invaders.?

The Rohirrim

1st Army

Forces:

1st Archers (160)

2nd Army

Forces:

5th ? 8th Riders of Rohan (2000)

Commands: Engage the Moria Orcs

3rd Army

Forces:

2nd Infantry Company (420)
    3rd ? 4th Riders of Rohan (990)

Position: Dunland-Rohan Border

Commands: Ride to Rohan. There will be plenty of time to beat up Isengard later.

4th Army

Forces:

Commands: Ride to the battle site where the 2nd Army is currently engaged and aid them.
    />
  10. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    IC: Nargoth

Nargoth pulled his sword out of the pile of gore at his feet, and took a moment to look around. He had only lost 100 infantry, and 50 Wargs by the look of it, but looking in the distance, Nargoth saw the valliant men of Rohan coming to the rescue. This battle was going to start sooner than he would have liked. He could only hope that the Morian reforcements, and help from friends would come soon...He noticed that the first group of Rohan riders had already arrived, and were attacking from behind. He was now fighting a two front battle. That would not do. He pointed luteniant Groth. "Take 1500 men and move out to the right. Gaurd your backs, but pull out of this battle and engage the Rohan riders on their flank!" He pointed to General Twisthate. "Take all of the Warg riders and move them out with Groth's force, and engage Rohan from the side!" He hopped that this would cause Rohan to stop attacking him from behind, and allow his 1400 to finish off the Gondorians.

TAG; dontlookatmethatway, bur_head, Jango

IC: Ragtar

Ragtar looked upon the northern Orcs with dislike. So his brother didn't trust him as much as he led on. He had just trained more soldiers, but he didn't want to anger Nargoth by sending these Orcs away. "Greetings brothers. We appreciate the help. We already have quarters prepared for you." And Ragtar pointed to the entry way, where extra beds had been set up, the un-trusted Orcs would be easy to watch there. "Thank you for you cooperation."

TAG: I_H

***Total Forces of Moria***

At Moia:

1 Infantry company (500)
    1 Warg divsion (500) (1 Warg company+1 Warg company)
    1 Archer company (100)

At Rohan:

Nargoth the Desturctive
    Infantry Divisions (3): 2900
    1 Warg Division, 1 Warg Company: 700

Commands: Engage Gondor and Rohan forces

1 Archer Company (100)

Commands: Hold down camp

En Route to Rohan (Will arrive next post)

1 Infantry company (500)
    1 Warg company (250)

Commands: Arrive and attack Gondor and Rohan/>/>
  11. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Approaching the Shire

The sun smiled warmly from a blue sky, and the water lapped at the shore. And there, in the distance, was smoke.

The warships of Umbar rowed swiftly across the sea, a small force made up of two corsairs, their sails black and imposingly large on the horizon, while four smaller troop ships followed close behind. Aboard the leading corsair, The Lost Fury, stood Vladimor and his officers, swords in hand, glaring out from behind dark helmets towards the green land so nearby. The young King did not move, did not stir, as his fleet came closer and close to the Hobbit shore, merely watching, and waiting. He had read a thousand poems, and sung a thousand songs, yet true battle was like none of these.

On both of the corsairs, most of the crew had formed into lines of archers, as they were trained to do, preparing to fire burning arrows at their foe. Such practice was the standard offensive strategy for any naval power, and Vladimor raised his sword into the air.

?On my command,? he bellowed with strength he did not know he had, and looked up at the sky. He did not know if the Hobbits had any ships at all to face him, but if they did, he would make short work of them. And then it would be the land battle.

War had come to the Shire.

12. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Reynal, Major of Bree

"The Cosairs of Umbar would not bother with Bree," Reynal said. "We are too far away from their lands. The King of Umbar is probably not even aware of Bree's existence or of the Shire for that matter. The nations of the East are not concerned with the Western world."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Battle of the Rohan Hills

The charge of the Rohirrim slammed into the flank of the Orc formation. The Warg riders managed to clear out of the fray and circle to the sides of the attacking Rohan. But the Orc infantry was now trapped between the Rohan Calvary and the Gondorian Infantry. The tide could now turn to either side.

Moria Orcs

Infantry Divisions (3): 2,650
    1 Warg Division, 1 Warg Company: 675

Gondorian Forces

1 Infantry Legion: 200
    1 Calvary Division: 450

Army of Rohan

5th-8th Riders of Rohan: 1,975

TAG: dontlookatmethatway, MASTERPRENN, Master_Burhead

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM Note

OOC: Winged_Jedi, I think it would take a little longer to reach the Shire. Umbar is a long way away from the Shire. Tommorrow your ships can arrive at the Shire.

OOC: Master_Burhead, I tagged you for the Gondorian Messenger to Fornost. Tarador wishes to buy supplies to build a castle from Gondor.

OOC To All: When in a battle with another player or more than one player, I will wait until all members of the battle have posted to post an update. This does not keep you from posting though.
  13. Master_Burhead Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC:
    Sorry for some reason the site has been messing up for me or not loading so I couldn't get a reply up. Its still messing up but it loads so please bear with me.
  14. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6

The forces of Rohan did not persue just as General Gaal had suspected, they had more pressing matters at hand. As it was they were still well removed from any being of any help in the defense of Rohan, and even the slight delay Isengard caused could do some good. During the ride the General had recieved a message from Saruman, the calvary was to ride to the fields north of Fangorn and await the arrival of the main host of the Isengard army, and that was exactly where his force of 415 was headed now.

Tag: Nobody

The message from Treebeard was heard by the ancient wizard, he could have expected no different an answer but still he fumed that the Ents were not helping him against the elves. There would be time for revenge later however, for now he had no choice but to recognize the wishes of his "friend", and he sent a message to his captain right away. "Captain Gnof, we have no choice but to retreat out of Fangorn. Shift your focus to a defensive position, if the elves retreat do not attack but do follow, I will give further orders as the situation demands."

The message was off, and Saruman could do nothing more than wait for the response of the elven forces. They were outnumbered by a large margin, and their position was growing more dire by the day.

Tag: Anybody invloved

IC: Captain Gnarf, Fangorn

Gnarf got the new orders and cursed at the misfortune, Isengard was close to a decisive win against the Elves and now this. He was tempted to ignore the command and give Isengard its deserved victory, but to disobey Saruman would be a death sentence, and he had aspirations of a longer life. The order was passed, the infantry pulled back from its flanking position and the Warg riders were ordered to ride to the northern fields and meet with General Gaal, it was hard to get the Uruk-Hai to pull back from its offensive but it was done. The Isengard force was now in defensive formation waiting to see what the forces of Lothlorien would do, now all they could do was defend themselves and wait.

Tag: Anybody invloved

Remaining Balance: 500

Forces Defending against Elven attack in Fangorn
    1 Infantry Legion (1500 troops)

Defensive retreat mode, pull out to the north of Fangorn.

Forces enroute to land north of Fangorn, between it and Lothlorien
    1 Warg Rider Division (865 troops)

Wait for main force of Isengard in fields north of Fangorn./>
  15. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: My apologies, consider my last post as if it were posted today.
  16. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Éomer
    Rohan

Éomer watched with dismay as the warg riders managed to circle around behind his cavalry. He began to shout out orders, but stopped. Over the hills came more Riders and foot soldiers. A cheer went up from the beleaguered warriors of the Rohirrim. As the reinforcements poured into the battle, the leaders approached Éomer?s position. They introduced themselves. "I am Éothain. I have come from the Dunland campaign. When we started out, there were five hundred foot and one thousand horse. We were ambushed on the way." "I am Théor, with one thousand horse. I am leading the reinforcements from Rohan." Éomer grinned. They might win this battle after all. "Théor, your troops will aid my main forces in destroying the enemy infantry. Éothain, your forces will find and hunt down the warg riders. Now let's go and win this battle!"

Tag: MASTERPRENN, Master_Burhead, Jango10, any others

IC: Rider of Rohan
    Bree

The Rider sighed. His compelling arguments and reasoned logic were no match for the man?s combination of stubbornness and provincial ignorance. He decided on a different tactic. ?If you don?t want to join Rohan, why not become a Protectorate? Bree will pay its taxes to us, but other than that you will be free of intervention by Rohan, for the most part. When attacked, you can call on us for military aid. What do you say??

The Rohirrim

Rohan Battle Commands

Of the new reinforcements, 1000 cavalry will join in killing the infantry. 1000 cavalry and 500 infantry will hunt down and eliminate the warg riders.

1st Army

Forces:

1st Archers (160)

2nd Army

Forces:

5th ? 8th Riders of Rohan (1975)

Commands: Win the battle in Rohan.

3rd Army

Forces:

2nd Infantry Company (420)
    3rd ? 4th Riders of Rohan (990)

Commands: Win the battle in Rohan.

4th Army

Forces:

Commands: Win the battle in Rohan./>
  17. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    OOC: Dontlookatmethatway, where did you get that extra fourth army?
  18. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOC: I bought it.

19. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6

There was time before the elves responded to the request of the Ents, after all his means of communication were far superior to that of any force in Middle Earth, so the wizard looked in his Ithil-stone to survey the landscape and his situation. He looked to the west to the wild lands of Enedwaith, a vast rolling landscape of barbaric wild men.......men that hated Rohan. Saruman mused over plans in his mind for some moments, there was possible gain in moving west now. Rohan had given the residents of Enedwaith good cause to fear invasion, if Isengard was to enlist their aid it would have to be now.

Saruman sent for a messanger, "Gather 10 messangers and take copies of this message to the people of Enedwaith, travel the lands and stop at all the major villages and spread the word of Saruman to its leaders." He then set to work writing out Isengard's offer to the people of Enedwaith, it reads as such.....

"Honorable and brave people of Enedwaith,

Our worst fears have been realized, the Empire of Rohan is set on expansion and already your brothers in Dunland have paid a horrible price. Their lands are now under direct control of Rohan, and their merciless calvary was not content to take its victory, your brothers in Dunland were slaughtered in the hundreds.

I am doing what I can to oppose the growing ambition of Rohan, but I fear that Dunland was only a steppingstone to the western lands. Isengard is willing to offer protection under its banner, allow us to aid the free land of Enedwaith from this threat. There is little time, surely you have seen the refugees of the conflict in Dunland, you know that my words are true.

Unite under the banner of Isengard, before the tide of Rohan overwhelms the free lands and people of Enedwaith. Forces are already set aside to march to fortify Enedwaith upon your permission, please act before Rohan is prepared to extend its influence into your lands.

Saruman of Isengard"

The message was copied, and the messangers rode off to the lands of Enedwaith. Soon the message would be heard by the leaders of Enedwaith, and with some luck they would unite against a common enemy.

All this is the same as before

Remaining Balance: 500

Forces Defending against Elven attack in Fangorn
    1 Infantry Legion (1500 troops)

Defensive retreat mode, pull out to the north of Fangorn.

Forces enroute to land north of Fangorn, between it and Lothlorien
    1 Warg Rider Division (865 troops)

Wait for main force of Isengard in fields north of Fangorn./>
  20. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    OOC: I didn't see that. Sorry.

IC: Nargoth the Desturctive

The Infantry company and Warg company fianlly arrived, as did the Archers from the camp. It looked like this was going to be the battle. Not what Nargoth intended to happen, but he had to role with it. This was actually pretty good. He commanded the new reinforcements along with 200 Wrag riders to engane Gondor, and took the rest of his forces, and the ohters to attack Rohan.

TAG: All involed, Jango

***Forces of Moria***

At Moia:

1 Infantry company (500)
    1 Warg divsion (500) (1 Warg company+1 Warg company)
    1 Archer company (100)

At Rohan:

ARMY 1

Nargoth the Desturctive
    Infantry Divisions (3): 2900
    1 Warg Division: 500
    1 Archer company: 100

Commands: Attack Rohan forces

ARMY 2 (Arrived from Moria, bought last turn)

1 Infantry company: 500
    1 Warg company: 250
    1 Warg comapny (from army 1): 200

Commands: Engage Gondor/>
  21. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    IC: The Lord of the Nazgul
    Location: At the Encampment on the Angmarian Boarder with Arnor

The Black Stallion that bore the Lord of the Nazgul crested one of the many hills that overlooked the Western Contingent of Angmar's Army. The Witch King pulled his horse to a stop as he overlooked his army. The Red Banners waved proudly in the early morning sky, a western breeze catching them wildly. All was quiet on the plains that laid before him. And they will remain quiet. At least for now. But soon, when he had a force powerful enough to engage Arnor..... that would all change.

Let the groundwork be laid first.

The Black Captain spurred his horse onward, galloping full speed down the hill and into the camp. The hundreds of horses that made up the Calvary Division raised their heads as the Wraith entered the camp. Horses were always sensative to the presence of the the undead, with the ringwraith being no exception. He whipped by a few soldiers as he entered the camp proper, the men lowering their heads of he passed. The Witch King knew exactly where he was heading. The Captian's tent, found always at the center of camp. He seeked an audience with Commander Piter, head of the Western Front.

The Ringwraith eventually found Piter's tent and dismounted as the thin human exited his tent. The brown haired man looked up to the Black Captain, breathing in deep breath. As a Commander, he had become used to the Witch King's presence, and feared him less than most other men. That was why he was in such a high position. The Witch King did not wish to have sniveling cowards in positions of power in his military. That was simply not how the Angmarian Army was run. Piter fired off a crisp salute to the Lord of the Nazgul as he approached.

"My Lord." Piter said professionally, "Its a pleasure to see you at my camp."

"You may dismiss the pleasantries commander." the Witch King said, not harshly but simply as one not interested in chit-chat. "I trust you recieved my messager?"

"I did." the Commander said, facing the spectral being. "We did our scouting of the two areas. Gram has a mediumly defended Orc Population, while the Ettenmoors were deemed empty."

"Then we move towards the Ettenmoors immediately." the Witchking hissed, the early morning sun spilling its rays out as it dawned over the Misties to the East.

"What of the Orcs sir?" Piter said skeptically

"They are of no concern to us Commander. Firstly, we ride now. During the day. I would wager most of the trolls out here are traditional. Turn to stone in the sunlight. This will allow for us to set up encampments. The Ettenmoors are large expanses of land, so our calvary will work well here. When the night falls, we shall set up sentries and ready the storm. The armies of Angmar are not hindered by trolls. We shall clear the land of them if they will not surrender to us."

Piter nodded. "Your will be done my Lord. Shall we leave sentries here to watch our boarders?"

"Yes." the Witch King said, nodding his head. "A force of 30 shall do it. From the Calvary so that they can ride to alert us in time. Assemble your forces and move out Commander Piter. To the Ettenmoors."

The man banged his armored hand against his breast-plate and went to rally the troops. The Witch King on the otherhand spurred his horse down the eastern road out of camp. The Ettenmoors beckoned.

Soon the troops were up and mobile, marching forth along the foothills of the Misty Mountains.

TAG: GM for welcoming party (if any) at the Ettenmoors

IC: Nargold and Malichi

Nargold and Malichi watched as one of the Moria Orcs moved out to greet them.

"Greetings brothers. We appreciate the help. We already have quarters prepared for you."

The Orc pointed in towards the gate. The Wight could see a great number of beds present around the area for the troops to encamp. He communicated this to Nargold, who nodded and grunted.

"Thank you for your cooperation." the Moria Orc finished.

"We graciou/>
  22. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    OOC: Shoot, sorry for the double post! Technical Difficulty Strikes! :eek:
  23. phantom_panther Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC:Galadriel

Galadrial had set her archers as far back into the trees as possible. the incredible range of the Lorien long bows would give her Archers opportunity for multiple vollies. The Infantry was set before the Archers to support them. As the Isenguard colum entered the extreme range of the powerful long bows she ordered the first volley. As the missiles zipped over head she turned to the ranking officer. "Fire Every 3 seconds target, the wargs, bring them down. The infantry will buy you the time you need to fall back to the defensive positions. No matter what keep the archers shooting." She turned and rode to another place in camouflaged line of elves Taking a moment to speak a word or two of encouragement. The magic in her voice would also help her men.

***Finances***
    Income-1500
    Current-0
    Total-1500

Expenses
    1 infantry division-1000
    1 archer division-250
    Total-1250

Remaining-250

***End Finances***

***Tactical***
    Fangorn Force
    1 Infantry division-900
    2 Archer divisions-400

Orders- Archers attack Wargs, Infantry support Archers

Rivendell Force
    1 Infantry division (1000)
    1 Infantry detachment (500)
    1 Archer division (200)
    1 Archer detachment (100)
    Orders- standby

Home Guard
    3 Archer divisions (600)
    1 Calvary division (250)
    1 Infantry division (1000)
    Orders-Hold the city

***End Tactical***

IC: Rastev

Rastev entered the valley of Rivendell with only his honor guard, ten archers and ten Infantry men. He immediately requested to see the lord of Riveldell master Elrond.

TAG:GM, Dispised1
  24. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Panther, the Ents requested that we not fight in Fangorn, I just want to be sure of your intent before I post. Am I correct in assuming that you are not stopping your attack, your post makes it look that way.

Also about your archers firing on my Warg, about a day or 2 ago I ordered them to seperate from your forces and ride to the land north of Fangorn, my Warg arn't near your troops anymore, just my Uruk-Hai and Infantry.

I just wanted to be sure of your actions before I post.
  25. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Reynal, Mayor of Bree

"A protectorate?" Reynal repeated. "A protectorate you say? This sounds like a good proposition. We will still be allowed to run our own city, right? "

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Battle of Fangorn

The Forces of Isengard pulled out of the forest, getting hit by Elven archers as they did so. After coming out of the forest, the Forces of Isengard went out of range of the Elven Archers. The battle seemed to have come to a standstill.

Elves of Lorein

1 Infantry Division: 850
    2 Archer Divisions: 400

Forces of Isengard

2 Uruk-Hai Divisions: 1,960
    1 Infantry Division: 465

TAG: phantom_panther, Despised1

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Elrond

"Greetings, Rastev my friend," Elrond said, "It is a pleasure to see you, but why have you marched an army all this way?"

TAG: phantom_panther

IC: The Ettenmoors

The horses stirred as they entered into the Ettenmoors. They could sense something the soldiers could not. Something was present in the shadows, just off the path.

IC: The Shire

The Cosairs of Umbar sailed down the Brandywine River, deep into the heart of the Shire. A Hobbit scout spotted the the large fleet and rode off upon his horse. A few minutes later, a bell was heard ringing. The alarm had been sounded.

TAG: Winged_Jedi

GM Note

Concerning Replacements:

Replacement costs will vary depending on how many units you lose. However many units you lost, you will have to pay that unit price. I know this may sound confusing, because I can't think of any other way to say it, so here is an example:

Infantry Division (1000): 1000

So one infantry unit costs: 1. If you lose 100 infantry, it will cost 100 to replace it. The same math could be done with any of the items in the store.

OOC: Can anyone tell me a better way to divide the posts?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.