1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Lords of Middle-Earth

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Rider of Rohan
    Bree

    The Rider, seeing an opportunity to add Bree as a Protectorate, moved quickly to soothe the man?s fears. ?Yes, yes. Your government will not be interfered with.?

    Tag: Jango10
  2. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    Jango10, I'm so glad you asked that question, cos I reckon it's those lines you use which makes me have to keep scrolling sideways. :p

    You can create lines like this:


    by using the HRULE button (at the format toolbar when you post)./>
  3. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: Thanks Winged_Jedi!

  4. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: No worries.

    The Brandywine River, The Shire

    The bell sounded around the ears of the sailors on the ships of Umbar, as the halflings prepared to defend themselves against the dark invader.

    "A truly beautiful country," remarked Vladimor the First, as his officers hurried to him for orders. "I see now why there are so many songs of this place. Cheerful songs, you understand. Folk songs. Quaint."

    He turned to his crew, who had been waiting patiently for their scholarly leader to dispense with the observations and start with the commands. He obliged.

    "There can be no quarter, even for little foes such as these. Land the ships!"

    His words were acknowledged with quick salutes, and relayed to the rest of the fleet. The four troop ships slowed to a halt at the riverbank, and the forces of Umbar made their way onto the land. One thousand infantry, five hundred cavalry and two hundred archers- a total of one thousand seven hundred ground troops in all. Vladimor himself disembarked, turning to his chief officer.

    "Captain Lentulor, you are in charge of the ships until my return. Continue to sail along the river, and fire without hesitation upon any hobbits or settlements you might come across."

    "Understood, my lord."

    Vladimor stood there, silent, feeling the warmth of the sun even through the shade of the trees above him, and turned to his men. Without a word, he began leading them towards the north.


    Military Command- Battle of the Shire

    First Blackguard Infantry (1000 troops): Heading Northwards
    First Warbringer Cavalry (500 troops): Heading Northwards
    First Scarskin Archers (200 troops): Heading Northwards

    The Lost Fury (Corsair, 500 crew): Continuing along Brandywine River
    The Nightship (Corsair, 500 crew): Continuing along Brandywine River
    4 Troop Ships (Total troop capacity: 2000, currently carrying no troops): Following Corsairs along Brandywine River

    Tag: Jango10
    />
  5. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    OOC: Praise be for no more sidescroll! :D

    IC: The Witch King
    Location: The Ettenmoors

    The Witch King sat upon his horse as the troops entered the Ettenmoors. Before him, nothing but the expansive wastes of the place. Here in the wilderland, no man or king ruled. For what was there to rule? The air was too cold and the ground to hard for any sort of farming. And in the mountains, save perhaps for the looming visage of Gram to the North, no precious metals to be found. So the Ettenmoors became havens for the wild things, the trolls and the wolves, beasts not welcome in Arnor and not stout enough for the snows of Angmar.

    But now, Angmar came to them. The Horses of the Calvary stirred as the troopers entered the wastes. What was it that they sensed. Horses were peculiar beasts. Some in Mordor believed they could sense things human troops could not. The Witch King knew himself that his own stead, by the name of Gorgorath, was sensitive to such things. But Gorgorath was also extremely disciplined, and did not stir where the other, less tamed steeds did. The Witch King's gaze drifted off the path into the wilderness. Something was present there, hiding, watching perhaps?

    "Soldiers at the ready." he hissed to the thousand troopers, traveling on foot besides the horses. The soldiers drew their swords, and the cavalrymen shouldered their lances. The Witch King himself spurred his horse slightly forward, turning to face whatever thing waited in the bushes. It could not be a troll, they are too stupid for an ambush, and could not even be out at night. The Witch King's Nazgul blade was ready should the creature not be one allied to Sauron, but he doubted he would need to use it.

    "Creature of the Shadows!" the Witch King shouted in the Black Speech sounding more as a shrill cry than actual words, "Answer your Master's Call! Show yourself to the Lord of the Nazgul, greatest of the Nine!"

    TAG: GM as the Boogieman in the Bushes />
  6. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Reynal, Mayor of Bree

    "Very well," Reynal said. "Bree will pay tribute to the King of Rohan, and in return Rohan will protect us. No more. No less."

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway



    IC: The Battle of the Shire

    The ships of Umbar landed on the shores of the Brandywine River, and began moving their troops inland. They were met by thousands of Hobbits. Not warriors or soldiers, but farmers and store owners, all willing to give their lives to protect their homeland. The Hobbits may prove harder to defeat than it seems.

    Army of Umbar

    First Blackguard Infantry (1000 troops)
    First Warbringer Cavalry (500 troops)
    First Scarskin Archers (200 troops)

    Forces of the Shire

    Hobbit Infantry: 2000
    Hobbit Archers: 500

    TAG: Winged_Jedi



    IC: The Lieutenant of Barad-Dur

    The Lieutenant of Barad-Dur trotted out of the darkness of the forest. "I answer to none but the Eye. Not even you, Lord of Angmar. If you are loyal to Mordor, you will not hinder me," The Lieutenant said not showing one ounce of fear.

    TAG: Imperial_Hammer

    />/>
  7. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    OOC: Jango10, should I just keep waiting on this Fangorn thing?

    Also I don't know if you missed it, but I sent messangers into Enedwaith about 4 days ago. I have not seen your reply yet, if you are just waiting on it for any reason I appologize for sounding pushy. It just seems like nothing is really happening for Isengard because of the waiting on Lothlorien and I would love to get in the game a bit more.

    :)
  8. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Rider of Rohan
    Bree

    The Rider nodded. ?Agreed.? He turned and strode out of the chamber, to bring the news to his commander.

    Tag: None


    OOC: I feel a little bit like Despised. The battle in the hills of Rohan has been dragging on forever. It's holding up my forces and stopping them from providing help in other areas. I realize that it is important to give your opponent time to post, but when these battles drag on forever it can have a negative effect on gameplay. People can even use meta-gaming tricks like dragging their feet on posting so that they can bring in reinforcements or something of that nature.
    />
  9. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: The Lord of the Nazgul
    Location: The Ettenmoors

    If the Lord of the Nazgul could have shown suprise, he would have. Here, so North in the Ettenmoors, an Agent of Mordor? And not just some lonely beast, but the Lieutenant of Barad-Dur? One to the Level of the Witch King, perhaps even moreso! The Black Captain was impressed, and now curious. Where was he heading? To Carn Dum perhaps?

    The Witch King spurred his horse a bit forward, to parlay with the Lieutenant

    "I answer to none but the Eye. Not even you, Lord of Angmar." the rider spoke. "If you are loyal to Mordor, you will not hinder me,"

    The Lord of the Nazgul inclined his slightly head in a motion of honor. He had no intention of quarreling with his Master or any of his servants.

    "No resistance will be given from me, Messanger of Sauron. Angmar remains forever wed to Mordor. What brings you to these Northern Lands, rider of the South? Need you an escort to some place unbeknownst to me?"

    TAG: GM
  10. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    GM Note

    To All: If they are just waiting to bring in reinforcements, then it will not work because it will take some time to bring some in. I guess I will just post on the battles anyway.

    To Despised1: I'm sorry, I saw your post and I planned on waiting about a day or two, and then I just forgot. I will reply now. But I cannot do anything about the Battle of Fangorn, as you are out of the Archers' range, and the Elves are not moving to engage Isengard. The Battle has literally come to a standstill.



    IC: Hargor, Chief of Enedwaith

    The people of Enedwaith lived much like the people of Dunland: they were a nomadic people. Their villages were temporary; they remained in a place until they had exhausted all resources. A rider of Isengard entered into one of these villages where Hargor, the Cheif of the Enedwaith people resided. The rider handed Hargor the letter who then read it.

    "I am aware of what Rohan did to Dunland," Hargor said to the rider. "Many of their refugees have crossed into our borders. Rohan riders now pass through Dunland farther into the West. We do believe Rohan will attempt to invade Enedwaith. An alliance with Isengard may prove useful."

    TAG: Despised1



    IC: Battle of the Rohan Hills

    The scope of the battle greatly incresed with the addition of reinforcements from Rohan and Moria. The tide slowly began to turn in Rohan's favor as the Rohan Calvary overwhelmed the Moria Orcs. It would not be long before the Moria Orcs would be destroyed. But with this feeling of victory the Rohan had, a price would have to be paid. The Army of Gondor was slowly being overrun by the Moria Forces. They were not going to last long.

    Moria Orcs

    3 Infantry Divisions: 2,000
    1 Warg Division: 450
    1 Archer Company: 90

    1 Infantry Company: 490
    1 Warg Company: 220
    1 Warg Comany: 190

    Gondorian Forces

    1 Infantry Legion: 100
    1 Calvary Division: 435

    Army of Rohan

    5th ? 8th Riders of Rohan: 1,972
    2nd Infantry Company: 410
    3rd ? 4th Riders of Rohan: 990
    9th ? 10th Riders of Rohan: 1,000

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway, Master_Burhead, MASTERPRENN



    IC: The Lieutenant of Barad-Dur

    "As you know, Sauron has rebuilt Barad-Dur and has taken residence there," the Lieutenant said. "Now Sauron seeks the One-Ring. The Eye believes the Ring lies somewhere west of the Misty Mountains. As Sauron's most trusted servant, it has fell my task to find it."

    The Lieutenant paused for a moment. "This does not keep those drawn to the Ring's power from seeking it out, also," the Lieutenant said, hinting at the Witch-King and the rest of the Nazgul. "The time is drawing near. Soon the Sun and Moon will be destroyed, and then the Last Battle where Sauron will take his place at the throne over Middle-Earth."

    TAG: Imperial_Hammer/>/>/>
  11. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Lady Raine Yubari

    Raine stood in the inner chamber of her palace with all her generals. Around the room hung intricate black tapastries which directly contrasted the simple white walls. A single chandelier swung above them, silently releasing sweet smelling incence into the air.

    In front of them on the large marble table was a large map showing all of middle-earth, sticking up from the browning paper were small flags representing the forces of both enemies and friends.

    "Explain the situation." Raine finally said sitting at her throne and sipping from her glass of wine.
    "Angmar moves to defend its friends in Moria, a large force now resides in Kazad-Dum. A large battle rages in Rohan as well as Lolthlorien. It would also seem Umbar has moved to attack the halflings in the Shire although they have recently come apon large defences from farmers and alike." The head spy master said with a slight grin at the end at which point several of the generals laughed.
    "Gentlemen, i do not find this matter humourous. Our friends in Umbar could loose significant numbers against these farmers. Maybe i should put each of you in a room with a rable of angry farmers. Have you ever had a pitch fork through your stomach... i'm sure its not pleasent." Raine spat as she stood from her throne. "We will send reinforcments to help. I will lead them. Send a messanger to the Umbar forces at the Shire to inform them of our coming."
    "Although i disagree ma'am i will rouse the troops." The general of the vanguard said leaving the room.
    "This meeting is adjurned." Raine said following him out into the rest of the palace.

    Raine sat on her majestic chesnut horse, given to her from a Rohan diplomat many years ago that had fallen in love with her. Her steed did not stir as the 3000 strong army marched past. Raine smiled slightly under her unique Easterling helmet. Her long black hair was hidden under the dark red cloth that fell all around her over the bronze armour. In her hand she held her fathers sword, Morel, a long sword made of dark silver mined from the ground that Elannon stand on; In most light it appears almost black but under the stars it sheems a glorious silver.
    "Come men! We march to the aide of our brothers. Many of us will die, many swords will break, many bows will crack but we will suceed and when the sun burns out and the moon crashes to earth we will be respected and even the eye will remember this day!" Raine shouted across the hill, a large cheer filled the air from the men and women of Rhun, this was a glorious day.

    tag: Jango10, Winged_Jedi


    ***COMMAND MODE***

    *PURCHASE MODE*


    Inflows:

    Rhun: 2500
    Starting Amount: 0250

    Total Inflow:
    2750

    Outflows

    2x Infantry Division - 1500 (25% off- Barracks)
    3x Archer Division - 1125 (25% off- Barracks)

    Total Outflows: 2625

    Net Balance: 125


    The Military of Rhun:
    6 Infantry Divisions
    1 Warg Division:
    6 Archer Division



    ***Rhun's Holdings***

    Elannon:
    Fortified:
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Warg Division
    1 Archer Division
    1 Archer Division
    1 Archer Division

    The Shire:
    Moving to reinforce Umbar:
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Infantry Division
    1 Archer Division
    1 Archer Division
    1 Archer Division
  12. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    OOC: Sorry for my absence, post coming later today or tonight.
  13. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    OOC: Holy Smokes, its payday! :D

    IC: The Lord of the Nazgul
    Location: Encamped, The Ettenmoors

    The Lord of the Nazgul sat upon his horse, listening to the The Lieutenant of Barad-Dur speak of the upcoming end times. Yes, the Ring of Power. So that was why he was here in the Ettenmoors? Searching to the Ring? And what of his brothers, the Eight? Why were they not here instead. It was all very curious.

    Was this one trying to take the Witch Kings job? Sauron's most trusted servant indeed. Was it this man that was establishing a nation of darkness in the North? Hmm. This all struck the Black Captain as most peculiar. Yet his discipline, his discipline in not doubting the Dark Lord prevailed. Perhaps this was some test, to make sure the Witch King remained faithful.

    "Indeed." he said simply. "So you seek the Ring here, in these forsaken wastes? I have lost the ability to sense it in return for my autonomy. Should you require Angmar's assistance, you have but to ask it. We encamp here now, to stand against the Trolls present in the shaws to the South. And later, to invade the Orcs of Mount Gram. Slowly Northern Middle Earth slips away from the light.

    TAG: GM for the Lieutenent

    IC: Commander Norik
    Location: Carn Dum

    The bulky man that was Commander Norik sat at a table deep within the Citadel of Carn Dum. In front of him, a floating ghastly Barrow Wight, calling himself Lystro.

    "The Army is ready." Norik said gruffly, scratching his bristly beard as he tore his eyes from the map to the Wight. "Two thousand from Angmar and a thousand from Gundabad. Plus our engineers have finished work on the Dark Brothers. Four of them, to hold our infantry against the defenses of Foroth. Are you sure this is the Black Captain's wishes?"

    "Yesssss." Lystro said, "I have been in commune with his presence as he works in the Ettenmoorssss. The Snowmen are weak. Their armies, unformed. Now issss the time to ssstrike before they rise to challenge Carrrn Dum."

    Norik frowned. Intelligence on the Snowmen was weak. No one really knew what they would find inside of Foroth. But the beginning of this army was strong enough to at least put serious stress on the snowmen, perhaps to the point of breaking. It was quite a risk, but uncontested Hegemony in the Forodwaith would an amazing payoff.

    "You ride over there." the Commander said to the Wight. "Take one of our fastest steeds. Try to see what armies await us at Foroth. At the very least, offer the Ice Lord a chance for surrender. Angmar has now officially annexed Forochel. They must join, or be eliminated."

    "And whaaat will you do Norrrik?" Lystro asked sullenly.

    "Command the army of course." Norik replied with a frown. "Depending on what you find, we will either over-run, or lay siege to the city."

    "Will you crosssss the Iceeee Bay?" the wight asked.

    "No." Norik responded. "The Ice is not thick enough to hold us, especially the towers. We will have to travel up the penninsula. Should be arrive uncontested, we will surround city. If not, then we will battle with the Snowmen."

    The ghostly wight nodded.

    "Now go." Norik ordered, "And dissuade the Ice Lord from standing against us. Our armies shall arrive soon enough. You know what to do if assailed."

    The wight nodded, saluated, and turned to float down to the stables. This would be Angmar's biggest quarry yet. The battle should be interesting.

    TAG: GM for first the response of the Forchellians to Lystro, and then, later if you wish, any response for the invading troopers

    ***COMMAND MODE***

    *PURCHASE MODE*

    Inflows
    Carn Dum : +1500
    Mt. Gundabad : +1000
    The Ettenmoors: +0500

    Total Inflow: +3000


    Outflows
    (1) Barrow Wight : -0000
    (2) Infantry Division : -1500 (2x750)
    (1) Northern Orc Divisions : -0500
    (4) Siege Towers : -1000

    Total Outflows: -3000


    Net Balance: +0000

    [/>/>/>/>
  14. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    Finances

    Income

    Starting Balance: 1000

    Income: 3000
    - Rohan (1500)
    - Dunland (1000)
    - Bree (500)

    Total Income: 4000

    Expenses

    Stables ? 3000
    Unit Replacements (1st Army) - 500

    Total Expenditure: 3500

    End Balance: 500


    IC: Théodred
    Dunland

    Théodred rubbed his chin in contemplation. ?A Protectorate, you say? This changes things.? The Rider nodded. ?Yes. The Mayor agreed to pay tribute to us if we would defend Bree.? The two were in Théodred?s command tent. In the center of the tent was a table, bearing a map of Middle-Earth. The men stood before the map. Surrounding them were Théodred?s senior officers and military advisors. ?Very well. You may go.? ?Yes, sir.? The Rider saluted and exited the tent. ?Théodred surveyed the map for several minutes, deciding on what to do. His advisors did not say anything. They knew that if Théodred wanted their advice, he would ask for it. Finally, Théodred looked up. ?Do we have a firm enough grip on Bree by adding it as a Protectorate, or do we need to consolidate?? The generals looked nervous. They knew what it meant when Théodred talked about consolidating. It meant to go into a Protectorate and somehow change it from Protectorate status to being part of Rohan itself. This procedure was dangerous and risky. Many lives could be lost if the operation went sour. But this was the next step in a strategy Théodred had devised just for the purpose of expanding the boundaries of Rohan. The Protectorates were carefully designed traps. They formed a bond with that country and set it up for consolidation. Of course, nobody knew about this outside of the high command. It showed a darker side of Théodred ? his ambition. Everyone who knew Théodred very well was aware that he wanted Rohan to rise and become a major power in Middle-Earth. And he had developed tactics to do this. One advisor stepped forward. ?Sir, I do not believe that consolidation would be a good move at this point. We have bigger obstacles to overcome. Bree can wait.? ?Théodred nodded. ?Your council seems sound. Therefore, I issue these orders. We will march north to Bree and stay there until I choose to move out. Scouts will be sent ahead of the main party. They will report on the defenses of Amon Hen and Annúminas. This meeting is ended. Go and ready the troops.?

    Tag: GM for scout reports of Amon Hen and Annúminas


    IC: Éomer
    Rohan

    Éomer watched as the balance began to swing in favor of the Riders. He thought fast and prepared his next set of orders. ?Éothain! Find an officer you trust and tell him to take 150 riders to destroy the enemy archers. You yourself will lead the assault against the warg riders of Moria. Any soldiers not engaged in killing the infantry are to help you.?

    Tag: MASTERPRENN, Master_Burhead, Jango10, any others


    The Rohirrim

    Rohan Battle Commands

    150 Riders hunt down and terminate the enemy archers. The Riders that are not engaging the infantry will annihilate the enemy warg riders. The Riders engaging the infantry will continue to slaughter them.

    1st Army

    Leader: Théodred

    Forces:

    1st Infantry Company (500)
    1st ? 2nd Riders of Rohan (1000)
    1st Archers (200)

    Position: Dunland

    Commands: March to Bree

    2nd Army

    Leader: Éomer

    Forces:

    5th ? 8th Riders of Rohan (1972)

    Position: Rohan

    Commands: Win the battle.

    3rd Army

    Leader: Éothain

    Forces:

    2nd Infantry Company (410)
    3rd ? 4th Riders of Rohan (990)

    Position: Rohan

    Commands: Win the battle

    4th Army

    Leader: Théor

    Forces:

    9th ? 10th Riders of Rohan (1000)

    Commands: Win the battle/>/>
  15. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Messenger, Enedwaith

    The rider from Isengard recieved word back from Chief Hargor of Enedwaith, "This is indeed great news for us both Lord Hargor, Isengard and Enedwaith will stand against Rohan united. I will return at once to Isengard and inform Saruman of this, soon an army will march to Enedwaith to defend it from those that would enslave you." The rider bowed deeply and took his leave of the Chief, with no more delay he began his ride back to Isengard.

    Tag: Jango10, if needed

    OOC: Can I play Chief Hargor and use him as my man in Enedwaith?

    IC: Saruman, Isengard

    The fire of war was spreading throughout Middle Earth, Rohan and Lothlorien lay besieged by legions from Moria and Isengard in the South. In the North the Witch King of Angmar had begun to stir, and his darkness would continue to spread across the lands. The coming weeks would see nations broken, but who would be the first? Saruman knew many things, but to know the future was beyond his ability, but he also knew that to arrive at victory one must be willing to risk everything. That time was now, Galadriel was in Fangorn, for her audacity in challenging Isengard he would see her dead.

    The White Wizard walked to the balcony of his private chambers, there he overlooked 2 fresh Divisions of Isengard's infantry, the best infantry in all of Middle Earth. "March now into the forest, march on the Elves and leave kill all who stand in your path." Saruman's call for battle was echoed by the cheering of the troops below, soon a horn was heard and the lines began marching from Isengard. There would be the Ents to contend with, but it was better to deal with them now and ensure they would not pose a threat in the future.

    Tag; Nobody

    IC: Captain Gnarf, Warg Riders patrolling land north of Fangorn

    During the break in battle Captain Gnarf rode out to meet with General Gaal, during that meeting Saruman sent a message giving new instruction. Gaal was to take command of the forces inside Fangorn, and Gnarf was to take command of the riders and ensure that no more Elven forces would sneak into Fangorn unchallenged. Tactics and plans were discussed and soon General Gaal rode into Fangorn to meet with his army, Gnarf set up watches and sent scouts to patrol the lands.

    Tag: Nobody

    IC: General Gaal, Fangorn, resuming attack on the elves

    General Gaal rode into the camp and quickly organized the forces for another attack on the Elves, Saruman would wait no more, the longer his armies were tied up in the forest the less chance he would have of finding the ring. If the Elves insisted on protecting Fangorn, then they would die, and Galadriel would be taken as a prisoner of Saruman to ensure Lothlorien's neutrality from here forward.

    Orders were passed, 750 Infantry troops would focus on finding and taking Galadriel, alive if possible. A legion of 500 Infantry soldiers would join with 460 Uruk-Hai and seek out and destroy the Elven Archer units. The remaining host of 1500 Uruk-Hai would press forward and slaughter all Elven infantry in their path. Soon an additional 2 divisions would arrive from Isengard as they were already on the march, the time was ripe for General Gaal to bring victory to Isengard.

    A final order was given, and 215 infantry troops seperated from the army to patrol the land between the Elves and the Ents, if they sent any more messengers Isengard would be ready to stop them from reaching the Ents. With all at the ready, General Gaal gave the order to march. Soon blood would again fall, and the elves would regret their actions against Isengard.

    Tag: Jango, Panther


    Previous Balance: 500
    Income: 1500 (Isengard), 850 (Enedwaith): Total 2350
    New Balance: 2850

    Purchases:
    2 Infantry Divisions (2000 troops): 2000
    1 Archer Divisions (200 troops): 500

    Remaining balance: 350

    />
  16. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Nargoth

    The battle was going pretty well, but right now, it was anybodys guess who would win. The forces that had come from Moria were helping, but Rohan also got reinforcments. If something didn't change now, this battle would be lost. He called to Twisthate. "Bring one Wrag rider company (190) to engage the riders taking out the archers. Leave the rest to defeat Gondor!"
    His forces were getting along farily well, but they needed to fight harder. He yelled to all his soldiers, "Fight for Moria!"

    TAG: Jango, don'tlookatmethatway


    IC: Messanger

    The messanger rode his Wrag with great speed. His hood up, and the rain dripping off the front. He knew his orders by heart, for they could not be written down. As he approached the gaits of the Grey Mountains, he had to supress his fear. He would either come back successful or die. A watchtower greeted him, and asked of his business. "I come from Moria, I need to see your leader immediatly." Apparently the mention of Moria was enough, for he was led strait to the "office."

    The messanger stood bravely at the desk of the leader, and delivered his message. "I come to you with a proposition. At this moment, the army of Moria is coming up here, and should be here within three days. I am to tell you that we want to be your partners. Frankly, you are sitting on top of money, money that we wish to have. You can either give it to us, in exchange we will let you keep your culture, government, and we will add our military protection, and perhaps give you a small part of our profit, or we can fight it out and take it from you, leaving you no profit." He waited eagerly for the reply...

    TAG: Jango for the leader


    Purchase Mode:

    Balance: 0

    Income: 2000

    Purchased: 2 Infantry Divisions (2000) - 2000

    Balance: 0


    ***Holdings of Moria***

    At Moria:

    1 Infantry company (500)
    1 Warg divsion (500) (1 Warg company+1 Warg company)
    1 Archer company (100)

    Commands: Dig In

    At Rohan:

    Army One:

    3 Infantry Divisions: 2,000
    1 Warg Division: 450
    1 Archer Company: 90
    1 Warg Comany: 190

    Commands: Battle Rohan

    Army Two:

    1 Infantry Company: 490
    1 Warg Company: 220

    Commands: Engage Gondor

    En Route to Rohan: (Will arrive next post)

    1 Infantry Division (1000)

    En Route to the Grey Mountains:

    Army Three

    1 messanger sent ahead
    1 Infantry division (1000)

    />/>/>
  17. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    GM Note

    Since no one has bought Trolls yet, I'm changing it:

    Troll Division (20 Trolls): 2000



    IC: The Lieutenant of Barad-Dur

    "No," the Lieutenant sneered, "the Ring is not here. I'm just passing through. I have been ordered to scower the north, while the other eight Nazgul search the south. It will not be long before the Ring is found. Now, I must ride." The Lieutenant turned his horse and galloped off into the twilight.

    The sun set over the horizon and darkness filled the sky. Rustling was heard in the distance, and the horses were once again spooked. Suddenly they appeared. Dozens of trolls appeared from the shaws. The were not organized, but they were numerous.

    TAG: Imperial_Hammer



    IC: Ice Lord Nombre Esclave

    "Sir," a soldier of Forochel called, "you might want to see this."

    The Ice Lord of Forochel walked out of his throne room atop the fortress city of Foroth. Overlooking the walls of the great city was miles and miles of ice in one direction and tundra in another. Forochel was a barren wasteland, but this was Nombre's home.

    He atop the walls of the castle until he came over the great gates that rival Minas Tirith in strength. In front of the gates, was a Barrow-Wight. Nombre's heart filled with fear, as this was the first time he had seen such a horrendous creature.

    "I am Lystro and I come on behalf of the Witch-King of Angmar," the Barrow-Wight rasped. "The Witch-King wishes you to honorably surrender Foroth and the rest of Forochel to Angmar, and you and your people will be able to live."

    "Tell the Witch-King that if his arm grows any longer, it will be cut off!" Nombre shouted. "I will not surrender Foroth!"

    TAG: Imperial_Hammer



    IC: Amon Hen Info

    There is no immediate threat seeable at Amon Hen, but Orcs loyal to Mordor are known to patorl there.

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway



    IC: Annúminas Info

    Annuminas is an ancient crumbling castle that was once capital of Arnor. Although no citezens live in the city, Dunedain Rangers are stationed there.

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway



    IC: Wertan, Orc Chieftan of the Grey Mountains

    The orc snarled. He stood up, approached the messenger, and held out his hand. The messenger reached his hand out to shake Wertan's. Suddenly, Wertan grabbed the messenger's wrist, drew his sword, and hacked the messenger's arm off. He then grabbed the messenger by the throat and pulled him next to his face. "Now you have our answer. If you march an army past our borders, we will destroy you." Wertan threw the messenger to the ground. The messenger crawled out of Wertan's sight and back to his Warg.

    TAG: MASTERPRENN/>/>/>/>/>
  18. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Théodred
    Dunland

    ?How hard is it to write decent scout reports?? griped Théodred partially to himself and partially to the others around him. ?I send you out expecting detailed information, and I get this.? He scrutinized the report in his hand briefly. ?It doesn?t tell me anything about the enemy?s numbers or even what kind of troop types they have exactly. It just says that there are Dunedain rangers present. This is unacceptable. Furthermore, I have to adjust my plans to compensate for this. Despite my irritation, I will give you another chance. You will go and scout out both the Hills of Evendim and the North Downs. You will do this quickly and efficiently. If you come back with the sort of half-baked reports I hold in my hand here, there will be mass demotions and even court-martials within the Scout Corps. Do I make myself clear?? The officer in charge of the Scout Corps nodded mutely. ?Now, tell me what our other scouts have turned up.? ?The Corsairs of Umbar are attacking the Shire. The Witch-King of Angmar has been expanding aggressively. He has sent soldiers into the Ettenmoors and we have reason to believe that he is attacking Foroth.? ?Very well. You are dismissed.? The man quickly exited. Théodred sank back in his chair. It was so difficult to lead an army, so very difficult. He would stay awake at night, staring up at the ceiling of his tent and worrying. Théodred stood up and walked over to the window, looking out over Bree. He was fortunate in having one of the rooms in the town. Most soldiers slept outside in their tents. But Théodred was the general in charge of the First Army. His thoughts strayed from the scene in front of him to the battle currently going on in Rohan. He hadn?t received any more dispatches about it apart from the first. He didn?t know how the soldiers fared. But Théodred did know this: he would not stop fighting until all of Middle-Earth came under the control of Rohan and it?s allies.

    Tag: GM for the Hills of Evendim and the North Downs
  19. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    OOC: Jango, what is the info for the Grey Mountians?
  20. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Saruman and Messenger, Isengard

    The rider from Enedwaith had returned but a few minutes ago, and already he was standing before Saruman delivering the good news, the White Wizard seemed very please at this new province to Isengard. The lands of Enedwaith were barren and little profit could be had there, but the position would help to be a great borderstate to the nations of the east. Saruman quickly sent a message to the new infantry entering Fangorn, their presence would not be required to settle the dispute with the Elves, their new orders would take them to Enedwaith.

    Tag: Nobody


    Current Balance: 350


    Forces Defending Isengard
    Command: Saruman
    1 Infantry Legion (500 troops)
    2 Archer Division (400 troops)

    Forces marching to Enedwaith

    2 Infantry Divisions (2000 troops)

    Forces Attacking Elven force in Fangorn [face_whistling]
    Command: General Gaal
    2 Uruk-Hai Divisions (1960 troops)
    1 Infantry Division and 1 Legion (1465 troops)

    Attack! Attack! Attack!

    Forces in land north of Fangorn, between it and Lothlorien
    Command: Captain Gnarf
    1 Warg Rider Division (865 troops)

    Patrol land just north of Fangorn, watch for Elven reinforcements and prevent Elves from fleeing the forest.[/quote]/>/>
  21. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: The Witch King
    Location: The Ettenmoors

    The Witch King bowed his head as the Lieutenant of Barad-Dur rode off into the Sunset. The Day seemed to move fast in the Ettenmoors, no doubt not through coincidence. No wonder the Trolls enjoyed their time here. By the time his conference with the Lieutenant was finished, camp had already been set up on the wastes, while fires burned, cooking the meals of the Angmarian soldiers. The Witch King spurred his horse back into camp, satisfied with the products of the day and pleased to be here in the Ettenmoors. For the rest of the evening, he settled into conference with Piter about their future plans.

    "This was all rather simple." Piter said, reclining as he partook of the roasted meat captured by the Angmarian Infantry. "I must admit that this all strikes me as a bit unsettling."

    "Tell me Commander." the Witch King hissed. "Are your men ready to battle?"

    The commander looked confused.

    "Why do you ask my Lord?" he said.

    "They are here." the Witch King replied, bowing his head to exit the tent out into the night sky.

    Just as the Witch King exited, horns blew from around the camp of the scouts emplaced, sighting the movements of trolls converging on the camp.

    "Make sure the trolls do not flank ussss." the Witch King said moving towards his horse, Piter following him. "They are dumb creatures, so their tacticssss shall be crude. But we shall not rule out the sheer possibility of them surrounding us or catching us in a crosss-hair."

    Piter nodded, stopping as the Witch King mounted his steed. "And use the calvary extensively. They have the speed to deal with these beasts. If the trollssss move within striking dissstance of the Infantry, make sure our men have at leassssst 10 to 1 odds. Be ready to withdraw on my command if necessary."

    The commander saluted as the Witch King spurred his own horse out of the camp and into the field, his dark presence flairing at the sheer closeness of battle. He rode like lightning out into the fields while the men mobilized. The King rode up the highest hill, alone, the trolls approaching his position. He withdrew his sword as he pulled his horse to stop.... forcing it to rise up on its hind legs. The Commander struck a pose, lifting his sword into the air and igniting it with a crack. The fire coursed up and down its blade as the King summoned all of the Darkness to him, seeking to inspire fear in the primative creatures. He knew he would have a role to play here. Trolls were simply animals, and, like animals to fire, so too could he drive them away.

    Be gone foul beasts! he radiated towards them This land is yours no longer. Join us, become mighty killing machines of our army, or be destroyed by us entirely.

    The Witch King stood atop his hill, menacingly and as if a portant of doom, while his calvary formed up behind him...

    TAG: GM for Trolls

    -Command Mode-

    **** For the Ettenmoors***

    -Calvary to form into 40 groups of 11
    -Infantry to arrange into 5 groups of 200
    -Calvary groups to make run hit-and-fades on any and all trolls present in the field, focusing on speed over damage
    -Infantry groups to hang to the rear and attack only when directly threatened by the trolls
    -The Witch King to engage trolls directly, emphasizing speed and attacking with the Dark Arts
    -Do not let the Trolls flank or surround any Angmarian Units
    -Goals: Defensive Only. Do not pursue if Trolls withdraw, but spare no troll his death

    IC: Lystro
    Location: The Gates of Foroth

    Lystro glared up at the foolish Ice Lord as he stood proud upon his walls, forgoing his generous offer.

    "Be it known that it was you that condemned your people to their upcoming fate, Nombre, son of Uombre. Your terse rejection of Angmar's most generous offer shall not go unpunished."

    The Wight turned furiously and spurred his horse away from the walled city. He had been ordered to meet with the upcoming army befo/>/>
  22. phantom_panther Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Oct 26, 2005
    star 2
    OOC: A thousand apologies, I have not been able to find the time to post or even follow this thread for about a week. I will withdraw. it has been fun but as I have said of late I have lacked the time to even read others posts.
  23. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: I'm sorry to hear that, phantom_panther.

    IC: North Downs Info

    In the North Downs, there are 250 Rangers and 250 Archers of Fornost fortified in a watchtower.

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway



    IC: Hills of Evendim Info

    The Hills of Evendim are covered by Dunedain Rangers in Annuminas. In the crumbling caslte resides 2,000 Rangers and 300 archers.

    TAG: dontlookatmethatway



    IC: Grey Mountains Info

    Deep in the midst of the Grey Mountains lies an orc encampment of 3,000 orcs. It is not known if they have harnessed a dragon.

    TAG: MASTERPRENN



    IC: Galadriel

    Seeing they were heavily outnumbered, and not wishing to upset the Ents, Galadriel whistled signaling to retreat. The Elven Army turned and with all speed fled to Lothlorien. If they could just make it back to the forest, then they would be well protected.

    TAG: Despised1



    IC: Attacking Trolls

    The trolls were slightly confused by the speed and number of the calvary waves. This lead to a couple of trolls' death. The trolls began to grab rocks, trees, and people and use them as primitive weapons. Suddenly, the Witch-King beckoned the trolls to stop fighting and flee the Ettenmoors. A few trolls conceded to his will, but most, perhaps by the influence of some dark power, or by sheer stupidity, fought on.

    Trolls Remaining: 15

    Calvary Division The Hez'rias: 95
    Infantry Division Shadow's Hand: 1000

    TAG: Imperial_Hammer

    OOC: Sorry if this post seems a little rushed. I had a much longer reply on a few TAGs, but I accidently deleted it. />/>/>/>
  24. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2004
    star 4
    ic: Raine Yubari
    The Shire

    Having marched overnight and camped just outside the Shire, the Easterling army was ready for battle. They marched over the top of a large hill and saw the army of peasents attacking Umbar's forces as they exited their boats.

    Raine rode just ahead of the forces and met her generals for a quick discussion of tactics.
    "Tell the archers to fire on the infantry, shoot at the flanks and make them group. Move 1000 troops to attack the Hobbit archers. The other 1000 i want to move down and try to surround the hobbit infantry. Get them to cluster so the archers have an easier target. I want you to break the hobbits but try not to kill all of them. Umbar will want the peasents too, not just the land." Maya said unsheaving her sword.
    "Yes Ma'am." The general replied before riding off to ready the men.
    "It's show time." Raine said quietly while turning her horse too face the infantry, she hoped the hobbits would be too preoccupied to have noticed the force although the chances were thin. If these small people had any sense they would give up when her troops marched down the hill towards them. But then they must have very small brains, she thought smirking slightly.

    TAG: Jango10, Winged_Jedi



    ***TROOP ORDERS***

    600 Archers target the flanks of the Hobbit Infantry.
    1000 Infantry march and surround Hobbit Infantry.
    1000 Infantry march and eliminate Hobbit Archers.
  25. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    Finances

    Income

    Starting Balance: 500

    Income: 0
    -Rohan (0)
    -Dunland (0)
    -Bree (0)

    Total Income: 500

    Expenses

    Catapult - 500

    Total Expenditure: 500

    End Balance: 0


    IC: Théodred
    Bree

    Théodred rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he glanced between the scout reports and the map on the table. He was sitting in his strategy room alone. The strategy room had been rented from the inn at lower than usual prices (the innkeeper?s unsuccessful attempt to haggle had been met with defenestration). A large map was spread out on the table in the center. It showed signs of heavy use. On the map at various locations were iron figures of cavalry and infantry. Beside each figure was a piece of parchment with a number scribbled on it. Currently Théodred?s attention was fixed on two areas of the map: Bree and the North Downs. The North Downs had two figures, an archer and a ranger. Both had ?250? scrawled on their slips. A model of a tower had also been placed there. The parchment next to it read, ?All troops currently fortified in tower.? The date was listed underneath the paper in case anybody wanted to know exactly how current it was. Théodred was deep in contemplation. Towers were a pain without proper equipment. Trying to storm it would cause a lot of casualties. Fortunately, Théodred had money set aside in the campaign war chest for these sorts of instances. He would purchase a catapult. Théodred knew it would be the perfect weapon for destroying the tower. He exited the room, calling for his officers and runners.

    Tag: None


    The Rohirrim

    1st Army

    Leader: Théodred

    Forces:

    1st Infantry Company (500)
    1st ? 2nd Riders of Rohan (1000)
    1st Archers (200)
    1st Artillery (1 catapult)

    Position: Bree

    Commands: Hold position... for now.
    />/>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.