main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~The Lost Chosen~ Ben Skywalker - AU - Benella - AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT! [1/19]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Characters: Ben Skywalker . . plus more but I can't give it away!
    Genre: angst / action / romance
    Notes: Disclaimer. (The OCs are mine, everything else is Lucas?s)
    Summary: (Based on some LOFT specualtion!) Ben is roughly 30 years old, he's been in exile for 15 yrs. He feels lost and had ran away from his destiny and past. This is just about one day that changes him . . for the better!

Its difficult to explain exactly, I got bored, give it a read and see what you think . .

Feel free to comment! :) Enjoy!

[b]~~The Lost Chosen~~

Part 1[/b]

Leaves flickered in the wind. The rain pounded the muddy ground. Nature everywhere, from the trees to the creatures buzzed and burned brightly in the Force. A nerve eating silence engulfed the boggy surroundings. Snakes slithered through the long grass. Winged beings croaked, as if moaning, in the sky in which they flew. But still the natural quiet remained.

Through the marshland and forest strolled a tall, cloaked figure, with nothing of possession but a name and a small bag slung over his shoulder. Soaked through to his skin, freezing and alone, Ben Skywalker continued to walk.

Droplets of cool rain trickled down his dark brown cloak, his pale stubbly cheeks, his unblinking ocean blue eyes, and rough, cut and bruised hands. Climbing over broken trees, trudging through cold knee-high water and scrambling to ascend muddy banks, Ben continued his useless journey.

Finding a suitable thick, strong tree, he climbed it to its top branches. At last he rested. On one of the broad branches he settled himself. He pulled his bag open and took out a container of water. After taking several long draws of water, he relaxed against the tree, allowing his long legs to dangle off the branch.

[i]If only my father and mother could see me now?[/i] Ben thought, sadness pulled at his heart. [i]Some Skywalker I am . .[/i] he added bitterly to himself.

Ben Skywalker, the son of two famous heroes, hated himself and everything he?d ever known. Because everything he ever had, had been taken from him. So many joys, so many happy days that could have been; had been ripped painfully from his life and soul.

The man sitting in a tree, on a deserted planet, in the pouring rain, alone . . was nothing more than a broken spirit. In his chest was a heart no longer fit for pumping blood. He felt nothing; he may as well should?ve been dead. His heart bleed for those he missed. Ben, the person, the soul, the name . . . was only a ghost.

He hadn?t spoken his own name in fifteen years, since the day everything changed.

A bitter ice wind ruffled through the trees. Ben tugged his cloak and tightened it around his body. Involuntarily he shivered against the frosty air. He bit his bluing lips and hugged his chest, holding and forcing his rigid body to stop quivering.

The heavy cooling rain continued to fall relentlessly from the sky. And as the rain fell, so did his tears.

For fifteen years Ben had said nothing, done nothing but wonder around the woods on this deserted planet and dwell on the past. One thing he did do every day . . . was weep.

Tears were shed for so many reasons. Fifteen years ago he?d lost every single thing in his life that gave him reason to breath. His parents were gone, dead. His aunt and uncle were also gone. His cousins were separated, one, Jacen, was twisted by darkness; the other, Jaina, ran to safety to start a new life for herself with her first love. The people he?d loved and cherished were gone, dead and distant.

And he, Ben, had run, like a coward, away from Jacen, away from the Jedi and away from his own destiny. Pain from grief and self hate from running had turned Ben into a broken man.

Like an empty shell Ben had ran into exile onto a forsaken planet. For almost fifteen maddening years Ben had survived in the forest, listening to nature, ignoring the darkness he felt growing in the stars above. The emptiness had ate away at him for so long, he no longer

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Cool can you PM me please

3. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006

The man sitting in a tree, on a deserted planet, in the pouring rain, alone . . was nothing more than a broken spirit. In his chest was a heart no longer fit for pumping blood. He felt nothing; he may as well should?ve been dead. His heart bleed for those he missed. Ben, the person, the soul, the name . . . was only a ghost.

Wow...me likes, me likes a lot! Very intriguing, descriptive and so bittersweet. You've hooked me.

Can't wait for more.[face_dancing]

4. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That is awesome! Please put me on your pm list!

5. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I love it....=D=

First, I'm a sucker for LOTF speculation...[face_devil]

Second,I love Ben...[face_love]

Great start, S_M and yes, definitely keep me on your PM list...

I think I know just who the girl is, by the way...;)

FL @};-

6. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

7. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Yeah Another Ben Story!!!
    PM me please.
    Very Well Written!:)

8. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

9. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    start is good =D=
    let's see where it goes!:confused:

add me to the PM update list please[face_blush]

10. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Hey, an update is here!

I hope you like it. Feel free to give me feed back.

PM List:
    G_Anakin
    Alishu06
    Flowerlady
    star_writer24
    tasujad

Enjoy!;)

[b]Part 2[/b]

Both men paled and stiffened immediately, as they recognized the sound of the buzzing lightsabers. The strangers turned to face Ben.

Droplets continuing to fall from the sky, as the three men stood staring at each, wordlessly evaluating the situation. The two obviously shaken men rested their hands over the blasters at their sides. Slowly Ben stepped forward, leaves and twigs crunched loudly beneath his feet breaking the quiet atmosphere.

?Don?t come any closer Jedi!? Ordered the bossy stranger.

Momentarily Ben paused, but with a determined glint in his eyes, he stepped again.

?I mean it! I?ll shoot!?

A shrugging Ben answered mockingly,
    ?So? Go ahead, shoot. But you?re the ones in danger here, not me . .?

Panic set in to Jeto, as his shaky hand tugged his blaster free. In his terrified state, he aimed at Ben. The end of the blaster quavered slightly as Jeto?s nerves caused his arm to lose its steadiness. Weakly the young man spoke,
    ?L-Leave! We?re just doing o-our jobs ? we want no trouble - leave us!?

Ben took a quick glance at the unconscious woman behind them. How could they do this for a living, for a job? He sensed she was innocent, she was a victim in the middle of their so called ?work?, and Ben had already decided to save her, whatever the cost. A Jedi he wasn?t any longer, but he knew what was right and wrong. And this was definitely wrong in his eyes.

He shook his head at the two kidnappers and replied simply,
    ?I can?t.?

Seconds slipped away as the three of them looked mutely at each other. Quickly fear rose within Jeto, till at last he could no longer control his trembling fingers from pulling the trigger of his blaster. A green shot of light zipped out towards Ben. Already aware in the Force and alert with sudden adrenaline, Ben instinctively deflected the shot; it flew back hitting Jeto directly between the eyes.

As the dead man stilled and fell silently to the mossy ground below, the other man pulled out his own blaster and fired relentlessly. Shot after shot was stopped by the two hissing blades Ben parried expertly with. As the fire came, Ben strode forward, repelling the blasts as he did. The other man staggered back as he shot, until his back hit a tree.

Close enough now to strike, Ben took a risk. He deflected one last shot and lashed out at the man, severing the hand from the kidnaper?s very arm. With a light thud the dissected hand and blaster fell to the ground. A yell of immense pain erupted from the stranger, who fell to his knees staring in shock at his scorched handless-wrist.

Before the man could scramble to reach his blaster again, Ben kicked it away.

[i]?Y-YOU CUT OFF MY HAND! YOU KRIFFING SITHIN? SON OF A -?[/i]

Ben lifted the tip of his green lightsaber up, to just under the man?s chin.
    ?Would you rather it was your head?? He asked threateningly.

Instantly the kidnapper fell quiet.

?Now, I?m gonna ask some questions and you?re gonna answer, otherwise more limbs are going to be lost.? Ben narrowed his gaze; he couldn?t help glaring as he asked, ?Who put you up to this??

There was no reply.

Impatience swelled up in Ben, he stepped closer and demanded furiously,
    ?Who set this up?! This kidnapping?! WHO?!?

The scared man stammered,
    ?M-My master, Krayt.?

An overwhelming numbness abruptly infected Ben?s soul. Suddenly he felt sick. Visibly he paled to be as white as a ghost. He hadn?t heard that name for more than a decade. In horror Ben stared wide-eyed at the man.

?[i]Krayt?![/i]? Ben repeated in disbelief.

A boiling rage stemmed from heartbroken grief, fumed within Ben. Mutely he stood, contemplating the name he?d just spoken. The name which had caused all his sorrow, all his hurt, and all his emptiness. A name that represented a man, a cousin, and a mentor he should h

12. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Wow this looks really good! Happy to read it!

13. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    WOW!
    This is awesome. You are doing a really great job.
    Up Up Up Please![face_praying]

14. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I knew that it was Jys....;)

Wow!!! that was wonderful, I feel so bad for Ben. But I love what you are doing to his character. =D=

Can't wait for more... and to see what happens between them. [face_love]

FL @};-

15. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    I want more!!!!!!!!!!!! This was amazing!!!!

16. tasujad

Jun 16, 2005
    Broken, but not beyond repair . . . Jysella thought determinedly.

Like Mara was when she met Luke :)

Nice update=D=

17. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

18. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Here is part 3! I hope you enjoy!

[b]Part 3[/b]

Staring at his back, Jysella swallowed back her own feelings. Gradually the sting of shock wore off. The quiet continued. Still the rainfall sounded as it pounded the mud outside the cave. And a bitter freezing wind howled through the dripping damp trees. In a way the weather represented Ben?s hardened soul, it was cold, dark and cheerless. The changes within him were obvious, and it hurt Jysella to realise. Sorrow swelled up within her too, it originated from the loss of a friend, or rather a friend?s soul.

Unshed tears lingered in her hazily green eyes, as Jysella whispered brokenheartedly,
    ?I thought you were dead . . .?

Rigidly Ben shrugged, answering plainly,
    ?In a way . . I guess I am.?

?Don?t say that!?

Surprised by the strength in her voice, he glanced at her with his lifeless eyes.

?Don?t say that.? She repeated more quietly.

Again the pair endured another silence, as they just gazed at each other, both faces were unreadable. Jysella couldn?t believe what he?d just said. He couldn?t have fallen so hard and so deep into despair could he? But then again, looking at his saddened eyes she remembered how much he?d lost.

This time it was he, who broke the noiselessness,
    ?How are you feeling? Better??

Actually now Jysella thought about it, she did feel somewhat better, less weak and bruised than she last remembered being awake. In response she merely nodded, unsure of where she stood with him. She sensed no evil or ill-intentions from him. As she looked at him, all she saw was the empty shell of a man, a ghost of a spirit she?d once known well.

Ben turned to her and explained,
    ?I put you into a healing trance, I hope it helped.?
    ?It did.?
    ?Good.? He stared at her a second longer, then moved forward to sit down on the opposite side of the fire, facing her.

Glowing light from the flames spread across his pale face, enhancing his features. She saw the bags under his eyes and the aging scar on his forehead. He looked wore, stretched too thin, but not quite at breaking point.

Not able to stand the quiet much longer, Jysella asked gently,
    ?You?ve been here . . all this time we?ve been searching, you?ve been here for fifteen years??

Mutely Ben nodded, not making eye contact as he did.

?I ? we all thought you -? Ben lifted his gaze and interrupted,
    ?I know what you thought, because I planted that thought.?

Hurt that he would do such a thing, Jysella questioned with tears in her eyes,
    ?You made me think you were dead?!? he nodded and she persisted, her tone was pained as she asked, ?W-Why? . . After everything we had been through ? why??

After suffering for years focused on his own pain, it was suddenly very strange to feel someone else?s. Quickly Ben covered his feelings and answered bluntly,
    ?So you wouldn?t follow me. Or find me.?

Strangely it was Jysella who broke eye contact this time. Her eyes grew glazy with tears as she stared into the crackling fire. Brokenly she whispered,
    ?I searched for you for so long . .? a small tear ran down her cheek as she added, ?it was maddening . . .?

Ben felt for her. He did regret how he left everyone. At seventeen, consumed by grief Ben had dropped everything, job, friends, home, and left without any goodbyes.

Leaving to live away hadn?t really been a choice.

The thing was he?d had no intention of living . . .

He had deliberatively tried to crash his ship here. At being barely an adult himself, Ben had been intoxicated by soul-shattering-sorrow when he?d flown past the planet. In an attempt to join his lost parents he?d tried to smash the ship into the forest covered world. However it was never meant to be.

By all odds Ben should have died that day fifteen years ago.

The vessel had somehow almost tried to pull up near the last few minutes away from impact. Ben tried to dive the ship straight back down vertically, but instead it had scraped across and through the trees at a horizontal angle. Battered, c

19. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    Very Good!
    I can't wait to see more!;)

20. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    oh wow! That was crazy.

You know the more I read of Jacen and the Legacy books, the more I'm sure I'm not going to like how they turn out.

I hope that Jysella can get Ben to ddo what he was meant to do!

21. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
  22. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh, that was wonderful....=D=

Ben seems so griefstricken...I hope Jys can save him...

Can't wait for more...Great job as always!!!;)

[:D]

FL @};-

23. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    oh, wow, this is very good. I love that Ben just eases back into using the Force & lightsabers. And how Jysella is persuading him to go back.

This is incredible. Could you put me on the PM list as well?

24. tasujad

Jun 16, 2005
    To Ben - Truth hurts and sucks? [face_beatup]

Well nothing to do than accept that and live on :oops:

25. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.