main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~The Lost Chosen~ Ben Skywalker - AU - Benella - AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT! [1/19]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voxynking

voxynking Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Poor Ben. So much that we don't know yet about his past. Can't wait for the next update. I'd love to be added onto the PM list.

2. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    More coming soon . . .

3. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    An update is here!

PM List (10/18):
    G_Anakin
    Alishu06
    Flowerlady
    star_writer24
    tasujad
    SWpants666
    voxynking

Here's part 4! We're half way through, with another 4 posts to go!
    I hope you enjoy!
    :)

[b]Part 4[/b]

Conversation was of little content as the hours passed. Jysella?s powerful words continued to buzz inside Ben?s head, as they both sat staring into the fire that lied between them. He honestly didn?t know how to retort to her questions. Misery was so normal in his life now. It was difficult to think of a happy future. Everything seemed so dark and pointless where he stood. But fate had thrown him an old friend. A friend who wanted to help him. But Ben was finding it hard to see the light. Darkness was all he knew, he was blinded by it.

Now though, deep in the blackness of his mind there was a distant light. The tiny flame was flickering, barely burning, but it was there, ready and waiting to erupt into a flash of brilliant brightness. And that light was Jysella . . .

How their paths had crossed, he didn?t know or understand how it was possible. But in his gut he knew it wasn?t pure coincidence. Fate and the Force were working together on this situation. The two forces were trying to bring him back to the destiny he?d left and forsaken.

Ben, however, wasn?t going to be swayed easily. He never liked the concept of fate and destiny, because he didn?t like the responsibility or heartaches that came with it. Destiny though is not easy to run away from, as he was soon realising.

At last he spoke, trying to take his mind off his disturbing thoughts, as he asked,
    ?Its been fifteen years . . did you marry??

Jysella was taken back by his question. It took a moment to gather her answer together. With sad-filled eyes she replied,
    ?I did. He was a pilot, a smuggler to be more specific. Kriz . . .? she spoke the word softly as if caressing each letter with her voice, ?his name was Kriz.?

The subtle hurt glistening in her jade coloured eyes spurred Ben to query quietly,
    ?What happened??

?We ? I . . h-he . . .? For a long while her words were lost in the back of her throat. After taking a long shaky breath Jysella started again, ?Kriz was half Corellian but he joined the GA. Ten years ago, he was shot down in action.? She looked up at Ben and finished truthfully, ?There was no one else . . .?

?I?m sorry.? Was all Ben could say. He honestly felt sorry though. To be made a widow at only twenty-five must have been awfully heartbreaking for her. How could anyone continue and live on after experiencing such grief? Yet both of them had done so. They?d lost many loved ones, only to survive alone and scarred.

He was about to ask another question when Jysella thought out loud. Her words were gentle as she spoke,
    ?You know . . I think grief is the hardest emotion, because when it strikes it intoxicates you on a level you can?t overcome alone.? She gazed at him thoughtfully, ?You?ve spent so much time alone . . doesn?t it ache within you? Don?t you die a little each day? How can you bare it??

Again she asked more questions than he could answer. So instead he stared back into the flames, registering her words but not retorting to them. For a long time there was quiet. Nothing but the crackle of the fire sounded in the dreary cave.

?So alone . .? Ben looked up at her as those whispery words escaped her lips, ?Ben Skywalker, the boy of heroes and the son of legend . . . you?re so very alone.? She sensed his emotions bubbling under the surface, and try as he might he couldn?t hide them from her.

?It ? I . .? Ben cleared his throat and started over, ?Being alone is a gift as much as it is a curse. By being in such solitude nothing and no one can harm me. I have no attachments here . . therefore I?m free of love, and the loss that is inextricably bound to it . . .?

A deep honest sympathy glowed in Jysella?s gorgeous green eyes as she stared at him. With an emotional voice she retorted,
    ?I?ve loved and lost .

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was so wonderfully written...=D=

I loved how Jys helped Ben begin to heal...I really love this story...

?Won?t you ever let go?? She asked gently, ?Not everything is darkness. Love has its pains, but most of all we should remember it for all the joys it brought us. Lonely Skywalker . . . do you remember your father?s smile? Your mother?s beautiful face? Don?t you remember the jokes and laughs and merriment we shared? . . I do. And despite the losses we?ve had to endure, I thank the Force everyday I was blessed enough to experience such happiness. Don?t you see, Ben . . wherever there is shadow, there is always light to be found, no matter how dark . . .?

Oh that was brilliant...=D=

And I can't wait for more...
    [:D]

FL @};-

5. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  6. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I love how Jysella was able to help him heal. :)

I'm glad he's finally starting to feel better about life

7. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was a great chapter, I'm glad that Ben was able to be calmed down and that he will go back with Jys. :)

8. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    What a beautiful story about the struggle to heal! =D= Jysella seems tailor-made to rebuild Ben. [face_love] The last chapter in particular was excellent.

So many tragedies . . . I can understand Ben's need to be alone, but it's about time he returned. The Jedi seem to need him really bad.

PM list, please. [face_praying]

9. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    /imperial march/
    and the fallen shall return only to be stronger at the last moment to tip the scales [face_peace]

you can make this story length of the Epic without sweat, it has so much good material

=D==D=

10. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
  11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

12. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Hey, sorry for delay! RL is kinda getting ontop of me! But here's your update! I hope you enjoy!!!:)

PM List (10/31):
    G__Anakin
    Alishu06
    Flowerlady
    star_writer24
    tasujad
    SWpants666
    voxynking
    rebel_cheese

Enjoy!
    [face_peace]

[b]Part 5[/b]

A weary sun tried in vain to break through the dark rain clouds that hovered in the sky like unhappy shadows. Morning had arrived, but unless you knew the bleak planet well, like Ben, you?d still feel it was night time. Drizzle still continued to descend from the heavens above. Light winds ruffled the leaves in the trees. And patches of puddles covered the dark earth below. Everywhere was quiet.

Alone, cross-legged, floating in the air, sat Ben.

In concentration Ben hovered in meditation. He felt through the Force, deepening his connection with it. Warmth from the life around him, in the animals and plants, seeped into his soul, refreshing his senses. Meditation was one of the only moments he felt truly at peace. Being so fully submerged in the Force helped him to forget his emotional scars and pains.

A rare glimpse of light broke through the clouds. Heat from the sun graced across his face for several long seconds. He savoured the warmness, and smiled a little to himself, feeling better than he had in years.

Last night, his fifteen years of solitude had abruptly come to an end. Long hours had been spent talking. Jysella was just as he recalled from his memories; beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, understanding and so much more. She?d spoke of family and friends, and explained how some things had changed in his absence. Some things had been added to Jysella?s character, Ben noticed she was far more insightful, wiser and sometimes he saw flashes of the sorrowful woman inside; that she tried desperately to keep hidden.

Before Ben had left the Jedi, he and Jysella had been good friends. They were never very close, but they were always watching out for each other. He remembered cheering her up when she was down. And he also recalled her funny jokes she had used to try and make him smile.

Last night had felt great to sit and chat with Jysella again. At first he?d been resistant to her, but that was over, he wasn?t refusing her help any longer.

With a long content sigh, Ben lowered himself back to the ground. He walked back a few metres to the cave?s entrance. For a while he stood gazing thoughtfully at her slumbering form. His mind began to tick away with ideas buzzing in his head. Then finally his mind was made up.

Unaware of Ben?s thought?s Jysella slept on deeply . . .

~*~

Roughly five hours later, Jysella stirred . .

Haziness clouded her sight for several moments. As she stared into nowhere in particular, her other senses began to wake up. It was then she realised she wasn?t on the ground. But instead was wrapped in Ben?s cloak and cradled in his strong arms like a child, as he walked cautiously through the forest. Barely awake, Jysella couldn?t bring herself to speak. Weak and tired, she relaxed further into his arms, closing her eyes as her head rested on his shoulder.

One cold bead of rain found its way onto her right cheek; it trailed slowly down her face.
    ?Doesn?t it ever stop raining here?? She murmured into Ben?s chest.

For once there was a hint of amusement in Ben?s tone as he answered,
    ?Not really, Jys.?

Her eyes fluttered open to gaze up at Ben?s face.

His intense blue eyes stared on ahead as he walked, not making contact with hers. Jysella was content to study his features. Thin beard-growth covered his jawline and cheeks. Fiery blond locks of hair kept curling around his eyes, framing them beautifully. Now that she looked more closely she discovered a freckle under one of his eyes and a long scar upon his forehead. Many would say he looked a mess, but Jysella disagreed. Ben was handsome in his own striking way, despite the dirt and scars. He was the perfect combination of his father and mother. He?d matured greatly from the seve

13. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh that was wonderful...=D=

I love to see the change in Ben as he realizes that he is needed by someone else.

His caring for Jysella is so sweet...[face_love]

I can't wait for the next part...[:D]

FL @};-

14. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Great job~[face_peace]
    Loved the story...not so sure about the snake steak though. [face_sick]

15. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    that was a wonderful update :) I loved that Ben is starting to smile...great job!

16. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Loved that Jys is starting to get through to Ben and is making him smile :)

I'm glad that Ben is watching out for Jys as she tries to look out for him as well

It's so great, I love the two of them together

17. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  18. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    This story is brilliant, I love the way you describe Ben and the way that he and Jysella interact.

Can I please be on the PM list? [face_praying]

19. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

20. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Yay an update! :) Hope ya like it!

Feel free to comment!

[b]Part 6[/b]

Muffled curses mixed with exclaims of ?Ouch!? and ?Stupid-bloody-machines . .? stirred Jysella from her sleep. With closed eyes, she lied motionless, taking in the sounds around her. A tired engine could be heard whining loudly. And over the machine?s moans, she could hear Ben muttering insults towards the hyperdrive.

After many moments of just dozing, Jysella finally opened her eyes to find herself lying on a bunk, in a little room on board the EXTOR XI. Frowning, she gazed around herself. She was certain this piece of junk had been under water the last time she remembered anything.

To the side, through the open door of the small room, came a frustrated yell from Ben, and a clash and clang of metal.

?Kriffin rust bucket!!! Trash compactor crap! Work!? Jysella?s lips twitched into a smile as she heard him curse.

Carefully she pushed herself up into a sitting position and was relieved to feel no stab of pain, but a small tinge of soreness. Breathing seemed less constricted and her tiredness appeared to have vanished along with her dreams. She didn?t like to admit it but Ben had been right about rest, the healing trance had done wonders.

However she still felt a little exhausted from her recovery. Jysella tugged at her covers and rose slowly from the bed. She made sure she had her balance before setting off out the room and down the corridor in search of her cursing friend. A bit of weariness began to grow from her fatigued legs. But she continued on stubbornly.

It wasn?t long before she found him. His big bare feet stuck out from under a console he was working under. Jysella heard him continuing to mutter to himself, thinking out loud, not realising her presence was literally a few feet away.

?Talking to yourself isn?t considered healthy you know.? Jysella broke into his ramblings.

Not expecting her at all, Ben jumped out of his skin and hit his head on the console?s top. Clutching his injured skull, Ben crawled out from under the console. On his back, he lied looking up at her.
    ?Force you scared me, Jys.?

Jysella smirked,
    ?It?s good to know I?ve not lost my edge.?

Ben removed his hand and Jysella was first to spot the fresh blood on his forehead and fingertips. Quickly she helped him up, hoping that he wasn?t concussed.
    ?I?m sorry I didn?t -?
    ?It?s fine Jys,? Ben interrupted, ?not your fault, don?t worry.?

They walked back to the small room she?d come from, which was the only sleeping quarters on the vessel as far as she knew. Strolling around drained Jysella, showing that she still had far to go in terms of healing properly, but she didn?t mention anything to Ben.

From under the bunk she?d been resting on earlier, Ben pulled a medic pack out. He rummaged through its contents, and found an adequately small bacta patch. Sitting down on the bed, Ben then handed Jysella the patch. Without the need for words both of them knew what was happening, it seemed strange and familiar all at once to know each other so well.

Jysella gently placed the patch over a large scratch on Ben?s forehead. A little hiss escaped Ben as she made sure it was on secure.
    ?Sorry.? Was all she could muster to say. A warm smile crossed his face as he stared up at her and answered jokingly,
    ?We?ve only been reunited a few days and you?re already beating me up.?

Jysella tried to smile, but was overwhelmed by a strong sense of dizziness coming over her, stemmed from her sudden tiredness. Attentive Ben saw her waver a little on her feet, and instantly stood up to support her by placing his hands on her hips. Keeping her steady Ben gazed into her eyes and said quietly,
    ?I told you not to strain yourself. You shouldn?t have got up.?
    ?Thanks for your opinion Doctor Skywalker.? She jested weakly. But Ben didn?t crack a smile.

Instead he moved one of his hands to press lightly against her abdomen. His brow creased as he stretched out his feelings and scanned her in the

21. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    poor Ben, he keeps on getting beat up!

I love how they both know that he's destined for something great :)

22. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    I want to be tickled and ticle Ben :) I loved this chapter!!!!! More please really soon!!!!

23. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    That was great...

Emmm...a shirtless Ben...No wonder Jys couldn't keep her hands off him....[face_love]

I loved that chapter too....=D=

FL @};-

24. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

25. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I just found this story and must say WHOA I'm impressed =D=!!

I'm not much of a Beyond the Saga fan but this story has caught my attention and was wonder could you please add me to your PM list [face_praying]??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.