main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~The Lost Chosen~ Ben Skywalker - AU - Benella - AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT! [1/19]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005

2. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Update is here! Part 7! Hope like it . .

Enjoy!:cool:

[b]Part 7

14 hours later, on Ossus . . .[/b]

It was just past midnight when Corran woke. Slowly he sat up in bed, careful not to disturb his wife. Something was off. Lazily he ran a hand over his face as he tried to push his weariness away. There was something in the Force, calling to him. It was faint, but it was growing. Like a distant blurred memory inkling in the back of his mind, it buzzed louder trying to get his attention, gradually it woke him completely.

Frowning to himself, Corran unconsciously muttered,
    ?Odd . . very odd.?

He rose from bed and tugged on a robe. As he wandered into the main sitting room he began to concentrate on the strange occurrence he could feel shifting in the Force. Lately the only thing he could sense growing to powerful levels was the darkness the war had left behind. Krayt?s darkness. Fear, pain and hate had been increasing as the days, weeks, months, and years past since the war. This new feeling or energy however was different.

A deep sense of hope was filling Corran, from his feet to his heart. Yet still he found it difficult to pin point the source, the reason he?d woke up . . .

A light was spreading, it was weak and dim, but it was there, starting to bring the galaxy into balance. The storm that had been raging violently in the Force, for fifteen years now, was starting to die away. Corran stepped deeper into his reading of the Force and discovered more there than he?d expected. For a moment he sat down on the couch trying to understand all he was taking in.

The light was growing stronger by strength, depth and meaning. Friendship, bound with trust, faith and something far deeper accompanied the brightness stretching out to him. Like an expressive poem or a moving painting it spoke in ways words never could.

Then Corran suddenly understood . . .

The light, the balance, the hope, everything that had woken him, was from his vision. Except this vision was in motion. It was actually happening as he sat down on his sofa. Something had been restored, healed it seemed. And the future was starting to tumble out of control and race towards its final destiny.

Warm familiar presences suddenly flooded over him, like mist over land and water over sand. They were back . . .

Relief greater than anything he?d ever known burned fervently within him. Not waiting for another breathe he raced to get changed, woke his wife telling her to do the same. Once ready, together they ran out of their apartment. With Mirax moaning in confusion about her husband?s odd behaviour.

~

Corran and a not-so-happy Mirax skidded to a halt in one of the hangar bays in the Ossus Jedi Praxeum.

?What in the stars has got into you Corran?!? Mirax tried to yell and yawn at once. He flashed her a brilliant smile and answered,
    ?Hope, dear, just hope.?

As those four words left his mouth a crippled, dented, barely-flyable ship, with a scratched title on the side that read EXTOR XI, slowly drifted into the hangar. Its engines droned loudly, almost screeching, as if it was about to give up any second soon. The vessel hovered unevenly as it prepared to dock and land. With a metallic clanging thud, the poor ship settled itself on the cold concrete hangar floor. Gradually the moan of the engines died away.

?What the hell . .? Was all Mirax could say at the scene before her.

Hissing electrics broke the quiet as the ships entrance ramp opened and lowered. Strolling down the ramp came the two people Corran had been expecting. His daughter, who?d been missing for a week, wearily walked out of the ship. She was hurt badly, needing medical attention. But just seeing her alive made Corran?s soul suddenly drown in happiness. Jysella was pale, obviously weak and sore, but she was a Horn, she would be alright. Corran had to smile at that. The numbingly sad thought of losing her lifted swiftly, as Corran and his wife?s hearts began to pound hard with overwhelming relief.

Be

3. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    boy oh boy what Mirax and Corran gonna say to that[face_thinking]

girl comes home and then goes to sleep in a strange man couch with a strange man[face_skull]

4. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    I loved it!
    More soon please!!!

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    haha, I bet when Mirax first saw him, she was thinking "who the hell is this boy and what is he doing with my daughter?"!!! hahaha.

So glad Corran was able to feel them come close. I love how he sees Ben as a new light beginning to shine brightly :)

Ben's vision/dream is pretty frightening *shivers*

let's just hope the Horns don't walk in on Jysella & Ben!

6. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    i dont think C/M will react, look at how Booster hated the thought of them together.
    but YYYAAAYYYY Benella mush

7. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great Chapter

8. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was a beautiful chapter. I loved the ending, it was just perfect...ah and the some of those glimpses we had of what is yet to come, very interesting...can't wait for more!

9. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Beautiful as always. =D= The ending was especially sweet, reminds me a bit of Luke and Mara just falling into bed in exhaustion . . .

I liked the glimpses into the future (except the dark ones of course! :p) Can't wait to see what they mean.

I don't think Corran will mind too much but Mirax . . . is probably going to be vexed just a tiny bit. [face_worried] But of course I might have it all wrong . . .

Good update. :)

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Fantastic fic! I just foudn this in the Benella index and this is fantastic! I gotta ask though, why is Jysella still described as young? Wouldn't she be in her thirties by now? Also, is Allana still alive? I'd like to see her pop in and it doesn't matter if she's Krayt's cohort.

EDIT: PM me please

11. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    OMG that was excellent first off =D=!!

I loved how Ben got used to civilization again and it must be hard since he lived in isolation for so long but don't worry Jysella will help you!!

12. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh wow...that was wonderful, S_M....I loved it...=D=

I felt so sorry for Ben... to lose everything and to be back but yet it would never be the same....:(

And the B/J ending was absolutely beautiful...I loved it...[face_love]

Yep, do wonder how C/M will react...should be interesting...but I think it will be favorable....

More soon...
    [:D]

FL @};-

13. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

14. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Here is the final post on this story! There will be a longer sequel if anyone is interested!

Its long, and teasers are at the end! I hope you enjoy! :)
    Comments wanted as always!

Enjoy!

[b]Part 8[/b]

After the most peaceful slumber he?d had in years, Ben gradually dragged his mind from his dreams. For a moment he lied on his back, breathing softly with his eyes still shut. He enjoyed the quiet and the warmth of the atmosphere around him. Full consciousness slowly began to creep into his system, things started to become clearer and more real.

On his chest rested a comforting body, which quickly reminded him of the memory of last night. A lazy smile drew itself upon Ben?s lips. He opened his eyes and drank in the sight he held warmly in his arms. Jysella?s dark curls fanned out over his torso, she snuggled closely against him and continued to dream tranquilly. Ben basked in her heart-warming presence and sighed in content. She looked so innocent, so pure and so gorgeous it made Ben?s heart almost stop.

As he lied there with a beauty for a woman in his grasp, Ben realised something very swiftly. An emotion he?d thought he?d lost long ago came screaming back to the surface. At first Ben tried to be reasonable with himself, but several moments later he accepted it. The truth . . . and the rightness of it lying directly in his arms.

He gazed down upon her once more and gently brushed away a few strands of hair away from her eyes. Obliviously she continued to sleep whilst Ben just stared at her, mesmerised by her and the feelings she was evoking in him. Like a vast ocean his feelings ran deep, lighting the darkness within him and touching cords he?d once thought were dead. Nothing and no one had had this effect on him before, it was like being reborn and refreshed in a way only a soul could be.

A few knocks at the main door abruptly interrupted Ben?s peace . . .

Ben didn?t move. He stayed still and continued to gaze at the slumbering woman in his embrace. But the knocks came again. And unfortunately for him they continued to shatter the serene moment he was enjoying. Careful not to stir Jysella, Ben reluctantly got up from the couch. Before answering the door Ben hesitated and reached out with the Force to search for the presence on the other side.

Quietly Ben muttered to himself,
    ?Perfect timing. This?ll be interesting.?

With both apprehension and amusement in mind Ben answered the door to find a bright looking Corran in the hallway. A calm expression was on the older man?s face as he nodded in greeting,
    ?Mornin? Skywalker,? Corran glanced over the younger man?s shoulders and detected his daughter?s presence in the living room. Corran frowned a bit at Ben?s bare chest and again flicked a glimpse into the sitting room beyond. Seeing Jysella sprawled out on the sofa caused the Jedi Master to question Skywalker with a suspicious tone, ?Sleep well??

Not in the slightest unnerved by Horn?s obvious suspicions, Ben replied,
    ?Very well thanks.?

Corran couldn?t help but give the younger man a disapproving look. At this Ben chuckled softly and answered the Master?s unvoiced question,
    ?Nothing happened between me and Jys. We stayed up talking last night and fell asleep together in the early hours.? Skywalker grinned and commented, ?Kriff, I?ve barely been back a day and you?re already preparing to kill me.?

A smirking Corran laughed and answered,
    ?Sorry, I guess it?s just an old habit of mine. She?s very precious to me. I like to know she?s being treated well, with respected, especially after everything she?s gone through. Jys needs more kindness and happiness in her life again.?

Ben said sincerely,
    ?I?ll see to it that she?s treated like the goddess she embodies, and nothing less.?

Corran couldn?t help but stare at the young fellow for a few moments. There had been something in Ben?s words and honest tone that gave Corran an insight into something deeper that was lurking just below the surface. Something had sparked betwee

15. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    so excited for the sequel!! Could you PM me when you put it up?

Loved the talk with Corran. I thought it was so cute that he jumped to conclusions. lol. she IS his daughter after all :)

mmmm yay mush! very awesome. that was a great end to this part of the story :)

So very happy Ben chose to fight Krayt. I pretty much figured he would, but it was still great to read.

16. voxynking

voxynking Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Haven't had a chance to read the new post but it looks great. I'd love a PM for then sequel. Thanks.

17. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    MORE MORE MORE
    MORE MORE MORE
    MORE MORE MORE
    MORE MORE MORE
    MORE MORE MORE
    MORE MORE MORE
    MORE MORE MORE
    MORE MORE MORE
    i want sequeal NOOWWW

18. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Evil teasers. Joy. :p

I loved the ending, with Ben and Jysella forming their mental union . . . up until I found out that they just set an evil destiny in motion. :eek: The Skywalkers can't catch a break, can they?

Corran apprenticing Ben? Believe it or not I think that's what should happen in canon.

Loved the fic! PM with the sequel, please. :D

19. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    taht was a great story there Sith_Mayo! I can't wait for the sequel!

20. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    A sequel? Awesome!

21. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Very Cool!!!

22. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    wow that was great!!!!! I want to be on your sequel pm list!

23. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was beautiful, SM...I loved it. =D=

Corran apprenticing Ben? Believe it or not I think that's what should happen in canon.
    I agree with RC..I to think Corran would make a very good Master to Ben. [face_thinking]

The B/J moment at the end was beautiful. [face_love]

Oh and the sequel looks cool, even scarry even...I can't wait...PM me when it's up please....[face_batting]

Great story!!!! [:D]

FL @};-

24. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

25. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Yo! :cool:

The sequel to this . .

is now up if you're interested, link below:

~ In the Hands of the Devil ~

Teasers from 1st chapter below . . .

~"~

"A legacy is in the making . . .

Forged of two powerful bloodlines, stronger than any of its predecessors, burning with supreme command over the Force itself . . . a prodigy is about to rise. All will bow and obey, because this prodigy will rule all!

At last . . . the time for games is over . .

The future has begun . . . ."

- Krayt

~"~

At seventeen he?d seen his own parents fall and die at the hands of Krayt. Ben had taken their fallen lightsabers, his father?s green and his mother?s blue. But he?d never used them until seven years ago, when he?d first re-encountered Jysella. Now being a full Jedi at last, Ben had combined his mother and father?s weapons, welding them and designing them together creating a double bladed lightsaber, which had one blue blade and another as green. The double bladed lightsaber, a combination of his parents, was a tribute and reminder of Luke and Mara Skywalker, heroes through and beyond the very end . . .

~"~

?You?re very good at making yourself a nuisance Skywalker!? Vycer spat out the name like it was a disease.

Despite the situation, Ben smiled broadly, and retorted,
    ?It?s just one of my many talents.?

Vycer laughed but it held no humour. Slowly he began to pace around Skywalker in a circle, like a predator readying himself to strike at his prey. Once again Ben gripped his lightsaber, but he did not ignite it, not yet.

?You?re so full of yourself! I thought Jedi weren?t meant to be arrogant.? Commented the circling Sith.

Shrugging nonchalantly, Ben replied,
    ?I think you?ll find I?m not like other Jedi.?

~"~

Before Vycer could blink Ben moved, and snapped his blue blade up swiftly. Vycer barely managed to catch the up swinging blade moments before it could hit his jaw. He pushed the blue blade aside only to have the other green blade flying at his forehead. Vycer ducked then flipped backwards, landing on his feet a few metres away.

Raw rage was coming off Skywalker in hot waves as warm as Tatooine?s twin suns. During the pause in their duel Vycer tutted, wagging a finger at Ben as he teased,
    ?Bad Jedi, anger isn?t the Jedi way.?

Wrathfully Ben retorted,
    ?Fine! You be the Jedi! I?ll be the Sith!?

~"~

Tauntingly Vycer spoke,
    ?Come on we both know who?s the true Sith here . . ."

~"~

[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.