main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The lost civilazations of the EU.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    As with the chiss, we can see that so many species and early explorers may be lost somewhere in Wild space or the UR. I was just wondering if maybe someone could brefly describe the two extict civ. on corascant? Also I would like anyone with inffo on any refrences to this matter to post it here for everyone.

2. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Go to the Official Site Databank, Look up Coruscant and click on the tab that says The Expaned Universe.

Vey intresting it is.

3. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    The Corellian star system is artificially created by an unknown race (possibly the Columi?) using planetary repulsors. A humanoid race slowly evolves there over the next two million years. The repulsors are buried underground on each of the Corellian worlds, with the only external relic being the floating space station the Corellians later dub "Centerpoint." One prominent theory is that the original creators of Centerpoint Station constructed it when their own star had begun to go supernova. Once they arrived at the star Corell, they moved planets into orbit to give themselves a new place to live. Each planet?s repulsor would have helped the tractor ? repulsor to organise the planets into orbits.

Conjecture from ?SW RPG Cracken?s Threat Dossier.? [page 124]

The unknown race who creates the Corellian system, may have also been responsible for the unlikely cluster of black holes near Kessel known as the Maw.

?SW: The Essential Chronology?.

This info is on the Columbi

The height of the Gree civilization. An alien race, the Gree resemble large, six-tentacled cephalopods. They are covered with gray skin which is often tattooed, especially around their large, bulbous heads. The brain case of the Gree hangs in a sac-like appendage from the back of their head, and seems to draw their huge foreheads even longer. They have no mouth, per se, but instead there is a series of fleshy folds beneath their eyes that serves as a vocal communication method. The foremost pair of tentacles are used for manipulation of objects, while the middle pair is used for heavy work. The rear pair is used for locomotion, and they appear to be shambling mounds of flesh when they move. The Gree civilizatizon is immensely old (it is rumored to be hundreds of thousands of years old and was well past its prime when the worlds were discovered by the Old Republic). They have a technology which is vastly alien to that of the rest of the galaxy, and has its roots in music and the Gree physiology. They developed the knowledge of quanta - technology and dimensional engineering (which defied future Imperial scientists). Their views of technology are biased, and the Gree find little use for droids and computers, which they consider unimportant. The Gree however, were undone by their technology, falling victim to the ability to use it rather than improve on it. The discovery of life - extending technology further accelerated their decline, until they no longer knew or cared about their own devices. The technology collapsed when none of the Gree could maintain it, and the Gree isolated themselves from the galaxy. Little is known about their life cycle and customs, although it was discovered that their number system is based on the number 14 - the number of suction cups on each tentacle. They guard the Gree Enclave jealously, and any ship passing through it often disappears.
    ?SW Adventure Journal #8.?

this is on the gree. I think its Vuffi Ruff's species.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Vuffi Ra, is a living/mechanical construct, and doesn't have skin, and has 5 tentacles around a 5 sided central body.

He is most definatly not a gree.

5. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Chissdude's been hanging around TimeTales too much. He's dug up every hanging plot line from every marvel comic. Whats next? The genealogy of the Towani Family?

6. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    At least i dont sound stupid.

i guess here when i thank Michal Potts.

7. loontexas

loontexas Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2001

humans didnt EVOVLE in the correllian system chissdude, it says in the correllian trilogy that they, like the selonians and the other corellian peoples, where 'brought' there some time before humans were largely space faring, but after the creation of the earlist traces of the old republic.

if you remember, a few other books hinted at similiar 'movements' of sentient or pre-sentient popular beings in the GFFA. in darksaber, the hutts said that their planet, nar shadaa, was originally inhabited by another sentient race that they displaced and eventually wiped out.

8. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    I got the impression that all the selonians, drall (sp?) and humans just came upon the corellian system millenia after its creators had vanished.

9. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    i never said the corrilians evolved on corillia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.