main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Lost Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thrawn McEwok, May 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Okay - this may have been discussed before... can we fit this into continuity? ?[face_plain] :eek: :D

I guess so... :cool: [face_mischief] :p

Ben Skywalker's hair is the red side of blond, his eyes the green side of grey... I guess we could say that he's in disguise, too...

The lightsaber's wanderings on Tatooine don't take us any further than Fett's first brief escape from the Saarlac in the old Marvel series... all we have to do is assume that the Emperor had dispatched a team to recover the 'saber and had it sent to Mount Tantiss... and that it ended up on Tatooine again at some later point...

I don't recall seeing it in Mara's hands between VotF and TUF, so it's possible that it was lost after VotF, recovered on Tatooine by the future Dark Jedi and his Master, passed back to Mara during the NJO, and then stolen again by the Dark Jedi... or alternatively, the whole thing could be post-NJO...

But who's the Dark Jedi? Is that Luke we see him with in the bottom left-hand frame? Compare the kid's profile with Luke at the bottom of the page? And who are his other masters? Any thoughts...?

:p ;) :D

In other thoughts - "Collapsing New Empires" answered a complaint I made on the boards a while back that we don't see enough high culture in the GFFA... and anyone else catch the heavy influence of Zulu in "To the Last Man"?

Not complaining, though... :D

[starts singing "Men of Harlech", somewhat loudly and out of key]

- The Imperial Ewok

2. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    "The Lost Lightsaber"? This a Tales comic? That's all I can come up with...

-Paul

3. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Yea its from latest Star Wars Tales, which has some pretty cool ones about Han Solo in there too.

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    SW Tales = Infinities != canon

Until issue #20 or 21 (I forget which one)

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    SW Tales = Infinities != canon

Correct.

There is an old Adventure Journals short story (by Zahn I think) where Vader recovers the lightsaber and Luke?s hand, and takes them to the Emperor. I think it?s called ?The Emperor?s Prize? but it?s been years since I came across it. As that story is not Infinities, it means that the Tales story is one of those Infinities stories that simply cannot fit into canon in any way.

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I saw that mentioned in TimeTales.

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Raven: 'K, thanks... aye, I know that Tales are Infinities... I was just trying to make it work for fun - and in case it ended up in a tpb... now, though...

Um... :p

- The Imperial Ewok

8. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Anakin's blue saber owners:

Anakin
    Obi-Wan
    Luke
    Vader
    Palpatine
    C'Baoth