main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series "The Lost Missions" in Germany (SPOILERS!!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Again, pissing all over RoTS.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Or, less dramatically, 'this moment' Sidious referred to was 'when I am Emperor and the whole galaxy hates the Jedi mwhahahah', not, the moment in which we fight (again).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That's a joke, surely?

4. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    My attempts to view the most interesting episodes (9 + 10) have met with abject failure.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Him or me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Mr. Atom Bomb and Coric like this.
  7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    In regards to Palpatine, we're talking about a guy that puts his hood up before speaking via hologram to the CIS leaders, and nobody recognizes him. Sounds like Palpatine, looks like Palpatine, and yet he's got the Clark Kent effect going on.

It was ridiculous back with TPM, especially when the TF knows that Sidious is involved in Republic politics in some way, yet can't recognize that the guy's face matches that of Palpatine?

And so, while I don't like the idea of Yoda fighting Palpatine pre-ROTS, Palpatine being immune to recognition via a stupid hood, is no dumber now than it's been since 1999.

And the entire line in "I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend. [Laughs] At last the Jedi are no more!"

This, like the discussion of Anakin and Dooku fighting several times throughout TCW is one of those things that would just be horribly awkward, but technically does not contradict the films. The assumption is made that Palpatine is discussing waiting for the opportunity to fight Yoda - but he wasn't even supposed to fight Yoda. Yoda was meant to die on Kashyyyk. He instead seems to be speaking about his ascension to power and the destruction of the Jedi Order. He can't really wait a long time to fight Yoda, when all Jedi would die at the hands of the clones and Vader, had everything gone according to plan.

A more conspicuous line is "Now you will experience the full power of the Dark Side," which is awkward, if they've already fought before.

But I don't know what the context of their fight in TCW will be. Is it a vision? Is Palpatine there in the flesh? And if he's really there, is he actually trying to fight Yoda, or is he caught off guard that a Jedi stumbled upon him and instead trying to get away before his identity can be compromised? It might not actually be a Sidious vs. Mace kind of up close and personal fight. He instead might be throwing stuff at Yoda, keeping distance between them, and trying to make a swift getaway.

8. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I know this is a spoilers thread, but I'm trying to avoid the big plot points so forgive me if this has been discussed.

From the trailer it looks like Yoda informs a majority of the Jedi, INCLUDING Obi-Wan, that he can communicate with Qui-Gon. If true, doesn't that totally blow out ROTS when Yoda tells Obi-Wan that he can talk to Qui-Qon and Obi-Wan is shocked by this?

9. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Dammit, another retcon.

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    It might only end up seeming like a Retcon, since TCW was not allowed to end on its own terms, and maybe they would have developed the idea further in the next season.

It looks like Yoda tells the Council, yes. But then from the Netflix preview clip, it looks like the Council is trying to keep Yoda locked down. Perhaps it would have been revealed, if the show kept going, that Qui-Gon stopped communicating with Yoda and that Yoda had not heard from him in quite some time, before finally talking to him again in the cut sequence from ROTS. At which point, it would come as a surprise to Obi-Wan that Yoda has made contact with Qui-Gon and received training.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013
    OMG, WHY DOES YODA HAVE TO TELL EVERYBODy!!!!!

12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Really... Why would Yoda NOT tell everyone?

I know people are bugged by the perceived retcon, and it may indeed just end up being a big plot hole. But ever since AOTC, Yoda had been hearing Qui-Gon's voice, and it's clear from the preview clip that he's been hearing it for some time prior to this arc, before finally having it reveal that it's indeed Qui-Gon's consciousness, while initially Yoda only believed it to be the Force communicating to him via a familiar voice.

Why would he keep that to himself? Why doom the Jedi to elimination because he is hoarding Qui-Gon's knowledge for himself?

That's the most messed up thing, if he discovers how to Force Ghost and has been hearing Qui-Gon for years and kept it all to himself.

It's different if he tried to tell the rest of the Jedi and they just all didn't believe him, or thought that there was another explanation. Especially when they establish that Anakin and Obi-Wan have already spoken to Qui-Gon and yet dismiss it as a hallucination/dream, because they are convinced that it is impossible.

Even in the ROTS cut scene, it's pretty clear that is not the first time he's been communicating with Qui-Gon like that.

Jedi Knight Fett and KED12345 like this.
  13. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Not bad, I kinda like this idea, but the script still seems pretty certain about the "communication":

Yoda: Until the time is right, disappear we will. [Senator Organa and Obi-Wan bow and start to leave] Master Kenobi, wait a moment. In your solitude on Tatooine, training, I have for you.
    Obi-Wan: Training?
    Yoda: An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the Force... Your old master.
    Obi-Wan: [surprised] Qui-Gon?!
    Yoda: How to commune with him, I will teach you.
    I guess we will know for sure soon enough. I hope the film and TCW don't conterdict.

14. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I feel like retcons are hated simply for being retcons.

15. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    You know, since Yoda saw that vision of the clones fighting jedi, it kind of makes it more believable that he could sense what those two clones behind him were about to do on Kashyyyk.

16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't think so. If we remove all the extra fluff like the EU and the movie novelizations, comic book adaptions, making of book, art books, deleted scenes, commentaries from the different magazines, and script books, then its another story. It really works. If we just go by the 6 movies, and TCW television series I can see this plausible. Just like the above poster (Wampa Swamp) posted. It makes sense that Yoda could sense the two clone troopers behind him. I think that Disney, Lucasfilm and Del Rey, and Marvel have it tough in the months to come. Before, it was all this different canon version and certain things from the movies were higher than others and what not . Now that Disney owns this, in order for them to have people invest in the product thay have to make it known to everyone that every movie from here on out, spin off film , possible live action tv series,animated series, or direct to dvd animated series, comic books, video games, novels, children books etc are going to be part of something. If not, I don't foresee many people investing in it. TCW really changed the spectrum of things.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013
    Hey, actually a good point but they still need to fix up Sidious and QuiGon at the end.

18. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Only when retcons are made for the sake of having retcons. :p

purplerain likes this.
  19. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Without the EU, just TCW: Yoda informs the Council, including Kenobi, that Qui-Gon has contacted him in TCW. In RotS we see Obi-Wan shocked that Qui-Gon has contacted Yoda. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it fully, but that's quite the contradiction, and has nothing to do with the other "fluff". The EU hating was completely unnecessary in this context.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  20. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Yoda didn't say a word about WHO he was supposedly talking to, only said he is hearing echoes from the netherworld. No contradiction whatsoever with Rots.

21. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Yes, the audience knows it's Qui-Gon Jinn but not the Jedi Council so everything is alright.

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Chill. No need to get so personal, not to mention derailing the thread.

Darth PJ likes this.
  23. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    So... I just caught a forbidden clip wherein Sidious throttles Dooku with the Force... and I am pleased.

Darth_Calgmoth, why did Sidious do that?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    You quoted me but I won't see it now. :(

25. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013
    Well then let's hope they keep it that way....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.