main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series "The Lost Missions" in Germany (SPOILERS!!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It's in the novel Darth Plagueis, yup. Plagues in his corporate guise as Hego Damask shared his concerns with Sifo Dyas that he was afraid of the new corporate groups that we're taking control of the Senate and building droid armies, and pointed Sifo Dyas, similarly concerned by portents and Dooku generally, toward Kamino, where Plagueis had been experimenting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Many of which would be the contrived explanations and bridges I referenced earlier.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Of those I listed Abeloth is the only one I can think of?

4. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    Angelina:

Your point is duly noted. Although it now seems to be possible that Sifo-Dyas was killed at a time when Palpatine was already chancellor, and Darth Tyranus Sidious' apprentice, it's apparently so that the original alliance/negotiations between Tyranus and the Pykes were at a time when Valorum was still in office, Darth Maul still 'alive' and Sidious' apprentice, Darth Plagueis still alive and Sidious' master, and Master Dooku still a respected member of the Jedi Order.

This makes it very likely that Dooku was actively pursuing his own shady agenda under the alias 'Tyranus' while he was still a member of the Jedi Order (as I've suggested earlier, but then in connection with the possible murder of Sifo-Dyas during the term of Valorum). It's easily imaginable that he entertained his own dark plans of galactic domination even before he joined Darth Sidious. In fact, it always seemed as if Darth Tyranus was more of a self-taught Sith than Sidious' apprentice. The way Luceno depicted Palpatine and Dooku's early conversations in DP strongly suggests that Dooku was a Sith in all but the name when he finally joined Sidious. They shared the same world view even before they became partners.
    In that sense, it's not impossible - and would actually be very interesting - that Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas on his own rather than on Sidious' orders. He could have intended to usurp and use the clone army for his own purposes, which by then could have included 'the rescue' of the Republic on his terms and the (violent) reformation of the Jedi Order.

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Dooku did make mention to Palpatine that he had been considering taking a new name, which has a subtext to suggest that his name of Tyranus came up earlier as he was already thinking upon it, if you wanted to follow that interpretation.

I prefer to think Sifo Dyas died during Palpatine's term but was ordered on his mission during Valorum's term.

Mia Mesharad and HEDGESMFG like this.
  6. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    New TV ad from the latest episodes - quality isn't good, but it's better than nothing.

Darth Wookiee and Circular Logic like this.
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Just seen the episode involving Yoda visiting Dagobah:

This will contain spoilers

Way too much like Anakin's vision on Mortis; saw Jedi fighting Clones, Anakin (it seems) killing his fellow Jedi and the deleted scene in the Jedi Temple from RoTS (which Anakin kills Shaak Ti). Then the name "Sidious" is repeated several times, with his cloak faced appearing at the end. Mace Windu is also shown being killed by Darth Sidious.

Again, way too similar to Mortis.

Darth Wookiee and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  8. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Have the final episodes come out yet? Don't feel like reading through the whole thread. Because I have an interesting theory about how they could tie up Darth Maul's fate and the Yoda arc at once.

Assuming Yoda faces "Sidious", Palpatine can have Darth Maul pretend to be Sidious and have Yoda kill him.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Somehow I don't think when people often argued "why didn't the Jedi see it coming?" about ROTS, they meant it literally.

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    No Maul. Sorry.

11. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Woah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.