main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series "The Lost Missions" in Germany (SPOILERS!!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Vhoa, I hope not! As I was born in mid-'66, I guess I'm Order 65. Unless in 'Order [number]', the [number] does not specify the year of ordering but of delivery. In that case, I'm Order 66 after all ;).

2. Hylian87

Hylian87 Jedi Padawan

Jan 19, 2014
    I really liked the discussion between the Kaminoans where they stated that the Jedi inspire the clones to behave individually and individualize their armor. So there's finally an explanation for that.

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I thought that was already stated with Anakin and rex and clones choosing names?

4. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    I'd like to post a non-spoiler Order-66-arc pic (which is still spoiler-tagged all the same) because of the ANH vibes. When my young neighbor (he's 8) watched the scene together with my son, his reaction was like ...
    Young Neighbor: "Hey, what are these guys doing in The Clone Wars?"
    I: "???"
    Young Neighbor: "Well, you know, they are wrong here because they are from Star Wars!"
    I: *facepalm*
    [​IMG]

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Screenshot Policy:

The screenshot link is not allowed if it directly leads to a pirate site (a photobucket link for example is fine). TCW Image Caption thread is a great example.

I apologize for the delay. I have been fairly busy for the past couple of days. If there is any alteration or potential misinformation, it will be corrected.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Thank you for the clarification. I always knew that posting from photobucket was fine.

There you go, Darthmaul208 now you know that posting screencaps from photobucket is not against the rules. :)

7. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
    I had 2 years of german in high school, another 2 in college, and I barely understood a thing, caught a few words and phrases here and there, kept thinking of Arnold in Kindergarden Cop "It's Not A Tumor!"

These episodes were awesome even in a language I barely understand.

8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So a translation has been made of the episode, though there is no way to watch it with the episode at this time. A link for the script is avaliable and does 'not' lead directly to any pirate sites.

Having said that, I don't know if it's the kind of thing that's okay to post here. Would that be allowed or not? It would be a text document only, no way to actually watch the episode or use this for a video yet.

9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 well at least that's been cleared up.

10. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't think if it leads to a pirated website it would do any harm. If the videos aren't pirated, I think it would be a fine.

11. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013

Kids are so ignorant nowadays [face_laugh]

12. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Alright, I'll post the script...

But be aware... this leads to MAJOR SPOILERS, You know, kind of ALL THE DIALOGUE IN ALL 4 EPISODES...

So don't click it if you don't want your experienced ruined. Also, there may be a few typos and small TL errors, keep in mind that I didn't make this though.

http://pastebin.com/BF5SU01N

13. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I can concur it IS exactly what HEDGESMFG says it is, and it doesn't either lead to a pirate website or give you viruses. Go nuts.

14. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Granted, I wouldn't mind if someone added timing into a subtitle program... but that's another matter.

This does however, clarify a lot of confusing issues... and also prove that the new take on Order 66 isn't all that different, or at least the arc makes reasonable sense within the context of this universe and what's been established so far.

15. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    But if he called Order 65 only to the clones in the room, they'll go all zombie and start to attack the Chancellor, thus 'staging' the attack.

16. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Okay... Let me practice....

Ich brauche Krieg Der Sterne Klon Kriege

How'd I do?

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  17. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Das haben Sie gut gemacht, Commander.

Though the show is just called 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' here as well :).

18. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    So...
    the presence of the "chip" and the dialogue indicate that only Palp, Dooku and the Big Wig Kaiminoans knew about 66? Does this once and for all clear the clones from the charge of fully knowing about and willing complicity with Order 66?

19. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Ahm, I'd say
    it becomes clear that the clones didn't know about the inhibitor chip that made them enact Order 66, no matter if they wanted to or not. It's never said that there was no contingency order of the same name everybody knew about as per older sources.

TadoFett likes this.
  20. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
  21. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Good point. I equate this to the real-life Operation Valkyrie during WWII, which Lucas may have drawn inspiration from. Operation Valkyrie was an existing contingency that would allow for continuity of government in the event of Adolf Hitler's death. This contingency was not secret, and was known to be in place, along with multiple other contingency plans. However, what was not known was that Colonel von Stauffenberg and the other members of the conspiracy to kill Hitler had modified the Operation Valkyrie on the sly to make it possible for them to seize control of the military and cities, disarm the SS and arrest Nazi leaders, under the context that the SS and Nazi leadership had killed Hitler in an attempted coupe.

Sound somewhat familiar? The Jedi and GAR probably knew there was an Order 66, and a number of other contingency orders as well. That wouldn't have been alarming. However, they didn't know about the hidden orders implanted into the clones which would force obedience. Seems like Sidious simply exploited an existing plan using technology to make its implementation a sure thing. If they had such an ability in real life, Hitler would have been killed in 1944, and the war in Europe would have ended then. Order 66's real-life parallel would have had a good outcome, unlike the Star Wars version, which was used for evil purposes by the Sith. Sorry to drag real history into this, but I've always thought Lucas drew inspiration from the above. Just guessing though.

Circular Logic and Darthmaul208 like this.
  22. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Yeah, sounds just like this movie I saw! ;)

TadoFett likes this.
  23. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    What time is the stream pacific coast wise tomorrow?

24. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Regular broadcast starts at 20:15 local time which would be 11:15 Pacific. The stream will be starting after the show, which is 22:05 local time and 13:05 Pacific (I assume).

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  25. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    There are livestreams available now for SuperRTL, but they seemed to lag last week due to what I'm expecting to be increased viewership.

We'll see if it works better this week. The official stream should be available for german IPs shortly after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.