main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Lost Ones, Sequel to Return to Naboo, a post RotJ-AU, Author Replies 8/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kristeh, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedilady_th

jedilady_th Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    Ah, another great story comes to an end! I also liked the family crest part, an interesting touch. I will definetly be following your next one.

One question...any plans to incorporate Mara in your future stories? (pretty please?!)

Hey I got 100!

2. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to respond to everyone. I know it seems like all I do is say "thank you, thank you," but I really do mean it. I can't think of any other way to say it, but I truly appreciate how kind you've all been. [face_love]

JM: Thanks again for being such a faithful reader. I'm glad you liked the wedding. I know it was a copy of the AOTC marriage ceremony, but I thought Leia might like for her wedding to be like her mother's.

I'm glad you liked the trailer, and all your questions will be answered. Eventually. ;)

JediMasterKobe: Thank you again. I can be evil on the cliffies, can't I?

Calandria: Hey, Cal, quit implying that my favorite character is whiny. :p Seriously, I'm happy you enjoyed the wedding.

maramijade: Welcome! I'm always so happy to hear from a new reader. It means a lot to me to know you've enjoyed my works.

Viceroy Rook: Thank you! You know, I had the hardest time trying to think of the right gift for Luke to give Leia and Han. I wanted it to be something small, but meaningful, to show how they were truly a family. I finally came up with the family crest idea. I'm so glad you liked it.

Blaster144: Thanks so much! Again, I'm really happy to know people liked the crest idea. I was afraid it might seem kind of silly.

jedilady_thy: Yay! We're into triple digits. :p I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I'm really sorry to disappoint you about Mara, but my heart just isn't into writing romance right now. And if my heart isn't in it, I don't think I'd be able to write it very well. I can do little bits with Han and Leia because it's kind of necessary if they're going to be portrayed accurately, but that's about all I can do for now. Again, I'm sorry and hope it won't spoil "Fear" for you.

And speaking of "Fear," wow! I never expected so many of you to excited about it. I'm so thrilled. Since several of you wanted me to post sooner, can I explain my thinking here?

I've been able to post pretty often with RTN and TLO because they were both finished when I began posting them here. I still had to type the last few chapters of TLO, but the story itself was complete.

"Fear" is still very much a work in progress. I have an outline for it, but I'm still close to the beginning of what will be a fairly long story. I'm only going to be able to post a new chapter once a week, probably on Sundays, with this story.

I have written the first four chapters, but I'd like to be writing a couple of chapters ahead of my posting schedule so if something comes up, like if my kids get sick or something like that, and I can't finish a chapter in one week, I can still post on Sunday. I may not have explained that well-did that make any sense?

It seems more fair to you, the readers, if I post on a regular schedule, even if it's just once a week, than if I posted what I've got all at once and then had to post haphazardly after that.

If anyone out there is just desperate to read another story of mine, I've just posted one in the Saga forum. It takes place at the end of RotJ, and it's in response to a challenge on the Luke/Vader group I belong to. It's called "Anakin's First Father's Day."

Someone on that site suggested that it shows how Ani was healed of his injuries. I didn't plan on it tying in with this series when I wrote it, but since she suggested it, I think I will let that story provide the explanation of how Anakin came to be healthy and well again. Sorry I can't give you a link right now. It's been so long since I put the links in my sig that I've forgotten how to do it. Once again it's getting late and I don't have time to play around with the computer and figure it out. I will try to as soon as I get a chance.

Before I go, I have to admit that I'm practically computer illiterate (as you might have noticed from what I said above). Could someone tell me how to update the title bar? I'd like to say when the stories are updated, or "author replies", so people will know, but I don't know how and I have very little time to just sit dow

3. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Could someone tell me how to update the title bar? I'd like to say when the stories are updated, or "author replies", so people will know, but I don't know how and I have very little time to just sit down and play at the computer and figure it out. If anyone could tell me (very slowly and exactly what to click on) I'd be so grateful.

To edit the title bar, go back to your very first post in the thread and click the edit button. From there, just change what you want to change. :)

4. Viceroy Rook

Viceroy Rook Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 1999
    Don't worry; we'll be here to bump the story during the week so it doesn't fall out of sight. :)

5. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thanks, JediMasterKobe! How amazingly simple once you know how to do it. :p

I'm counting on you, Viceroy Rook! ;) Seriously, thanks so much!

Kristeh

6. Viceroy Rook

Viceroy Rook Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 1999
    [just a final bump before Fear shows up...]

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I just read this entire amazing story in one sitting. :D

I loved the wedding at the end, especially the crest. What a wonderful touch.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

8. ladyrebelsw1983

ladyrebelsw1983 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2002
    ((coming out of lurk mode))

Kristeh,
    I thoroughly enojyed Return to Naboo, which is what led me to read The Lost Ones. Both were excellent stories and The Lost Ones was just beautiful. I was happy to see Leia forgive her father, and Luke to work out his fears with Anakin. The holograph of Han, Luke, and Leia was a nice touch and cute. Han and Leia's wedding was just beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I'll share some of the other fan's sentiment in that it was so sweet that Leia had a replica of her mother's dres. And the family crest did incorporate all the family members and as well as Leia's weddimg, it brought about unity. I like the final scene where Han and Leia eagerly hop into the Falcon, ready to begin their married life. It was a beautiful ending. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to your next piece(especially now that I've seen that teaser ;) )
    Lady Rebel

9. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Wow! This one was just as good as the first one!

10. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Shamelessly upping my stories today...

Kristeh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.