main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Lost Road JA

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sara_Kenobi, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :D Just found this through your sig. :) Great story, I can't wait for more! :D

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks very much everyone! :)

The next post should be ready by Saturday! :)

3. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    This is excellent. Will be back for more.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ----------------------------

Obi-Wan sat during a late supper with deep unease. Qui-Gon spoke mostly with Elenah and Graag himself, as Obi-Wan felt the eyes of the Alliah's daughter upon him.

Millan's cool blue eyes watched his every gesture, and Obi-Wan couldn't deny his own interest in her. This little girl was his sister. That was something that he was certain he would never get used to. In all of his years with the Jedi he had never dreamed of anything like this coming true.

As much as his family interested him, Obi-Wan Kenobi was fighting something else.
    Qui-Gon Jinn.

His Master had so easily told him that Senator Alliah was his mother. That was information that a Jedi Padawan was forbidden to know. It was thought a distraction and could end up being costly to their training.

But Qui-Gon told him anyway.

The question was why would his master risk something so important for information that he didn't need to know?

Millan suprised Obi-Wan by suddenly speaking up after a long period of silence. It took Obi-Wan away from his confusing thoughts.
    Something he was actually greatful for.

"Why are you sad?"

"I'm not sad." Obi-Wan argued.

The Senator smiled at her daughter and patted her small hands from across the Dinning table.

"The Jedi have had a long day," Elenah said softly. "I'm going to show them to their rooms.
    It's been a very long day for all of us."

"I wanna come." Millan cried.

"No Millan." Graag said. "Time for you to go to sleep too."

"But father I don't want too."

"You'll see our guests in the morning, young lady," Elenah said sternly. "Now do as your father tells you."

"Yes Mother."

Millan then went off by herself to her bedroom for the night.

"She's a good child." Qui-Gon commented.

"Millan takes after her mother." smiled Graag.

"Shall we then?" asked Elenah.

The two Jedi then followed the Senator upstairs, as she lead them to their sleeping quarters for the evening.

tbc

5. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Qui-Gon Jinn layed awake for hours on the soft bed in the guest room given to him by Senator Alliah.
    It felt so strange in being here again. It was a place that Qui-Gon Jinn hadn't seen since he was a very young boy.
    He was three years old when Master Yoda had discovered him while on a diplomatic mission with Senator Nal Joddel. Senator Joddel was the Senator of Naboo for sixteen years, and was a kind Nubian. Joddel had been a friend of Qui-Gon's father and insisted that he speak with Master Yoda about his gifted son.

Qui-Gon remembered that his father had hated the very idea. It was only at his mother insisting that his father had agreed. The Jevel family had been Jedi for over one hundred years. All except his mother and his sister. But he had been the exception.

Qui-Gon couldn't recall much of his family now. Only how beautiful his mother been. How his sister was so kind and loving. His father was a piece of the distant past that was no longer reachable.

But his sister's sweet face...

It was the same face of the lovely Senator Alliah.

Her daughter.

He couldn't believe he hadn't seen it until now. He had been there when Yoda took Obi-Wan away from her. When he promised Elenah that her son would not suffer the same fate as she did. He would be with people who loved him and would always take care of him.

He would not long for faces that he would no longer see.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes as he considered the painful childhood that Elenah would have gone through.

She had been orphaned at six years old, with no other family in the galaxy, than a Jedi Uncle that was forbidden to care for her.

The last Qui-Gon had hered of her from that point, was that a high class Nubian family had adopted her, after nearly two years alone in orphan home's, and wondering what she had done for life to be so cruel.

Then the last time...

After her foster parents divorced, his niece had been left alone again in the galaxy.

Her mother had remarried, and left her young foster daughter to what was left of the Galleron Estate.

Her father had left Naboo and never returned.

So at sixteen Elenah was alone again.

She met a young man that she thought she could trust. But sadly she had discovered the hard way that you cannot trust everyone.

That was then she decided to take a chance on the Uncle who had denied her so long ago.

She gave birth to a son at the Temple, and returned to the only life she had known soon after.

Elenah entered the Legislative Youth Program upon her return, and eventually became the Senator of Naboo, at the young age of twenty.

She had found a good life for herself.

Her mother would have been so proud.

Qui-Gon wished he could tell her those things. But she had no idea that the man who helped her had been her long lost uncle.

There was no way she could ever be told.

Qui-Gon sighed tiredly as it was now getting on in the night. It took all that was inside of his tired heart to get some sleep.

TBC

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  8. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    YAY! Excellent posts! I can't wiat for more!

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you Page! :)

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    -------------------------------
    Council Chief Palpatine studied the face of the youngest Senior Senator with deeply concerned eyes. She was only nineteen years old, but her lovely face was burden with the great task of rule, and she looked all so tired.

"My lady, have you considered what Senator Alliah suggested at the last city meeting?" Palpatine prepared himself for the dark scowl that he knew would come. Calisana was very sick, and everyone had been trying to convince her to step down for months, and allow Senator Alliah to take her place at Jaiana's side.

Calisana tore her cold blue eyes from the mirror in her bed chamber and stared at Palpatine with all the hate she could muster. "You don't love me anymore. You want someone younger in my place."

"I will always love you." Palpatine insisted. "And that is not the case at all. Alliah is over twelve years older than you, my love."

"You want her for what she can do for you." Calisana said darkly. "She can put the King on the throne. The one you really want."

"Please don't be like this." Palpatine pleaded softly. "I hate it when you behave like a jelous child. It's for the greater good Calisana. You must see that! You're not the person you once were."

"Alright then." Calisana agreed. "I'll do what you want. Contact Senator Alliah in the morning."

"You won't regret this, my love." Palpatine smiled.

Calisana grasped his hands in hers tightly and sneered into his once handsome face. "Prey that you do not, either, my love."

TBC

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Should be more by Saturday! :)

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    -----------------------------
    Queen Jaiana tried to keep herself steady, as Chief Palpatine told her of Senior Senator Calisana's illness of the mind, and how over the last few months, it was only getting worse.

Palpatine began, "I'm deeply concern over this, Your Highness. Senator Calisana has spoke of harming not only herself, but others as well. I feel it is time that she step down, and allow a much more experienced Senator to take her place. A Stronger Senator. Her student has been the master in Calisana's case for years now. It's time we allow that student to step forward."

Jaiana looked to the other council members in the Throne room. Each face was listening to Palpatine fully. Each believed him deeply to be right. But why didn't she?

Jaiana then decided. "I will need medical records of Calisana's first, before I can remove her from her post. I think we owe Senator Calisana that much, before we take away what she has built her entire life around."

"Of course, Your Highness," Palpatine bowed deeply to the Naboo Queen. "It should be no other way."

"See that it isn't, Council Chief," breathed Queen Jaiana warningly. "I don't want this to come back to haunt us."

"It will not, Your Highness." smiled Palpatine. "I promise you."

-------------------------------------

TBC

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    UP next! Big Brother Obi! ;)

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    -----------------------------------
    The next morning came fast and Obi-Wan Kenobi still couldn't believe the events that had lead him here to Naboo. His master had actually taken him on a journey that lead him to the one person he'd only dreamed about. His mother. She was actually a real person to him now. She had a name, a face, and a whole other family to introduce him too.

The only thing that was wrong with this however was the obvious.

Elenah Alliah had no idea who he really was.

She was kind, loving, warm, and very beautiful. Everything he ever wanted her to be. But she didn't know him. He had no idea if she wanted too either.

"Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan looked up from the kitchen table. His sister Millan had entered the kitchen. She was still dressed in her night clothes and her hair was a mess.

"Good morning, Millan." Obi-Wan smiled. "Isn't it a little early for you?"

"Isn't it for you?" she countered.

Obi-Wan chuckled warmly. She was very much like himself at that age. It was nice to know that somehow. Deeply comforting.

"Really though, Millan." Obi-Wan began. "Won't your mother and father still want you in bed so early? It's four-thirty A.M."

"Couldn't sleep." The five year old yawned.

"Well come in and sit then." Obi-Wan offered. "I'll get us some milk."

The girl giggled happily and sat across from the Jedi padawan.

"You're thinking of her." Millan started.

"Who?" Obi-Wan asked, while pouring the milk.

"My Mom."

Obi-Wan nearly dropped the jug of milk on the floor. "What did you say?"

"You're thinking of my mom." insisted Millan. "Why?"

"How do you know that?" Obi-Wan countered.

"I can see it." Millan smiled. "I see lots of things."

"Do you often..."

Before Obi-Wan could get the question out, Graag had joined them in the room.

He looked from face to face.

"Did I come in at a bad time?" He chuckled.

"Oh no." Obi-Wan said. "Not at all."

TBC

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ----------------------------
    Obi-Wan Kenobi swollowed hard. Graag laughed softly and sat down across from Millan at the kitchen table. Graag looked at Obi-Wan and said, "I hope my daughter isn't talking your ear off?"

"Oh no," Obi-Wan insisted. "She's a very nice child."

"I'm going to be Queen someday." stated Millan.

"Really?" asked Graag. "Last week you wanted to be a teacher!"

"I'll be both." Millan said.

"Nothing wrong with wanting to be two things." Obi-Wan grinned. "When I was five I wanted to be a Gonndor."

"What's that?" Millan asked. She screwed up her face.

"It was what my first Youngling Music teacher was." Obi-Wan shared. "She was short, and green skinned. She had long floppy ears though like a rabbit. I liked her very much."

"She sounds nice." Millan smiled.

"She was." Obi-Wan agreed.

Millan giggled and then gave a deep yawn.

"That's enough story telling for you." Graag interupted. "Now off to bed with you for at least three more hours."

"Yes daddy." Millan agreed.

The girl turned and grinned at Obi-Wan again. "Good night Obi-Wan."

"See you soon." Obi-Wan said.

The child hugged her father before leaving the room.

"She likes you." Graag said.

"I like her too." Obi-Wan smiled. "It's not often I see children so young. At the Temple I'm often always with one's of my age."

"My wife has taken with you as well." Graag said.

Obi-Wan swollowed. He didn't know what Graag was leading to with this. "She's a kind lady. You're very lucky."

Graag then demanded suddenly, "You're not friends with that council Chief are you?"

"Who?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Chief Palpatine," Graag replied stiffly. "He's the Queen Jaiana's right hand on the city council."

"I don't even know who that is." Obi-Wan said honestly. "My master may know of him though. I stay away from politics as much as I can."

"Good." Graag said. "He's not a man to be trusted. He's young and full of himself."

"I don't find most diplomat's to be very trustworthy." Obi-Wan laughed softly.

"I married the only one I trusted." Graag smiled. "And I would trust her with my life."

"And I hope she trusts me with hers." Obi-Wan said.

TBC

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    --------------------------------------
    The next morning Qui-Gon Jinn left Obi-Wan back at the Alliah main house, while he went for a peaceful walk on the grounds. It was a thick green lawn with flowing bushes and trees everywhere. Everything was beyond beautiful. He hadn't realized how much he had missed Naboo until this very moment. That ment they would find who was after the Senator, and then return home to the Jedi Temple. It was dangerous for Qui-Gon to remain much longer with these feelings inside him. He had already crossed a great line in telling Obi-Wan that Elenah was his mother. The boy hadn't needed to know that in order to protect her from harm.

Perhaps it was his own selfish reasons that brought him to tell Obi-Wan of their family connection, even though Obi-Wan hadn't hered the whole truth. He wanted to feel closer with him. Other masters talked of how powerful their bonds were with their students, and Qui-Gon couldn't say the same thing. Obi-Wan and himself cared deeply for eachother. The boy looked to him as a teacher and as a father. But something was missing.

Obi-Wan only allowed anyone just so close. There were things the lad refused to share with him. Especially since he had grown up into a sixteen year old. That was something that happened to all masters with their apprentices.

But it still bothered Qui-Gon.

Perhaps it was knowing 'who' Obi-Wan actually was made it worse. Obi-Wan was the son of his sister's child. He was his great uncle for force sake. But he could never tell Obi-Wan that. Yoda would strip Obi-Wan away from him before he could even blink.

Perhaps it came down to Qui-Gon being afraid of losing the only family tie he had left in the entire galaxy.

If Obi-Wan were to ever learn the entire truth, that could very well come to pass.

"I know you from somewhere, don't I?"

Qui-Gon turned on his heel and gasped in suprise, "Milady, you shouldn't be from the house alone."

"I'm not alone," she grinned. "I'm with you."

"Milady, please."

"Answer my question." She countered.

Qui-Gon remained silent and looked away from her accusing eyes.

"So I do know you." Elenah said. "Now the question is, how?"

------------------------------------------

tbc

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Up! :)

To be continued! I'm seeing TTT tomorrow, but I should be able to get up a post! :)

21. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    up
    up
    up
    up
    up

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    For your convenience, you can review the topic you're replying to in its own browser window by clicking here.

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Lol! Okay Jenny! ;)

Thanks guys! :)

24. Amyrlin

Amyrlin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    great story! Keep going!

I'm looking for some feedback on my story. The link's in my sig :)

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Qui-Gon Jinn stalked past the demanding Senator and into the House. Elenah followed him at his heels. She wasn't going to let this go.

"I do know you," She insisted. "Why can't you tell me how?"

Qui-Gon was about to leave the Kitchen, but he knew she would only continue to follow him through the House. There would be no more running today.

"It's forbidden that I speak of it with anyone," Qui-Gon admitted honestly. "It could also greatly harm this mission. My Padawan and I would be requested to return to the Temple in Imperial City."

"Oh, come on?" Elenah laughed. "It can't be that bad! You're so nice to me and--"

Elenah found herself staring into the man's eyes for the first time and could no longer speak. She did know Qui-Gon Jinn. But the first time she had known him she had been a sickly, frightened, teenage girl. A girl about to have a baby, and turned to the only help that was left for her. The Uncle she had never known. But this man had said her Uncle had died years ago, but he would be pleased to help her instead.

He knew everything about her. Things that her husband didn't even known. Things that he could never known.

"By the Stars, you're Qui-Gon Jinn," She whispered. "You're the Jedi that helped me with my Son."

If it was only that simple

"Yes, Milady," Qui-Gon admitted softly. "I did help you with your Son."

"Why did they have to send you?" Elenah cried hotly. "By the Gods, if anyone was to learn that...my husband...He would take Millan and leave me. You must not leave Qui-Gon Jinn. Not until your mission is over. If Graag would ever think in the slightest that I bore a child before we married...My life would be finished here."

Qui-Gon stared down at the small, pleading woman. All she was thinking of was herself. She had no thought for the boy she casted aside. No feeling at all for the child that grew up wondering where he came from. No love in her heart at all, for the little boy that thought he was given up because his mother, and father, didn't love him. Elenah no longer reminded him of his late sister. She looked like the stranger she was to him.

"We will remain here until we learn who your attacker is, Senator," Qui-Gon said forcefully. "That I promise you."

"Thank you so much, Master Jedi."

Qui-Gon exited outside and Elenah stood there for several minutes before leaving the Kitchen for the Living Room.

Nither had no idea that Millan had been showing Obi-Wan the Cellar, and both had hered everything.

TBC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.