main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Lost Temple (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) - Completed 21 February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sabe126, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks FAB! :)

Sorry JN but you will have to wait a couple more days. :(

Darth Work is a pain at the moment, so I hope to have the next instalment up on Saturday. :)

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    *looks at calendar*
    :(
    :_|
    Saturday is sooo far away.

3. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Well, Sabe, it's definitely not my place to say anything. Considering unpdates on my own stories - or lack there of...

At least I hope your Darth Work leaves you alone and lets you write more of the story soon.

4. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    JN - It did and here is the next instalment!

Ca-Tron - A day earlier than I thought!

-------------------------------------------------

Part 45

Obi-Wan surveyed the jungle around him; he couldn?t sense any danger, other than his own unease about the situation. Marissa?s reassurances, that she did not believe that their relationship was linked to the attack, had not changed his mind. He knew that Ben was right.

Marissa stood beside him, ?I never thought I would get to show you the Temple.? Her enthusiasm for the task in hand sounding in her voice.

?I have to admit that when you suggested on Anobis that I should visit here, it was the last thing I wanted to do.? He told her.

?I got that impression!? Marissa laughed, ?Let?s go.?

As they left the clearing behind and entered the dense forest Obi-Wan noticed that Marissa kept one hand on her blaster. Reaching out through the force he still could not sense anything to concern them.

?Predators??

?Maybe.? She replied, keeping her gaze fixed on the path in front of them.

?Maybe??

?No one knows for sure what lives here. We?ve heard cries at night but we?ve never seen anything.?

?Well I can?t sense anything dangerous,? he assured her.

Smiling she turned back to look at him, ?That?s good to know. Each time the team has returned, there has been evidence of someone having been here.?

Obi-Wan frowned, ?Do you know who??

Marissa shook her head, ?The area isn?t protected or guarded in any way. Nothing has ever been damaged but I thought it best not to leave the ship too near.? The Jedi nodded in agreement, it made sense, especially with what they were searching for.

As the pathway narrowed, Obi-Wan walked ahead trying to recall his readings on the Massassi. ?Are these Garganthan trees??

?Yes.?

?So what happened to the Massassi? Before you ask I am interested!? He called back.

?No one knows. The last carvings are around five thousand years old.?

Obi-Wan thought back to what she had told him, ?When the trade route was set up??

?Yes, somehow they learned Anzatian but after that we don?t know. There?s nothing.?

?They were wiped out?? He asked.

?Perhaps, sometimes civilisations cannot adapt to outside influences.?

?Is this the outpost you were working on?? They had reached the first of the stone ziggurats.

?You don?t have to be that interested Obi-Wan!? Marissa grinned, the events of the last few days, receding momentarily.

?I am.? He returned her smile.

?It?s on the other side of the Temple. There?s not much left.? She warned him.

?I?d still like to see it though.?

?We?ll go later, when it?s cooler.? Opening her pack, she took a sip from her water canteen. Obi-Wan nodded; he could already feel beads of sweat forming on the back of his neck.

?How much further??

?Not far now.?

Again the path narrowed in front of them. As the Temple became clearer through the morning mist, Obi-Wan turned back to study the outline of the outpost and then compared the two. ?Why are??? He fell silent as they entered the main clearing housing the Temple. It towered above them through the remnants of the mist. Marissa stood silently beside him waiting for him to continue but his next comment surprised her. ?I never thought about what the Temple on Anobis looked like.?

?I don?t think it was quite on this scale.? She replied as they approached the gaping entrance, ?You?ll need one of these,? she handed him a search light from her pack, ?on the upper floor there is some natural light but?? Obi-Wan had stopped, looking in dismay at the cavernous room before him. ?Don?t worry, we won?t have to search here, the only carvings on this level are the constellations." Nodding in relief, he followed her across the lower level as she checked for signs of occupancy. ?Doesn?t look like anyone has been here.?

?Where are we going??

?The ceremonial chamber at the top of the Temple, that?s where the map of the galaxy is.?

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Map of the Galaxy :cool:

6. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Hmm... It's obvious that Obi-Wan is concerned about or sensing something unusual. It's also obvious that he has matured since the begining of the story, showing genuine interest this time.

Nicely done, Sabe.

7. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Nice post, Sabe. Can't wait to see what they discover. Somehow I think there would be something to discover other than a few dusted panels...

8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    PK - Map of the Galaxy ? It?s coming up in the next instalment, along with one or two other discoveries!

KA - It's obvious that Obi-Wan is concerned about or sensing something unusual. - At the moment it is only his own unease about the situation and the danger they might be in but hopefully he will be able to keep his own fears under control.

JN - Somehow I think there would be something to discover other than a few dusted panels... ? Thanks! You will have to wait and see!

9. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Ooohh.. I wonder what they are going to find? The Massassi and what happened to them, sound very mysterious. Is it just backstory or shall we find something out about that?

Nice to see Obi-Wan enjoying himself - discovering new things, spending time in good company.

10. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Maybe Obi will help discover what happened there. Can't wait for more!

11. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    FJ - Ooohh.. I wonder what they are going to find? - You'll find out in the next few instalments, not much left to go now.

The Massassi and what happened to them, sound very mysterious. Is it just backstory or shall we find something out about that? - It will depend if I write the sequel or not! :)

Ca_tron - Maybe Obi will help discover what happened there - He's going to make an interesting discovery in the next instalment! :)

12. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    I'm intrigued by the Map of the Galaxy as well - can't wait to find out more about that! It sounds important.

13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    FAB - I'm intrigued by the Map of the Galaxy as well - can't wait to find out more about that! It sounds important - It is important but they won't discover just how important it is, yet!

-------------------------------------------------

Part 46

Glancing up from her data pad for a moment Marissa watched Obi-Wan as he explored the ceremonial chamber. The Jedi walked down the centre of the room towards the dais at the far end where light streamed in through the slits in the wall above. Here he was able to make out the map of the galaxy that covered every wall, somehow the Massassi had been able to create this representation.

Approaching the wall to the left of the dais, Obi-Wan used a searchlight to get a closer look at the intricate carvings. ?Here?s Coruscant.? He turned to look at Marissa who sat on the steps at the entrance. ?Is this Alderaan??

Putting down her data pad, Marissa crossed the chamber to join him. After studying the map for a few moments she confirmed his assumption before reaching out and touching the outline of the planet. ?I?m sure they?ll be safe.? Obi-Wan told her quietly.

Continuing to look at the map, she pointed to another planet, ?This is Anobis and Nubia,? she shone the searchlight onto the wall nearest the entrance, ?is over there.?

?You were right,? Obi-Wan grinned, ?This is worth seeing. How old is it??

Retrieving her datapad, Marissa checked her notes, ?Ten thousand.?

?And it?s correct??

?We think so.? She replied.

?How were they able to do this?? Obi-Wan frowned, ?I thought they didn?t have any contact with???

?That?s what makes it so interesting.? Marissa started towards the steps, ?We?d better start searching the lower levels.? Taking one last look around, Obi-Wan followed her.

?This floor is separated into three areas.? Marissa explained as they made their way down the steps. ?Professor Leot only looked in the first, so we should start in the second.?

They entered the first room, ?Didn?t you think that was strange?? Obi-Wan asked, puzzled.

She shrugged, ?He said this area wasn?t safe.?

Obi-Wan nodded, ?You said that the Massassi recorded important events,? he asked looking at the carving that covered most of the wall. ?What does this one represent??

?This shows the new high priest or holy man, it?s around nine thousand years old.?

?Where?s the one you showed me??

?That?s on a lower level.?

They reached the entrance to the second room, ?What do you want me to do?? The Jedi asked.

?According to the information from Master Windu, this is where the team found the tablet. So this is where we start.?

After an hour of systematically checking the room, Marissa was forced to admit that there was nothing there. ?We still have the third room,? Obi-Wan reminded her.

Marissa nodded, ?Let?s take a break. I need to contact Bail.?

---------------------------------------

?As I said, there?s not much left.? Marissa told him, as they stood in front of the remains of the outpost.

Obi-Wan studied the ruins, ?Did you find anything here??

?Nothing and it took several months to come to that conclusion!?

?So we had a fairy easy time on Anobis in comparison.?

?In some ways.? She checked her chrono, ?We had better get back to the Temple.?

-----------------------------------------------

?Maybe there was nothing here for them to find?? Obi-Wan remarked as they crossed the middle room.

?Or they were looking in the wrong?, she stopped in the entrance to the third room, as her searchlight illuminated the room, ?place.? There on the far wall was a small carving. Using both lights they were able to see that it consisted of several broken circles.

?What does it mean? Obi-Wan stared at it.

?I have no idea.? Marissa took a closer look, ?I?ll document this and we can study it back at the ship.? Opening her pack she pulled out the holocam, ?Can you check the rest of the room?? A quick search revealed no further carvings, ?I need to finish this,? she explained, ?why don?t you have a

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Is it wrong because there are different constellations in the sky depending on the time of year (one of the only things I got out of astro 10) or is it something truly mysterious or sinister?

15. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Hmmm... does the fact that the map is wrong have any major significance?

Great detail, Sabe. I was there. ;)

16. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Obi-Wan realizes his attachement to Marissa and accepts it.

What does the carving of the broken circles mean? Is it a Jedi/Sith symbol or something? Or Force out of balance?

The map of the galaxy being wrong - have the constellations changed? Or was the map actually done on another planet and imported here 10,000 years ago? Or was it deliberately wrong? So many mysteries - but I am sure we'll know in good time! :D

17. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Hmmm....wonders right along with everyone else....

18. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    PK - Is it wrong because there are different constellations in the sky depending on the time of year (one of the only things I got out of astro 10) or is it something truly mysterious or sinister? - That is something they are going to have to work out but it is the latter, ie truly mysterious/sinister!

KA -Hmmm... does the fact that the map is wrong have any major significance? - Yes! Glad you liked the description of the Temple.

FJ - Obi-Wan realizes his attachement to Marissa and accepts it - Yes and he realises that it has to end as soon as they return to Coruscant.

What does the carving of the broken circles mean? Is it a Jedi/Sith symbol or something? Or Force out of balance? - They will return to study the carving in the next instalment, you will find out then!

The map of the galaxy being wrong - have the constellations changed? Or was the map actually done on another planet and imported here 10,000 years ago? Or was it deliberately wrong? - Its the 12000 year old constellation carvings that are wrong, they haven't checked the map of the galaxy yet. To answer the rest - No, No, No!

FAB - Hmmm....wonders right along with everyone else.... - All these mysteries will be answered in the next instalment.

19. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    All caught up! Sorry I've been absent, exams can do that do you ;)

Fabulous posts!

20. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    AJK - Thanks! :) No worries. Hope the exams went ok.

21. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Am thinking about that galaxy map too. Perhaps during those thousands of years the galaxy has shifted...

Anyway, hope to see the next post soon.

22. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    JN - Something happened in those 2 thousand years. You will find out what in the next installment.

It's my sister's engagement party this weekend so the next installment will be posted on Sunday or Monday.

23. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    *stays far enough ahead of DRL to catch up*
    It's wrong?! :eek:
    Maybe it's for another place on the planet or the galaxy.

24. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Ca_tron - Maybe it's for another place on the planet or the galaxy. ? A good theory! Answer coming up!

---------------------------------------------------

Part 47

?What?s wrong?? Marissa tried to see what he was looking at.

?This part of the carving shows Yavin and it?s three moons.? All of which were clearly visible above them. ?Planets seem to be represented by larger markings,? Obi-Wan continued. ?Just beyond there is another marking, it should be at the edge of the Meridian sector but,? he looked up at the sky, ?there?s nothing there.?

?Maybe it?s just a star??

?No,? the Jedi shook his head, ?it?s too big to be a star.?

?Obi-Wan, this carving is 12000 years old, it might not be accurate!?

?The rest seems to be,? he insisted, ?and this is the same constellation.?

Marissa compared them, ?You mean the one that is shaped like a nerf??

?That?s the one,? he laughed.

?I don?t know. There are lots of reasons why we can?t see it.?

?If it is a planet, maybe it is on the map of the galaxy?? He suggested, not able to shake the feeling that they had made a significant discovery. The silence was broken by wild cry from deep within the jungle. ?I think we had better get inside.?

He followed her into the ship and together they poured over the map. Checking her datapad, Marissa started to identify the planets, ?This is Yavin and the moons.? She told him, ?Your planet should be between Korriban and Gala.?

Obi-Wan looked closely at the diagram, ?There?s nothing there.? He sat back in his seat, ?What does it mean??

Marissa compared the placing of the planets on the constellations carving and from the map, ?Something happened during those two thousand years??

?Didn?t the Massassi record important events?? Obi-Wan thought back to the carving depicting the high priest.

Marissa stared at him for a moment, ?You?re right. They did.? She began searching through the holo disks, ?That new carving we found today.? Activating the projector, the holo of the broken circles hovered over the table between them.

Obi-Wan understood, ?It depicts the destruction of the planet.?

-------------------------------------------------------

?I?ve checked the map and there?s nothing there that could be our missing planet.? Obi-Wan announced to Marissa. Nodding, she continued to study the wall carving. The Jedi started pacing up and down, waiting for her to respond further and when she did not, he continued. ?Have you noticed that these three rooms do not cover the same area as the levels above and below??

?Yes,? she did not look up. ?There?s a door here.?

?A door!? Obi-Wan asked incredulously. ?When did you discover that??

?Just now.?

?What?s behind it??

?I don?t know. Another staircase perhaps??

?Have you found anything else??

?There seems to be some sort of script around the inner and outer circles.?

Obi-Wan stroked his beard for a moment, looking thoughtfully at the carving. ?I?m sure I?ve seen this symbol before.?

?Yes, it?s on the third tablet.? She replied, still not glancing up from her work.

He shook his head, ?No, I?ve seen it somewhere else.? But for the moment, where, eluded him. ?Have you finished yet??

Putting down her tools in mock annoyance, Marissa finally turned to look at him. ?I thought that as a Jedi you would have learnt to be a bit more patient!?

?I?m just interested.? He continued pacing; hiding his delight that he had managed to get her attention.

Sitting back on her heels, she watched him, ?I think I preferred it when you weren?t so enthusiastic. Why don?t you go and contact the council?

Grinning, Obi-Wan left the room. Hopefully the information contained in the Archives would solve this mystery.

Marissa was finishing making a copy of the outer circle when he returned. ?We?ve got company!?

She looked up, startled. ?Who??

?Smugglers.?

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.