Before The Lost Temple (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) - Completed 21 February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sabe126, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Smugglers, oh this promises to be amusing, in my twisted sense of amusing of course.

More soon!!
  2. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Missing planets? It won't be the last Obi-Wan hears about missing planets. ;)

Newly discovered doorways? Smugglers? This story is getting more and more mysterious by the post.

Great job, Sabe. :)
  3. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Jedi_Nifet Jedi Master

star 4
    Alderaan #0 ;) This is getting even more interesting...
  5. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    PK - Glad you approve! :)

AJK - Smugglers, oh this promises to be amusing, in my twisted sense of amusing of course. - I will try and make it amusing! :)

KA - Newly discovered doorways? Smugglers? This story is getting more and more mysterious by the post - It won't get much more mysterious as there are only 3 installments left and for some answers you will have to read the sequel! ;)

JN - This is getting even more interesting - Great! :) They are going to make a very important discovery in the next 2 installments!
  6. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    for some answers you will have to read the sequel!

Woohoo! A sequel! :D
  7. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Smugglers?!?!?! The plot gets thicker and thicker.
  8. forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow! That was a surprise! I didn't expect that another "Alderaan" had happened in the past! I wonder how an entire planet had been destroyed? A Death Star that far back? Could the broken circles be a clue? And where did Obi-Wan see this symbol before? What's behind the staircase?

So many questions! And only 3 installments left? [face_shocked]

I demand that you start sequel right away, Sabe! Well, I hope you do! 8-}
  9. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ca_tron - Smugglers?!?!?! The plot gets thicker and thicker - It's about to get a whole lot thicker! Something very important is discovered in the installment after next but it isn't related to the smugglers. They have a role to play in the sequel.

FJ - I didn't expect that another "Alderaan" had happened in the past! I wonder how an entire planet had been destroyed? - They will find out a bit more about the planet in the next installment. Could the broken circles be a clue? - Interesting theory! And where did Obi-Wan see this symbol before? - That is a very important question for the sequel! ;) What's behind the staircase? - Again you will have to wait and see! :)

And only 3 installments left? - Yes. Some questions will be answered though.

I demand that you start sequel right away, Sabe! Well, I hope you do! - At the moment I plan to start it a week after I finish this one. :)
  10. forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    At the moment I plan to start it a week after I finish this one.

EXCELLENT NEWS!
  11. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    FJ- I am glad you consider it excellent news! :)

AJK - I'm not sure if this will be as amusing as you hoped.

-------------------------------------------------

Part 48

?They were heading towards the Temple.? Obi-Wan stood at the entrance to the first room. He listened for a moment, ?I think they are in the constellation room.?

?We?ve got to get this open.? Marissa tried to open the door behind the carving, ?Help me!?

Reaching the carving, he realised she was right; there was a door there. He looked round, Marissa was stuffing her tools and datacards into her pack. ?Hey I thought I was helping you??

?Well I can?t do it!? She replied, picking up the searchlight and checking that they hadn?t left anything.

She had a point, Obi-Wan admitted to himself. As they squeezed through the gap, they heard voices coming from one of the lower levels. Using the searchlight, Obi-Wan took a quick look round, ?We can?t get out this way. There?s nothing here.?

?We?re trapped!?

?Focus.?

?You?re the Jedi, you focus.? She shot back.

Obi-Wan thought for a moment. ?You said that each time you returned, there was evidence that someone else had been here.? He looked at her for confirmation. Marissa nodded. ?Therefore, we can assume that these are the same smugglers. We just have to wait for them to leave.?

?I?m sorry.? She told him, slumping against the wall. ?For a moment I thought, what if?? She trailed off, sitting down, unable to continue.

?What if they aren?t smugglers?? He finished for her, as he sat down. ?If they aren?t, then we?ll deal with them.?

?I?m sorry. I just don?t want Lillie to go through what we did.?

?She won?t.? Obi-Wan knew what he had to say, ?When we get back.?

Marissa interrupted him; she had been waiting for this. ?You can?t let personal feelings get in the way??

?Something like that, yes.?

She turned to look at him. ?We knew that on Anobis remember??

?But this time we have to, there is too much at stake. Besides, your destiny lies on a different path.? He stopped and listened for a moment before turning off the searchlight.

?They?re here?? Marissa whispered.

?In the first room I think.? They sat in silence, trying to hear if anyone was on the other side of the wall. ?They?ve moved up to the next level.? Obi-Wan announced.

?Are you sure??

He nodded, then realised she couldn?t see him. ?Yes. Probably checking the rest of the Temple.? He shrugged, ?We?ll just have to wait.?

Retrieving the datapad and copies she had made of the script from the carving, Marissa started to study them. From time to time she looked over to Obi-Wan but the Jedi sat with his eyes closed. ?The script around the inner circle is in the same language as the tablet.?

?Are you sure?? Obi-Wan opened his eyes.

?Yes.?

?What does it mean?? He closed his eyes again, concentrating.

?For now we are assuming that the Massassi witnessed the destruction of our missing planet and recorded the event.?

?Do you think that the tablet was written by someone from there?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Perhaps, it?s in a language that isn?t recognised by any translation programmes, the tablet was found here and the only other example that we know of, is also located here.?

?And the Council retrieved it, sent it to Anobis and hid it in the crypt.? Obi-Wan concluded. ?Do you think they believe it was written by a Jedi??

?I?ve given up trying to work out what the Council believes.? Marissa admitted, as she continued to study the script.

But Obi-Wan wasn?t listening, ?Through the force things you will see, the future, the past?, he murmured.

?Whoever wrote this saw the future??

"Maybe but the future is always in motion,? he replied before continuing with his meditation.

An hour later, he opened his eyes, ?I think they?ve gone. Should we go and see what they were doing here??

Marissa stood up, ?No, I think we had better go.? She told him, picking up the pack. ?We have what we came for.?

?You mean??

She n
  12. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    ?We?re trapped!?

?Focus.?

[face_laugh] Marissa is a little on edge, isn't she. :p

Did someone with Jedi powers see into the future and make that map? What planet did he see destroyed?

Nice post, Sabe. :)
  13. Jedi_Nifet Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm... I have an unexpected thought... What if it wasn't a planet destroyed, but added? What if that Jedi had forseen the Death Star?

*Thinks on the weirdness of her own thinking.*

Anyway, wonderful post, Sabe. It transfers the atmosphere there nicely.
  14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Amusing it was. Marissa may need to have a lie in after this lol!

So we have the means to translate, lets get to this! But why do I have a bad feeling? Just me, or no? ;)

More soon!
  15. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    the smugglers didn't stay long. What were they after?
  16. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    KA - Marissa is a little on edge, isn't she. ? She has good reason to be! The lives of her family could still be in danger and who knows what those smugglers were there for!

Did someone with Jedi powers see into the future and make that map? What planet did he see destroyed? ? That will be answered in the next instalment.

JN - Hmmm... I have an unexpected thought... What if it wasn't a planet destroyed, but added? What if that Jedi had forseen the Death Star? ? That is a very interesting theory, we will see how Obi-Wan and Marissa interpret events in the next instalment.

AJK - Amusing it was. Marissa may need to have a lie in after this lol! ? I?m glad that you found it amusing. Yes, she probably will.

So we have the means to translate, lets get to this! But why do I have a bad feeling? ? They will get to this in the next instalment! No real need to have a bad feeling! :)

PK - the smugglers didn't stay long. What were they after? ? That won?t be revealed until the sequel I?m afraid! Sorry! :(
  17. ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master

star 4
    I rather liked that too!!!

Great add Sabe!
  18. forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Obi-Wan is so calm while the smugglers are wandering about! I can almost hear: "We should be patient!"

Okay, I too am wondering: did they see the destruction of Alderaan way into the future? That is really quite a HUMONGOUS bit into the future, though! Some "foreseeing" ability, if true!
  19. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmmm. Planet blowing up. Could it our famous Alderaan?
  20. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    FAB - ?You?re the Jedi, you focus.? She shot back. -I rather liked that too!!! ? Just reminding Obi-Wan that he isn?t with Anakin now!

FJ - Obi-Wan is so calm while the smugglers are wandering about! I can almost hear: "We should be patient!" ? I think Marissa would have hit him if he had said that! :) did they see the destruction of Alderaan way into the future? ? The Massassi witnessed the destruction of the planet and recorded it, whether there is another message behind it, is a matter of interpretation.

Ca_Tron - Hmmm. Planet blowing up. Could it our famous Alderaan? ? As far as Obi-Wan and Marissa are concerned, the planet?s destruction was witnessed by the Massassi.
  21. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    Part 49

They had the means to translate it. Obi-Wan had studied the carvings since they had left Yavin IV and he was still none the wiser. Or rather he had watched Marissa study them. ?So what does it say?? He asked, drumming his fingers on the table.

She did not look up. ?I said we have the means to translate it, not that we know what it says.?

?Can you read any of it?? He asked, not quite managing to hide his disappointment.

?Only a few words but it is all we need.? Marissa told him, sorting through a pile of data cards.

?How??

?You remember the letter chart I showed you on Nubia?? He nodded. ?We worked that out from the religious carving we found at the Temple.? Handing him the datapad, she continued, ?This representation of the ceremony has two lines of script. One is in the language of the Massassi and the other is Anzatian.?

Obi-Wan read the Anzatian; he was beginning to understand. ?We know what the Anzatian says, therefore.?

?We can guess at the Massassi.?

?Guess??

?We have to assume that both say the same thing but we have to start somewhere.? She showed him the carving of the high priest. ?Using other carvings we have identified common groups of letters.? Marissa shrugged at his sceptical expression. ?The more we do, the more accurate we become.?

Obi-Wan shook his head, wondering what the Council would make of it. ?So we can read the Massassi but how does that help??

Handing him a copy of the planet carving, she explained. ?We have the Massassi script around the outer circle here, and the third tablet script around the inner circle.?

?So again we are assuming that they say the same thing?? Obi-Wan asked, tracing the script with his finger.

?Yes.?

Comparing the carving with the tablet, he could see that she was right; they seemed to be identical. Catching her eye, he grinned. Her excitement was infectious. ?So what does it say??

?Move up.? Marissa sat down beside him, picking up the tablet copy. ?I might be mistaken, this could take years to decipher correctly but I think it speaks of the after life.?

?The after life?? Obi-Wan wondered aloud. ?How do you know??

?The religious carving: it depicts a burial. They are preparing the body for what they call ?the second life. This group of letters translate as ?second life? and here it is again on our tablet.?

?There is no death, there is the force.? Obi-Wan reminded her.

?No,? she shook her head. ?It seems to go further.?

?Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter,? he murmured to himself. ?Sorry, carry on.?

?From what I can make out, it is linked to the Chosen One.?

He stared at her. ?The Chosen One??

?The Massassi on the planet carving refers to an anointed one from the doomed planet. The same word is used on the carving of the high priest.?

?They might have called a Jedi an anointed one?? Obi-Wan suggested.

?As I said, it is just a guess.? Marissa admitted. ?Even if I could, I don?t think I should read anymore. This is for the Jedi to know.? She stood up. ?Mace was right, it is dangerous.? Picking up the data cards she headed for her cabin. ?I have to prepare my report for the Council.?

?What if it wasn?t a Jedi?? Obi-Wan kept his gaze fixed on the planet carving.

Marissa turned back, ?It doesn?t matter.?

?Doesn?t matter??

?As long as the Jedi have the knowledge.? Entering the cabin, she hit the control panel and the door closed behind her. Turning on the holo com, she set it to record and began to speak.

---------------------------------------------

The theory behind the third tablet is based on that suggested by luukeskywalker in the Jedi Spirits thread. Used with permission.

Concludes next week :)
  22. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    annointed one is from the doomed planet?? Well- if doomed planet is Alderaan then annointed one could be Leia? If not A, then???

Blame the cold medicine
  23. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oooooo. A Choosen One from the past? Hmmm. Wonder what that means.
  24. Jedi_Nifet Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm... The Chosen One surfaces again...
  25. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm... things are getting very complex. Good thing there is a sequel coming to explain everything, right?

I mean, the sequel will explain everything, won't it Sabe?
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.