main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Lost Temple (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) - Completed 21 February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sabe126, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    PK - annointed one is from the doomed planet?? ? Yes, it the word chosen by the Massassi to describe the Jedi who came from the doomed planet. The same word also appears on the tablet the Jedi brought with him, referring to the ?chosen one? from the prophecy.

Ca_tron - Oooooo. A Choosen One from the past? Hmmm. Wonder what that means ? They could be mistaken in the translation but the third tablet links the after life to the Chosen One. This gets explained a bit further in the final instalment.

JN - Hmmm... The Chosen One surfaces again ? Keep that in mind for the sequel!

KA - Hmmm... things are getting very complex. ? I didn?t mean for things to be this complicated! I mean, the sequel will explain everything, won't it Sabe? ? It will explain some of the things that won?t be explained in the final instalment. ;)

2. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    I have to confess that I am also confused. Were the Massassi looking into the future? Or was the cycle of the Chosen One repeated in the distant past?

The "anointed one" from the doomed planet must be Obi-Wan, since we know it's his planet of origin. Is this tablet talking about his second beginning after his death as a spirit? Goodness, is Obi reading prophecies about himself right there? [face_shocked]

Sabe I too believe that the Jedi ghost stuff is very directly related to the Chosen One thing and bringing balance. The poor Force is doing all it can at that point! It's not a "trick" that anyone and everyone can learn. It's not tied to the Living/Unifying Force, etc. But the prophecy!

3. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Just wanted to say that was a very nice surprise, Sabe. Introducing the Jedi spirit stuff, I mean. Didn't see that coming. I thought the tablet was going to be about the Chosen One only. But stupid me! I realize now that you ARE writing about the Jedi who became the busiest spirit of all, travelling from Yavin to Hoth to Dagobah, not about the Jedi who brought "balance to the Force"! :D

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Very nice addition I must say. Very interesting,I;d say me more but I have to run. more soon!!

5. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    FJ - Sorry for confusing you and everyone else!

The "anointed one" from the doomed planet must be Obi-Wan, since we know it's his planet of origin. Is this tablet talking about his second beginning after his death as a spirit? Goodness, is Obi reading prophecies about himself right there? - I'm afraid that Marissa's interpretation of events is not as interesting as your Obi-Wan is the anointed one theory. I like your interpretation more than mine! :)

Were the Massassi looking into the future? - The Massassi witnessed the destruction of the missing planet and made a record of the event and the arrival of the 'anointed one' from the doomed planet.

I'm glad that the Jedi ghost theory was a surprise! The link between their ability to disappear and the chosen one and bringing balance was the best theory I have come across on the boards.

In the final instalment Marissa and Obi-Wan explain their theory to the Council - so hopefully everything will make a bit more sense! :)

AJK - Am glad that you enjoyed it! :) Final part this weekend!

6. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Quotes from ?A New Hope? screenplay by George Lucas

Part 50

?Here we go again.? Obi-Wan led the way from the Temple landing platform to the Archives. ?Ready to face the Council??

Marissa nodded, her thoughts on their other meeting with the Council when Master Jinn had told her to relax. If only they could go back. ?One last time.?

Together they crossed the main hall towards where Master Windu was waiting for them. ?What will you do next??

?As soon as we?ve?I?ve finished here I?m meeting Bail. He?s going back to Nubia with me and then home.?

The Jedi Master nodded to them in response to Obi-Wan?s bow and led them to the same side room as before. There they found Master Yoda waiting for them and it was only then that Mace spoke. ?Obi-Wan says that you have the means to translate the tablet.?

Marissa explained what they had found on Yavin IV and how they had started to decipher the tablet.

After considering it for a moment, Mace sat back in his chair, ?So your theory is based on an assumption that these two words have the same meaning??

Marissa nodded in response. ?I know it is not very accurate,? she began. Mace raised an eyebrow. ?But,? she continued, ?it is all we have.? The Council were reacting just as she thought they would. ?The Massassi wrote that an ?anointed one? or priest came from the missing planet.? She glanced at Obi-Wan who was sitting next to her. ?To the Massassi, a Jedi would seem to be an ?anointed one? or a priest.? He was listening intently and she was relieved to see him nod in agreement.

Mace however, seemed less convinced. ?How does this explain the second script in the inner circle??

?If the Jedi understood their language he could have added his own to the carving. The same language as on the third tablet.?

?Therefore, the tablet was from the missing planet,? Mace finished for her. ?What makes you think it is not a Massassi legend?? The Jedi Master asked.

?I know there is no proof but it would explain the map.?

?Map?? Yoda spoke up.

Obi-Wan related the differences between the constellation carving and the map of the galaxy. ?As far as we know the Massassi did not have contact with any off worlders, any other off worlders?, he corrected himself, ?until the setting up of the Hydian Way and??

?But?, Mace interrupted, ?research suggests that Almanian culture was influenced by the Massassi.?

?That?s just a theory.? Marissa responded.

?So is this,? Mace reminded her.

?But someone gave the Massassi the knowledge to create the map of the galaxy. Five thousand years before the trade route was set up.?

Mace shrugged, ?There was no proof it was a Jedi.?

?The mere fact that the tablet was retrieved by the team sent to Yavin IV indicates otherwise,? she replied sharply. Obi-Wan stared at her. ?If this word on the tablet is ?anointed one?, could it also mean ?Chosen One???

?And the only other word you can read on the tablet is ?second life??? Mace looked to her for confirmation.

?Or ?afterlife?, yes.? Mace and Yoda exchanged glances. ?Master Jedi, Professor Leot is in the process of unlocking the Massassi language. Once we have that, you should be able to translate all of the script on the carving and then the tablet.? She handed over the data files containing the copy of the tablet and the carvings, ?Maybe then the meaning will become clear??

------------------------------------

?That went as well as I had expected.? Marissa admitted. Obi-Wan nodded, as they looked out over Coruscant standing side by side on the deserted training veranda. ?I get the impression they think it is just another Jedi legend.?

?Perhaps.?

?I have to go. Bail will be waiting.? Marissa looked at him in surprise, there had been no scepticism in his voice. ?Goodbye Obi-Wan. May the Force be with you.? They embraced for a moment before she pulled away. ?I know you have to forget.?

He held her gaze; ?I will remember you Marissa.?

?Thank you.? Pressing a holo disk into his hand, she left the veranda.

?Goodbye Marissa.?

7. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    I would like to say a huge thank you to: ForceAchtungBaby, Knight-Ander, Arwen Jade Kenobi, Forever_Jedi, Jedi_Nifet, Padawan Kitara, Jemmiah, Ca_tron and everyone else who has read, commented and lurked! Thanks for staying with this for almost a year and also for your brilliant and inspiring feedback. Your comments wrote half this fic! :)

The adventure continues in ?The Lost Holocron? starting next weekend. It takes place a year after the fall of the Republic.

Teaser Trailer ? The Lost Holocron

8. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    One voice had cried out to him above the others. He had not seen her since their last fateful meeting with Vader.

Ack! Sabe, you cruel, cruel woman. How could you leave us like that?!?! :mad:

What a tease that was. I'll definately be back for Lost Holocron. :)

9. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Great way to end the story. Will the next one have both Obi and Marissa be in it?

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That trailer looks great - I can't wait :)

11. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - you cruel, cruel woman. How could you leave us like that?!?! - If I was really cruel there would be no sequel and I would have left things unanswered! ;)

Ca-Tron - Great way to end the story. ? Thank you! :) Will the next one have both Obi and Marissa be in it? ? Yes it will. Have a look at the trailer to learn more!

PK - That trailer looks great - I can't wait ? Thanks! Am glad that you will be there! :)

12. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Beautiful, beautiful ending! I love how you started with Obi-Wan as a 20-year-old padawan and ended with him going to face his "afterlife" on the Death Star! Also loved the way Marissa was woven into Obi-Wan's life, and how she pointed him towards one of his most unique abilities - retaining his spirit!

I am so... curious about the ancient story of the Massassi and the Jedi who visited them. Would you be willing to write a short story of that "backstory" sometime?

Looking forward to "The Lost Holocron." Glad to know that this ain't over yet! :D

Great job Sabe! Enjoyed the long read! Thanks for the good times!

13. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    *Much applause and a bottle of champaigne for the beautiful author.*

An excellent way to end it, Sabe! It was wonderful and thrilling to read this story. Congratulations!

And no I'm ready to go on to the next room and await the sequel there. ;) :)

14. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    FJ -I am so pleased that you liked the ending! :)

I am so... curious about the ancient story of the Massassi and the Jedi who visited them. Would you be willing to write a short story of that "backstory" sometime? - I am hoping to include more of this story in the sequel.

Glad to know that this ain't over yet! - I'm glad to know that you will be there for the sequel! :)

JN - Thanks for the champagne! :) An excellent way to end it - Thank you! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! :) See you at the sequel!

---------------------------------------

Will post a link to the new story here.

15. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  16. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    I just realized I never posted a reply about the conclusion! Shame on me!!!
    Excellent!
    Off to read The Lost Holocron now!

17. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks FAB! :)

18. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Wow!!! That was so amazing-I love this story and now I'm going for your sequel!!! :D

Great Job!

~*Twi

19. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Jedi of Twilight - Thank you! :) Am so pleased you enjoyed it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.