The Lost Temple (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) Pre PM Updated March 14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    Title ? The Lost Temple
    Rating ? PG13
    Genre - Adventure.
    Spoilers: Spoilers for The Phantom Menace.

Summary ? Two years before the events of the Phantom Menace, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi are sent to the planet of Anobis after the discovery of the ruins of an ancient Jedi Temple. For a thousand years the secrets of the Jedi have remained hidden?

Trailer - The Lost Temple

Disclaimer: The Star Wars universe belongs to George Lucas. This fic is for entertainment purposes only.

--------------------------------------------

Part 1

?Are you the Jedi Holy man??

Qui-Gon stopped at the bottom of the ramp, blinking into the strong sunlight as he tried to locate the speaker. Smiling, he answered, ?Jedi yes, Holy man no.?

?The other Jedi said that he would send someone. I just assumed.? A young woman emerged from the shadow of the Nubian cruiser. ?We didn?t think it was right to move the remains.?

?Other Jedi?? Qui-Gon asked as she approached.

?I don?t know who. The Professor spoke to him.?

?I?m Qui-Gon Jinn.? His smile froze for a moment as she reached him.

?Marissa Carney. Professor Milovy is up at the site.?

?Thank you.? Qui-Gon recovered his composure. ? My apprentice is still on board. Will you tell him where I?ve gone, please??

She nodded. ?I?ve got to get some equipment from the ship, I?ll wait for him.?

Leaving the clearing behind Qui-Gon climbed the hill towards the site. A series of tremors had uncovered what was thought to be the ruins of a Jedi Temple. The effects of these, Qui-Gon noted, as he climbed over a fallen tree.

The Governor of the main trading post on Anobis had contacted the Council after the ship sent out to assess the damage had reported its findings. The Council had thought it worth investigating and had asked Professor Nial Milovy, an archaeologist from Nubia to go to Anobis. Before leaving, Mace had confided in him that the Professor; although not the most eminent Jedi authority in the galaxy, had in the past carried out several missions for the Council and could be trusted.

Qui-Gon smiled as he remembered Obi-Wan?s comments. There was nothing to suggest that it was connected to the Jedi and that one set of ruins looked much like another. What was it that he had said on entering the planet?s atmosphere? ?I have a bad feeling about this.? Qui-Gon did not know how much this related to Obi-Wan?s thinking it was a waste of time or to what was awaiting them. Stopping to look back towards the clearing Qui-Gon shook his head. He was mistaken, what he had seen was merely a trick of the light.

--------------------------------------------

After reporting their arrival to the Council, Obi-Wan headed for the ramp. As he had told his Master, there were many similar Jedi outposts scattered throughout the galaxy, the discovery of another one on some Outer Rim planet was nothing new. Sighing, he started down the ramp, there was no sign of Qui-Gon but a woman was?

?Hold on.?

?What?? At that moment a tremor shook the clearing. Recovering her balance, she looked at him curiously as he joined her.

?I?ve never met real life Jedi before.?

?You make me sound like an exhibit.? Obi-Wan laughed.

?Sorry, I didn?t mean to.?

?Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

?I?m Marissa Carney. Master Jinn asked me to wait for you, he?s up at the site.?

?Thank you.?

They climbed the hill; Obi-Wan seeing she was still embarrassed broke the silence, ?How long have you known the Professor??

?All my life, he?s my guardian,? she explained.

?Are you just helping out here??

Marissa shook her head; ?I graduated with a degree in Archaeology from Theed University last year.?

?Sorry.?

She smiled, ?I?ve been interested in this since I was a child. I spent most of last year working on Yavin 4, then when one of the Professor?s assistants left I joined the team.?

Obi-Wan looked around as they approached the top of the hill, he could only sense Qui-Gon and the Professor. ?Wher
  2. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
  3. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great start! Seems the Kenobi's may have some history here, can't wait to see what that might be!
  4. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    :::pulls up a seat and gets comfortable:::

Excellent start, Sabe. It sounds like the planet the temple is on is "not entirely stable" (sorry, suddenly had the urge to say that :p ).

And Professor Milovy seems to be familar with Obi-Wan's name. Hmmm... Why is that?

And it always seems that our heroes are always a step or two behind Sifo-Dyas in your stories. Will your OC and Sifo-Dyas' apprentice, Mia, make a cameo in this story?

Anyway, great start. You know I'll be here for the whole thing. :D

EDIT: Double negative about the planet's stability.
  5. ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master

star 4
    ?You make me sound like an exhibit.? Obi-Wan laughed.
    Well, Obi Wan is definitely a sight to behold!

And so, the fabulous Sabe had chosen to grace us with another story! Yeah! Passes out the popcorn and gets comfy!
  6. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds intriguing, Sabe. :)

More please!
  7. CYNICAL21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice, intriguing beginning, Sabe. Hope time and all it entails grants me the opportunity to keep up with this.

CYN
  8. ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jacen -Very interesting- Thank you!

Kelly Kenobi - Seems the Kenobi's may have some history here, can't wait to see what that might be!- Thanks, there is and more will be revealed in the next instalment.

Knight-Ander - It sounds like the planet the temple is on is "not entirely stable" (sorry, suddenly had the urge to say that) - LOL! Was wondering if someone might mention that! - Will your OC and Sifo-Dyas' apprentice, Mia, make a cameo in this story? - No, the Duty Trilogy was set in an alternate universe, this isn't. I'm glad you stopped by. :)

Fab - Well, Obi Wan is definitely a sight to behold! - LOL true! :) Thanks for the up!

Cascadia - Sounds intriguing - Thank you, I hope it will continue to be.

Cyn - I'm pleased to see you here Cyn.

Thanks for reading everyone. I hope to have the next instalment up by the end of the week.

10. ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Siri_Kuimini Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmmmm v intriguing...can't wait for more...and UP!
  12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did you say...Kenobi?

:eek: I have vibes about this...all of them good ones!

Great start Sabe! I can't wait for the next post!!
  13. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    AJK - I have vibes about this...all of them good ones! - Thank you!

Siri K - hmmmm v intriguing - I'm glad you think so, thanks for the up.

------------------------------------------

Part 2

?Yes,? Qui-Gon said quietly, ?I did.?

The Professor nodded slowly. Turning away from the Jedi he walked off across the site towards a marked out section of ground. Qui-Gon followed him.

?Aftershocks, they seem to occur on a daily basis but that was the strongest so far. I am in contact with the Governor, he is monitoring the situation for us and?? Qui-Gon waited for him to continue. ?Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Milovy stopped and faced him. ?Master Jinn, Marissa does not know. There was no point telling her about her only living relative when she would never be able to meet him.?

Qui-Gon nodded, ?So I was right??

?Yes. What are you going to do??

?Nothing for the moment.? Both men turned as Marissa and Obi-Wan approached.

?Professor, this is Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

?Professor Milovy,? they shook hands.

?Was there any damage?? Marissa asked, handing him the scanner.

?I was just about to look. Can you check the ruins while I show Master Jinn the remains please??

Qui-Gon has been listening to the exchange in silence. He looked from Obi-Wan to Marissa, there was no real resemblance apart from the eyes; it had not been a trick of the light he realised.

?What evidence have you that connects this with the Jedi, Professor?? Obi-Wan asked.

?It?s only a fragment but it?s enough.?

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon noted with a smile still looked sceptical. ?Why don?t you go with Marissa, Obi-Wan??

?Yes, Master.?

Professor Milovy watched them head for the only visible evidence of the Temple, the remains of a stone wall. ?I haven?t seen him since he was a few months old. I had forgotten.?

---------------------------------

?I looked at the history of Anobis before coming here, there is a legend about a Jedi Temple.? Marissa had not missed Obi-Wan?s expression.

?That?s just it, it?s a legend.?

?There might be some truth in it.?

Obi-Wan shrugged and changed the subject.

?What were you doing on Yavin??

?Excavating part of a Massassi outpost.?

?That must have been interesting.?

Marissa smiled, ?Not really, there are many located throughout the jungle. Have you been there?? Obi-Wan shook his head. ?If you do, go the Temple.?

Obi-Wan resisted the urge to roll his eyes, another Temple! ?Why, what?s there??

?The inside walls are covered with carvings representing the constellations, the night sky on Yavin is so clear you can see them.?

?Were the Massassi correct??

She looked at him quickly.

?I am interested,? he reassured her with a grin.

?Yes, they were but recently discovered carvings show that the Massassi were more advanced than was previously thought. The Temple and carvings date back ten thousand years and the Temple seems to be a map of the galaxy.?

?Anything that interesting here??

?No, not so far.?

They reached the ruined wall. ?This is all the evidence of a building we have but the Professor thinks that it was originally the outer wall, running parallel to the woods and out as far as the markers.?

Obi-Wan looked where she pointed, to where Qui-Gon and Milovy stood, ?Is that where you found the remains??

Marissa nodded. ?Now you are here we can run some tests, find out how old they are.?

?So what is this fragment you found??

?The Professor showed it to Master Sifo-Dyas. He found it here; it?s a fragment of a stone tablet. You see the earth is lower here,? she jumped down, ?we think that this might have been some sort of storage chamber.?

Obi-Wan followed and knelt down beside her. ?This is where it was found,? she told him, removing the protective cover.

Obi-Wan looked at the stone fragment, ?What does it say??

?It?s Anzatian. It translates ?Jedi and the army of the Republic defeat...?

Obi-Wan shook his head, ? The Republic doesn?t have an army.?

?There hasn?t been an army since the Republic was formed
  14. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
  15. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    There was no point telling her about her only living relative when she would never be able to meet him. :eek:

So that's why Qui-Gon thought the light was playing tricks on him.

And Master Sifo-Dyas has an opinion about what the stone fragment means? Do I sense the forming of a Republic army in the works?

Nice job of thickening the plot, Sabe.
  16. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm. So is this fragment of a prophecy, perhaps? And Obi-Wan is related to her. But how?

Nice little mysteries. :D
  17. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    interesting. I am experiencing de ja vu, or have you posted this before?
  18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He he he..sorry just that mention about the Republic army made me smile.

More soon!!
  19. Sabe126 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi PJ - Thanks for stopping by :)

KA - So that's why Qui-Gon thought the light was playing tricks on him. - Yep.
    And Master Sifo-Dyas has an opinion about what the stone fragment means? Do I sense the forming of a Republic army in the works? - He thought it enough to contact the Council... :)

Cascadia - So is this fragment of a prophecy, perhaps? - Hmmm could be but as there is only a fragment left we will never know! And Obi-Wan is related to her. But how? - All will be revealed very soon!

Padawan K - I'm glad you found it interesting. I haven't posted this before so maybe it is a case of de ja vu!

AJK - More in a couple of days.

Since this story has only just started I am continuing it at the Before the Saga Board.
    The Lost Temple
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.