main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Lost Warrior - Obi-Wan/Luke/Leia - Completed - Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sabe126, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Next instalment at the weekend. I just haven't had time to write anything.

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Under the circumstances, that's quite understandable. :)

3. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Sorry, suffering from DWB! Hope to post the next instalment at the weekend. Thanks for waiting :)

4. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Part 25

Marissa had seen him. Obi-Wan watched the ship begin its landing cycle. He had not meant that to happen. He had heeded Bail?s counsel about not making contact but at the last moment, when the Jedi had realised that he might never see them again, Obi-Wan had allowed himself to be visible to them. That had been enough.

?Don?t worry,? Dex joined him at the window, ?Marissa will be here.?

Obi-Wan nodded slowly. He hoped so but in his heart he did not believe it. He had greeted his old friend warmly. The old cook had not changed and neither, the Jedi expected, had the food he served in his diner.

It was only when Dex had asked if Marissa had arrived, that Obi-Wan began to realize that something was wrong. Dex had tried to reassure him that she would be there soon but he was not convinced. First Bail and now Marissa were unable to help them. It were as if Palpatine knew?

?Dex,? he turned to the besalisk, ?do you have any contacts along the Rishi Maze??

?Of course.? Dex grinned.

?We need to know what is happening out there.? The Jedi briefly explained what Rem had seen.

Dex rubbed his chins thoughtfully, ?From all reports they aren?t letting ships anywhere near that sector.? He shrugged, ?I?ll see what I can find out.?

As he watched the cruiser ramp lower, Obi-Wan realised he was holding his breath. In a few moments he would see her?

?Ol? Buddy.? Dex interrupted his thoughts, ?that isn?t Marissa.? Quickly he filled the Jedi in on Marissa?s plan. Dex?s friend who had helped them in the past would bring a ship for Obi-Wan and Lillie and Rem would leave with Dex.

?She never expected to arrive.? Obi-Wan finally allowed himself to accept it.

Dex patted him sympathetically on the back. ?I?ll go and meet him.?

?Obi-Wan?? Lillie stood in the doorway. The Jedi shook his head in response. ?We?d better leave for Dantooine.?

?I?ll join you in a moment.? Scanning the skies once more, Obi-Wan tried to focus on the mission that still lay ahead of them. Master Sifo-Dyas and the lesson that he must unlearn.

-----------------------------------

The night skies above Coruscant were crowded but as Marissa descended the ramp there was only one sound she could hear. Ignoring the storm troopers guarding her, she quickly crossed the platform to where Vader was waiting.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Uh oh- trouble

6. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Aw, Obi-Wan so hopeful, and his hopes dashed. :( And what does Marissa think she's doing?! Yep, there's going to be trouble!

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: Whoa!!! This CAN'T be good!! :eek:

8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    PK - Uh oh- trouble - You could say that! ;)

TJ - Aw, Obi-Wan so hopeful, and his hopes dashed. And what does Marissa think she's doing?! - Obi-Wan has to focus on getting to Sifo-Dyas in time and Marissa is doing what has to be done.

Gina - Whoa!!! This CAN'T be good!!- No, find out what Vader wants in the next instalment.

Thanks for sticking with this! :)

9. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  10. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Part 26

The security holo footage did not show the hangar or its occupants clearly but Marissa recognised one of them. Transfixed she watched as the figures ran towards the ship, until at a barely visible gesture from Vader, the holo froze.

?Let Lillie stay free.?

Marissa looked through the image of her daughter towards the dark Lord. Had he guessed who her companions were? Surely Vader would have recognised Obi-Wan but she had no time for such thoughts. He was waiting for her response. ?What do you want me to do??

Abruptly the holo vanished as Vader led the way to the next room. Throwing open the doors, he paused to gauge her reaction. This was the Emperor?s private museum. Along with the exhibits he had collected over the years as Senator, were artefacts belonging to the Sith and various Jedi items acquired from the Temple Archives.

Marissa walked past him, taking in the various exhibits. Here were the Naboo religious figures that Palpatine had loaned to the Nubia Museum of Artefacts and Anzatian religious carvings that she remembered seeing at the Coruscant Museum of Ancient History as a child. On one wall hung an Aldera moss painting of the deep-water lakes with the mountains in the background. Marissa stopped in front of it, aware that Vader was watching her. As she reached the next display cases, she knew why.

Wandering past various Jedi artefacts her gaze was drawn to one of the larger cases. Inside was a hexagonal box with a circular indent on each side above which a symbol was engraved. Marissa studied it intently; this was the Lost Holocron that the Professor had found for Palpatine. Alongside was one of the small circular keys that would unlock its secrets. Thanks to Obi-Wan, the Emperor would never be able to activate the holocron and the prophecy would remain unknown.

Vader now stood in front of the next display. As she approached, Marissa realised that it contained a number of stone tablets. Seeing the Jedi artefacts amongst Palpatine?s collection had not worried her, the most important secrets of the Jedi had been removed for safety to Dantooine. Quickly she scanned the various tablets, relieved that none appeared to be written in the language of the Jedi.

Standing beside the dark Lord, Marissa saw the tablet that held his interest. He turned his masked visage towards her, ?What does it say??

Marissa nodded. ?It is written in Anzatian.? She explained that for thousands of years, it had been a common language throughout the galaxy. Vader looked back at the tablet as she began to translate.

"From the encroaching darkness, there will appear one strong in the Force, the Chosen One." Marissa continued to speak, hardly glancing at the tablet in front of them. The words were familiar. Vader gave no reaction as she spoke the final words, "thus balance shall be restored according to the will of the Force."

?Marissa.?

Palpatine crossed the room towards them. ?I had not expected to see you again so soon but Lord Vader requested that you be his guest at the ceremony.? He saw what they had been looking at and glanced contemptuously at Vader before leaving. ?There are so many prophecies relating to the Jedi.? Palpatine?s laughter briefly drowned out the sound of Vader?s breathing as they followed him.

On a balcony overlooking the square below, Bail Organa watched as the crowds grew silent and turned his head to determine the cause. The Emperor and Vader had appeared on the balcony just above him. As the Emperor greeted the masses, the door to the Viceroy?s balcony opened and he watched in surprise as Marissa joined him.

?Are you alright?? Bail whispered.

Marissa nodded. ?Are you Vader?s guest too??

?Yes.?

The droid holo cam that passed their balcony curtailed any further conversation. Marissa gripped the rail, as down in the square the statue of Palpatine was unveiled and the droid swooped down to record their reaction. Both applauded automatically. Bail watched as Palpatine accepted the adulation of the crowd but Vader?s attent

11. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Do I sense tension between the Dark Lord and his Master? [face_thinking]

Intriguing update, Sabe.

12. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Vader seems much more interested in the artefacts, while Palpatine seems to dismiss them... wonder why? Maybe Palpatine is just feigning his contempt. Uh oh, things can't be going too well for Marissa and Bail right now.

Nice post!

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh my! Both Bail and Marissa there [face_worried] not good... hopefully she'll notice that tension too. But I'm sure she will :) she's pretty quick for noticing things like that :)

14. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - Do I sense tension between the Dark Lord and his Master? - Palpatine is amused at Vader's interest in the Chosen One Prophecy.

JT - Vader seems much more interested in the artefacts, while Palpatine seems to dismiss them... wonder why? - Palpatine is no longer interested in a prophecy he now believes is finished. Vader's motives for the translation will be made clear later on. Marissa and Bail are not free to leave yet.

Kynstar - Oh my! Both Bail and Marissa there not good - No, not good at all. Not only are they unable to help Obi-Wan and Lillie but Marissa is unsure how much Vader knows.

Thanks for reading everyone :)

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I love political game playing- especially when someone like Palpy gets skewered by it

Any chance of that?

16. Sabe126_and_FAB

Sabe126_and_FAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    PK - I love political game playing- especially when someone like Palpy gets skewered by it - Any chance of that? - It doesn't look likely I am afraid. :( Vader and Palpatine are playing their own ongoing games. More of Vader's motives will be revealed though.

Note - - That was from Sabe126 only. Forgot I was in the wrong username!

17. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Hmmm...Looks like there is trouble brewing between Vader and Palpy. But they have Bail and Marissa. Not good. [face_worried]

Excellent update, as always! :D

18. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    I too was intrigued by the tension between Vader and Palpy. Nicely written scene, Sabe! Great details and lots of tension. Keep 'em coming. :)

19. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Gina - Hmmm...Looks like there is trouble brewing between Vader and Palpy. But they have Bail and Marissa. Not good ? No, not good at all! Thanks Gina.

AW - I too was intrigued by the tension between Vader and Palpy. ? Thanks Arwyn. They are both following their own agendas and Marissa has the misfortune to be caught up in it.

20. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    My sister is getting married on friday, so have been a bit busy. Hope to have the next instalment posted on Sunday.

Thanks for being patient :)

21. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    *Du-lurking*
    UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for the up Ca_Tron :)

Have had a fantastic but very busy weekend with my sister's wedding. Haven't had time to write the next instalment.

Will post it later this week. Thanks again for being patient!

23. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Part 27

?Why was Vader so interested in the prophecy?? Luke?s voice shook as he sat hunched over, his expression one of misery. ?Did he think that my father?s death brought balance??

?Forget about the prophecy Luke.? Lillie warned him. ?It is just a few words someone scratched on a stone tablet thousands of years ago.? They had all been wrong to put their faith in such things. With Obi-Wan?s death, their final hope had been extinguished.

?The Jedi believed in it?? He began uncertainly.

?That is all it is.? She repeated. ?Whatever games Vader and Palpatine were playing, it doesn?t matter. You must accept that.?

?I?ll try.? Luke muttered.

?I remember that broadcast.? Leia spoke up. ?My father used it to teach me the importance of appearances in politics.? Scrambling to her feet she quickly climbed to the dais, mentioning her father had brought unexpected tears to her eyes. The princess had no doubt that Vader and his Emperor had always suspected her involvement in the Rebel Alliance but the Senate had provided some protection. ?That is all over now,? she said softly to herself before turning back to them. ?There was a reception after the ceremony wasn?t there??

---------------------------------------------

?Goodbye ol?buddy.? Dex released Obi-Wan. ?I doubt we?ll meet again.?

The Jedi shook his head. ?You never know Dex. Thank you for your help.?

?Obi-Wan!? Rem appeared at the top of the ramp. ?Come quickly!?

Sprinting up the ramp, Obi-Wan followed him to the cockpit, where they found Lillie watching the holo broadcast. ?What is it??

?I saw my mother.? She looked at him, her face pale. ?There was a ceremony earlier today to unveil a statue of Palpatine. My mother and Bail are there.?

Obi-Wan watched in growing horror, as the holo news reel repeated and there for a few seconds were Marissa and Bail applauding before the cam cut to the Emperor, acknowledging the masses below him.

?Do you think they know?? Lillie asked. The cam now showed other balconies packed with dignitaries.

Obi-Wan quickly shook his head with a confidence he did not feel. ?No, it looks like most of the Senate is there.?

?What should we do?? Rem spoke up.

?Nothing,? Obi-Wan replied, darting a hurried glance at Lillie, who nodded, ?we stick to the plan.? He sighed as Marissa was shown again. ?Dex will take you to rendezvous with Bail. The Viceroy has to know about what you saw. Lillie and I will continue our mission.?

------------------------------------------------------

Bail nodded absent-mindedly in response to the Senator from Nubia but his eyes were fixed on Marissa on the other side of the room. As they had waited for Palpatine to arrive for the reception, she had hurriedly told him what had happened. ?You can?t get involved in whatever game they are playing?? Bail had whispered as they made their way into the room.? ?It?s too late for that.? She had replied, as Palpatine approached them.

Scanning the room, Bail saw that he was not the only one watching her. Vader stood alone nearby. Sensing the Viceroy?s gaze, he slowly turned his head towards him and nodded in recognition. Returning the gesture, Bail took two glasses of Alderaanian wine from a passing waiter and made his excuses to the Senator.

?This reminds me,? Palpatine surveyed the room with a satisfied smile, ?of the reception for your father on Nubia.?

?It does??

?Yes,? Palpatine cackled quietly. ?Although I assume there won?t be the same outcome this time.? He sighed, ?So many plot against me. Ah, here is the Viceroy,? Palpatine?s smile widened. ?He has always been such a good friend, hasn?t he??

?Yes,? Marissa whispered, as she watched Bail wind his way towards them through the crowd.

?Now, I must speak with Lord Vader.?

Gratefully Marissa took the glass Bail offered. ?What did Palpatine want?? He asked.

?Nothing important.? She replied ignoring the questioning look he gave her.

?Will Vader let you leave??

?Oh yes,? Marissa turned to him with a sad smile, ?he has what he want

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    I don't know what it is, but every time Palpatine speaks, I feel like I should take a shower afterwards.[face_sick]

What are our two Sith Lords up to? Are they just keeping Marissa close to see if they can draw out Obi-Wan? Or is it something more sinister? [face_thinking]

Good post, Sabe.

25. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - What are our two Sith Lords up to? Are they just keeping Marissa close to see if they can draw out Obi-Wan? Or is it something more sinister? - Thanks KA. Yes, Palpatine does give you the creeps! Both are playing their own game and yes it is sinister. You will have to wait and see ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.