main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Lotus of Many Flavors: Try the Dragon's Brew! ~BBH Thread of OOCness~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Darth_Elu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hello, all!

And yeah, I have to admit that I'm still working my way through the opening post, but what I have read so far is absolutely amazing – a promising start, to be sure! :)

I should finally have some free time tonight to actually work on a post! And if you haven't been following along in Hoopers, I may even try my hand at first person...we shall see. As it is, I'm having some second-thoughts on that! :p

2. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    First person posts seem so daunting to me. I'll let you professionals tackle that and happily read the results. ;)

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    On the subject of first person point of view, I've done it twice in the 281 and 283 seasons of ELL respectively (The season structure of the game is really good for trying out new things with out committing to them for long periods). In 283 I did first person with two characters, it helped that the two were separated by parsecs of space for most of it. If you want to see how it all turned out for me you can read this post from 281 and this one for 283. Don't worry too much about the context these are I think just the best examples of my writing.

Also these are probably some of the posts that got me named the most long winded role player.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, I think it will definitely help to check out a few examples before making a decision. Thank you for the links, galactic-vagabond422! :)

And long-winded, oh boy...that's the last thing I need...lol!

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
  6. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Hehe...dragon your feet... :p

Darth_Elu and QueenSabe7 like this.
  7. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *slides a Dragon's Brew to QueenSabe7 * Didn't say whether you want it hot or chilled…so I made it with a little shock of lightning. You're welcome. [face_mischief] :p

And glass half full, eh Ktala? ;)

Its been a long time since I wrote anything in first person, maybe I'll do so at some point. [face_thinking]

greyjedi125 My thoughts exactly. :p

spacelady [face_tee_hee] ;)

Time for our first official Special Discussion!

What are your initial Hopes and Expectations for Bound By Honor?

8. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    i can find you a few chewed up posts that can help you get an idea of what it's like in a different setting as well, if you want. i know it's part of why i've gotten longest post in every game at varying points as well.

oh goodness elu... going to make me think. >_< will get back to you on that.

9. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Well, you already know most of what I'm hoping to see in the thread, Elu. ;) :p But other than that, I hope to expand more on her mysterious past. Dun dun dun!

Darth_Elu and A Blind Prophet like this.
  10. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    i guess for me, the answer i'm looking for is just a really quality game, with a lot of interesting characters that are well written and to see the pieces form into a whole greater than the sum of their parts.

if you're talking for my characters, well... that's a different matter i guess. akiva, i want her to get to scratch that restlessness itch somehow. get to go and do things that no one else has ever done. pyrrak wants a way of cutting through all of the stupidity that he's come to realize is part of the honor system, mainly the sort of catch 22 that has him in his current situation where technically he'd have been better off leaving a lot of people to die.

Darth_Elu and HanSolo29 like this.
  11. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    *gets zapped when grabbing for the glass* The stronger the better, right? :cool:

Hopes and expectations for BBH? Hmmm... [face_thinking] Character-related, I'm excited to flesh out Izanami's past and what makes her tick. Also to delve deeper into the situation with her brother as it shaped her into the woman she is at the start. Overall, I'm with A Blind Prophet in that I'm excited to be a part of such a well-thought-out game with a great group of players.

On a more personal level, prior to this the only legit RPG experience I've had thus far has been the NST. So, I'm looking forward to learning how to handle a completely new persona in a completely new game setting.

12. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    you'd never know that was all you'd ever done before QueenSabe7, syren is very well done. makes me look forward to what you do with izanami, for sure.

13. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Why thank you, sir. Lovely first post for Akiva, btw. Can't wait for your little ewok to take his turn. ;)

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  14. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    *bows* thank you lady syren. i'm looking forward to him as well. he's going to be trouble. [face_devil]

and you're most welcome.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    What are your initial Hopes and Expectations for Bound By Honor?

Well, to be honorable? That answers both questions yes? :p

Alright, for Seri'na I suppose to have her strive and grow, fulfill that species deep need and learn to expand further beyond it. In a way being a Samurai is already a step in that direction. Living in the 'above ground' town is another. Traveling further afield is a half step in this delivery, but depending on how it goes I can see it working out as something that will make her think more even as the images and places pull on her to head home. (Although you better hope those bandits don't even think of invading the Selonian tunnel system. The piles of their ejected bodies would be horrific as well. . .I am getting off topic. Excuse me.) I expect in a way you are pushing for that growth, that continued momentum taking her further from home despite it also making her appreciate it more.

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Good answers so far. Look forward to seeing where it all truly goes. :D

And yes spacelady I know very well what it is that you want. :p

QueenSabe7 *smirks and nods toward her drink* Here in the Lotus, we call that technique a Shock Top. :cool: :p

17. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    dragonsith13 welcome to the game.

gonna be hard to stand out in this group, so many great writers. but that means we'll all be pushing each other to be better, which is always a good thing.

18. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Got my tiny human in bed and just finished prepping some bread dough, gonna relax and read up a little more on posts in the game. :)

19. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005

Nods*

Not about standing out.... about growing together and epic stories.

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    As a friend of mine likes to say.

Excelsior!

Eh greyjedi125? ;)

And yes, welcome to Xinsuke-ye dragonsith13! Great to have you officially on board. :D

21. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    A Blind Prophet and Darth_Elu like this.
  22. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Agreed, and welcome!

dragonsith13 likes this.
  23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    spacelady Was suggesting the Xishiro being "scaly, dragon/reptilian looking things. But docile!"

Anyone else agree with such an image? I could see it being likely. Open to other ideas if they are presented as well. :)

Darth Luna Good post! And no problem at all with you naming the Tea Shack. ;)

24. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    might i make an addendum to that description? their scales are a bit iridescent, and so depending on the angle you view them from they're either dark green or blue.

i know, it's just something that hit me was all. pretty much everyone in this is so accomplished in the RPF that it's kind of silly, or they are rapidly proving themselves. *glances at darthluna *

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  25. Darth Luna

Darth Luna Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2016
    Wait, what happened now? [face_dunno]