main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Love Music in Ep.2

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Batty4btman, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I actually think Across the Stars is a really underrated theme. It's the most beautiful film music I've heard since the Edward Scissorhands score, and it makes me cry every time I listen to it. I think that a lot of people put down Williams music because they didn't like the romance in AOTC, but that theme was probably the only reason the love story worked at all. It's a real shame AOTC lost out on a best score Oscar nomination, no doubt thanks in part to Lucas's over-editing of the score. :(

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't think it's underrated at all. If you look at polls of a large group of Star Wars fans and not just people who don't like the new films, you will see Across the Stars near the top of everyone's list. I think most everyone knows how amazing this theme is. It is my second favorite Star Wars theme ever.

3. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I'm talking about OUTSIDE the Star Wars community. Obviously the fans realise what a beautiful piece of music it is.

4. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    As a note to that....most "film score fans" have settled their opinions on the AOTC score based upon a bad review in Film Score Monthly... and most of their arguements and complaints are direct quotes of the article (which had some major errors in it, too). Anywho, the problem was that this author based his opinions completely upon how it sounded and made him feel...not at all about the make-up of the music itself. From those I have spoken with in the music theory community, ones who have taken a critical look at AOTC have all loved the work JW has done; especially the work with the love theme, its treatment within the film, and its connections to other themes in the saga.

as far as the Oscar's go....they just suck and will never give props to GL due to his rebellion against their way (an his success in that).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.