main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC The lovely weather outside!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    [image=http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_clt_closeradar_large_usen.jpg]

I know that the image changes. But today's weather is rather fun, the lightning, the hail, etc. So... how's the weather in your part of town? :)

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I hate rain. :( Or at least, I hate it when I have to go out in it, especially when I have to go out grocery shopping in it. [face_plain]

[/end gripe session]

3. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I love the rain here... it was nice.
    We needed rain tonight. We got an inch in 30 minutes out here in my area of Matthews, off of Stallings (near Indian Trail). Altogether, I think we got about an inch and a half. The only thing that sucked is that I had to turn off my computer for once ;)

4. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    I missed the rain and stuff.. I was sleeping! Yesterday I had an accident in my front garden - I was taking down the recycle bin and fell into a hole some #%#@%#^# friend of my ex-$^$%#%-roommate dug by spinning tires in the grass! I hate people! Anyway, I screwed up my ankle and although it's better, it's still sore. Did I mention I hate people? : ) So no interesting storm for me. Bah!! : )

5. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    you like rain huh?
    come to England, lots of it here :p

6. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    It's quite lovely today. :)

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It's a beautiful day down here in Atlanta, as well. It's going to be a bit warm, however.

Saturday and yesterday were the absolute most perfect days. Not very hot, low humidity, and beautiful blue skies. :)

8. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Yep, that's how it was here too. Unfortunately I had a hair appointment Saturday, so I ended up inside on Saturday afternoon (it takes two hours or so to do my hair, since I have gray that has to be colored [face_plain] ). I spent Sunday afternoon by the pool in my apartment complex though. :)

LadyVader: I spent a month in St-Malo, France, a few years ago; the weather we had there, I've been told, is similar to what you have in England. It was June, and one week it was 90 degrees, which to me is normal summertime weather, but for the locals, you might as well have stuck them in the middle of the desert--they kept complaining, "Oh! Il fait chaud!" The next week, it was 50 degrees and pouring rain. I can't say I envy you Brits for your weather, even if I do envy your rich cultural heritage.

9. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    ermm 90 degrees here would be a heat wave :p

10. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Anakin_Girl -- Ow! Two hours to cover grey hair? That's insane! Maybe it's cos I use darker shades, but mine only takes like 20 minutes! You need to slap those hairstylists around a bit! : )

LadyVader81 -- Wow, you're a long way from home visiting us Charlatans (ehh.. Charlotteans) on the local yokel boards. Welcome! It's nice to meet ya!

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    She's stalking me! ;) :p
    Bad Jean! :p Go back to England! :p Uhh...
    And it's sunny outside! Yay! :D

..and Jean, I'm just joking about going staying in the UK FF.. you're more than welcome to stay around here and parade and become the Godess and all...

anywho.. back to webhosting work! I'm getting paid again! Yay! :D

And this weather so rules... if I were wearing a shirt, I'd open my window... but my neighbors stare :p

12. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Yea! It's sunny outside! :) Hot as hell, but sunny outside. :p

LadyVader: It's not abnormal at all here for it to be 95 degrees during the summer. It's humid, too. If you don't have air conditioning here, you're screwed.

And don't pay any attention to James--he thinks he's God's gift to women and everyone is stalking him. :p (j/k James ;) Don't your neighbors have anything better to do than stare at you shirtless?) Come hang out with those of us with funky Southeastern U.S. accents at any time. :)

Cartooncheryl: 20 minutes is all? Wow. Maybe it's because I have mine highlighted with foil wraps and I do two different shades--reddish-brown, then blonde--that it takes so long. I got it cut shorter for the summer last week, too--my husband was kind of pissed, but he doesn't have to put up with long hair in the heat. :p

13. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    thanks for the welcome lol

maybe I am stalking him ? ;) :p

I'd love to have hot weather I hope we get 90 degrees this year. I like hot summers but this country rarely gets very hot, though lots of people think its hot it isn't. I must have got used to the summer over in the states me thinks :D

Time to look at a holiday next year ;)

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    he thinks he's God's gift to women and everyone is stalking him.
    -- I had a girl admit to me today that she liked me :p ~ and I think I've caught another 2 or 3 on my hook ;)

Don't your neighbors have anything better to do than stare at you shirtless?
    -- Heck if I know these days. I'm never ever home and when I am, I'm either asleep or running domain stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.